Khizaan

By Ufaq_I

#3 in India (10/10/23) β€’β€’β€’ "Listen to me, Do not expect anything from me or this marriage. I only married yo... More

πΎπ’‰π‘–π‘§π‘Žπ‘Žπ‘›
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Important Note (do not skip)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Note

Chapter 4

5.9K 333 62
By Ufaq_I

Kubra and Zara were getting ready in Kubra's room when Rafey knocked on the door.

"Kubra!"

"Ajao, Rafey." Kubra was applying eyeliner on Zara.

(Come in, Rafey.)

Getting in, he looked at both Kubra and Zara and commented. "Achhi lag rahi ho dono."

(You both look beautiful.)

Kubra was wearing mustard color plain anarkali with heavy sequins dupatta of same color, which she pair with chandelier earrings and heels, with make up she was subtle. While Zara was wearing chikankari embroidered kurta palazzo with fluid chiffon dupatta. She was wearing heavy jhumka and khussas. Both were indeed looking beautiful.

Kubra passed him a shy smile on his compliment, but Zara was more interested in the gajra in his hands.

"Yeh gajre kiske liye hain? Tum pehenne wale ho?" She jokenly asked.

(What's this bracelets are for? Are you gonna wear them?)

Kubra also looked at sunflower garland bracelet in his hand but later scoffed at Zara for her poor attempt of joke.

"Nahi woh yeh Kubra..."

(No, I wanted to ask Kubra if...)

"Kubra ke liye hai?" Before Rafey could complete his sentence, Zara asked, shockingly. This startled Kubra as she looked at Rafey for answer.

(These are for Kubra?)

"Nahi. yeh Uswa ke liye hai. Sunflowers Uswa ke favourite hain, uske insta pe dekha tha maine." With a shy smile, Rafey answered her.

(No, these are for Uswa. Sunflowers are her favourite, I saw it on her instagram.)

Rafey was answering to Zara, with glowing eyes and Kubra's heart sank, for a moment, she believed Zara and thought he bought gajra for her. Why would he even buy gajre for me? She scolded herself.

"Toh fir yaha kya kar rahe ho? Best wishes lene aye ho? All the best." Zara wished him with a sweet smile which didn't match with her eyes.

(Then why are you here? For best wishes? All the best.)

"Nahi main soch raha tha agar Kubra yeh Uswa ko de de meri taraf se..."

(No, I wanted to ask Kubra if she can give it to Uswa from me...)

This caught Kubra by surprise, as she looked at Rafey with expanded eyes.

"Aur Kubra bhala aisa kyu karegi?"

(And why would Kubra do that?)

"Rafey, tum khud kyu nahi de dete Uswa ko gajre? I am sure she will love it." Rafey and Zara seems to argue on something which Kubra didn't hear, she decided to interrupt them.

(Rafey, why don't you give it to her?)

"De deta agar woh mujhse itna bhagti na. Main niche kadam nahi rakhta ki woh apne kamre mein chup jati hai." Huffing, Rafey complained to her.

(I would have but she always run away from me.)

"Ignore hona sucks." Zara mumbles, sarcastically.

(Being ignored sucks.)

"Huh?" Rafey didn't catch what she said and asked.

Kubra shook her head. "Dekho uska sharmana wajib hai koi bhi ladki sharmayegi. Lekin iska yeh matlab nahi tum ussey baat karne ki koshish hi na karo. Try befriend her first and make her comfortable with your presence. Puri zindagi thori bhagegi woh tumse. Bas ghabrati hai. Tum koshish karo ussey khud baat karne ki, aur yeh gajre bhi khud de do." She advised.

(See, she will obviously shy away from you, any girl in her place would behave like this. But that doesn't mean you won't even try talking to her. Try befriend her, make her comfortable with your presence. She can not run away from you all life, she is just shy. You try to talk to her. And give her the bracelet by yourself.)

"Tum kehti ho toh theek hai." Rafey got a little confidence from Kubra's words, maybe she is right, he have to make efforts, and it can't be that hard right?

(If you say so.)

"Eh, lekin kahu kya ussey?" Before leaving, he asked.

(But what should I say to her?)

