Naruto Uzumaki:Archer of Kono...

By AndrewSinclair0

Naruto gets dropped off into the woods by a Shinobi. Left for dead, he finds a family willing to teach archer... More

Lost in the Woods
Missing Child in Konoha!
Training with the New Family
Return to Konoha
New Home and Friends?
Graduation:
Genin Team assigned Final Test
Mitzuki's Demise
Missions and Preparation for the Wave
Land of Waves Part 1 (Nothing is as it seems)
UPDATE
Land of Waves Part 2 (Building Trust)
Land of Waves Training
Land of Waves Final Confrontation
Back to the leaf!
Nominated for the Chunin Exams!
Chunin Exams Part 1
Chunin Exams: Forest of Death
End of the Preliminaries!
Jiriaya the Toad Sage
End of Fate Beginning of War
Konoha Crush
Death of the Professor
The Sanin Has a Request!
Finding the Missing Sannin
Old Lady Tsunade!
Home at Last
War Against Sound!
Victory Against the Sound
New God of Shinobi: Return of Naruto
Surpassing the Leaf!
Bad News From the Sand 🍋
Jinchuriki's Bonds
Celebrating Victory
Battle at the Temple
Regroup! The Enemies are Moving
Threat Realized
I've Always Fought Alone
Over confident Enemies
Snake versus Toad

Preliminaries: Sizing up the Composition

746 22 4
By AndrewSinclair0

Looking over the cursed seal on Sasuke's neck, Naruto knew this thing needed to be removed. "After seeing those markings, I think the seal pulls in some kind of energy. Try and activate your sharingan."

Following his instructions, Sasuke activated his Sharingan. Only a pain shot though his body and the mark tried to spread. Mito jumped to his side. Shikamaru looked at Naruto and saw he was scared of this thing.

"I can put a barrier seal on it. That should let you use your sharingan till this test is over." Sasuke looked at the blond and could see the concern, "Are you sure."

Naruto gave a reassuring smile, "Yeah but it will be temporary. You will need to get with Kakashi sensei for something more permanent."

"He can help?" Mito smiled, "Yes he can. Naruto is right." Sasuke wasn't sure, "Okay. Go ahead."

Naruto pulled out a brush and ink. Drawing a seal then performed the proper hand signs. The seal lit up and pain shot through the raven haired boys neck. As the burning stopped he looked at his two team members. Everyone was releived to see he had his sharingan active.

"Thanks dobe. I guess you are useful." Naruto chuckled. Shikamaru shook his head, "So troublesome. We captured an extra Heaven scroll."

Shin excepted right away, "Thank you." Smiling in the most emotionless smile Naruto has seen.

Teams 7 and 12 made their way to the tower. Naruto was still concerned with the effects of whatever that grass Nin did to Sasuke but he would hopefully deal with that later. Right now he needed to stay focus on the exams.

Naruto was shocked they didn't run into anymore trouble. Their luck has not been that great for either team. Laying out their separate scrolls, both teams activated them. Kakashi appeared in front of team seven, "Yo."

"KAKASHI SENSEI!" Both Mito and Naruto yelled pointing at their teacher. Shikamaru just rolled his eyes.

"Good job! You passed!" Naruto looked at the scrolls then back at him, "What would have happened if we opened our scroll without the other?"

"You would have failed immediately. Sometimes as ninja, you will need to follow orders even if you may not know the true objective. That way the information is protect." Kakashi looked at each of his team as they thought about what he said. "Now come on. We are all gathering in the center room."

Once the final teams arrived the announcement began. The Hokage appeared, "Hello. Congratulations for everyone who made it this far. Unfortunately too many people passed the Forest of Death portion. So you will be participating in pre-tournament. Single elimination, Hayate Gëkko will be your proctor."

Coughing the sickly man looked around, "Okay, standard fight. If you give up, are knocked out, or I decideyou cannot continue the fight. You can kill in the fights but if it's preventable then we will stop the fight."

"I would like to forfeit." Naruto looked and saw it was that Kabuto guy. He looked like he didn't even run into other issues. A couple others forfeited as well.

"First match will be Shin of the Leaf vs. Yaori Akadō." Sasuke and Hinata wished thier teammate luck as everyone left the arena.

Shin smiled, "You could give up now." Akadō chuckled, "Please. You won't last two minutes."

"BEGIN!" Naruto watched closely as the two fought eachother. "He is pretty good with that tanto." The boy ducked and weaved while slashing through the other ninja's clones. Avoiding Akadō's hands he spun hitting the ninja in the gut sending him tumbling back.

"You make your strengths to known." He said with a smile as he twirled his tanto. The Genin smiled under his mask as he threw down a smoke bomb. Shin attempted to jump out but wasn't fast enough. Akadō grabbed him and started syphoning his chakra from him.

Shin felt himself tiring. Quickly rotating to break his hold, he spun elbowing Akadō in the neck. Jumping back he performed hand signs before releasing a fire ball at the man's feet. The explosion threw him against the wall. Before he could recover, Shin stood over him with his tanto to his neck.

