The Other Brother

By Mbalezinhle90

n/a More

THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER

245 31 0
By Mbalezinhle90

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 23
KHANYISILE

“How are you doing today?” I ask Banana. 
After him being shot. I felt my world crumbling down to its worst. Luckily Manqoba and the stranger were there to lift me up. I remember how I would lock myself in the bedroom the whole day without food. Did my parents care? No. They gave zero fucks about my well-being. I have come to terms with accepting that I am not their daughter, and I am done trying to pretend like they are my parents. There has been a time where I got to ask myself if they are really my parents or was, I adopted. Whoever needs me will know where to find me.  The day I confirmed that I passed my matric – well I tried. It was not as good as I had wished. But it’s better than nothing. I wasted no time in packing in whatever shit that belongs to me. The audacity of my so cold parents refusing to drive me to Durban. Then having to explain themselves of having a busy schedule. I only just wanted a few hours of their time not the whole day. I wanted them to see that I am safe where I am left. I wanted them to know where to find me if they decided to come by. If it was not for Mkhuleko and Manqoba – I don’t know what would have happened of me. It has been two peaceful months and in those two periods of months no contact has been made. Even Thabi is avoiding me. I ended up giving up honestly. I got tired of following people around. I am slowly growing this wall around my heart. I only let in whoever wants to be in my heart. Amanda. Still close friends and I am happy to announce that we attend the same varsity. Studying the same course. It was not her choice, but her credit score led her to Business Management. She comes around from time to time as well. She lives full time in Res. 
“I want some sunshine today.” He tells me. I feel my heart dancing a multimillion dance. I wasted no time and called for Gugu to come assist in taking my father out for a walk. I am grateful for Mkhuleko for getting my father a Power wheelchair. He can control the wheelchair on his own around the house. It's no longer that bad but he needs help here and there.

We are outside and it feels good to be out with him. He is looking around and I notice that he is edgy. Scrolling down the road, he stops his wheelchair. I spot someone from back home. He has his back turned against us. And I can tell that – that man is one of my father's workers. I wonder what he is doing in Durban. 
“I think we should go back. I don’t feel safe.” My father suggests. I am glad he is not the only one who has that feeling. 
“Yea, I am also having an uneasy feeling.” I tell him. He reverses his wheelchair, and we go back. We will go out once Mkhuleko and Manqoba are back from whatever business meeting they are in. I have that shooting practice later with the girls. At first, I hated shooting but now I seem to be enjoying each and every bit of it. It helps me release all the anger I have in me. With just one look on the head, I empty the bullets on the shooting targets. 
“No classes today?” He asks. He still runs out of breath when he talks for a long time.
“No. But I have some shooting lessons later on.” 
“Don't kill me.” He jokes. I laugh out loud. Even if I tried to. He would be the last person to shoot in this world. 
“I would never. No matter how badly you have wronged me.” The warmth in his eyes assures me that with him I am everything. This man would kill for me, and I feel safer around him. 
“Let's call grand ma.” I say grabbing a phone Mkhuleko gave me. It’s a phone that is designed to only call three numbers. Grandma, Manqoba and Mkhuleko. She is not picking up. I try for the second time and this time around she picks it up. The enthusiasm in her voice sends a tingling sensation to my body. This woman is always happy and ready to talk to us. 
“How is my son doing?” She asks. I decided to step aside and let them have adult conversation. I will make myself some cereal while I wait for the team to come by. I will need to make some food for Dad before I leave. 
“There is some guy looking for you.” Gugu says approaching the kitchen. I frown looking at her. Who could that be? As far as I know I only scheme with girls. Men get to be around if Mkhuleko is around.
“Did he say who he is?” I ask. She shakes her head no and proceeds with her journey around the flat. I will have to call Mkhulelo first. I know no one here in Durban other them him and Manqoba. I take the phone he gave me for emergencies and gave him a ring. He picks up a few rings and laughs. 
“Toti. I’m glad you called. Your pace is picking up and I love it. “
He tells me. This man is totally disrespecting me I see.
“There is a man...” 
“It’s okay. He will be your trainer for today.” Just like that he drops the call on me. I am the one who called and not him. I sigh feeling annoyed. Now I will have to learn someone new. Julie was very gentle with me, and I felt more comfortable since she was a woman and she understood me. I grab my phone leaving Mkhuleko’s phone behind. I bid my father farewell before leaving.
The man is following me behind and I don’t feel comfortable at all. 
“The black car on your right.” He instructs. Since we came out of the flat, he hasn’t said a word to me. His greeting was with a nod, and I just stared at him. This is going to be a long day for me. Now I wish I had classes. 

