Believe It Or Not, I Already...

By jcsmth

There has been a lot of gossip in the upper circle of capital city lately. Rich anonymous 1: I heard that the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122 [END]

Chapter 117

125 6 0
By jcsmth

Mayor's Office.

Secretary Zhang knocked on the door of the office with a stack of documents, and then gently pushed it open. Behind the door, Mayor Chen was seriously working at his desk.

"Mayor, this is the latest urban planning information." Secretary Zhang put the documents in his hand in front of Mayor Chen.

Mayor Chen stopped his work, picked up the document and read a few lines. Afterward, he could not help but frown. It was about real estate construction again. Presently, real estate prices in the capital had reached a frightening high.

"Is there anything else?" Mayor Chen looked up after a while and found that Secretary Zhang had not yet left, so he asked.

"Mayor, Shen Weijun has come to study in the capital and wants to visit you," Secretary Zhang reported.

"Weijun is here in the capital?" Mayor Chen said with some surprise, "Let him come over."

"Yes." Secretary Zhang nodded. He turned around and went out to make arrangements.

Shen Weijun was Mayor Chen's first secretary. After staying with Mayor Chen for five to six years, he was transferred to a lower tier city as a county governor. Around eight years have passed now. Because of Shen Weijun's excellent political performance, he rapidly rose to the top, and was transferred to be the Mayor of Qingmu City just recently.

That's right, it was Joohyun's hometown for the past eighteen years. Qingmu City, along with Damu Village, the place where she constantly thought of repairing the roads.

Shen Weijun arrived quickly. After Secretary Zhang called, Shen Weijun rushed to the office in the same afternoon.

"Elder leader." Shen Weijun smilingly walked into the office.

"Weijun." Mayor Chen smiled, got up and greeted him.

Secretary Zhang brought in tea, and after Mayor Chen and Zhang Weijun exchanged pleasantries for a while, the two began to talk about the development plan of Qingmu City.

"Elder leader, you have no idea about my suffering, sigh. Qingmu City is located at the border, with the most jungles and mountains. Nowadays there are still a large number of villagers living in the deep mountains who can't get out." Shen Weijun complained, "Because of this, every time I go to the provincial meeting, I cannot hold up my head."

"Then what are you going to do?" Mayor Chen nodded with understanding.

"I came to the capital mainly to learn, and secondly to see if there is a way for me to apply for more funding." Shen Weijun said, "In order to get rid of poverty, we must first repair the road."

When Mayor Chen heard road construction, his thoughts turned and he continued to nod: "Your thinking is right, so do you have a specific plan?"

"I have two plans." Shen Weijun said, "One is to build the Panshan Highway from Qingmu City to Qingyang County all the way to the east. Once this road is completed, the poorest townships in Qingmu City will improve. The other is to build a road to the south, all the way to Shan'an County. If it is planned and developed there, it can be developed as a tourism industry."

Qingyang County? Mayor Chen remembered that Damu Village, where Joohyun previously lived, was part of this county.

"Then which one do you prefer?" Mayor Chen asked calmly.

"To be honest, I actually prefer the first plan, let the impoverished advance. However, it is estimated that it is difficult to achieve," Shen Weijun said with a wry smile.

"Why?" Mayor Chen raised his eyebrows.

"The first route is almost winding up to the mountains. The difficulty and cost of road construction are too high. Even if I don't consider the economic benefits brought by the road construction, the government's funds will still be insufficient. I have also considered whether it can be repaired by raising funds from the people, but the people along the way are really too poor." Shen Weijun remembered that when he first took office, he went to the mountains to inspect and saw those poor and backward villages. After returning, he wanted to build roads, but government funds just couldn't keep up.

"The previous mayors have also been trying to repair the roads, but in each planning, funding was always a few hundred million short. Finally, these funds were allocated to other places," Shen Weijun explained.

Mayor Chen nodded in deep thought.

