Believe It Or Not, I Already...

By jcsmth

There has been a lot of gossip in the upper circle of capital city lately. Rich anonymous 1: I heard that the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122 [END]

Chapter 112

122 5 0
By jcsmth

After Elder Shen finished drawing his own formation, he stood anxiously in the center of the array, resisting the increasingly violent evil qi around him. His eyes locked on at the slowly converging spiritual line consisting of spiritual power under his feet.

Just a little bit more, just a little bit more, we're almost there!

"Be careful!" Joohyun suddenly shouted, running desperately toward Elder Shen.

"Poof!" A pitch-black long saber made of unknown material suddenly penetrated the ground, and along with the tip of the saber came a violent evil qi. Like lava spewing from a volcanic eruption, it devoured every piece of space it passed through with a destructive force.

"Shen Qingzhu!" Elder Wu and Joohyun watched as Elder Shen bore the brunt of it and was hurled out by the evil qi.

Just as Elder Wu was about to run over to check Shen Qingzhu's condition, he saw another tremor under his feet. A dark palm suddenly stretched out from the place where the long knife had just pierced. The majestic evil qi around began to spin rapidly, forming a huge vortex. The vortex blocked Elder Wu and prevented him from moving.

"I'll go." The evil qi didn't affect Joohyun, so she speedily bypassed Elder Wu and dashed toward the place where Elder Shen crashed .

Seeing that Joohyun had gone to save Shen Qingzhu, Elder Wu immediately dodged and shouted to the other Celestial Master Chen around him, "Get out everyone. The drought demon is coming out."

All the Celestial Masters had already sensed that something was wrong, and when they heard Elder Wu's shout, they immediately turned around and ran outside the Coiled Dragon Array.

Joohyun passed through the vortex, crossed the zombie palm sticking out from the ground, and ran forward in a few steps. Soon, she saw Elder Shen who was ejected by the evil qi, with blood dripping from the left corner of his mouth.

"Master Shen, let me take you out." Joohyun helped Elder Shen and turned to walk outside the array.

"N-No..." Elder Shen struggled and refused to move. He pointed to the center of the array and said, "The Coiled Dragon Array...has not started yet."

Joohyun looked behind her and found that on the ground covered by red evil qi, a complex line of spiritual power was faintly shining with spiritual light... against all odds, they finished drawing the Coiled Dragon Array.

"I... I'm going to..." Elder Shen struggled to move forward to activate the array.

"Boom!"

The drought demon underground got a little impatient, and withdrew the long saber, followed by another punch, which directly blasted away the soil covering the top of his head. Then two palms stretched out from the hole, grabbed the ground, and then he stuck his head out.

"I'll go!" Joohyun gritted her teeth. She released Elder Shen, turned, and ran quickly to the center of the array.

Because it took Joohyun a lot of spiritual power to set up the array earlier, she was afraid that her spiritual power was not enough to activate the array. To be on the safe side, she took out the Green Spirit Hairpin that Lisa left for her when he left. Seeing that drought demon was about to crawl out of the ground, Joohyun lunged forward. She scampered toward the demon, stuck behind his head, and inserted the Green Spirit Hairpin into the center of the array.

"Bzzz!"

With a soft click, the Coiled Dragon Array was activated. The spiritual power strung the crisscrossing array diagrams together, and the surrounding spirit qi also began to converge through the evil qi toward the center of the array.

It's done. Joohyun raised her head. Who would have thought that she'd be caught off guard by a pair of bloodshot eyes?

"It's you!" The drought demon opened its mouth, and a foul odor blew by, which was a thousand times stronger than the evil qi. Joohyun almost fainted.

Joohyun held her breath and used a lot of willpower to prevent herself from passing out. She then tapped the Green Spirit Hairpin with her right hand and sent it into the ground. She followed it with her left hand as she propped up the ground and rolled over.

"Boom!"

Joohyun narrowly avoided the fist that the drought demon swung. She stood up and ran out non-stop.

"Go!" Joohyun caught up with Elder Shen who hadn't gone far and pulled him to continue running outside.

"Whoosh!"

When they were almost outside the array range, Joohyun heard a strange sound behind her. She reflexively pushed Elder Shen to the right and dodged to the other side. The split second the two separated, a long saber with a length of more than one meter swished between them, and then sank into the earth's surface.

Dang!

Even though Joohyun was far from it, the malevolent murderous aura still gave her the goosebumps. However, it also gave Joohyun the perfect opportunity to get rid of the weapon. She rose to her feet and went to pull the drought demon's long saber, trying to bring it away from the barrier.

"Om!!"

The long saber shook, and a constant stream of evil qi passed into Joohyun's body through her palm. However, she was totally unaffected. The drought demon seemed to have sensed this, so he coldly snorted. What followed was a turbulent killing intent suddenly bursting out from the saber.

Someone could have thought Joohyun died when she released a blood-curdling scream from the killing intent. By the time she let go, her hands were already bloody.

At this point, the drought demon finally crawled out from the ground. He stood there, coldly looking at Joohyun, then he raised his right hand. The long saber that Joohyun struggled to draw out for a long time, whooshed and flew back. The drought demon pointed at Joohyun with the tip of the saber, and his evil qi and murderous aura boiled to its peak in unison.