"Gana ga dena, tohfa tohfa tohfa, laya laya laya." Zara said, rolling her eyes.

"Zara!" Kubra looked at her disapprovingly. "Kehna yeh tum uske liye leke aye ho tumhe achha lagega agar woh isko pehnegi." Kubra's voice turned soft when she was talking to Rafey.

(Tell her that you bought it for her, and you will be happy if she wear it.)

"Okay! Thank you." Nodding his head, he happily left her room.

"Kya tareeqa hai, Zara? Tum ussey itna rude kyu rehti ho?" Kubra scolded her when Rafey left.

(What it is this behaviour, Zara? Why are you so rude to him?)

"Tum ussey itna un-rude kyu rehti ho?" Zara retorted.

(Why are you so un-rude to him?)

•••

Rafey made his way downstairs, and to his luck he found Uswa in living room, she was sitting alone in the corner of the room, looking around as if waiting for someone and also softly pressing her hand on her left foot. As Rafey looked at her feet, he saw it was red as if she has burned herself there. Before he could go to her and ask what happened, Hyra came to Uswa with ointment. Both girls were not ready for the function yet, both of them wearing their home attire.

"Lao paov lao apna, dawai laga doon. Tum bhi pata nahi kaha jal gayi." Sitting down beside Uswa, Hyra told her.

(Let me apply ointment to your feet, how did you got burn,)

"Aram se, Hyra, bohot takleef ho rahi hai..." Innocently, Uswa mumbles and showed her foot where she burned herself. Her eyes brimming with tears as Hyra applied ointment, she hissed.

(Please, be gentle, Hyra, it's hurting...)

"Takleef toh hogi na, pura pateela garam pani tumne apne uppar giraya hai."

(Of course it's hurting, you have dropped hot water on yourself.)

"Jaan ke toh nahi giraya na, pata nahi kaise mere hath se gir gaya woh." Uswa defended herself.

(I didn't dropped it intentionally. I don't know how it slipped from my hands.)

Both Uswa and Hyra were unaware of Rafey's eyes on them.

Why do they have to be together all the time? Rafey wondered.

Disheartened he was about to leave, maybe he will talk to her in function, if Hyra and her would be away from each other.

"Rafey?" Before he could leave, Hayder called him.

"Ji, bhai?" Turning to him, Rafey hide the gajra behind him and asked.

(Yes?)

"Kubra ko dekha hai? Ussey kaho mere aur Dawar ke liye chai bana de." Hayder told Rafey and left, didn't wait for his answer.

(Have you seen Kubra? Tell her to make tea for me and Dawar.)

"Ab Kubra ko bulane jau..." Rafey tch, and was about to turn when his eyes gleamed. He got an idea.

"Hyra!" Going to them, he called Hyra, Uswa, who was sitting with Hyra, was more effected by his call, as once again she was about to stand up and leave, and she did, only to hiss in pain as her feet burned. Rafey instantly took a step forward afraid that she would fall but Hyra already made Uswa sit down.

"Kya ho gaya hai, Uswa, aram se baitho." Hyra scolded her. "Ji, Rafey bhai?" Then she turned to Rafey.

(What's wrong with you, Uswa, sit down.)
(Yes, Rafey bhai?)

"Tumhe Hayder bhai bula rahe hain."

(Hayder bhai is calling you.)

Hyra and Uswa shared a look. Hyra probably asking her what she did this time, and Uswa refused any of her mischief.

"Maine toh kuch bhi nahi kiya." Hyra quickly defended herself.

(But I didn't do anything.)

"Tumhe datne ke liye nahi bula rahe hain. Unke aur Dawar bhai ke liye chai bana do." Rafey told her.

(He is not calling you to scold you, make tea for him and Dawar bhai.)

"Oh! Achha." Hyra's shoulders relaxed. That was not a big deal.

"Main chai bana deti hoon." Nodding happily, she stood up.

(I will make tea.)

"Main bhi chalti hoon." Uswa was also about to stand up.

(I will also come.)

"Nahi rehne do, abhi kitchen mein gayi toh paov jala liya hai, ab gayi toh pata nahi kya karogi, please, function tak sahi salamat reh lo." Hyra refused her and left.

