blackout ➺ ninjago ➺

By ollieey

[discontinued] ew don't read this please spare yourself 2023 being rewritten, same as paradise 'we met at t... More

intro
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 8: Maroon
Chapter 9: The Noxus
Chapter 10: Pizza?
Chapter 11: Movie Night
New art!
Chapter 12: Behind you
Chapter 13: 🍃Actions come with consequences 🍂
chapter 14: project green
chapter 15: excalibur
chapter 16: ethereal
chapter 17

Chapter 7: Not the Cake!

124 9 3
By ollieey

Warning: tiny bit of fighting/violence, blood

Note: If you find any spelling/ grammar errors, let me know so I can fix them!

—————————

(Cole POV)
- - - - - - - - -
-(Year 2022 of December | a few weeks before the snowstorm |)-

Ahhhh, what a nice and sunny day! I think it's a perfect day for some chocolate cake!

I hop up from my bed and breathe in deeply.
It's finally my day off from stupid ninja duties!
I take a nice long stretch, relieving my tightened muscles.

I walk over to the bathroom and I look in the mirror, flex, and then kiss my bicep.
Dang, Cole. You're hot. It's a wonder how you don't have a girlfriend.

I shower then blow dry my hair. I pick up my cologne and spray a ton on, waving the bottle sporadically.
I look at myself again in the mirror and style my hair.
Wow, lookin good Cole, almost as good as cake....
Mmmm it's cake time now!

I walk down the hall passing Jay, who has a smirk on his face, and is giggling.
I give him a nasty look.
Anyways, I walk into the kitchen, and head over to the fridge.
"Chocolate cake, here I come!"
When I open the fridge, nothing but an empty platter with chocolate smears are on it.
"Jay!!!!!"
I run down the hall again, straight to Jays room.
He's laying there on his bed with a smug face.
I wanna punch his face sooooo bad.
"Jay why did you eat my cake?" I said in a serious and deep tone.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jay sarcastically said.

That set me off. I run over to Jay's bed and grab the collar of his shirt.
"That was my cake!"

"What? I thought it was Zane's???!!" Jay shrugged.

"It had my name on it!!!"

"Oops! My bad." Jay said with another smug look on his face.

"I swear Jay.. Next time I see you even near one of my cakes.. no... Next time you even look at one of them, I will drop kick you to the moon."

Nya enters the room right as I said that.
Good! I hope she realizes how bad Jay is.

"What's going on boys?"

"Uh.. nothing Nya! Everything's fine!" Jay said.
Hmph.
"Wait... Nya? You dyed your hair teal?!! You know I don't like that!" He complained.

"We've talked about this Jay. We have to have boundaries sometimes."

I decide to speak up, "Yeah, Jay. Why does it matter?"

"Hey, I like order. No crazy hairstyles. You know what? Never mind. Forget I said anything at all." Jay said back.

At that note... I have a great idea! I have to tell the others!

——-

"Okay guys, listen up. I have a plan on how to get revenge on Jay!"

"Revenge?" Zane asked.

"Yeah, revenge Zane. Didn't you listen to my whole story on how he stole my chocolate cake, only to judge Nya on her hairstyle?" I said, "Okay, never mind. Let me get to the point."
"We will all be dying our hair crazy colors! Kai, you'll dye yours bright red, Lloyd yours will be neon green, mine will be rainbow colors, and Zane- ... Well.. you can put stickers all over your hair since you can't really- uh - dye it."

Lloyd spoke up, "Uh- I'm not sure if-"

"No! No questions! We're doing this! For Nya!" I yelled.

With that, we all dyed our hair, and for Zane, put stickers on.

———

Master Wu was the first one to see us. He simply just gave us all a glare and said, "This better be over by training tomorrow."

"Okay guys, we're all gonna toilet paper Jay's room!!" I exclaimed.

"What?" They all said together in unison.

"Just come on," I said as I grabbed out 20 rolls of toilet paper. "We don't have much time before Jay gets back."

"Hey," Kai said as he ran a hand through his bright red hair, "Doesn't Nya also share this room with Jay? So won't we be ruining her side too? Wait... we're still doing this for Nya right?"

"No! Of course we're still doing this. We'll be careful to not ruin Nya's things." I defended.

We all toilet paper'd the room, except Lloyd, he claimed that he was trying to be a better leader or something, and that he didn't want to be part of something this "heinous" of an act.
Bull crap. We all know he has a certain love for trouble.

——————-

Only I waited behind Jay's sofa in his room, excited to see his reaction. Zane left on a date with Pixal and Kai went to wash out his hair with Lloyd.
At least I got some awesome pictures.
His bedroom light turns on and for some reason he doesn't react to all the toilet paper strung across his room.
Instead, he picked up some briefcase from under his bed.
Wait, where's Nya?
Jay opened the briefcase and pulled something out of it.

I peeked a little further around the sofa to get a better look.
My whole face just dropped at what I saw.

Jay was holding a bag of blood in his hands.
Oh my First Spinjitzu Master, I'm gonna vomit.
Is this even Jay? Has he been like this the whole time I've known him?

