Not That Perfect | JJ Maybank

By thepoguesxoxo

It wasn't just her parents that died that night ,in a way she did too. But they brought her back to life and... More

Introduction
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE

FIFTY NINE

767 9 1
By thepoguesxoxo

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing I shuffle myself from JJ's hold and sit on the edge of the bed. I look down and see that I'm in JJ's shirt and nothing else.

I look back at him and just remember how much of a bad idea last night was. I mean I'm not saying it was bad, just not a good idea. I look into the mirror and attempt to sort my hair out a little.

My hair is wavy from the curls yesterday personally I wish my hair was always like this. I look in the draw Kie showed me yesterday and grab out a dark blue bikini. I'm sure she won't mind so I put it on with JJ's shirt over the top and a pair of white fabric shorts.

I look at my phone and see a message from Rafe 'I'm setting off in 5' that was 5 minutes ago so he's probably set off now.

I go into my shoulder bag and grab out my concealer I put a little under my eyes and on my forehead and blend it in with my finger. I didn't put on mascara in so my eyes feel....naked that's the only way to explain it.

I knock my bag off the bed and I look back at JJ to see if it woke him up hoping it didn't wake him up. I understand leaving without any word is probably impractical especially after last night but I'm not ready for that conversation.

I go to pick up my bag and my vape falls out I roll my eyes and pick it up, I look at the pod and see it needs refilling. I slip on my flats and I put my phone and concealer in my bag. Then leave the bedroom as quietly as possible.

I shut the door and walk into the living room and see Pope sat up as if he's been awake for awhile. "Morning AJ" he smirks shaking his head. By that look I guess he probably heard me and JJ last night.

"Good morning Pope" I smile as I grab my vape from my bag along with my watermelon liquid. I walk up to him sitting on the pull out next to him.

He puts the blanket over my legs and I put my bag next to me. "So you and JJ? I thought you were mad at him?" Pope questions.

"I am mad at him" i answer as I refill my pod.

"Are you sure about that? Cause from what I heard, that's not the case" he quietly laughs to himself.

I nudge him with my elbow shaking my head with a smile. I take a toke on my vape as he smiles shaking his head. "Teenagers" he laughs.

"Teenagers" I say I blow the watermelon flavoured air out of my mouth.

I hear Rafe's approaching so I put my liquid in my bag and give Pope a hug and try to leave before he asks who it is. "Jess who-"

"Love you too Pope bye" I shout as I walk off the porch with a smile.

I walk outside to see Rafe on his bike I thought he'd come in a car but I guess not. "Hey Jess" he says taking off his helmet I walk towards him and he takes my bag from me as he takes his backpack off putting it in there.

"Morning Rafe" I say whilst he passes me his helmet to put on. I pass him my vape and as expected he takes a toke whilst I'm putting the helmet on.

He passes me it back and I pop open the visor and take a quick toke before putting it in the small pocket of his bag.

"You ready?" He asks ask I sit behind him wrapping my arms around his stomach.

"Yeah, I'm ready " I tell him and he sets off to the beach.

The whole way there I think of the possibility's of what it could've been that made Ash make this deal with JJ. Is it something I did? Something my parents did?

I'm just glad I'm not going alone because if this was a one on one type of thing I would've backed out.

After around 10 minutes we arrive at the beach I get off the bike taking the helmet off as I do. I pass it to Rafe as he puts up the stand for his bike, he passes me my things from his backpack.

I look out to the beach and see Ash sat down look out to the ocean "do you want me to stay here or go with you?"

"You can stay here I'll just shout you if I need anything" I tell Rafe.

I walk down the sand covered steeps and make my way towards her with my bag in one hand and vape in the other. I sit down next to her not saying a word.

"Ash I just wanna know, why?" I ask without context it seems like the most simple question but in reality it could lead to any possible answer.

"I didn't do it to hurt you, it was never my intention. What exactly has JJ told you?" She wonders still not looking and me but looking down at the sand.

"JJ told me you were giving him free weed and that my parents used to live here in obx. There was something about that John B needed to be here which I find quite unnecessary" I shake my head looking at her.

"Jess when I tell you what I'm about to you just have to hear me through it,okay?" She asks turning to face me I don't do the same I look forward to the ocean.

"Go ahead" I tell her.

"When we were 10 there was one night that we were having a sleepover and you had gone to sleep and I went down stairs for something to drink-"

Flashback- Ashes POV

It's about 11 o'clock and Jessica is already asleep even after we said we would stay awake all night walking movies. I make my way down stairs to get a drink but I stop on the stairs when I hear her mum and dad quietly arguing.

