The Life of a Horrid Boy

By GaberFaber

Henry has been told hes been horrid his whole life. he used to never think much of it, he actually liked it b... More

An old "friend"
Aerobic Al makes an entrance
Plans
I'm not your Protagonist, I'm not even my own
Movie Date
Fight
I go hungry
Trains of Thoughts are Leading to Nowhere
Im Not Better Anymore
What I'd Give to Take it All Back
I Don't Like It Anymore, I'm Tired.
You Wipe Away Tears That I Cry
The Wonder of You
Wish That I Could give you my Love now

Can Somebody Save me from Myself?

918 26 56
By GaberFaber

[TW: Panic attacks, somewhat suicidal thoughts, and foul language]

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-

Henry slammed his good hand on his alarm clock. He groaned at the thought of going to school. But he already missed one day of school, he couldn't miss another. He wished he got beat up on a Sunday or something, but maybe it was best that he didn't miss two days of school.

Henry picked up his phone, and opened up to his messages with Ralph. He wanted to ask if he's going to school today, because he is, and he doesn't want to be faced alone with questions of his disappearance.

Henry: Hey Ralph r u going to school today?

Henry sent the message, hopefully he didn't seem desperate. He decided to start his day, he groggily got off his bed and went through his closet to grab a blue hoodie with his signature yellow stripe, and a pair of ripped black jeans. He put them on, with struggle because his huge cast kept getting in the way, but he did it. He walked to the bathroom to brush his teeth. After he brushed his teeth, he walked downstairs to eat out of his favorite cereal Sweet Tweets. After he finished eating he went upstairs to check if his hair was the right kind of messy.

Henry brushed his hair and immediately messed it up, just to give it fluff. He thought he looked decent enough to go to school, so he headed down stairs, and headed out the door. He checked his phone to see if Ralph had responded to his text, fortunately he did.

Ralph: Yehs, we're going to meet at oeu usual spt rigbt?

Henry chuckled at the amount of spelling errors he had in his text.

Ralph: sorry i cant sperl

Ralph: speel

Ralph: SPERL

Ralph: SHIT SPELL

Henry laughed, How did Ralph even manage to spell everything wrong anyways?

Henry: LOL yeah same spot

Ralph: K cool

Henry put his phone back in his pocket as he started to walk to his bus stop. He wished he didn't have to wake up so early to go to the bus stop, but he's not lucky, because he goes on there all the time and hears kids complain how they've been on the bus for hours. He waited until his bus came. Once the bus came he sat at his usual spot, near the end of the bus, next to the window. Henry stared out the window as waited to go to school. He was asked by multiple people how he got the broken arm, or why wasn't here at school yesterday, even though taking one look at him, the reason is explanatory. Apparently a rumor has started that he died, and so when he went onto the bus, kids were relieved that he wasn't dead. They assumed that just because he wasn't in school for one day? Maybe he was more popular than he thought.

Once Henry made it to school he went over to his and Ralph's usual spot in the school's courtyard. He was there early, so he patiently waited for Ralph. He got a few people asking about his absence and his arm, Henry just told them it was a lot to explain, not wanting to go into the details about it. Henry decided the best way to ignore people is if he puts earbuds in, and pretends like he can't hear them.

Henry felt a familiar presence sit right next to him. He pulled out his earbud and looked to see who sat next to him. He looked over to see a bright red sweater, with its sleeves pushed up to their elbows.

"Hey Henry!" Ralph said, raising one of his bandaged up hands.

Henry's eyes widened. Henry observes Ralph's appearance, He had a big scratch on the right side of his cheek. He looked down to see both of his hands and arms bandaged up like he was mummy. The only skin he could see on his hands were his fingers, everything else was covered with bandages. Henry felt a wave of guilt wash over him.

Henry opened his mouth to say something, but nothing would come out.

"Before you say anything Henry, it wasn't your fault, and it will never be your fault, got that!" Ralph said, placing one of his hands on Henry's shoulder, staring at his deep green eyes.

"Right.." Henry responded, though he sounded unsure.

"I guess there's no need to ask how's your weekend, hahah"

Yeah their weekend was shit, it was supposed to be fun and exciting, but it turned out to be the opposite.

"So today's a B day, so that means we both have gym today, I hope I could participate in gym, I would really like to get my mind off of things"

"I agree on getting my mind off things, but I hate gym, I don't think gym is something I'll ever be into."