(Don't. Earlier when you went to kitchen you burned your foot, what if you will get hurt again. Please, be safe till function.)

Rafey quickly sat on the side where Hyra was sitting earlier, making Uswa's eyes widened, as if it would come out from her socket. Rafey never called her before when he was in Australia, never demanded to talk to her since he came, never came in the same area if she was there, and she liked it this way. Now why did he sit so closely by her side?

"Zyada jal gaya hai dikhana." He asked her about her foot, concerned. "Dawai toh puri saaf ho gayi, idhar lao main laga doon." Uswa has smudged the ointment on sofa.

(Show me how much you've burned your foot.)
(You have completely wiped off the medicine, let me re-apply it.)

"Nahi! theek hai..." Uswa quickly moves her foot away from him when saw he has picked ointment tube.

(No! It's fine...)

Her screeched made Rafey almost jumped.

•••

Hyra made tea for both Dawar and Hayder, she was going to lawn where they were. Dawar was coming in already, talking to someone on his phone.

"Yeh mere liye hai?" He asked Hyra, pointing at tea. Since a long time he was craving tea, but no one was free to make it for him.

(This is for me?)

"Ji!" She nods her head.

(Yes!)

Thanking her, Dawar picked a cup and left.

Sulking, Hyra went to lawn to give Hayder tea. She thought Dawar would be with him so it won't be a hard task to give him tea, but now that he is alone, what if he will scold her?

Her eyes widened in fear, but then she told herself that she didn't do anything wrong, he won't scold her just by her sight.

Hayder was sitting in gazebo, talking to someone on his phone, telling them the address of their house.

"Hayder bhai!" Calling him, Hyra put the tray on table and point him to take it. She didn't wait for long and slowly started leaving, but Hayder called her.

"Suno!"

(Listen!)

•••

"If you are not comfortable by my presence then I will leave." Rafey suggested. Hoping for her to say anything. Maybe leave would also do, but at least she would say something.

He has always saw her running around the lawn with Hyra and Sami, talking loudly to everyone, since guest started coming, there wasn't a single person with whom she doesn't get along, everyone except him, she becomes mum as soon as he enters the room, and it bothers him. Just like right now, she keep sitting there silently, looking at the floor.

Taking a defeated sigh out, he was about to left when he heard a meek voice.

"No." Uswa slowly said. "It's not like that."

"Then what it's like?" Turning to her, he questioned.

"Woh..." Raising her head, she looked directly into his eyes. "Mummy ne kaha hai apke samne zyada baat na karne ko, proper behave karne ko. Aur mujhe nahi pata iska kya matlab hai. Proper behave? I behave proper. Main konsa bandaro ki tarah idhar udhar kudti hoon, but fir bhi mummy ko lagta hai jab bolti hoon faltu bolti hoon kehti hain chup raha karo warna jo rishta bhai ki mohabbat mein tay hua hai meri harkat ki wajah se toot jayega, mujhe unse daat sunna nahi pasand isliye main chup rehti hoon." She said everything in one breath.

And to her surprise, Rafey burst into laughing.

•••

"Suno!"

(Listen?)

Ab kya hua? Hyra wondered as she turned back, Hayder has disconnected the call, he asked. "Yeh kya hai?"

(What's this?)

"Eh... chai?" Hyra answered, as if it was the most obvious thing.

"Tumhe maloom nahi main beena shakkar ke chai peeta hoon?" Hayder raised his eyebrow.

(Don't you know I don't take sugar in my tea?)

"Beena shakkar ke hi hai."

(It's without sugar.)

"Achha toh main jhoot bol raha hoon? Ya shakkar meri zuban pe hai?" Hayder asked.

(So I am lying? Or do I have sugar on my tongue?)

"But, maine beena shakkar ke hi banayi thi." Hyra took few steps forward, snatching the cup from his hand, she sipped it. Shocking Hayder, his mouth fell open.

(But, I made your tea without sugar.)

When Hyra took the sip, she realised it was indeed sweet. "Eh, shayad Dawar bhai ne apki chai le li." This was the conclusion she came at.

(Maybe Dawar bhai took your tea.)

While Hayder was still looking at the cup in her hands. Hyra followed his gaze and looked at the cup.