I make sure I don't make a sound so they aren't mad that I am awake. I can't see the two of them but I can hear what they are saying 'look I think it's time to tell Jess about the obx, about John' Jesses mum (Hayley) says to her dad (Nick) I've heard about the obx my parents have mentioned it a few time never been though.

I have no idea who this 'John' person is im sure if he was important Jessica would have told me about him by now. That is if she knows.

'We raised her since she was 2 years old she is our child' Jesses dad shouts in his whisper.

'He is her father' Hayley whispers I lean forward and the stair creeks. Perfect isn't that just bloody perfect.

'Jess honey is that you?' My best friends mum asks I stand up and walk down the rest of the stairs.

'No it's me' I say looking into her eyes with fear.

'Honey how much of that conversation did you hear?' I can't lie to my best friends parents it's just wrong.

I look down and say 'about obx and her dad called John' I say with no intention of whispering.

'Shh shh sweetie be quite you don't want to wake Jessica up, do you?' Nick says to me kneeling down to my height.

'She needs to know why shouldn't I tell her?' I ask and they don't have an answer.

'Call her parents' Hayley says to Nick .

I've done something bad. No they've don't something bad they've not told her about her real dad.

Hayley goes upstairs- hopefully to tell Jess they've been lying to her- I go with jesses dad into their living room as he calls my parents.

After around 10 minutes my mum and dad arrive at the house with a worried look on their faces. 

Jessica's dad stands up and guides them to the background my mum looks at me and doesn't say a word. Me listing to one conversation can't be that bad, can it?

I stay in the living room and I can hear the conversation outside. So I go and sit with them 'come here love' my dad says letting me sit next to him.

'Harrison you know that Hayley and I used to live in the obx near to my sister she lived on the other end of the island to us. She wasn't the most fortunate in money so we tried to help her out but she sent the money back each time. I didn't even know she was expecting until she was 7 months along she never told either of us a thing. A couple years passed and I sent my sister the same amount of money I usually did and that time she never sent it back. However, she showed up at the house with her baby girl and told us to look after her until she got back. The only thing she gave us was the shark tooth necklace, Jess wears it all the time now. My sister knew we had plans to move all the way to California so we took Jess with us obviously. We can't have Jess finding out-'

After that point I began to tune out and look into the back garden that was until my dad decided to speak.

'Who is her father? I'f you don't me asking Nick" my dad asks.

'His name is John'

Present time- Jesses POV

As Ash kept telling me the events of that night I couldn't help but remember that my mum had told me Ash wanted to go home so her parents came to pick her up.

"After that I convinced my parents to move here. Your parents gave mine enough money for the flight here and most of the payment on the house. I couldn't get the name John out of my head so even though I was- well even though I am a kook. I did exactly what you did and made friends with the pogues. I met Big John when I was 12 and it all fell into place. I actually was in California when he went missing my parents had something to take care of. That night it was umm it was 17th of March and I met up with some of our old friends. We had a couple drink-I didn't think much of it at the time but I was driving and I saw your parents car on the side of the road. All I could think about was how they ruined our friendship, my relationship with my parents and how they had been lying to you. So I did nothing."

"Hold on the 17th?" I question even though I definitely just heard her correctly. That was they say they died. She nodded "you could've helped them" I whisper more to myself than to her. I stand up and she does too putting her hands on my shoulders. I hit her chest so she stumbles away from me.

"Look look I'm sorry I'm so so sorry the only reason I asked JJ to keep an eye on you is because I needed to know if you're parents had finally stopped lying to you when they had the chance." I bring my hand to my mouth as tears fall down my face. I fall to my knees whipping my tears as they never stop falling.

"JJ he-he knew this?" I question finding it hard to put my words together.

"No no he only knows about your connection to John B" she tells me sitting down. Like that's any more reassuring he's still been lying not only to me but to John B too. How could he do this? No how could she do this?

"How could you do this?" I whisper she looks at me confused like she couldn't hear me.

"You could've saved them! My parents Ash! You could've helped them!" I yell at her whilst sobbing I hear Rafe come up behind me and he slowly puts his arms around me. I can tell he's not that used to comforting people but he's doing a good job.

I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck as I sob into his shirt I never would've been sobbing into Rafe's shoulder. I didn't think he was this kind of a person.

A/N
Well that happened

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 11.2K 40
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹
230K 9.3K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
573K 35.1K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...