"Shin wins. Akadō has been disqualified." Some cheered from the stands seeing how the first rookie had won their fight.

Shikamaru watched Naruto analyze the next match. His excitement seeing Shino use his insects to block off the attacks of the Zaku kid made him blush. Not to far away he saw that Hinata was also staring at the blond causing Shikamaru to feel frustration.

"Shino wins!" Looking back at the match he saw that Shino's insects stole the other boy's chakra. "Well two for two now for us rookies."

Mito huffed, "Of course! We are the best class of genin yet!" Naruto chuckled at his friends confidence.

"Next match is Kankuro of the Sand versus Naruto Uzumaki-Oda."Naruto smiled as he grabbed his yumi. "Good. I have questions about his teammate!"

Shikamaru shook his head, "Be careful Naruto. Don't get over confident." Kakashi nodded, "Shikamaru is right. The sand Shinobi have never won battles through numbers but with intelligence and deceit."

Mito laughed, "Please Naruto is to strong to lose to someone like him. Beside that jerk threatened the Hokage's grandkid."

Dropping into the arena, Naruto smiled as he looked at the boy across from him. Kankuro glared back, "I'm glad I'm the one who gets to fight you, you Konoha brat."

"You should rethink that. Your teammate was going to kill someone in cold blood." Naruto started back at the boy. "You don't tell Gaara no."

"BEGIN!" Naruto quickly fired an arrow, "Multi-Arrow justsu!" Kankuro barely dodged the onslaught of arrows. Landing he turned to face Naruto but hadn't noticed the arrow with an explosive tags in the wall behind him. Said explosion threw him forward. Naruto met the boys head with the brunt of his Yumi.

The silence shattering crack on his skull made the rest of the Genin shiver. To Shikamaru's left he heard Lee tell his teammates he wished he would of allowed Naruto to use his weapons in their spar.

Spinning Naruto put his foot in Kakuro's chest shoving him to the ground. That's when he noticed the boy was made of broken wood not flesh. Jumping into the air he dodged the boy as he tried to encase him in the puppet.

Landing Naruto already had an arrow drawn, focusing wind chakra into the arrow he fired at the puppet. Hitting the shoulder, the force sent splinters and body parts everywhere. Kankuro landed away from the wreckage with a grin as the arrow smashed a crater into the wall behind him.

"Pathetic. Archery is a waste of talent." Another Puppet appeared and Naruto grinned, "You know your puppet jutsu is super cool. It would work better if you were hidden though."

Hardening his expression, "Why would you not stop Gaara from killing innocent people." As if on cue the puppet launched itself at Naruto. Spinning Naruto dodged the attack and fired a chakra infused arrow at Kankuro hitting him in the leg and slowing him down.

The Sand Nin became desperate. Pulling out his final puppet. Temari looked in awe as the Konoha archer had her brother resorting to something only her and Gaara had done.

"You think we can stop a monster like my little brother. A god damn demon " he yelled at Naruto. Shikamaru looked at Mito. The worry evident on his face now.

To Naruto the entire world froze. As the word demon floated through his mind. 'His own brother! He is calling him a monster!' Naruto pulled his last three arrows, two hit the puppets and the third hit Kankuro in the shoulder. Forming a hand seal he set of the explosive tags on the puppets destroying them.

Before Kankuro could react Naruto was in front of him. Landing a punch in his gut he sent the puppeteer hurtling into the wall. Grabbing the barely conscious boy by his shirt he smashed him against the wall again.

Kakauro couldn't believe what was happening. Looking into the blond boys eyes, he was met by slitted red eyes staring back at him, "He is your little brother. You don't understand what it's like to have a real demon living inside of you."

Dropping the boy he turned and walked away as Kankuro passed out. Hiruzen smiled to himself seeing Naruto absolutely dissect the Kazekage's son. Kakashi looked at his student, he knew he hadn't fully accessed the Kyuubi chakra but managed to leak some out do to that boys words.

Shikamaru looked at the boy who looked down at the ground as he stood next to him. Putting his hand on his shoulder, he got Naruto's attention. The blond looked up with a look of distress, sadness, and worry breaking the young Nara's heart.

Wiping the tears out of his eyes Naruto forced that blinding smile at his friend, "Sorry Shika! Got a little carried away there." On the other side of Naruto, Mito looked at the blond with concern written all over her face.

"Next Match is Sakura Haruno versus Ino Yamanaka." Everyone watched as the two rival girls faced off. "So what do you think?" Mito asked.

"If Ino gains control of Sakura's mind then she loses." Shikamaru responded almost bored. Naruto shook his head, "No way. I bet she learned some awesome genjustu from Kurenei sensei."

Kurenei couldn't help but smile. Sakura had turned out to be a a natural at Genjutsu. She was subtle and creative which helped with her ability to fool opponents.