A loud gasp left her mouth, she snatched the cup from his hand. If he wasn't going to scold her for putting sugar in his tea, he will now.

"I am sorry, main toh bas check kar rahi thi main dusri banake lati hoon." Hyra didn't give him a chance to say a word, saying everything in one breath, she ran away. Not bothering to take the him from table, while she was still holding tea cup.

(I am sorry, I was just checking, I will make another one for you.)

Hayder looked at her until she was put of his sight. His craving for tea has died down, he was about to tell her to not to make another cup for him, but she didn't listen. He shook his head pagal hai. He thought.

Meanwhile Dawar, who was suffering from headache and only a good cup of tea can cure it, thought tea taste bitter, then realised everyone is feeding him sweet since morning, maybe that's why tea doesn't taste sweet, and drank it anyway.

•••

"Tum khud kyu nahi baat karte bade papa se?" In a whisper, Hayder asked to Dawar. The faint sound of dholak and singing was coming from lounge room. Though haldi function ended very late, but no one seems to be tired, everyone was energetic, having tea and snacks and singing wedding songs. And no elders scolded them either.

Hayder and Dawar were going to Asim's study room, he has called them to talk about baraat function.

(Why don't you talk to your father?)

"Dekho, main dulha hoon, main bolta hua achha nahi lagunga." Dawar whispered back. He has just taken a shower, but still there was stain of haldi on his face.

(Look, I am the groom, It won't suit me to talk to him about this.)

"Main bolta hua achha lagunga?"

(And it will suit me?)

"Yaar tumhari baat papa kabhi mana nahi karte. Aur konsa tumhe kuch Haram karne ko keh raha hoon? Bas chota sa toh kaam hai." They have reached study room, standing beside the door, they argued.

(Dude, it's just a small thing I am asking you to do. Papa never refused you for anything. And I am not telling you to commit a crime.)

"Haan lekin tum yeh kisi aur se bhi keh sakte ho. Uswa ya Hyra se keh do. Hyra ki baat bhi koi mana nahi karta ussey keh do."

(But you can ask someone else to do so. Why don't you ask Uswa or Hyra? No one refuses Hyra for anything.)

"Arey yaar woh bachhi hai ussey koi serious nahi lega. Tum bhai ke liye itna nahi kar sakte." Dawar made an innocent face.

(She is a kid, no one will take her seriously. Can't you do this for your brother?)

"Kehna kya hai?" Hayder gave up, not because of Dawar's failed attempt of being innocent, but because he knows Dawar will bug him until he gets what he wants.

(What do I have to say.)

"Kuch bhi. Jo samajh mein aye." Smiling, Dawar told him.

(Anything, whatever you want to say.)

"Aur sabka puchna zaroori hai? Tum aur bhabhi akele jao."

(Do I have to ask about everyone? You and bhabhi should go alone.)

"Akele hume koi nahi jane dega. Sabka puchna."

(No one will allow us to go alone. Ask about everyone.)

"Dawar! Hayder?" Asim Mirza heard hushed voices and called him.

"All the best." Slapping Hayder's back, Dawar pushed him inside, and entered after him.

•••

"Aur, Hayder, dhyan rahe baratiyo ko koi shikayat na ho. Sharik bhai ki family ki liye toh alag car honi chahiye." Asim Mirza told Hayder. They were talking about the transportation of the baraat.

(And, Hayder, make sure no one from barat have any complaints. Sharik bhai's should have a car for themselves.)

"Ji, bade papa." Hayder nods his head.

(Okay, bade papa.)

"Lekin, Sharik fuppa ki family mein toh 3 hi log hain. Khalu ko unke sath baitha dete hain waise bhi khalu akele aye hain, company mil jayegi unhe." Dawar suggested.

(But, they are only 3 people, why don't we put Afzal uncle in their car too? He came for the function alone, he will get a company.)

"Bilkul bhi nahi. Sochna bhi mat. Tumhare fuppa aur khalu dono naraz ho jayenge. Afzal mere sath baith jayega Hayder ki car mein."

(Don't even think of it. Both Sharik bhai and Afzal will get offend. Afzal will sit with me in Hayder's car.)

Dawar nods his head, he better not say anything. His parents only took his opinion for sherwani shopping. For every little thing, they turn to Hayder.