Ralph laughed as he playfully nudged Henry's shoulder. Henry was happy that Ralph was acting normal, and wasn't acting strange or anything, but Henry himself couldn't shake off the memories that happened on that night. He has a cast to remind him.

"I remember coming home yesterday, it was so late, I just wanted to sleep, but my mum was so worried about me, she treated me like a king for the rest of the night"

"Wait did you say night?"

Ralph seemed a little thrown off by the question.

"Yeah?"

"You got back to your home at night?"

"Well sunset."

"You got home later than me, I went home in the morning, did something happen?"

Ralph immediately remembered the awkward room he waited in before he got his scannings for his hand. Both of his newly divorced parents were there asking him if they were feeling alright. They apologized profusely, that they couldn't make it the first day of them being in the hospital, they also seeked answers. Ralph was happy the two were there, but the only thing he could remember was being filled with anxiety about his hand that wouldn't stop shaking.

"No, just my mum took a bit to pick me up, that's all."

"Oh, that's good to hear, I was starting to get nervous if something really bad happened."

Ralph cringed at that statement, he didn't want to tell him. If he did, Henry would never forgive himself, and would just blame himself for everything.

"How's your arm?"

Henry looked down at his cast. He almost forgot about it. He gets so worried about everybody else, he forgets about himself sometimes.

"Fine I guess, it's a bit annoying if you ask me."

Ralph laughed as he reached into his bag. Henry watched as they took out their purple pencil case, and unzipped it to take out a sharpie. Henry was confused with Ralph's sudden actions.

"Ralph what are you doing?"

Ralph held out his left hand, gesturing to Henry to give him his arm. Henry gave him his arm, as Ralph took the pleasure of being the first person to write on his cast.

"RALPH" was written on his cast, in huge letters. It wasn't neat like Ralph's usual handwriting, if anything it's a bit wiggly, but it's not on paper, so it must be harder to write.

"Thanks Ralph, now I'll always think of you wherever I go"

...Why did I say that? Henry rubbed the bridge of his nose with his good hand. He can't believe he said something so stupid.

"Good, 'cause I'm amazing, and something that should be thought about constantly!" Ralph joked.

Henry blushed, it's not like he doesn't think of Ralph wherever he goes. He's one of, if not the only person that can really make him happy in this world.

Henry and Ralph talked about common interests, Ralph made sure to stay away from the movie date topic, because the last thing Henry needs is a big reminder of everything that just happened.

RRIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG–

"Oh time to go to class already? I Feel like I just got here."

Ralph turned to look at Henry's chartreuse eyes.

"I guess being with you makes me lose track of time" Ralph laughed as he picked his bag up. Henry sat there watching Ralph pick up his bag, his face felt like it was on fire, He knew his face was red, he didn't need anybody to tell him. He has no idea why Ralph insists on saying things that he knows will make Henry flustered. Henry went to grab his bag before Ralph stopped him.

"Hey, let me grab that for you, your arm is broken, I don't believe you should be putting pressure on it."

Henry knew that he wouldn't be putting pressure on his arm because he'd be putting pressure on his shoulders instead, but why insist when he could spend more time with Ralph.

Henry blushed as he muttered an "Oh, okay" as he pushed himself off the bench.

As the two entered the building, as the two walked Henry realized something.

"Wait, isn't your class across the building?"

Ralph stared at Henry with his bright bluebell eyes.

"Yeah, but you're injured, the least I can do is help you out with your bag, besides my homeroom is super chill about everything."

"Yeah, but you're injured too, Ralph."

Ralph cringed, how could he forget that he's injured? Oh wait, he didn't. He just wanted an excuse to continue hanging around Henry, yeah that means he'll be late to class, but hell, you only live once.

"Yeah, but I'm not the one with a broken arm, am I?"

"You got me there"

Ralph lifted up Henry's bag, as the two started to walk to Henry's homeroom. They walked through the immense building, over crowded by weary students rushing to make it to their classes on time.

"-yeah, and I said it was stupid, so he dared to fight me, but then when I stood up, I guess my height scared him off." Ralph bragged.

"Wow, that's super hot- I MEAN cool, that's cool." Henry said, following by an embarrassed cough. He hoped Ralph didn't hear him say that, that would be absolutely mortifying.

"I know, it was pretty hot of me wasn't it?"

