All The Kings Men

By viahenley

King Silas and Queen Thea had wed for 5 years with no children. Rumors spread throughout the kingdom that Que... More

King' thoughts Chapter 1
Queen's Thoughts Chapter 2
Kings Thoughts Chapter 3
Queens Thoughts Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Kings Thoughts
Chapter 6 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 7 Kings thoughts
Chapter 8 Queens thoughts
Chapter 9 Kings Thoughts
Chapter 10 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 11 Kings Thoughts
Chapter 12 Hannahs Thoughts
Chapter 13 Queens Tboughts
Chapter 14 Fionas Thoughts
Chapter 15 kings Thoughts
Chapter 16 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 17 Hannahs Thoughts
Chapter 18 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 19 Fionas Thoughts
Chapter 20 Kings thoughts
Chapter 21 Rosemary's Thoughts
Chapter 22 Mother Queens Thoughts
Chapter 23 Kings Thoughts
Chapter 24 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 25 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 26 Hannahs Thoughts
Chapter 27 Fionas Thoughts
Chapter 28 Rosemary's Thoughts
Chapter 29 Jasmine's Thoughts
Chapter 30 Kings Thoughts
Chapter 31 Felix's Thoughts
Chapter 32 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 33 Jasmine's Thoughts
Chapter 34 Fiona's Thoughts
Chapter 35 Kings Thoughts
Chapter 36 Hannahs thoughts
Chapter 37 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 38 Rosemarys Thoughts
Chapter 39 Peters Thoughts
Chapter 40 Kings Thoughts
Chapter 41 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 42 williams thoughts
Chapter 43 Hannahs Thoughts
Chapter 44 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 45 Lucy's Thoughts
Chapter 46 Fionas Thoughts
Chapter 47 Kings Thoughts
Chapter 48 Jade's Thoughts
Chapter 49 Rosemary's Thoughts
Chapter 50 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 51 Fiona's Thoughts
Chapter 53 Edmunds Thoughts
Chapter 54 Jasmines Thoughts
Chapter 55 Rosemary's Thoughts
Chapter 56 Queens Thoughts
Chapter 57 Felix's Thoughts.
Chapter 58 Hannahs Thoughts
Chapter 59 Kings Thoughts
Note from Author

Chapter 52 kings Thoughts

89 5 0
By viahenley

"And we have nothing ? No clues ? No leads ? Matthew has just up and disappeared?" John asked leaning over my counsel table.

"William reported his last known whereabouts was were Peter got stabbed." Hannah spoke up. She shifted uncomfortably in her chair as several of the counsel members glared at her. It was clear they still didn't agree with my decision and weren't welcoming the idea of a woman to be apart of my voice.

"He must know we are on to him and his horrible business." George replied.

"The good news is the men who were taken this drug have all been detoxed off it and have made a full recovery." I added. "We will continue to search for him and we know any area where men start to have the side-effects is where he is. He won't be able to go undetected."

"So then we are at a stand still on the matter." John replied. "And what of this woman who miraculously healed knight peter ?"

"According to the doctor she literally walked in..touched Peter and he was completely healed." I stated in an unbelievable tone.

"So she is a witch or demon?" John scoffed.

"Didn't we just discuss this over those scrolls?" Vincent asked.

"It's nonsense." John replied

"A woman walking in healing a man with her hand by just touching him is not nonsense. You can't deny it John. It happened. With at-least 10 whitenesses." George said crossing his arms.

"Have we contacted the church?" John asked.

"The church will drag that poor girl out and burn her on a stake." Hannah intercepted.

"Hannah's right. We will not contact the church or let anyone know what we have whitenesses until we figure out what is going on with her." I responded. "She is under my protection."

"Then we mustn't give away those scrolls." George replied. "I tried to warn you there is truth in them. And it sounds like that's where we look "

I sighed heavily. "I'm afraid that's not possible.,,they are already on their way to the dark mountains with king Cassius...I wanted to avoid war...I thought it was best."

"So now we have no ancient scrolls, we have a demon girl in the castle and you are protecting he." John huffed.

"I am king. You will remember that." I snapped at him not liking his tone. "I will send to king Cassius immediately and tell him what we are experiencing. I believe he wanted them for a similar issue....I think he will work with me on it."

"I hope your right." George replied.

"Then we are finished for today ?" John asked.

"Yes, counsel dismissed." I replied. "Ah Hannah I do wish to speak with you."

"Of course my king." She said. We waited for the room to clear.

"Are you settling here okay? Do I need to speak with them again?" I asked.

"It won't change anything. I assured you I can handle this position and I meant it." She replied. "It's not my first run in with unfavorable men after all."