"Waise, Ibtisham chachu nahi arahe hain?" Suddenly, Dawar asked.

(Ibtisham chachu is not coming for the wedding?)

"Nahi, woh nahi araha hai. Haan Tabu shayad ajaye walima se pehle." Shaking his head, Asim told him. Asim Mirza wanted Ibtisham to come, after all he was the only living brother he had, but Ibtisham's work didn't allow him. At least Rafey came.

(No, he won't able to come. But Tabu will come before reception.)

"Aur Minal bua?" Dawar looked at Hayder and asked.

(And aunt Minal?)

Hayder, who was as clueless as him, shrugged his shoulders,

"Minal kal arahi hai. Baat hui hai ussey meri." Telling him this, Asim took his pocket watch out to see the time. "Kafi late ho gaya hai, chalo tum log jao so jao, baki ka toh mujhe yakeen hai Hayder tum sambhal loge."

(Minal is coming tomorrow, I talked to her.)

(It's getting late, you both should go to bed now. I know Hayder will handle everything.)

"Ji, bade papa, aap fikar na kare." Saying this, Hayder was about to stand up, but Dawar nudged him. When Hayder looked at him with raised eyebrows, Dawar points at Asim Mirza, reminding him that he is forgetting something.

(Yes, bade papa, don't worry.)

"Kya hua?" Asim saw the silent interaction between them and asked.

(What happened?)

"Bade papa, woh..." Hayder started saying, but didn't know what to say.

(Bade papa, I...)

"Haan?"

(Yes?)

"Woh main kya soch raha tha, baraat toh 20 ko hai, aur Walima 22 ko, toh 21 ko toh sab free rahenge." Scratching his head, He started talking, lamely.

(I was thinking baraat is on 20th October, then walima is on 22nd, everyone will be free on 22st.)

"Free kaha rahenge, walima ka sara kaam dekhna hoga, mana wedding planner sab theek karenge par sab unhi ke bharose toh nahi chorh sakte na."

(No one will be free, we have to prepare for walima. I know wedding planner will do their work properly, but we can not leave everything to them.)

"Yeh bhi hai." Hayder didn't want to persuade the conversation, but when he looked Dawar, he once again tried. "Bade papa, woh... itna rush hai ghar mein, bhabhi ki munh dikhayi toh 22 ko hogi toh main kya soch raha tha hum sab 21 ko farm house chale jaye."

(That's right.)

(Bade papa, I was thinking no one will be allowed to see Laraib's face till walima, and there will be too much crowd here, she will feel suffocate. I thought it will be good if we all go to farm house on 21st October.)

"Farm house?" Asim looked at Hayder, then at Dawar. "Theek hai, tum bachhe log chale jana, enjoy karna. Laraib ko bhi achha lagega."

(Farm house?)

"Yeah, you kids can go. Laraib will like it too.)

•••

"Kya? Sachhi? Hum farm house ja rahe hain? Arey wah." Uswa become excited like a kid on sugar rush when heard about Hayder and Dawar's plan.

(What? Really? We are going to farm house? Wow.)

"Kitna maza ayega. Hum kitne time baad jayenge na." Hyra was equally happy.

(We are going there after so many years.)

•••

Ufff, finally my mind stopped being stubborn and decided to write something.

Yaar, kasam se itne waqt se itna sab ho raha hai ki... don't ask. It's just everything was so overwhelming that I couldn't get my mind to work. (Waise yeh sab itna matter rakhta nahi so let it be...)

How's the chapter?

-Ufaq

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 14.2K 39
_COMPLETED_ #1 in HATE Series Cover credit :- @Khizra_creationz **Warning:- THIS BOOK IS IN HINDI AND ENGLISH AND TILL NOW I HAVEN'T EDITED IT, SO IF...
979K 63.1K 98
Highest Rank #1 in Pakistan #7 in India #2 in Teenage Ex - Euphoria Ishq agar yunhi mukkammal ho Jaye Toh chahat kis baat ki rahegi * In the heart...
459K 16.8K 36
Ever wonder how your supposed best day of life will turn into a lifelong nightmare. Two people, two different worlds yet bound by the same emotion, "...