Being loved by a Millionaire

By thewritingmama

(In the process of being heavily edited! Chp 1-6 finished) His eyes sparkle wickedly, as he smirks down at me... More

~Prologue~
Chapter One 11:11 p.m
Chapter 2 Mystery Woman
Chapter 3 A heated encounter
Chapter 4 Live in Maid
Chapter 6 What is he doing to me?
Chapter 7 A rude interruption
Chapter 8 Only for one night
Chapter 9 Meeting the Witch
Chapter 10 A phone call from a "friend"
Chapter 11 I must have been a little Jealous
Chapter 12 The real reason
Chapter 13. the morning after
Chapter 14 Nathan's Confession
Chapter 15 I love you (FINAL)

Chapter 5 Eat with me

105K 3.4K 383
By thewritingmama

The weekend goes by way too quickly and I am dreading today. I woke earlier than normal because I didn't know when Marcus would be showing up, and I don't  have his number.

The first thing I do is call into work letting my boss know I have emergency "family problems" that I need to take care of, and would need to take the next month off. Thankfully, it isn't a problem and I feel so relieved knowing I will have my job to come back once this nightmare is over.

I hurry and shower and throw myself together as quickly as I can. I've filled a large suitcase, and a couple of smaller bags with the essentials I'll need, and I'm now fully prepared to spend the next month in hell.

As i'm zipping up the last bag, a loud pounding echoes through my apartment. I zip up my bags and hurry to get the door. When I open it, Marcus is standing there with his hands in his jean pockets. He leans against the door frame and I can't help but let my eyes rake down his body. His dark t-shirt fits him perfectly, so that I can see the outline of his toned chest. This is the first time I've seen him in jeans and I have to admit I love it. He's smiling but he's got a look of mischief in his eyes. "Time to go maid."

I fold my arms over my chest and glower at him. "I'm not going anywhere with you if you don't stop acting like a douche bag."

He laughs, ignoring my protests as he walks into my apartment. I am officially pissed off and it's not even noon. I follow him until we were in my room.

"Well, come in I guess." I mutter sarcastically. I notice he hasn't brought anyone with him like he said, but I don't make the effort to ask.

He is examining my room with a look of judgment on his face, "This is where you sleep?"

I immediately become defensive at the tone of his voice, "Why? Not good enough for you?"

He turns to me, amusement in his eyes and shrugs, "I could never imagine what it would be like to sleep in a room this small and dull. "

I throw my hands up into the air and decide I'm not even going to start this argument. I grab my heavy suitcase off of the bed and heave it onto the ground.

"Well, since it's such an eye sore for you let's get out of here. Oh and why you're at it grab that kennel over there." I point to the kennel that Finn is snuggled up in.

Marcus walks over to the kennel and nudges it with his immaculate shoes. "What the hell is this?"

I roll my eyes, "That is a kennel and inside is a cat, smart ass."

He frowns at the kennel and scoffs,  "You really expect me to pick this thing up? There's hair all over it."

I set my bags down on the floor, that I have slung over my shoulder. "Fine, well then I'm not going. I told you the cat comes with me."

He groans and grabs the cage a little rougher than I like. "Hey, you be careful with that!"

"Let's just get out of this... shack." He carefully grabs the bags on the floor, careful not to shake the kennel, and slings them over his shoulders.

Oh that's rich considering you now own this damn "shack".

I grab my suitcase and wheel it after him. "You know, you're acting like a spoiled brat right now and I don't appreciate it."

I quickly lock the door behind me and follow him down to his car. Marcus puts my bags and Finn's kennel in the back seat. He takes my suit case from me, and I get into the car while he places it into the trunk. I turn in my seat so I can see how Finn is doing. He is sleeping soundly in his cage. I swear he can sleep through  anything.

I turn back to the front when the door opens up on the drivers seat side. Marcus slides in and glances over at me. He doesn't say a word and pulls out of the parking lot, ignoring me the whole way to our destination. I hope it's like this for the next month...

