Aftermath

By heartlessbrock

This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy! More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
126
Not a chapter

125

2.7K 73 220
By heartlessbrock

"Can we bring them to dinner?" I asked and stood up. "I don't see why not." Colby said causing me to shrug.

"Gee, I don't know. The fact that someone could murder or kidnap them at any moment." I said as he chuckled.

"I wouldn't worry too much about that. Not while I'm around." He said causing me to grin. "I'll hold you to that. Come on." I said then held my hand out for him to take.

"Where are we taking them?" He asked as we walked down the hallway.

"I don't know. Wherever they want, I guess." I said with a shrug then went into the room my siblings were in.

"Jule, can we get pizza?" Carter asked as I nodded. "Any objections to that?" I asked and looked at the rest of the kids. We stood there for a second in silence which indicated that everyone was cool with pizza.

"Great. Let's go." I said then turned to Colby. "I don't know this area, so you'll have to lead the way." Colby said and took my hand.

"Sissy, can we go to Chuck E Cheese?" Juniper asked with an innocence that melted my heart.

I wanted to say yes immediately because I wanted to go where they wanted to go, but I was scared of being in such a busy place.

I think Colby could sense my anxiety because he spoke up before me. "Maybe not tonight, but we can take you soon." Colby said as I quietly sighed with relief.

"What about Buster's Pizza?" Jenna asked as I nodded.

"That's a better option for tonight." I said then led the way out to the car. "Want me to drive?" I asked as Colby shook his head.

"No, I've got it." He said as I pursed my lips. "We do need to get Juniper a car seat." I said and opened the back door of Colby's car.

I scrunched my brow, seeing there was already one in there. "Jeremy." Colby said simply as I shook my head. "You think of everything." I said then cupped his cheek and kissed him.

"Gross." Jenna said causing me to laugh. "Sorry. Come on, sweet pea." I said and took Juniper from her.

"Sissy." Juniper said as I started buckling her into her car seat. "Yes?" I asked, focusing.

"I missed you." Juniper said as I smiled. "I missed you, too. More than you'll ever know." I said then smoothed her hair down.

I couldn't believe that Colby pulled this off and that he was willing to do this for me.

I knew I wanted more details about all of this but we would talk about it later.

Right now I was going to try and enjoy the time I had with my siblings. I didn't know how much time we would have together.

"Okay, tell me where to go." Colby said as he took my hand. "Uh...left." I said as he nodded and started driving.

"Colby, how are you so rich?" Carter asked as I gasped. "Carter! What barn were you raised in?" I asked causing Colby to laugh.

"It's fine, Jules. He's been enamored by all of this." Colby said and squeezed my hand.

"Turn right." I mumbled as he nodded. "So, Carter. I'm the owner of a company. That's why." Colby said with a shrug.

"Can you show me what you do? I wanna own a company." Carter said as Colby shrugged.

"Maybe one day." He said then squeezed my hand.

We drove to the pizza place then got seated in the little dining room that was there.

"I wanna sit next to Colby!" Sam said and ran to sit next to him. "Jule can I sit on his other side?" Carter asked as I chuckled.

"You have a fan club." I said as Colby shrugged. "Not the first time." He said as we all sat down.

"So like..are we able to go back to school now?" Jenna asked as Juniper crawled into my lap.

"Did mom not have you in school?" I asked and looked at them with confusion.

"No, we needed to do chores and watch Juniper." Carter explained. "Great." I mumbled with annoyance.

I couldn't believe my mom cared so little about my siblings that she would rather take them out of school than take responsibility in being their mother.

I was trying so hard to not get angry but I couldn't help it.

She was a horrible woman who deserved to be locked away for life.

"Jules." Colby mumbled as I shook my head and looked away. I didn't want to show my anger around the kids but it was so hard.

We ended up ordering a bunch of pizzas since we wanted to treat the kids. I didn't know what the future held for all of us, but I knew that we had today.

That's all I could ask for.

When we got back to the house Juniper was asleep so I had to bring her to bed.