Jay then proceeds to drink the blood.
I'm literally shaking at this point, not knowing what to do. Isn't drinking blood supposed to be an Oni thing?

As he finishes, he quickly discards the bag back into the briefcase. As he does so, I see some kind of word on the bag.

Aztec?

What the nin-blooey?
I silently wait in terror with my rainbow hair. I look over again at Jay, who's turned off the light by now, looking at a picture of Nya.
He then starts the pick up the toilet paper that was spread across his room, rounding on the sofa I am behind.
Crap, crap, crap
He sees me.

"Gotcha!!!" I yell in an effort to keep my facade.

"Cole?! What are you doing in my room?.. and why do you have rainbow hair? Is all of this to make me apologize about the whole cake thing?

"My rainbow hair is to show you that I can do whatever I want.. and so can Nya!" I said, "Wait... where's Nya?"

"We broke up due to personal reasons." Jay said, "We both decided it was best to keep some distance between us."

More like distance from your creepy self.
Wait.. maybe she found out what Jay really was and threatened her?

"Anyways I'd like for you to leave now so I can be depressed." He said.

"Uh okay.." I said confused as I walked out to wash my hair out.

————

After that night, I decided I shouldn't say anything because it would only make things worse.
Sometimes I would tell myself that I just imagined it.

But I know for a fact that Jay knows what I saw him do.
I think part of me actually fears the idiot and so I just pretend like nothing happened.

———————

(Present day)

I woke up in a dark and cold cave.
Cave? Wait... no.. a sewer.
I stand up and brush the dust off of myself.

Last thing I remember is eating my strawberry triple decker cake, only to be interrupted by a crash, bang, and then nothing.

My thoughts are interrupted by people talking.
People? In the sewers?
I walk towards the noise, and I see two figures.
It's too dark to see in this place.

As I near closer to the people, I can see that one is a woman; who has green, purple, and black hair. The other person has a messy hairdo and is wearing blue.
Blue gi- Jay
Wait... Maybe she's his next victim. She could be an Aztec! Jay eats the Aztecs!

No, Cole focus. There's been a huge crash, a weird snowstorm, and it's just some random girl that I've never seen before.
I follow them from a distance, trying to hear what they are saying.

"Hey, Lyzzie?"

"Yeah?"

...
"I like your hair. You know the cool colors and braids n' stuff."

"Thanks," The mysterious woman, apparently named Lyzzie says, "I like yours too."

I think back to the time Nya dyed her hair.
Wow! So now he likes colored hair.

- - - - -

"Soo.. I like your Pierce the Veil hoodies! When did you get them?"

Wow, I think she has good taste.

"I got them after I moved out. My mom would never let me get them. She wanted me to wear the stuff she liked."

I continue following them, listening to their conversation.

———————-

"So Jay, how about you tell me about yourself? You and your interesting life as a ninja."

"We'll everything about me is basically on the internet, since I'm pretty famous!" Jay said ecstatically, "I'm 21, the blue ninja, Master of Lightning, best ninja, team leader and all!"

Ha, like you would ever have the gut to lead a team. I muse.

"I have no siblings that I know about, but my team is all I need!"
"There's Master Wu, the old weirdo-wise guy with a beard; Cole, who's 22, the Master of Earth, who is really fat and is the worst ninja-

.

Wait, wait, wait- hold up- How am I fat?! Literally my muscles are the best thing that's ever happened to this pathetic world.

I continue to follow them until they come to a stop to rest.
I decide that I should probably stay awake to see if anything happens.
Like Jay eating her.

After a while I see the girl bolt awake and shortly after, Jay wakes up too.
They get up after a few minutes and start walking.

Eventually I see them climb up a ladder, I'm assuming it's the sewer exit, and they both push up on it, opening us up to the outside world.

After they both go up, I wait a few minutes to follow.

I make it to the surface to see Ninjago City in the distance.
Whatever's going on, the city is definitely the epicenter for it.

Wow, it's stopped snowing! That's surely a miracle, but it's not better than cake.
Mmm cake.
Oh how I wish I was eating a big slice of cake right now.

I near closer to them, listening to their conversation again, making my footsteps in the snow, light.
Crunnnnch
I whip my head up to see if they heard anything.
They're still taking, phew.

-

"Don't get your hopes up blueberry. There's still a huge mysterious object in the middle of the city that we need to fix."

Mysterious object? What?

"Okay then! First things first, we find the other ninja, and then we figure it out from there!"

Oh this is gonna be interesting. Maybe when I get back to the Monastery, I can have a nice, relaxing, and delicious piece of cake.

——————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141 10 8
Aurora and her team find themselves in a peculiar situation. For months, the vigilantes had been struggling to fight against an uncharacteristically...
24 0 4
A rp me and my friend are doing. This story also will most likely have bad language. And maybe mature themes. Idk yet about the last one ( we've stop...
16K 288 43
I will be taking any requests that I may get and will be doing both movie ninjago, series ninjago. That means sensei Garmadon, Lord Garmadon and mov...
4.7K 1K 36
Book One » Shadow Series Two girls, the complete opposite of each other. But even though they're so different, somehow their paths cross when they ar...