"Begin." Sakura and Ino charged. Instantly trading blows. Sakura began pushing the other girl back. Her skill in Taijutsu drastically increasing since her time in academy. Landing a punch on Ino's face, she used the opportunity to throw Kunai at the girl.

Ino rolled, avoiding the attack all together. However once she stood up she attempted to use her family jutsu, "Mind Possession Ju-"

Sakura faded away before she could finish. Small flower pedals floated around the arena. Naruto watched closely, "Well Sakura just ended the fight ." He said with a smirk.

Realizing to late, Sakura formed again behind the girl and pulled a Kunai to her neck, "Flower Pedal Genjustu."

Looking at the girl in shock she raised her hand, "Proctor I forfeit." Sakura jumped up and cheered. Turning to face her once friend, "Hey Sakura. Do you think you'd help me with my Taijutsu."

Sakura nodded, "Yeah we can get together and get up on our training!" Both girls walked off the field together.

"Told ya it was over!" Naruto said looking at Shikamaru who rolled his eyes at his friend. "Yeah yeah. What a drag."

"Next match Misuri Tsuguri versus Tenten of the Leaf." Tenten took her place across from the other leaf Nin. "I wonder who will win this time." Mito spoke watching the girl smirk at her opponent.

"Begin!" Misuri charged Tenten with a Kunai in hand. Activating a seal a staff appeared in the girls hand. Once his Kunai met her quarter staff his arms went to wrap around her.

Jumping back she let go of her weapon. Naruto looked at the man in awe for a second, "That's a cool technique!" Shikamaru nodded in response to the girl as the fight continued.

Realizing that she needed.to keep a distance away from her opponent she starting throwing kunai and shiruken. Blocking several of the attacks, Misumi wasn't able to keep up with the speed and accuracy of the Tenten's weapons.

Looking at the man as he tried to keep himself from falling over, "I train with two of the fastest and strongest Taijutsu users in the leaf. You have to be better then that." Drawing a katana, the girl appeared behind Misumi and held the blade to his neck.

"Tenten wins." Everyone cheered. Though it made Naruto want to see her teammates fight.

"Next match will be Neji Hyuuga vversus Hinata Hyuuga." Everyone was quiet as the two Hyuuga faced off in the ring.

Once the fight began both Taijutsu specialists made contact. At first Naruto thought Hinata was doing pretty good. However as the fight went on Hinata started to slow down. By the end of the fight she was barely able to stand. Neji held up his hand to deliver a final blow but was stopped by Might Guy and Kakashi.

Naruto walked up to the Hyuuga prodigy, "You would try and kill your own family?"

"You know nothing of our clan so you should stay out of it. She is weak, her fate has been decided." Neji looked at the blond boy glaring at him, " Fate huh? Well I guess fate means I'll have to crush you later so you understand that your 'fate' has nothing to do with it."

Shikamaru watched the tension for a bit before he and Mito both grabbed the blond, "You're so troublesome sometimes Naruto." Smiling at his friend he nodded, "Well somebody's gotta teach him a lesson!"

Mito shook her head, "And that's you why?" Looking at her confused, "Why not me. I think I can be that person! The Hyuuga clan is to up right." Naruto put his arms behind his head while chuckling to himself.

"Next fight will be Temari of the Sand versus Choji Akimichi." That got Naruto and Shikamaru's attention. Looking down at their friend as he stood opposite of the Sand Konouchi.

"Really. I didn't know ninja could be this fat." Choji's face went red with anger. "I am not fat! I'm big boned!"

"Begin." Choji expanded his hands, smashing the ground, he used his other fist to punch the debris. Sending it flying towards Temari she quickly pulled her fan sending it scattering across the field. " Oh this will be fun."

"Wind Release: Wind scythe!" The wind blade sailed towards Choji. Grabbing a piece of the arena he threw it up to block the attack.

"Expansion Human Bullet Tank!" Charging at the girl she barely had time to dodge the attack. Landing she looked up to see him smash into the wall. A giant crater appearing.

"I gotta finish this quickly." Pulling her fan out she fully extended it out. Spinning she created a giant force of wind that lifted him up seconds before hitting her.

Falling back to the ground they saw cuts covering Choji's entire body. Shikamaru couldn't believe what he saw, "That's some of the best wind release I've ever seen!" Kakashi hummed behind them, "Wind release is rare. Fire is a good counter but even that only does so much. Choji fought well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 134 10
[ItaNaru] Despite Minato's impending death, he found himself hoping against hope for his friend to come. The only person he would be able to entrust...
10.1K 138 12
A post-war fanfiction. Naruto has a secret. He had never told anyone, and he liked it that way. He was the Hokage, and this kind of information could...
2.9K 73 15
This doesn't follow the canon I do not own Naruto characters. Deception is a shinobi's greatest weapon one that Naruto has used all his life putting...
7.1K 150 2
At a young age Naruto heard about the Chunin exam and got the idea to prank the whole village, playing the role of the dead-last while training secre...