rag doll | TWD

By Ann_and_Nikki

"rag doll, livin' in a movie hot tramp, daddy's little cutie you're so fine, they'll never see ya leavin' by... More

[introduction]
[cast]
[playlist]
[1] the rag dolls
[2] a fourteenth street hooker
[3] cherokee rose
[4] chupacabra
[5] secrets
[6] pretty much dead already
[7] nebraska
[8] triggerfinger
[9] judge, jury, executioner
[10] better angels
[11] beside the dying fire
[12] seed
[13] sick
[14] killer within
[15] hounded
[16] when the dead come knocking
[17] made to suffer
[18] the suicide king
[19] home
[20] i ain't a judas
[21] arrow on the doorpost
[22] this sorrowful life
[23] welcome to the tombs
[24] 30 days without an accident
[25] infected
[26] isolation
[27] indifference
[29] too far gone
[30] cryin'
[31] the grove
[32] no sanctuary
[33] strangers
[34] four walls and a roof
[35] self help
[36] crossed
[37] coda
[38] them
[39] the distance
[40] remember
[41] forget
[42] try
[43] conquer
[44] first time again
[45] jss
[46] now
[47] heads up
[48] start to finish
[49] no way out
[50] the next world
[51] knots untie
[52] not tomorrow yet
[53] the same boat
[54] twice as far
[55] east
[56] last day on earth
[57] the day will come when you won't be
[58] the cell
[59] service
[60] sing me a song
[61] hearts still beating
[62] hostiles and calamities
[63] something they need
[64] the first day
[65] of the rest of your life
[66] confirmation
[67] the king, the widow and rick
[68] time for after
[69] how it's gotta be
[70] honor

[28] internment

668 29 1
By Ann_and_Nikki

more than a feeling --- boston

♮♮♮
[JJ]

People were getting worse by the hour. Sasha, Glenn and I were trying to assist Hershel in intubating Henry. Straight out of Grey's Anatomy. "Drink some of that. All three of you." Hershel told us. We passed the cup between the three of us. "Some council meeting, huh?"

"We're two members short." Sasha commented. 

Hershel kept squeezing the intubation bag, "I think we should make some new rules before they get back. I hereby declare we have spaghetti Tuesdays every Wednesday." He smiled widely. It was in his best efforts to make us feel better. "First we have to find some spaghetti." Hershel looked to me, "You okay to take over?" I nodded, taking the bag in my hands. "Every five to six seconds, squeeze."

"I know. Maggie and I used to watch Grey's Anatomy between classes."

Hershel half-grinned, "if you start feelin' lightheaded, grab somebody else to take over. We'll take it in shifts. You two wanna help me go on my rounds?"

I stayed behind as the three went to attend to the others who needed it. Being alone, squeezing this bag...gets you in your thoughts. I would catch my head falling forward. It was hard not to doze off.  

"JJ."

I stirred, jolting awake. My vision was blurry, but I saw the outline of someone kneeling next to me. 

"JJ, you're gonna live."

I coughed, "Rick?"

"Come on, now. You know it's me."

"Oh, my God." I leaned my head back against the wall. "I'm hallucinating." I sat back up, "Wait, am I dead?"

"No, not quite."

"But you're here."

"Well, I must be on your mind." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "Definitely not."

"Right, it's Daryl instead."

"What?"

"Who's on your mind."

"Fuck you." 

"You gonna tell him?"

"Are we sure I'm not dead?"

Shane chuckled and sat next to me, "You know, never pegged you for the crush-type of girl. I mean, I know you were into me before..."

"Just leave." I cut him off. "Gah, I forgot how much of an annoying shit you were."

"I know you thought you saw me. In Woodbury." He shrugged, "Yeah...feel guilty about what happened?"

"Hell no." I squinted. "I don't know why that happened."

"I do. That's when you got your little crush...and that reminded you of your last one- me."

I scoffed, "please."

"Well, have a better reason?"

"Yeah, I was out of it. Like I am now. Will you just go away?"

"Why? The fun's just starting." Shane looked up. 

"Oh, great. Daryl's here." I laughed sarcastically. "In my fever dream."

"Of course he's here. He brought me here."

"You brought him here? To my fever dream?" I looked from Daryl to Shane. 

Daryl nodded, "yeah, said you had something to say."

"She does."

"Thank God this is a hallucination."

"I don't-"

"I can take over." Glenn stumbled in, bringing me out of my trance and taking the bag. "Hershel talked to Maggie. I can't have her seeing me like this." He leaned against the wall, sitting where I had hallucinated Shane.

"What's gonna happen to us?" I looked to him, my glassy-eyed eyes burning with every blink. "Daryl and Michonne...they're not back. What if-"

"They're dead? Come on, it's Daryl-" Glenn broke into a coughing fit, "They're coming back."

"Will it be too late, though?"