Arriving at the shooting range – looks like everyone is here. Including Mkhuleko and Manqoba. I swear these two annoy the shit out of me with this vanishing of theirs. I feel like I could just give him a hard slap. 
“Toti. Finally, you arrive.” He says with a huge smile on his face. 
“This is the fist. Seeing you smile.” Says some girl.
“I smile to those who are dear and close to my heart.” He responds by taking the girl in shock. He picks me up and places me on top of the table, getting in-between my legs. 
“You smell fresh.” 
“Did you not say that you are leaving?” I ask.
“Yes, I am. But later on, in the evening. “
I was hoping he would tell me that he was no longer going. The stress that comes with dating a businessman. 
“Okay.”
“We should get started.” He helps me off the table and helps me stand. I just love that he randomly picks me up like I'm a piece of paper.  
“What are the three main types of bullets?” He asks  
“Full metal jacket, hollow point and a soft point.” I respond. 
“Standing. Face slightly to the right and keep body upright. Keep your left arm under the rifle. Try to lock your arm against your chest and rest the rifle in your hand.” Mkhuleko instructs. I am used to this but with him telling me how to do it is kind of sweet. He helps me stand in that awkward position. The gun I'm carrying is very heavy.
“What is your aim, Miss Ngcoobo?” I hate it when he gets serious out of the blue.   
“You need to aim with the dominant or master eye for the most accurate shooting.”
“Good. Now aim to kill!” He shouts behind me. 
He helps me wear earmuffs. This thing is even bigger than my ears. He hands me the gun. I know the drill.
I empty every bullet in one aim. I drop my hand smile. I turn to look at Mkhuleko and he has this look on his face, The proud look but is trying so hard to hide. 
“Perfect. Next week you are starting gym.” He looks at his wristwatch. “I must go. I wanted to see you in action. I am proud of you Toti. Call me anytime you feel unsafe. I love you.” He kisses my forehead and rushes out. I'm used to him now. He is always in a hurry and leaves me standing. There was a time where it would really piss me off, but I have grown to understand that my man is always rushing off somewhere. I look around and immediately I get bored. With Julie not around I am all bored – with no one to talk to. Now I want to be home with my father. 
“Come let's go. I will drop you by.” He came back. This time around he didn’t leave me. I feel like laughing my lungs out. 
“How ndoda. You actually remembered me today. Woahhh remember when it rains.” I annoy him. He smiles looking down on me and shakes his head. 
“I wonder what came over me falling in love with a kid.” 
“Hau, you fuck this kid almost every night.” He freezes a bit. I bet he never expected that. I feel like dancing a victory dance for a bit. Manqoba is rushing towards us. He mumbles a language I know none of. Mkhuleko looks at me and sighs. 
“We have a problem.” 
“What?” I ask. 
“I want you to do whatever I tell you to do so. If I say jump, you jump. If I say lay, you lay no questions asked.” 
“What's going on?” I am panicking. 
“I love you. Go get in the car. And wear that bullet vest you will find there.” 
He instructs. I nod my head in fear and my tiny feet find their way to the car. I wear the vest as told and sit in the car saying a silent prayer. I see everyone running out of the shooting range with guns on their hands. I feel my heart dropping to the pit of my stomach. Some ran across the field. Manqoba on the other hand has driven off in full speed and out of sight already. Mkhuleko has joined the road, and no one is saying anything to anyone. He cocks his gun and places it in-between his thighs. I fasten my seatbelt and say a little prayer. Maybe this is one of his stunts to scare me with. Here is the thing. I don’t know what he does for a living. I don’t know the name of his business – the business that he always tells me about. A loud bag from behind takes me out of my trails of thought. I scream out loud and clung onto my chest. I don’t want to die young and leave my father behind. I've just tasted the soft life. 
“Toti. Do you trust me?” Mkhuleko ask driving in full speed on the highway. Tears are already swimming from one after another. I shake my head yes vigorously. 
“Get behind the wheel. I want to take this car following us.” He commands. He chnages the gear and takes a short left.
I shoot my eyes open in shock. Where in the hell have, I ever held a staring wheel. Well, I have on a non-moving vehicle!
“I can’t.” 
“If you don’t then we will die.” 
A loud sob escapes my mouth. Gunshots fly from somewhere. I scream and duck covering my head. 
“Dammit man Khanyisile. Grow up and come behind the wheel!” He shouts. My heart stings. With my shaky hands I managed to hold the string wheel. I don’t know what to do next. He orders me to come sit on top of him. The car is still moving. 
“Put your foot on the accelerator and hold the steering wheel steady. I know you got this.” He adds. He kisses my head before jumping to another seat. I have never driven before nor even held a steering wheel in a moving vehicle. He cocks his gun and looks at the back. The gunshots are still being aimed at the car. I see the car overlapping on another road. He controls before it could drift furthermore. My heart pounds vigorously to a point of me am not able to breathe. I can't die. Lord, I repent. If you want me to go back to church, I will do so. But please. Do not kill me. 
“Babe. I can't do two things at once. I want you to hold here very tightly and never let go. Your foot must stay right there. Have my back Toti.” 
I nod my head understanding him. The seat is dampened, and I just realized I have peed on myself. I hold on tight to the steering wheel and focus on the road. Everything is playing like a movie right Infront of my eyes. Mkhuleko fiddles with the window and he finally manages to stick his upper body up. He pulls his gun from the seat and begins to shoot like no mercy has been given. I scream in horror. I hear a loud bang from behind – smoke everywhere. He sinks back onto the seat and looks at me. He holds the steering wheel and controls the car while he is still seated in the passenger's seat. 
“We are approaching a dead end. I want you to jump out of the car.” He advises. Seating behind the wheel without a clue - that I could. But jumping out of the moving vehicle I can't. 
“What do you mean.” I ask out of shock. He doesn’t respond but rather leans over and opens the door on my side. My foot is still on the accelerator.
“Jump. We are approaching a cliff.” I remove my foot on the accelerator and take a deep breath. The car slows down. Unexpectedly he pushes me out of the car. 
“AHHHH!” I cry out loud. I land on the ground and roll multiple times. I just lay there with my mind still frozen. I lift my head up and I see none of him in sight. My mind registers. He is letting himself jump with the car off the cliff. After a while I see him jump before the car hits the barrier. It flips over and falls off the cliff. I lay my head on the road not wanting to move. I ladened painfully. Maybe I broke a rib. 
“Khanyisile are you okay?” Manqoba asks. My hearts sighs in relief. At least I see a familiar face. Mkhuleko comes by holding his bleeding arm. I am still in shock, prostrated and numb. Everything doesn't make sense to me. I feel like I am in some kind of voodoo practice. I see their faces getting blurry by the second. I feel my soul sinking deeper into some whole...

