Sweet Temptation | 18+

By Trick_writes

"I need you. I need to feel you, to be inside of you." August's voice darkened. He swiftly lifted me over his... More

Authors note
Character aesthetics
Prologue
00| Past
1| Packing
2| College
3| Breakfast
4| Library
5| need a book? No
6| Break out time
7| Burnt Rubber
8| Friends?
9| Wanted
10| Paper
11| Train tracks
12| Lilah?
13| Tune
14| Pool
15| Cold
16| Project
17| Ignoring
18| Touch you
19| illegal
20| Late
21| Tradition
22| Pictures
23| Feelings
24| Panic Attack
25| Dress
26| Date?
27| I need you, I want you
28| Tattoo
29| Maybe I was a fool.
30| fixing it
31| Flowers
32| Dinner
33| let me help
34| Her
35| work
36| Kid?
37| listening
38| ready?
39| home
40| donuts
41| think about it
42| maybe every love story does end bad
43| guilt
44| business partner
45| not the same
46| If I say no? You won't
47| Deja vu
48| cherries
49| Truth
50| believe
51| Gone
52| white walls
53| Memories
54| sorrys
55| grocey store
56| you own my heart
57| I was always yours
58| familer faces
59| tease
60| prince
61| future
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

62| wishes and ice cream

19.9K 567 299
By Trick_writes

I squirmed around in my seat, my heart beating, and my mind fogged with so much emotion.

I could barely concentrate on word that the judge was saying. I could hardly answer the questions he was asking me.

"Miss Fane, so you're telling me you have no idea who his man is?" The judge asked with his voice and held no emotion, yet I guess that is how most judges are.

My mouth is dry, and I repeat the words I have told the police and lawyer countless times.

"No, sir, he came into my shop once to ask about tires." I swallow. I look behind me, my eyes searching for the familiar hazel ones that I have fallen in love with.

Next to August sit my mother, Owen, and his boyfriend Seth. One row behind them were Hadley, Alyssa, and Sav.

Seth gives me a bright smile and holds up his thumbs, mouthing, "You're doing amazing." I turned, looking ahead, feeling just a tad bit better.

But I still wish August could be up here with me.

My lawyer raked through the papers on her desk next to me. The lawyer for Mr. Wad was doing his job, defending him.

I simply wonder if the man believed that Mr. Wad was insane or if he just didn't want to go to prison his whole life.

He was only in his early 30s. He had a whole life ahead of him. I felt sick to my stomach when I lifted my head.

Mr. Wad's eyes filled with tears as he looked at me. He was in an orange prison suit, and his hands were cuffed.

Why was he crying? He was the one who cut my brakes and tried to kill me. I was the one who had to live the rest of my life with nightmares.

I can barely even sit in the driver's seat without having a panic attack.

"I find Mr. Wad guilty."

Small things like a loud boom or the squeak of someones car tires can throw me into a panic attack.

Racing was what helped me escape reality, but now I have nothing.

I own a raceway for a reason. I'm supposed to teach kids how to race go-karts. That's my fucking job, and I can't even sit in the driver's seat without freaking out.

My eyes start to burn at the thought of never being able to do what I love. I worked so hard to get to where I am just for some guy to take it away because he's... insane.

"Life without the chance of parole." I let out a breath, the weight on my chest lifting; it was like I could finally breathe.

London looks back at me, her honey-colored eyes filling with tears. Then the man that my grandfather hired to kill London didn't fight as they took him away.

When I had the chance, I immediately wrapped London in my arms.

Her body shook with a silent sob as she held onto me. I hated that she was crying, but I know it was because she was relieved.

"You alright, Trouble?" I asked her. She nodded into my chest before mumbling. "I was scared." Her voice vibrated my chest as she spoke.

"If he got 10 years like Mrs. Quinn said... I don't know what I would have done." I pull back, cupping her face in my hands.

London's gold eyes were bloodshot, and the tip of her nose was red.

It was just us in the empty courtroom. It was the only reason she wasn't hiding from me. "I wouldn't let anything happen to you." I cut off her rambling, brushing away the tears that had fallen onto her cheek.

"You don't know that." She tried to argue. I shake my head at her nonsense because I knew damn well I wouldn't ever let a single person touch a hair on her head.

London was mine, and I would protect her with everything in me.

"You underestimate me, London Fane." My voice comes out soft and quiet, only loud enough for her to hear. I lean down and press a soft kiss to her wet cheek.

"We should probably go before they kick us out." I pointed behind her to the security guard that was staring at us.

A soft laugh leaves her lips as she gives me a nod. I lace my fingers through hers and give the security guard a nod as we walk past him.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and click transfer. I paid quite a lot of money to send Mr. Wad behind bars for the rest of his sad life.

Although I didn't use my money, I used the money I took from my grandfather. It's funny how things can change.

He was rich and very well liked by the people around him, and now he is what he would call dirt under his shoe.

The last thing I heard was my grandfather being kicked out of his 850k-dollar mansion.

Yes, I have people keep an eye on him. I'm just making sure he ever gets anything he wants again.

I glanced down at London to see she was already looking back. "Are you hungry?" A nod was all I needed. I was going to get my girl some food.

***

"Where are we?" She questioned me for what felt like the hundredth time in the last 10 minutes. I put the car in park, not saying a word as I grabbed our food and drinks. London quickly followed.

Placing the bag of McDonald's on the hood of my car I turn to look at my girlfriend. "We are going to watch the meteor shower." I climb into my car.

London smiles and does the same. London leans back as I pull out the food. Handing her her large fries and chicken nuggets

All I got was a McFlurry and a large fry. London quickly leans up and scoops a fry into my ice cream.

I gaped at her. "You're insane." I pull my McFlurry out of reach so she has the chance to do it again.

London giggles as she shakes her head, her thick hair falling into her face. "Try it. It's good, I promise."

My brows knitted together looking at her like she was crazy. I don't stop her when she dips another fry into my ice cream.

"Come on, pretty boy, just try it." She held it to my lips. When I finally give in, she leans back with a proud grin on her face.

"You're my bitch." She snickers to herself. I roll my eyes at her.

I was slightly surprised that ice cream with fries was good, but I'm not going to tell her that.

We waited for about an hour, looking up at the dark sky, waiting for the meteor shower to start, and nothing happened.

"Maybe you got the date mixed up." I hear London say. My eyes search the sky helplessly.

I didn't get the dates mixed up because I have been waiting to take her to see them. When another minute goes by and still nothing happens, I give up.

When I go to get up, I hear a faint gasp. My eyes snapped to London to see her pointing up at the sky with a cheeky smile on her face. I felt my heart swell at the sight.

"Look, you idiot." She hits my arm with a grin.

I finally pulled my eyes off of her and looked up into the night sky. Small balls of light fell from the sky. "Make a wish." She taps my hand repeatedly, catching my attention.

I wouldn't have thought London would believe in making a wish because she doesn't believe that if you pick up a penny that's on heads, you'll get good luck.

"Why? "I already have my wish."

I'm so in love with them.

I absolutely love writing in August point of view. I love how he sees and think about her.

How is everyone doing and thoughts of this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 1.1K 34
"What's wrong with you?" I asked, finally tired with his annoying stares. "What's your deal with Lucas?" He asked back, gritting his teeth. Geez what...
56.7K 2.7K 29
"No! You don't walk away!" He stops me and turns me to face him. "Let go of me!" I snap back as I remove my wrist from his grasp. "What are you so...
2M 55.3K 41
Willow's always been known as the good girl with the wealthy parents who could do no wrong. Little do they know that this seemingly perfect girl has...
1.2M 32.6K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...