Glenn sighed, "The fever- has it been messing with your mind?" I looked to him, confused. "Every time I close my eyes, I see Maggie rushing in here. I can't tell if it's real or...if I'm hallucinating."

I nodded, "I saw Shane...and Daryl. I'm pretty sure they fist bumped, so I know I was out of it."

"Well," Glenn looked over, "and the fact, Shane's dead."

I shrugged, "That too."

We heard commotion coming from downstairs. I used the wall to brace myself to stand, leaning against the door frame. We'd lost another one. Hershel and Sasha were tending to him. 

"Everyone, go back in your cells. Go on." Hershel told the people looking down at the man choking on his own blood. 

"Another died?" Glenn looked up from the ground. 

I nodded, "If they don't hurry with that medicine...that could be us."

"You're just a real ray of sunshine, JJ. You know that?"

"What can I say? I like to look on the bright side of things."

♮♮♮
[POV]

Sasha had taken over from Glenn upstairs. JJ was helping someone downstairs when a sense of immense drowsiness and unsteadiness overtook her. When Hershel came back from speaking with Rick, the first thing he noticed was JJ's boots lying next to the cell. 

Hershel quickly checked her pulse, "Come on, JJ. You know how to fight." He took out an IV, "Just hold on. Don't give up on me. Just hold on."

JJ soon regained consciousness and looked up to Hershel. "Welcome back." He half-heartedly smiled. 

"I passed out?"

"You were dehydrated. Being a hero takes a lot out of you."

"You should know." JJ breathed heavily, "I thought you were so stupid coming in here, Mr. G. Thought you'd end up gone on your first day."

"I can't tell if that's a compliment or not."

"I don't know what I'm saying. I must have hit my head...or it's another fever dream." She weakly smiled, "But I don't think I'd be here right now if you weren't for your stupidity of coming in here."

Hershel laughed, "You know what? I'm gonna take that as a compliment, JJ."

"You should. You're the strongest old man I know. You've been more of a father to me than my old man ever was."

"Now, I'll really take that as a compliment."

Hershel went around, shutting the cell doors as a precaution. Then, things went to shit. 

The ones who had died, had turned. The ones who were able, helped where they could. 

JJ heard Lizzie scream, which caused her to stir awake. She slowly sat up, noticing that shit had hit the fan. She ripped out her IV and stumbled as fast as she could up the stairs, throwing Henry over the edge, who she'd so desperately tried to keep alive, before he could get to Lizzie. 

JJ knelt in front of her, checking her for bite marks, "you okay?"

"I called him nicely. He didn't scratch Glenn. I thought maybe he listens."

"Where is Glenn?" 

"In his cell." 

JJ nodded, "stay put in here. I'll be back." She went over to Glenn's cell, not sure what to do, "Hershel!"

He hobbled to the cell, "Caleb had guns. You stay here with Glenn. I'll do something."

Hershel wrestled Henry for the bag as Maggie rushed in. 

"He's turning blue! Hurry!" JJ held his head up. 

"Glenn." Maggie breathed nervously from the top of the stairs. 

"I'm coming." Hershel hurried over to the cell, intubating Glenn. 

His airways sounded clearer already. 

Lizzie came up to JJ, who looked up at the young girl, "Thought I told you to stay put."

"Is it over?"

"I sure hope so."

"JJ!" Rick shouted, seeing his sister at the top of the stairs. "You all right?"

"Never better."

"Come on, let's get you to a cell." Rick helped JJ to one of the cots. He sat next to her on the ground. "They're back. With the medicine."

"The whole group?"

Rick smiled, nodding, "the whole group."

Bob came to JJ's cell with an IV. It wasn't long before she was out cold. 

"She good?" Daryl stood leaning against the cell's frame.

Rick looked over to JJ, who was sound asleep, "I think she will be." He looked back to Daryl. "Heard what you did for her earlier."

"Nothing you wouldn't've done."

"Still. Thank you."

Daryl nodded. 

"Rick?" Someone from outside the cell called. 

Daryl noticed his hesitancy to leave JJ. "Go on. She'll be all right."

Rick, still hesitating, looked to JJ, "Can you stay here? Just till I get back?"

Daryl shrugged and nodded for an answer. 

Rick stood up, going about his business as Daryl sat in his spot.

JJ breathed deeply, "Man, you've got to be the ugliest nurse I've had."

Daryl huffed, "shut up."

"Glad you're okay."

He half-smiled back, "Can say the same about you."

JJ smirked, "don't go actin' like you care now."

"Mm," Daryl mumbled, "What if I do?"

"Well, guess it wouldn't worst thing."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 76 8
𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐱𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬. �...
1K 64 13
[𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔡] ‧₊˚ ⋅* ‧₊ 𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝‧₊˚ ⋅* ‧₊ [𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚕 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚖...
22.7K 671 30
𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥...
212K 7K 65
𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐦. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞�...