Mayor Chen always remembered that when Joohyun first came home, he promised her that he would help inquire about road constructions, so after chatting with Shen Weijun today, Mayor Chen went home.

As the family of four sat down to eat together, Mayor Chen asked, seemingly casually, "Irin ah, do you still remember the road repair matter?"

"Yes, I've been saving money," Joohyun replied.

Saving money? How could a young girl save hundreds of millions?

Although Mayor Chen felt that his daughter certainly lacked this ability, he promised her something, so he still had to tell her the results: "Qingmu City just changed a mayor recently, and he is my former secretary."

Joohyun, who was engrossed in eating, perked up with surprise.

"It's Weijun, right?" Mother Chen guessed almost instantly.

"That's right." Mayor Chen nodded. "He came to study and came to see me, so I asked about the road construction there."

"What did he say? Is he going to build a road for us in Damu Village?" Joohyun said excitedly.

Chen Yang also stopped the chopsticks in his hand to look at his father.

"In fact, Qingmu City has always had the intention of building a road to Qingyang County, but the government's funding has been insufficient. Thus, the road construction matter has been brought up repeatedly, and then shelved," Mayor Chen said.

"How much money is missing? I'll just fill it up to them," Joohyun said with a heroism that almost touched the clouds.

The Chen family: How bold of you to say that.

Mayor Chen felt that he had to let his daughter recognize the reality, so he said, "The start-up capital for the first phase alone is 300 million short, and that's just the first phase."

"But as long as we can get the project started, then it's just a matter of time before the whole road is reconstructed." Chen Yang continued his father's words.

"Hmm." Mayor Chen nodded, but the problem was that you had to have the 300 million.

"300 million?" Joohyun also stopped eating. She put down the chopsticks and took her phone out to check her balance online, then could not help but frown.

Chen family members: You even have to check your bank balance. That's 300 million, ah. Do you have to check?

Joohyun swiped her phone again, and then clicked on the Metaphysics website. She counted the A-Level tasks pinned there, and then one by one, added up all the bonuses with her fingers.

Chen family members: 300 million ah. Counting on your fingers; our Irin must have been scared silly by 300 million.

Joohyun put down her phone suddenly, looked up and asked, "When I do get the money together, will they start the road construction?"

Chen family crowd: Is she not discouraged?

Mayor Chen coughed and persuaded her nicely, "Irin ah, I know that you have always wanted to build a road for Damu Village, but a winding mountain road can't be built by you alone."

"I don't plan to rely on myself alone. Didn't you say that Qingmu City is just short of 300 million yuan in start-up capital? I'll collect the 300 million, that's all." Joohyun asked methodically, "Once I collect the funds all together, when is the fastest possible time they will start constructing the road for Damu Village?"

Chen family members: Has this child gone silly, perhaps?

Although Mayor Chen felt that his daughter was a bit silly, he still spoke out and said, "They have always had this motion, but Weijun is studying in the capital lately. At least until he goes back home, this matter will not be finalized."

"Then when will he go back?" Joohyun asked immediately afterwards.

"Half a month later," Mayor Chen replied.

"Got it." Joohyun slapped the table and stood up, scaring the other three at the table. "You guys take your time. I'm going out to make money."

"..." The Chen family members collectively felt twitches around their mouths.

Mother Chen: "Irin, there's no rush in earning money. Finish your meal first."

Joohyun: "Time is running out. I want to make as much money as possible in this half month."

Father Chen: "If you don't eat, you won't have the strength to make money."

Joohyun: "The mere thought that I can build the road in half a month pumps me up."

Chen Yang was not as polite as their parents, and asked mercilessly: "Are you out of your mind? How are you going to earn 300 million?"

Father and Mother Chen both turned their heads and glared at their son. Although you are telling the truth, how can you say it straight?

Chen Yang: Hmph, don't you just want me to sing dirty? Now you're still blaming me for speaking.

Joohyun not only did not get angry, much less discouraged. Instead, she calmly responded: "I also didn't say I had to collect 300 million, ah."