"Goodnight, Jule. Goodnight, Colby." Jenna said as she went into her room. "Goodnight, Jen. See you in the morning." I said and waved.

"Goodnight guys." Carter said then went into his room. "Goodnight, Carter." I said with a sigh as Sam hugged me.

"Goodnight, Jule. I missed you." He said and hugged me "I missed you, too." I said as he turned and went into his room.

"Let me put Juniper to bed, then we need to talk." I said to Colby as he nodded and leaned in to kiss my head.

I smiled at the gesture then went to bring Juniper to bed.

I load her in the small bed then tucked her in before smoothing her hair down and kissing her forehead.

"Love you." I whispered then turned her night light on and went to leave the room.

It felt weird to be back here and doing this routine after so long.

It was almost like we never left.

When I got back to my room, Colby was folding his shirt and putting it on the dresser.

He was stood in the middle of the room with no shirt on and gray sweatpants hanging off his hips slightly.

He looked really fucking good.

"Like the view?" Colby teased before he sat on the bed.

"I do." I said then walked over and took his face in my hands.

"You're amazing." I whispered then kissed him. He kissed me back, putting his hands on my waist as I straddled his hips, sitting on his lap.

We made out for a little bit before I finally pulled away.

"How did you do it?" I asked, rolling over so I could lay on the bed. "Do what?" He asked as I looked at the ceiling.

"How did you get them here? How did you get my mom arrested? What's next?" I asked as he chuckled.

"One question at a time." He said and laid next to me.

"How did you get my mom arrested?" I asked and looked over at him.

"I had a meeting with Governor, and I explained the situation." He started, looking up at the ceiling.

"Since I work very closely with him and I've done him many favors he said he would send CPS to check it out." He explained.

"There were so many violations that they arrested her, thus giving you custody." He said as I shook my head.

"Legally I'm not allowed to be near them." I said with a sigh. "That's where things got a little messy." He explained causing me to frown.

"I met with him again and asked for that to be anulled." He said then looked over at me.

"He agreed under one condition." He said as I scrunched my brow. "Which is?" I prompted.

"He would let them be in your possession again if I disbanded the secret society." He said as my heart dropped.

"What?" I asked as he nodded. "We did him a lot of favors but people were catching on. Other political figures were onto him that there were secret assassins killing anyone in his way." Colby explained.

"He's been trying to find a way to get rid of us, and this was the perfect opportunity for him." He said as I put my hands on my head.

"You disbanded the secret society?" I asked as he nodded.

"Yeah." He said simply. "You can't do that! You've worked so hard!" I yelled as he shook his head.

"I've already appointed Jeremy to start a new gang. A smaller less powerful one that will grow." He said then reached over and took my hand.

"So you'll be in charge of that one? That sounds like a bad idea." I said as he shook his head. "No. I have to flee the state." He said as my blood ran cold.

"What?!" I yelled, my heart racing.

He was going to leave me again.

"It's too dangerous to stay here, especially after the crime world finds out what I did." He said as my eyes watered.

"You can't do this to me again." I whispered, my voice cracking. "You promised." I said as he sat up and took my hand.

"So come with me, Jules." He said as my eyes widened. "Where?" I asked as he kissed my hand.

"Anywhere. Just run away with me, sweetheart. You me and the kids." He begged. My mind was racing a million miles a minute.

Was it even possible for us to do that?

After everything that's happened to us this seemed like the craziest plan yet.

But I wanted to do it.

"I'll run away with you." I whispered, breaking the silence as a smiled formed on his lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771K 19.4K 113
MATURE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR TOO YOUNG Sequel to Addicted. I'll fill this part out later bc as usual, I just don't know yet. Hope you e...
6.4K 264 27
The sequel to Asylum.
175K 5.3K 111
Final book to the heartless series, if you haven't read the last 3 go do that ❤️
12.2K 123 23
there's some swearing and stuff ykyk not gonna say anything hope you enjoy it :) trigger warnings will be in the beginning of each chapter!!!⚠️⚠️ 26...