Henry stopped in place. Ralph smirked as he stared at his friend's flushed face. He looked very thrown off, and immensely humiliated. The only thing Henry heard from the lean brunette that stood in front of him bearing their bags was his trademark laugh.

"Henry c'mon it's not that big of a deal, I know you were joking." Ralph said, looking down at the red-faced auburn haired friend.

"Yeah, joking...right..hahaha" Henry mumbled the last bit, but picked up his pace to catch up to Ralph.

"Ugh, Ralph youre too fast!" Henry complained as he walked faster than his usual pace.

"You're just short," Ralph teased, throwing one of his hands in the air.

"HEY! First of all, I'm not that short, second of all, what does that have to do with anything?!" Henry pouted.

"You're like 5'5, you're below average height for a standard male, and second, since I'm taller, I can cover more ground than you idiot." Ralph snickered, with an ass-eating grin on his face.

"I'm 5'6, last time I checked, and you're just tall, tall-ass." Henry said crabbily.

"Whatever you say short-stuff."

The two laughed at how stupid all of that was, but as soon as Henry looked up, he was in front of his homeroom. Henry sighed as he turned to look up at his brunette friend.

"Thanks for walking me here, but I can take my bookbag into the classroom-"

"Nonsense! The whole point I came was to carry your bag, keeping you company was just the plus side to it all."

Henry blushed how Ralph thought hanging out with him was the plus side to this situation.

"Alright then, just follow me to my desk I guess"

Henry placed his good hand on the doorknob to his homeroom.

"HOLD UP! I can open that."

"Ralph, you're being overprotective at this point, I can open the door! I used my good arm, see!" Henry said while raising his good arm up to Ralph's face.

"I'm not being overprotective, I'm being the normal amount of protectiveness to my poor friend who broke his lil' arm." Ralph joked as he placed his hand on the doorknob.

Henry rolled his eyes as Ralph held the door open for him, Henry walked up to his desk as Ralph dropped his book bag by his side.

"Oh, how are you going to go to your other classes? Should I come early and pick you up?"

"Ralph, please, other people are in this room, they're watching us, and no, I can do this myself, and how would you leave class early to come pick me up by the time class ends?"

"First, no ones watching us, your homeroom teacher is just taking attendance, and I can just say I have to use the bathroom, but I just head to your homeroom instead."

How much Henry would love to hang out with Ralph more, they probably shouldn't do that, he doesn't want Ralph getting in trouble in every class if he does that.

"And you say you're not being overprotective." Henry said, lifting an eyebrow.

"I'M NOT!"

"Ralph, my teacher is eyeing you, just leave! We have other classes together, like lunch, PE, and algebra."

"Ugh fine, see you later, Freckle boy!"

Henry's face heated up, why does he insist on embarrassing him in front of people? Henry shook his head, he needed to focus, not think about him all day.

—-

Henry continued on with his day, it was like every other day, except now there were just random students asking him about his injury. Luckily Ralph was there to hang out with him throughout the day, and now it's 6-7th period, the last period of the day.

"I hope they let me participate in PE" Ralph said, holding their bandaged hand up in front of his face.

"I hope they don't let me participate, I doubt it, but I hope not, cause' I hate PE."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure everybody knows how much you hate PE. You would come up with the wildest excuses, ever since we were in Ashton Primary."

"It's crazy how Soggy Sid never believed me.."

"Totally, What evidence does he have to prove that you didn't get bitten by a vampire, and got thrown in a pit full of bears, mhm, yeah totally."

"HAHAHA shut up! I only used that once, when we were in Ms. Lovely's class."

"I still remember his face when you told him that...unforgettable." Ralph paused to remember that fond memory.

"You can't forget when you told him that you had the bubonic plague." Ralph added.

"SHUT UP! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU WERE ANY BETTER AT COMING UP WITH EXCUSES!"

"HAHAHA I never said I was, but unlike you I didn't have a new excuse for each class."

"It's not my fault they made PE the worst subject in ALL schools." Henry huffed as he crossed his arms.

"I find it fun, I like running around and exercising,"

"Yeah, but no one else but you and Al are gym rats. Besides, you just got into exercising and things like that."

"I realized I needed muscles to impress the guys y'know?"

"No, If a guy doesn't like you for whatever you look like, I don't think that'd be a good relationship."

"Well, I also like the look of muscles on me.."