"That reminds me." I said approaching her. "Have you come up with an ideas to help those other women in the village ?"

"Well...I believe a safe house should be built. A place where they can sleep and live and raise their children that it protected. Where they don't have to live in fear of the crime on the streets." She started.

"I will immediately start looking for land and the resources for that. I think that's s wonderful idea." I relied.

"And the only reason they turn to sex work is because there is very little other means for them to make money. I do believe we need to come up with a business for them that would sustain them." She went on.

"What do you have in mind ?" I asked.

"There is so much waste here at the castle. We throw out so much food. I've seen entire sacks of flour be tossed because if wasn't up to the chefs standards. I think we could have them collect it from the kitchen instead of it being tossed and there would be more then enough for them to not only feed themselves but sell loafs of bread and hot stew. I also see alot of material being thrown out from the dress makers. These women are talented. They not only could make clothes for themselves and their children but they could try and sell their dresses to the common people at a much more affordable price." Hannah's words amazed me.

"I knew I made the right decision placing you on my counsel." I said excited. "You will truly help make this kingdom a better place. We will turn your ideas into working systems immediately."

She laughed. "You are too kind."

"One more question." I smiled. "When can I plan for your wedding ? We can have a ceremony if you wish. I want you and William to have your happily ever after."

Her smile faded and it puzzled me. "Is William not treating you well?"

"Oh no. He is. He is wonderful." She shook her head.

"But you are unhappy?" I asked.

She paused as if she had more to say. "Everything is perfect. I will ask William when he wishes to carry out our engagement."

I wanted to ask her more but I didn't feel I had the relationship with her to do so. "Perfect..well that is all I have for you, please enjoy your afternoon."

Glancing around the chapel I was disappointed Father Nicholas was no where to be seen. It had been several weeks since our time in the confessional and I craved for some time with him.

"Oh king Silas I'm glad your here." Lucy said popping her head out from the church office
"I have a stack of marriage licenses that just arrived this morning needing your approval."

"Ah Lucy. Of course." I said trying to hide my hard on. I was picture father Nicholas in his robe and was again disappointed he wasn't her. "Is father Nicholas around ?"

Her eyes flickered to me with an undertone of annoyance at the mention of his name. "No I do believe he had to take a trip the the Vatican.

"I see...did he mention when he would be back?" I asked.

"No." Lucy handed me a slip of mail. "I'm afraid he didn't say."

I took it from her, my hand brushing against her abnormally large hands for a woman. They also were rough for cutting wood. She obviously had some experience on a farm. Clearly noticing me staring at her hands she quickly tucked them back under her dress. Anxiety seemed to fill her face and she stood pacing the room. I tried to concentrate on the marriage request but her movement began to make me have anxiety.

"Is something wrong ?" I asked.

"Oh sorry." She said fidgeting. "I...have a hard time remaining still."

"Are you used to more labor work?" I asked regretting it as I watched her glance down to her hands.

She ran them through her long beautiful hair. "I honestly am not used to be around so many people that's all..I like to keep to myself."

I gave up on trying to do any work and set the letter on one of the church pews. "And yet you volunteered for ministry?"

"Ahh..." she glanced around as if she had said something wrong. "Father Nicolas made it hard to want to say no..." I pondered her words contemplating if she meant them in a good way or not. "Honestly churches make me nervous." Her dark eyes darted around the sanctuary. "I've never really felt welcomed..."

I sighed. "I understand more then you know."

"You? The king? The chosen of God to lead a kingdom? Unwelcome ?" For the first time I heard her laugh. It was a good laugh. The kind that made you smile.

I couldn't help but chuckle too. "Yes I suppose it does sound rather odd coming from me...but I assure you..I do not wear the role I was called to play well compared to who I actually am." She glanced at me with such wonder and I realized I really should stop talking before I said too much. But there was something about her that was easy to talk too. Leaning down I picked up a marriage certificate again and looked it over trying to keep my thoughts away from father Nicholas and all the dirty wonderful things we had done in this Sanctuary.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 69 14
King Richard and Queen Katherine Winstanley tried for a long time to have a baby. It didn't seem as if it was going to happen and that when Richard d...
56.5K 3.2K 54
"You know what? Everything....every bad thing that is happening to me is because of you and your lack of empathy and consideration. Always doing what...
74.2K 3.4K 22
If you were to ask anyone in the ton about the Lady with a Fan, even an errand boy could give you an answer. That's the name Anastasia Bridgerton had...
8.9K 31 14
I've seen like no stories really for Anthony so now I present to you some POVs of you and Anthony and a few of other Bridgerton characters Collin K...