Life With The Parkers

By ItzSoniaPearl

Charlotte Hayes an average teenage girl living a normal life in Seattle had her life dictated for her, when s... More

Chapter 1 & The characters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
New aesthetic for the characters
Chapter 97

Chapter 24

10 2 0
By ItzSoniaPearl

“Yeah, I hope y'all had fun on your date” I said sarcastically as I stepped outside. “I said I was sorry” Bianca said and I rolled my eyes.

I didn't tell her the shit that really happened yesterday.

“I gotta go”

“Are you still mad at me?”

“Yes and... I'm outside already, so bye” I ended the call and looked up the guys. It was Sunday morning... again.

“We are doing in line skate!” Austin announced. “Why don't we do something we all can do for once?”

“This is for taking my keys”

“You ditched me” I reminded and Carson glanced at me, sitting on the stairs leading to the porch.

My other problem...who in line skates? How do you balance on that shit? I could deal with roller skates but not that shit.

Cole and Calvin got out and the boys chatted away, they were playing it safe with a bicycle, while the risk takers like Austin and Jayson went in line skating.

I couldn't find Mason.

I stared at Carson before heading down the stairs. “I don't need you to keep me safe” I said and he looked up from his phone.

“I wasn't offering” No shit.

I grabbed the skating shoe. I do all this shit to learn and I know I would get hurt.

But... what's the fun in not trying?

I tried standing up...as I said tried, I just remained squatted on the floor. “Why do you like getting hurt?” I heard him say, he was standing in front of me, I looked up at him.

“And why do you care?”

I got pulled up from the floor and I actually began moving, I looked down at my shaky legs and then back at him. “You can do nothing without me, can you?”

“I didn't ask for your help” he let go off me but I yelped and fell back in his arm. He shot me a deadpanned look and I mumbled under my breath.

It took minutes and I was getting a hang of this and it got me wondering, why was he helping me? I literally warned him strictly to stay away but...

He wasn't and was I complaining?

I wasn't... it's just so weird of him.

I mean, he's a certified weirdo and this was out of his...weird to do list.

“I'm actually skating, you could let me-” he did before I could finished the statement and I staggered and was definitely gonna land on the floor but I wrapped my hand around him and held on tight.

I hated floors, I hated falling. Who loved falling?

That's why I clinged to him for life and I felt him stiffen. My head was over his chest and there was silent, the only thing I heard was his...

Heart beat

It was weird and...slow.

“Why is your heart beating so slow?” he moved back immediately and I landed on the floor... eventually.

“What the fuck?!” someone yelled from behind, it was Mason. He hurried to me and I looked up at Carson, he stared at me with no emotion on his face, moving backwards.

“What the fuck was that?” Mason asked, squatting down before me, I hurt my knee a little. He went back into the house. “Are you okay?”

“I'm fine” I removed the shoes without meeting his eyes. He lets out a sigh“Have you been ignoring me?” he tilted my chin up and I couldn't lie.

“I know what I saw” he added and I looked down. Was I really gonna tell him what my problem was with him?

How do I put this in a way I don't sound jealous?

“Okay, I heard you” he was confused, obviously! I started wrongly.

“I heard your phone call with your...” I trailed off  once he caught on with what I was saying, I tried to defend myself. “I'm sorry I eavesdropped or anything but-”

“You heard that?” his voice was tense for a second there and I paused. “Yeah, I didn't mean to” I looked down at my hand in guilt.

“Charlotte” he tilted my chin up again. “That was a friend of mine” oh!

“She's been away for a while and decided to...call” he explained and some how that relieved me. “Oh"

Crisis averted!

"I'm sorry for ignoring you then” he chuckled.

Looking down at my knee. “We gotta get that fixed, I'm sorry about it by the way” he apologized on behalf of his brother.

”It's okay”

“Come on” he lifted me off the floor. “Mason, I could walk. It's just my knee” I reminded.

“I don't care” he headed back into the house and i laughed.

★★★

I typed on my phone mindlessly and didn't notice Mitchell calling out to me. “Charlotte!”

