Less Dead | Enid Sinclair

By ism0ke222

Ezra Marshall was still grieving the death of her older brother Elliot... As she gets into Nevermore to live... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
AUTHOR'S NOTE (well wholeass chapter)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 17
a little message
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - ⚠️SMUT⚠️
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25 - ⚠️SMUT⚠️
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - FINAL CHAPTER
Epilogue

Chapter 24

723 27 6
By ism0ke222

Enid's POV:

I woke up with a pounding headache. Ezra was sleeping soundly beside me. The last thing I remembered was her telling me how much she loves me and how much I mean to her. I also have a clear memory of her saying that she didn't mean what she said. Also something about... Mind control? I was perplexed. Who could control her mind and make her say these God awful words?

I sighed and looked at her. Her hair was on her face, hiding it. I snickered and softly brushed it away to have a better look at her.

My gorgeous baby... I stroked her face as softly as I could, running the tip of my fingers against her cheekbones and jawline. I smiled then leaned in and kissed her forehead and cheeks before laying on her chest again, listening to the sound of heart. It was comforting.

I felt her stir underneath me so I lifted my head off her chest. Her eyes slowly opened. She gave me a small smile.

"Good morning." She said groggily.

I grinned back. "Hey you."

"I missed you." She mumbled, looking away as if she was ashamed.

I felt my insides twist up seeing her so sad. I took a deep breath. "Let's shower and talk about everything."

She nodded her head, getting out bed. I grabbed her hand. Her head whipped in my direction as if my touch set her skin on fire. "I missed you too." I admitted. She finally gave me a proper smile. She quickly kissed my forehead and went to the bathroom to shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon enough, we were both done. We sat down on the balcony. It was a chilly Saturday morning so we grabbed some blankets and wore sweaters (technically I wore Ezra's hoodie).

We looked at the view in front of us. The forest, some students down at the quad, werewolves playing fetch... The typical.

I looked at her. Her jaw was clenched and she was fumbling with her fingers nervously. Her eyes were fixated somewhere else, to be more precise, anywhere except me.

I scooted closer and put my hand on top of hers. She jumped in surprise. I giggled.

"Your reactions remind me of when we first started being touchy." I smirked.

She blushed. "Somehow this feels like the first time."

I chuckled. "Because you messed up big time?"

"Maybe..." She admitted sheepishly.

I laid my head on her shoulder and snuggled closer to her. "We can just stare at the view and cuddle right now. We'll talk in a few."

She nodded her head and stroked my hand. I kissed her shoulder. The silence wasn't heavy, in fact it was relaxing. We stayed in this position for a little while before Ezra shifted so she could face me.

"I was miserable all night long." She mumbled.

"Hmmm..." I hummed, urging her to go on.

"I kept thinking about you. I kept thinking about what had happened. It didn't make sense in my head. In no way, shape or form would I break up with you because of a matter as such. I don't know, it really felt like someone was controlling my mind." She said, her voice dripping with sadness and sorrow. She sounded so confused.

"I believe you." I whispered.

She looked up at me with hopeful, shiny eyes. "You do?"

"Of course, I do. Something weird was happening, you seemed unlike yourself." I muttered thoughtfully.

She nodded her head energetically. "Yes! YES! I would never do that to you, E. Never!"

"I know, baby. I know."

I was deep in my thoughts until she interrupted me. "What are you thinking about?"

My eyes widened. I put two and two together. "Someone stole your obsidian to be able to control your mind, Ezra..."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

I stood up suddenly and she quickly got up on her feet as well. "Get up. We have an experiment to make."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We changed our clothes and went to Jericho, stopping by a crystals and stones store. It sold all kinds of protection crystals, potions and incenses. Not my field of interest but that was the best place for us to find a protection crystal for Ezra in Jericho based on Google. I hope we will find what I had in mind to test out my theory.

And old woman greeted us as soon as we got in. She looked sweet and very wise.

"Hello!" She greeted us. "How can I help you two?"

"Hello, ma'am! Do you have any protection crystals that could be worn as necklaces?" I asked kindly.

"Of course, I do! My latest invention is an invisible chord attached to the crystal to avoid it being stolen." She chirped, going to the back to retrieve it. I raised my eyebrows. That sounded like something Ezra should get.

The old lady came back with a mahogany wooden box. She opened it and showed us a variety of stones. They ranged from colored to black.

She gave us a coy smile. "You two are Nevermore students, right?"

Ezra and I looked at each other then we nodded our heads. She went on.

"Don't panic. I'm one of you. I was a Nevermore student." She winked at us.