**********************************

When I say his house or should I say mansion, is huge, that's an understatement. My mouth hangs open as we pull into the long gated driveway. The mansion practically shines. Marcus parks out front and gets out to open my door. I know my face gives away my shock, but I can't help it. Two men dressed in white collared uniforms emerge from the large front doorway and immediately take our bags. I shake my head as one of the men tries to take the kennel. "Oh I've got this one! Thank you so much for your help."

Marcus rolls his eyes and the two men leave taking my things with them. Marcus motions for me to follow him and we enter into his home. He chuckles at my expression when I see the large chandelier hanging above our heads in the entry way. He takes me from room to room and I can't keep my mouth from dropping open. This home is not like anything I've ever seen.

"So what do you think" he looks at me expectantly as we reach the top step of his long stairwell. Still in awe I say quietly, "well, it's definitely bigger than mine, that's for sure."

He grins and grabs onto my hand, making my eyes go wide. He quickly leads me down the long hallway and pulls me into a room. "Woah wait! What do you think you-"

The room I am now in is beautiful, and massive just like the rest of the house. The walls are a pretty creme color and the floor is made of marble. The bed in the middle of the room looks like it could fit five people on it comfortably. He let's go of my hand and watches as I make my way over to it. I set down Finn's kennel and admire the white bed set. The silk sheets are beautiful and I can't help but run my hands along them.

"Do you like it?" He asks me.

I simply nod, feeling overwhelmed. When he doesn't say anything, I looked up at him. He looks a little worried and I feel the need to reassure him. "It's lovely. Probably the most beautiful room I've ever been in."

His face relaxes and he says, "Well, I'm glad you like it,because it's yours while you stay here."

My eyes widen, and I immediately bring my hand away from the bed. "M-mine?"

He laughs at my reaction, "what? Did you think I would make you sleep in a dark basement?"

"Something like that.." I really didn't expect this. I mean I knew he had a lot of money, but not this much. I really didn't expect to be staying in a room like this.

He's watching my face and I can't help but give him a small smile. He immediately walks over to me and leans in. I hold my breath, unable to move. His lips are inches from mine and I can feel my pulse quicken. Next thing I know he pushes me onto the bed, and I'm pinned beneath him. His hands have hold of my wrists securing me in place. I glare up at him wriggling under him.

He is too...close.

"Get off of me Marcus. We can't do this." My voice says something completely different, and the look in his eyes lets me know that he hears the hesitation. I won't deny that the chemistry between us is strong, but I can't let myself get trapped in whatever this is..

He leans down and grazes my ear with his teeth. Tingles surge through my body and I turn my head away from him refusing to give in. This can't happen, especially because I barley know him and since I've know him he's been nothing but awful.

He grabs my face gently and turns it back so that I'm looking up at him. "What if I say I don't want to? What if I told you that I haven't stopped thinking of you since the day you ran into me."

"M-Marcus please..." I'm holding my breath and I can't help but notice that my body relaxed under him. Has he really thought about me, in that way? His lips wander to my neck, leaving a path of soft kisses. A soft moan, leaves my mouth and I close my eyes feeling a little embarrassed. He kisses my cheek and I feel his weight lift off of me. I open my eyes and sit up confused as he gets up off the bed and makes his way to the door.

"If you want to make use of those sheets don't hesitate to ask." He winks and walks out leaving me with my mouth hanging open in complete shock.

Addison you are so freaking Stupid. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

I pace around the room trying to pull myself together. I looked into the vanity mirror in the corner of the room and see my disheveled appearance. I try my best to breathe and process what just happened. I re-run the last ten minutes in my head and groan, burying my face into my hands.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid...

****************************************

Several hours later, I decide its time to find some food. My stomach has been growling for the past hour and I don't think I can stand it any longer When I enter into the kitchen, I am filled with relief that it is empty. Perfect.