It slipped of my hand and landed on the counter, bringing me back to reality. “Oh, sorry Mitch” I raked my hair.

“Are you okay?” she made sure to ask and I sighed, leaning on the counter. Apart from the fact getting harassed wasn't a new thing to me...

Carson has been...the biggest mystery of my life.

He is just layers and layers of dickishness and confusion and it's to getting me...

“Charlotte!” my eyes snapped back to her. She shot me a concerned look. “He is a pain in the ass” she knew who I was talking about.

“You both have a lot in common if you haven't noticed”

“How's that?” i asked and she grinned.  “You don't expect me to give a rundown of your life, do you?” I chuckled.

Classic Mitchell.

“You both are the only ones who could stand each other” she went on anyways and I looked up. “Have you met us... together?” she smiled, eyes on what she was doing.

“I mean, if there's any one that's supposed to understand him, it's you” what is that supposed to mean?

Me? Why me?

Before I could voice out my question...“Mitchell, I have a problem” Chloe yelled, walking in. Every freaking time.

“What's it, Chloe?” She asked in a sing-song voice and that was my cue to leave. “I'm having na dumb spelling bee tomorrow and I'm not ready for it, I don't...” her voice faded out of my head as I walked out.

Why do they keep saying this? Why do they all think that I could understand him? We both hated each other.

We can't stand ourselves.

Getting into the elevator and getting out at the other side, I walked to my room. Hand on the door knob, I paused and turned to the other side, to Carson's open door...

My feet moved without my will, it's no new shit that I was nosy.

Infact, it was becoming a problem. I stopped in front of it and knocked, it's not like I wanted him to answer, I was just making sure he wasn't in.

But what if he answers? I paused, I haven't thought of that.

After seconds, he didn't answer, so I slid in. Leaving the door the way it was and refusing to turn on the light, so I turned on the light on my phone.

Walking deeper into the room, the door was open he wasn't far off, I needed to be fast.

In doing what exactly?

I didn't even know why I was here, just wanted to feed my urge of being a creep.

Different doors were at either sides of the room, pulling the first one open. It was his walk in closet, this had all his shirts nicely arranged in racks and colour coded too. No bright colors.

The next door was another closet, his jean and shorts nicely arranged, and damn, the closet was huge.

I walked to the other one, pulling it open, I stepped. This just contain shoes, some still in their packs. This was a room of its own, the next one was filled with hoodies.

Oh my gosh! I'm tempted to steal.

He had a lot of them, the next one was filled with jerseys and short, when last did he wear these?

Then there was all his watches and bling all arranged nicely in a drawer, I dropped my phone on the bed and picked one up and just then I heard footsteps.

My eyes shot to the door, his shadow seeped in. Oh shit! I panicked and pushed back the drawer, I closed every door and ran to the first one.

I hurried in and shot the door, hiding behind the racks. The door opened and the lights came on.

Just as I was about sighing, I realized my phone was still on the bed...with the torch turned on. Oh shit!

Kill me, I'm dead!

He walked in, with his phone over his ear. What are the chances of him not seeing my phone?

He looked down at it.

-0.5 out of 10.

He picked it up and my breath hitched, looking around I backed the wall, my breathing ragged. He said few things to the person at the other side before ending the call and dropping both phones.

He took off his jacket and dropped his watch at the side table.

Just as I thought I was gonna survive this trip, he took off his shirt, for some reason, I got an exclusive view.

My eyes outlined every tattoo on his body, there was none at his back.

Stop drooling and focus on how to get the fuck out of here. I wiped my mouth, he grabbed the phone and headed to the door at the other side.

Wait,so I'm not getting it back? Definitely not his plan.

I waited few minutes after that before getting out, I ran to his hoodie closet and took one of them.

I'm not gonna lose all tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.7K 7.5K 40
"The laugh cracked loudly into the school's atrium, like a shot of a gun. A quick bullet. A deadly bullet the pierces through flesh and bone. I reali...
756 48 44
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...
95 3 9
For every question WHY You were my BECAUSE ____ After years of abuse and sadness, Charlotte finally finds a small group of people that accept her for...
116K 2.9K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...