NGCOBO

He has been pacing up and down with his heart beating abnormally against his chest. He is expecting the most important call ever.
“I'm sure your business team will pull this through. You have the best team.” MaNgcobo advises. Ngcobo stops pacing and gives his wife a glare which sends shivers down her spine. She knows not to continue ranting. She walks out of the bedroom and closes the door behind her. Ngcobo glances at his phone and takes a deep breath. A call comes through – he wastes no time in swiping to answer. 
“Done.” 
That is all he needs throughout the day. The chess game has begun. This is not a game for a child's play. One man taken out now he must deal with that brother of his that went MIA without a trace. He should dig deep into this Manqoba person. He looks way too reserved a calmed for one person and it sends a message across. He is the one that sent Dumisa to the hospital. Later we were told that he was sent to a better facility but within that facility he never arrived. When Manqoba left he did some digging up and he was not able to find anything other than him just being a security guard. That alarms him a lot – he drives an expensive car. He thinks for a second, maybe if he could ask Khanyisile for some details about him. He knows that she will spill the beans and she is a person that never really pays attention to anything. A small smiles creeps on his face. Now that Mkhuleko is dead and out of the picture he needs to deal with this one. He sits on the couch and tries Khanyi’s number – it is taking him straight to voicemail. She must be busy though. Come to think of it. He doesn’t really know where his daughter is. Is she safe wherever she is? He feels a heartbeat and takes a deep breath. He doesn’t want to think the worst. He stands up and walks out of the room to go look for MaNgcobo. He finds her seated on the couch watching television drinking tea. 
“Tell me something. Have you ever tried to get a hold of my daughter?” 
MaNgcobo keeps quite for a bit. She tries to think but her mind is completely stuck. 
“No. I last spoke to her when she left.” 
“And you didn’t even bother to check up on her?” 
“I thought that maybe you did.” She says.  
“And you wonder why God never blessed you with one. Because of this. Your carelessness. Find my daughter safe and sound if not go back home with your rotten womb. Vele it was useless from the beginning.” He huffs and walks out leaving her stunned and swimming in her own pool of tears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

677 12 10
hi hi. 𝘒 𝘧𝘒𝘯𝘧π˜ͺ𝘀, π˜₯𝘢𝘩?- 𝘸𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 -𝕕𝕠 π•Ÿπ• π•₯ 𝕔𝕠𝕑π•ͺ 𝕠𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕑𝕠𝕀π•₯ π•žπ•ͺ π••π•’π•žπ•Ÿ π•¨π• π•£π•œπ•€ -π•š π•₯π•’π•œπ•– 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕖𝕀π•₯𝕀 𝕀�...
2 0 1
thsisnsbjsjss
2.6K 42 33