"How so? What were your powers?" Ezra asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

She grinned. "I'm a psychic, a Dove, and a mind reader whose specialization is the stones that could induce visions. I've always had a passion for crystals. You two are dating." She added in the end pointing at us.

I looked at Ezra immediately. A pink blush was coating her cheeks. I smiled and held her hand.

"Yes, we are."

She had a knowing smile on her smile. "You came because someone stole her obsidian necklace and is controlling her mind, right?" Her eyes had an unreadable glint.

"P-Precisely..." I stuttered in shock.

She urged us both to come closer. "My dears, someone has been messing with the spirits. It has happened once two years ago. Your brother..." She said to Ezra. "Has fought so vigilantly against the possessed werewolves. He used to be my favorite customer. Your obsidian necklace was from here."

Ezra's hand stiffened in mine. The old lady continued. "The murderer has taken control of a Hyde. They are its master. The Hyde is on a killing spree."

"We've noticed that..." I whispered.

"The Hyde's last victim was Danny Cortez, Sheila Cortez' older brother. He tried to use his powers against it but failed miserably. The Hyde is too powerful. It needs to be stopped by someone far stronger. Like a werewolf."

Ezra perked up. "When I revived my brother's best friend James. He wounded him but not much."

The old lady shook her head. "It would take an Alpha to wound a Hyde."

I looked at Ezra then back again at the psychic. "Before I ask you this question, what's your name?"

She smiled. "My name's Aurora."

"Okay... Are you able to tell if I'm an Alpha, Aurora?" I bit my lip nervously.

"I wish my darling. You haven't wolfed out yet so I can't predict that..." She stated sadly.

I groaned in frustration. She gave me a sympathetic smile. "The day will come when you will."

"Anyway..." I sighed. "Can you help us with the stones."

She nodded her head and showed us a gorgeous amethyst necklace. "While obsidian is a strong protection crystal, amethyst will help her out more to protect herself from evil spirits and will also provide spiritual healing when she needs it the most. Precisely when conjuring a spirit." She explained holding the crystal in her hand. "The necklace is invisible but you can make it visible to one person. Who will it be?"

Ezra looked at me and smiled. "Her." She simply said. I blushed profusely.

Aurora grinned and winked. She gave me the necklace and elaborated that me putting it on will make me the only other person able to see it. So I did. She clapped her hands.

"Come by at any time. You are more than welcome to have coffee with me." She chirped. "The necklace is a gift from me. Any other stone or crystal you might need for protection or other purposes, pass by my shop."

We thanked her and as we were about to go out, she grabbed my arm. "My sweet Enid, stay close to your partner. She is fragile but acts tough. However the love she carries for you in her little stone heart is beyond measures." She murmured softly in my ear.

I gulped and nodded. When we left, Ezra grabbed my arm. "Are you okay? Your face is red."

"It's nothing. Aurora told me something sweet, that's it." I chuckled.

She smiled and put her arm around my shoulders. We walked back to Nevermore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we were walking down the halls of Nevermore, Gary caught up to us. I tensed up. Ezra gave my hand a comforting squeeze and turned to him with a hard look in her eyes.

"Hey you!" He said with a big smile. "Is this yours?"

In his hand was Ezra's obsidian necklace. Our eyes widened. "Where did you find it?" Ezra asked quickly.

"It was on the floor around here. I took it, cleansed it with salt water and I was waiting to see you to give it back to you." He explained, his voice as gentle and as smooth as honey.

"Well... Thanks? I guess?" Ezra mumbled in confusion.

"No worries. I'll see you around!" He chirped happily before leaving us dumbfounded.

I was as confused as ever. Was he that manipulative? Or was it just not him who took it?

"Do you think it was him?" I questioned.

Her eyebrows were furrowed. "I have no clue..."

We didn't even get to do our experiment. Gary left us astonished as he usually does. And not in the way you would hope to be surprised...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have nothing to say honestly. 

What are your opinions about Gary? Make sure to tell me in the comments section:)

Have a good day/evening puppies <3

~M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 135 7
When Wednesday visits Enid in her hometown over break she sees a whole new side to her friend. She's acting irrationally, can't seem to stop glaring...
145K 4K 126
⚠️DISCONTINUED - IMPROVED STORY ON MY PAGE OUT NOW⚠️ Wednesday and Enid start to have feelings for one another, feelings that they know aren't going...
21.3K 834 24
Part 1 of my series The Galaxies Align for Our Love Enid is reluctant to head back home over break due to her mother until Wednesday springs a brilli...
71K 1.8K 15
"Out of the billions of people in this world, I'm being married to a werewolf?" Wednesday threw daggers at her parents, physically and staringly. "Ye...