I spot the fridge and my stomach growls loudly. I quickly make my way over to it and open the massive doors. There are a ton of ingredients to choose from! I pulled out an assortment of food and decide to make my dad's favorite beef stew.

After about an hour of cooking, I wipe my hands on my apron and smile proudly at the meal I prepared. My mom use to make this for us before she left. My smile fades and I quickly push the thought from my mind.

I set the table for two just in case he decides to make an appearance. I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to be doing around here.

As I set the large pot of stew onto the table, Marcus walks into the kitchen. I look away quickly and busy myself with the food on the table. He clears his throat and walks straight over to the table. He looks surprised, like he's never seen the table with food on it.

I laugh and roll my eyes, "What? Never seen a home cooked meal before?"

Ignoring me he pulls a seat out and the bowl I just filled. He looks at the steaming stew for a second before taking a bite. He looks up at me, still chewing, and doesn't say a word.

Feeling uncomfortable, I look down at my hands and pick at my nails. "How is it? If it's not good enough I can-"

"It's really amazing, Addison." He's smiling at me and it's the sexiest smile I've ever seen in my life.

I turn around quickly, and rush over to the counter to clean up the mess. I'm hoping if I stay over here long enough the color will fade from my cheeks. It's the first time I've really heard him say my name like that.

I start scrubbing at the dishes in the sink and keep my eyes glued on my hands. As soon as he leaves I'm going to eat as fast as I can and go straight back to my room.

I tense when I feel warm arms wrap around me and large hands cover my own, stopping my feverish scrubbing.

Marcus's mouth tickles my neck and I feel myself stop breathing, "Eat with me Addison."

His voice is so low and quiet. I know he feels the electric surge surround us. I turn around and quickly realize my mistake. I am inches away from his face. His eyes are locked onto mine and it takes everything I have to not kiss him right then and there.

"I'm not here to eat dinner or play house with you Marcus. I'm just here to pay off my debt. After 30 days I am gone."

He leans in closer and wrapped his arms around me, pulling on the strings of my apron. He repeats,  "Eat with me."

His voice is more forceful and demanding this time. I tilted my head up to meet his cold stare once again. "I don't want too."

He leans in bracing both hands on either side of me. The small of my back pressed against the counter. "you will do what I say Addison. This is my first request from you."

I glare and push him away, "Just because I'm working for you, doesn't mean that I have to do every little thing you say. I still have my free will."

He chuckles, shaking his head, and walks over to the counter behind him. He leans back against it and doesn't say a word. He just stares at me as if he can't figure something out. I let out the breath I was holding as soon as he moved away from me. He is always too damn close.

He cocks his head to the side and his face softens. His eyes practically pleading with me, "Please Addison. I would really like you to eat with me. I would rather not eat alone."

I bite my lip unsure of what to say.

"Please. I'm asking nicely. Don't make me get on my knees." His face is now filled with amusement and I let out a big sigh.

I throw my apron onto the counter and glide past him right into the opposite seat that he sat at moments before. "Well... I guess one bowl wouldn't hurt. Plus I'm starving. "

He laughs and sits down across from me. I see that he's finished his first bowl and is filling up a second. "Thank you Addison."

I smile and look down at my steaming bowl of stew. I pick up my spoon and dig in. Marcus and I eat in silence, but occasionally glance up at each other, a smile on both of our faces. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1.1K 27
Suddenly, he pulled me towards him by my waist... A little yelp escapes from my mouth and i grab his suit or jacket whatever he is wearing... My hear...
2.5M 60.6K 14
When negotiated marriage turned out to be more than that... Just a little tiny sneak peek: Declan seemed to have trouble expressing himself. I was gl...
815 267 13
"I have a lot in stored for me ,don't I " "Did you always make salty coffee for my father or is it only me" "What did my father see in you " he asked...
1.4M 41.3K 100
"Why the mask?" he asked. I kept quiet as he moved his hand to my hair. He untied my hair and let the hair band fall on the ground. "Why are y...