The Chen family members quickly breathed a sigh of relief: She's still somewhat rational.

"I was planning to use this half month to earn another tens of millions."

The Chen family crowd immediately knitted their brows again: Has this child been possessed?

"I've already saved almost 200 million this year, then I'll earn a few more tens of millions, and if the rest is not enough, I'll ask a little from Third Brother."

Already saved nearly 200 million?????

The Chen family members were stumped. After a while, Chen Yang came back to his senses, carefully recalling how Joohyun checked her phone just now. Then, he asked with some uncertainty, "Have you... have you saved 200 million?"

"Yeah!" Joohyun replied and took out her phone again.

Swish! The three family members jointly gathered on Joohyun's side.

"What are you guys doing?" Joohyun said in confusion.

The Chen family members first made sure that the mobile banking app in Joohyun's hand was not a fake before making a gesture, "Log in."

Joohyun hummed in reply. In front of the three people, she entered her username and password, and then showed them the countless zeros they were about to lose count.

The series of zeros seemed to mock the three: Mortals, you know nothing about my master's ability to make money.

"You... how did you earn it?" As the mayor's wife, Mrs. Chen felt weak in the legs. Her daughter would not have broken the law, right?

Mayor Chen, on the other hand, was thinking about whether the Commission for Discipline Commission would give him a visit, knowing that his daughter suddenly had such a fortune.

On the contrary, Chen Yang, who had witnessed Joohyun catching ghosts, reacted immediately and asked, "You usually go out at night to catch ghosts. How much does it usually cost to catch one?"

"I recently took all the A-Level missions. It's as little as one million, or as much as 10 million," Joohyun answered.

The three Chen family members: "..."

Mayor Chen and his family could be said to be living in the most prosperous city and the best circle in China. But it was only at this moment did they realize that they hadn't actually seen much of the world.

"I'll have to take a few more missions, and I should be able to earn another 20 million this half month. I'll have Third Brother transfer me the rest of the money that's still missing," Joohyun said.

Mayor Chen, who was already numb to 20 million, asked dumbly, "That's a lot of money. Will Lisa give it to you?"

"Why not give it? Isn't what's his mine?" Joohyun asked rhetorically.

The Chen family members who were caught off guard were fed a handful of dog food.

Hence, half a month later, when Shen Weijun returned to Qingmu City, his first secretary ran over to tell him joyfully that there was an entrepreneur from Damu Village in Qingyang County who intended to donate 300 million to her hometown to construct roads.

Since the super awesome entrepreneur pointed out that it was to construct roads for her hometown, Damu Village, all leaders unanimously approved the first road construction plan at the working meeting held in Qingmu City. That's 300 million ah. Do they still have to extrapolate?

And for a long time after that, everyone in the Chen family lost their concept of money.

Thinking of her daughter's mind blowing 'fortune', Mother Chen asked her daughter one morning, "Irin ah, how much is the amulet you gave us?"

"They're not worth much."

The Chen family members: Good, good.

"I found the jade pendants myself. Their spirit qi is from Third Brother's yard, and the formation spell was made by Master Mao. I didn't spend a penny."

Father and Mother Chen: Good, good.

Chen Yang: "What if we take it to the market and sell it?"

"They're not worth much either."

The Chen family members: Good, good.

"Just several millions I guess."

!!!

The Chen family members: It's given by my daughter/sister. It's not counted as corruption or bribery, right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 335 12
After a very long war between four goddess from four nations, they decided to end the war peaceful and with that the war ended and the world is now i...
186K 5.5K 110
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
232K 2.8K 18
Bad at summaries but here's the best one I could do. Picture not mine. All rights to our favorite guy Rick Riordan. Plot is mine and that's it. Perc...
9.4K 208 16
Cold Steel and RWBY Crossover. GRAMMER AND I DO NOT GET ALONG. I will try my best but there will be missing punctuation if you can not handle that I...