"I mean, those biceps do look really good on you, though you're pretty lean."

Ralph felt his face redden. He can notice? It's not just a pigment of my imagination?

"hahaha, you checking me out Henry?"

Now it's Henry's turn to be embarrassed, Shit, he said too much again didn't he? Great, Ralph probably thinks he's weird for staring at his body so much..shit.

"Tch, no, if you don't want the compliment then you don't have to take it."

"No no, I'll take it, just very flattering, nobody has complimented me on my body before.."

"Well, make that the first."

Ralph felt his cheeks redden, Henry's so nice, he always knows how to make them feel better even without knowing they're hurting.

The two made it to the boys' locker room.

"Welp, i'm going to ask if I can participate in PE today, wish me luck!"

"Well, I'm going to go to the gymnasium, considering I'm not going to participate because of my injury. Good Luck!"

Ralph nodded before disappearing behind the boys' locker room door. Henry made his way to the gymnasium and he sat down on the bleachers, he took out his phone. He wished there was more he could do other than go on his phone, but whatever, he'd rather sit there and be bored than do work. Henry put his earbuds in and listened to his favorite tunes.

Some time has passed, and now one of the PE teachers was telling everybody in the gym to start walking, while he played music. He obeyed, and stood up and started walking. He always thought it was stupid how they made everyone have to walk around the gym before all the teachers were ready to start class. He gets that it's supposed to be exercising, but nobody ever wants to do it, besides they were going to be exercising anyway, during the actual class.

Henry watched as more students filled the gym, he wondered if Ralph was going to end up participating in the gym. Ralph mentioned about joining the debate team, but he doesn't know if he ended up following up on that idea. Ralph might have to use his persuasive skills to be able to participate.

Students filled the gymnasium by the second, and still no sign of Ralph. I guess he won't be able to participate, I mean that makes sense, just because he didn't break a bone, that doesn't mean his injuries aren't serious.

"Hey, Henry!"

Henry turned around to see Ralph's bright bluebell eyes stare down at him.

"Ralph!"

Henry looked down to see Ralph wearing the volleyball team T-shirt, and volleyball shorts. At least one of them takes a sport, Henry's eyes fall to stare at Ralph's arms, both bandaged up to their distal phalanx.

"They said I can participate, but that took some convincing though.." Ralph said, rubbing the back of his head while looking at one of the teachers.

"I mean, you're happy right?"

"Of course I am! I love participating in PE!" Ralph balled one his hands into a fist, and rose it up to his chest excitedly.

"You wouldn't be excited about participating in PE this much a few years ago.."

"SHUT UP!" Ralph yelled playfully. The two laughed and continued walking.

WHISTLEEEEEEEEEE-

The couch blew their whistle as everybody else walked into their positions. Henry shoved his phone into his pocket. Sadly, even though you will not be participating in PE they still have to walk to their destined spot. Every grade's couch took their attendance. Just one look at Henry and you know he's not participating.

"EVERYBODY TO THE BLEACHERS"

Everybody headed to the bleacher, and Henry knew that's where he's going to be, all of 6-7th period. His last period.

"Watcha looking at Henry" Ralph asked, staring down at Henry's phone.

Henry looked down at his phone, What was he staring at? He assumed that he didn't turn off his phone when he shoved it into his pocket, so he opened it up to see a pair of feet.

"BAHAHAHAHA didn't know you were into that kind of stuff Henry."

"I'M NOT, I JUST TOOK MY PHONE OUT AND IT LOOKS LIKE THAT DUMBASS!"

Henry embarrassedly exited out of Instagram, yeah he's not going on there for a long time, he could already tell.

"That's crazy Henry, why is your instagram feed like that?"

"It's not usually, I guess I shoved my phone into my pocket without turning it off first."

"I hate it when that happens, but usually it's not that bad."

"Well aren't you lucky."

"Mhm, lucky enough to be close friends with you. I feel like you don't like hanging around people as much as me hm?"

Henry felt his cheeks go red as he watched Ralph staring mindlessly at the coach. Wow, why was he so... Pretty, Henry you need to focus, you can just keep thinking about Ralph all day.

"Alright class, we'll be playing dodge ball today-"

Ralph raised his balled fists up to his chest in excitement. Henry watched Ralph shiver with excitement. Henry went onto his phone while the coach explained the rules.

One of their coaches raised their hand and yelled. "MY CLASS, WE'RE GOING UP FIRST!". Ralph bounced off the bleachers and ran over to their coach. Henry decided to put his phone down and watch the game. Ralph, and his other classmates, are going against the other junior class. He has to watch his class dominate the game.

"They're letting you play kid?" The coach asked, eyeing Ralph's bandages.

"Aye aye, Captain." Ralph said, standing up straight, and holding his head high.

The coach looked at him and sighed.

"Alright, but if you get injured you realize it's not the school's fault if you get injured."

"I'm aware.."

"Alright then, EVERYBODY GET TO YOUR SIDES!"

Henry watched as everybody made it to their sides of the gymnasium. The balls were set in the middle of the gym as everybody got ready to run.

"GO!!!"

Everybody ran to the balls in the middle to grab a ball. Henry watched as Ralph swiftly grabbed two balls, and ran back to the wall. Soon enough everybody was throwing balls at each other. People were getting out left and right. Henry watched as Ralph and Margaret made plans on how to get people out, and watched the two dominate at the game. Seems like everybody was having fun at least that's how everybody made it seem.

"Welp, I'm going to ask If I can participate in PE today, wish me luck!"

Henry shot up at the sudden memory of a few minutes ago. What if Ralph didn't get to play? What if they told him no? He would've been so disappointed.

This is all my fault, Ralph shouldn't be worrying if he could participate in PE today. If I wasn't stupid enough to take the wrong turn, none of this would've happened. Ralph shouldn't have gotten involved in the fight, I should've just been left there to die, because it seems like the only thing I'm good at is making everybody else's life miserable.

Henry felt his body start to shake, He didn't like where his brain was taking him. He couldn't breathe. He needed to leave.

Ralph kept trying to do things for me because I'm injured, but Ralph is injured too. I'm so selfish I let him carry my bag for me to my first class. He was late for his first class, because of me! I'm just a huge inconvenience to him. Why does he stick around me so much? Haven't I already proved that I am not somebody you should hang out with?! I'm just taking advantage of his kindness and I have nothing to give him back for it! I'm a horrible person, I always have been...That's why they call me Horrid Henry. I can't be anything but horrid.

Henry stood on shaky legs. He needed to get out. The gym is too crowded, he can't breathe. He felt his body move on its own. He ran to the boys' bathroom and ran into one of the empty stalls. Henry watched his hands shake uncontrollably. Why was he such a mess? He deserves nothing more but endless suffering.

Henry ran one of his shaky hands through his now sweaty hair. He wanted to rip his hair out, apologize to the world for being a huge waste of space. Everything seemed to go so easy today, so why now he was a mess? If his mother saw him like this, she would be so disappointed in him. She already is, but this just shows how much of a disappointment he is. Henry hyperventilated, trying to breathe, but no air came in.

Ralph threw one of the balls and hit Linda in the stomach. Ralph looked around to see if Henry saw that, but Henry was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, Margaret-"

Ralph dodged one of the balls that came darting to his face.

"Margaret, do you know where Henry went?"

"Isn't he there-"

She looked over at the spot that once Henry sat at.

"Oh, I saw Henry. He ran out of the gymnasium looking distressed." Gurinder said, poking her head in between the two.

"What?!"

Gurinder gave him a sympathetic shrug as she viciously threw a ball at Ian.

Henry looked distressed? Oh no. He better not let his thoughts get the best of him...

Ralph continued dodging balls, but he couldn't help but worry for Henry's going through.

"Henry, you better be alright.." Ralph said, heaving a ball at somebody's legs.

[Author's note: Thank you everybody for reading this! If you made it this far, CONGRATS! Because this was a long chapter, around 4166 words (not exactly, it used to be that amount before I edited it, so a lil more). Also I added a little easter egg, (I'll tell you what it is, but if you got it before reading this good job! Horrid Henry fan) Ian, was a character from the books, so If you noticed Inky Ian, good job. I also didn't beta read this so if you see any errors feel free to call me out on them. Thank you guys for reading this, Thank you for your comments, but I hope this was a fun chapter for you, a little angsty but y'know. I hope you have a nice day! P.S. tell me if I'm insane but on a scale out of 1-10 how likely are you to buy Horrid Henry fan made merch? 1 being, your absolutely insane I would never waste money on that and 10 being yes.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 14K 88
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
996K 32.9K 60
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
743K 35.1K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...