Does he recognize me? Joohyun was stunned.

"Why are you standing still? Why aren't you escaping quickly?" While Joohyun was in a stupor, Elder Wu suddenly rushed in and dragged her out in time.

Just as the two of them ran out of the array, a blood-red saber qi, blazingly flew towards them.

"Boom!" The golden light from the Coiled Dragon Array flashed and managed to block that blow from the drought demon.

When Joohyun glanced back and saw the saber, she broke into cold sweats. H-How were they supposed to counter this attack power?

"Irin, a-are you all right?" Elder Shen asked as something helped him over.

"I'm fine." Joohyun shook her head in shock.

"Fortunately, we started the Coiled Dragon Array in time," Elder Shen said with relief.

"But..." Perfected Hua Xie, who rushed toward them, pointed to the drought demon in the center of the array who was wielding his long saber in an attempt to destroy the array. "The array doesn't seem to have the desired effect."

Everyone was petrified. They turned to look at the mighty and raging figure of the drought demon inside the magical barrier. It was as if he was suppressed by the array by half only.

"What's going on?" Elder Shen began to wonder if they had drawn the wrong array. "Is there something wrong with the array?"

"There is no problem with the array." Joohyun said briefly, "It's because of insufficient spirit qi. The spirit qi in the sky and the earth is too scarce, so the Coiled Dragon Array lacks enough spirit qi to support it and cannot exert its maximum power."

"Then what should we do?" Today was the end of the Metaphysics era, and the lack of spirit qi was a natural phenomenon. They now knew the cause, but they couldn't rock the world ah.

"Inject spiritual power into the array," Elder Wu said. He took a step forward, raised his hand and stuck it to the array's magical barrier. He then injected spiritual power into the array through his palms.

Hearing this, the bigwigs stretched out their palms. Joohyun also followed suit and put her palm on it. However, the instant her palms landed, the drought demon, who was fighting against the spiritual power inside the Coiled Dragon Array, seemed to have sensed something. He suddenly turned his head, rushed toward them, and menacingly slashed at Joohyun.

Joohyun was startled and took a step back.

"Boom!" The drought demon's strike was once again blocked by the magical barrier. A pair of cold, bloodshot eyes stared intently at Joohyun, embodying a viper staring at its prey.

Joohyun coldly shivered and once again affirmed that the drought demon recognized her.

"Irin!" Elder Wu glanced back at Joohyun.

Joohyun snapped back to her senses, and then blushed with shame. It turned out that when the drought demon wielded his weapon just now, the eight grandpas didn't move a muscle. Only Joohyun herself subconsciously retreated.

Joohyun blushed, stretched out her hands and stuck them again. She made up her mind that no matter what happened this time, she would not take a step back.

It seemed that the drought demon was more competitive than Joohyun. He slashed at the place where Joohyun was, tirelessly delivering slash after slash. More and more evil qi gathered at the magical barrier. The diffused evil qi filled the whole sky above Qingmang Mountain and kept the sun from shining down.

Joohyun gritted her teeth and used all her strength to resist the killing intent that almost manifested, insisting that she would never take a step back.

After the drought demon delivered slashes dozens of times and found that he could not break the magical barrier, he abruptly stopped moving. He turned and looked toward the eye of the array, and then a sneer surfaced at the corner of his mouth.

His clothes that had long been corroded; his dark and dry face; his bloodshot eyes, along with that strange sneer made the drought demon look incredibly terrifying.

"I remember you..." The drought demon looked at Joohyun. His voice rang like a rusty gear, and every word he said was ear-splitting: "It's you who sealed me."

Of the nine people, how did you recognize me? It's all my fault for being overly beautiful. Joohyun couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"I told you. When I wake up, I'm going to chew you up and swallow you one bite at a time," the drought demon said viciously, word for word.

Come on, are you referring to three centuries ago? You can still remember things three centuries ago. Aiyo, your memory is quite admirable. What kind of talent can let things survive by force?!!

"Wait till I come out." The drought demon smirked, turned around with his saber, and slowly walked toward the eye of the array.

What is he going to do? Joohyun looked up nervously, only to see the drought demon walking to the hole he had just climbed out of. He then kneeled down on one knee, and after a careful examination, he suddenly plunged his saber into the ground.

The Green Spirit Hairpin! Joohyun immediately remembered that the Green Spirit Hairpin she just used to activate the array was buried there.

"He found the array eye. Protect the array eye quickly." Joohyun shouted anxiously. She mobilized the spiritual power around her body and continuously injected it into the array eye.

The rest of the masters also sent their spiritual power towards the array eye.

Hence, before the long saber touched the Green Spirit Hairpin, a golden barrier protected the top of it.

The drought demon didn't seem to be in a rush. The cultivation of the girl in front of him was far less than three centuries ago, and the Coiled Dragon Array was not fully activated. Although he couldn't leave the magical barrier, the array didn't restrict his actions. As long as he destroyed the eye of the array...

The drought demon drew out his long saber, raised his hand, and stabbed down again with all his might.

"Bbzz~~" The Coiled Dragon Array shook a bit.

The drought demon then backed away, raised his hand, exerted himself, and finally pierced the barrier with one slash after the other.

Oh no!

A look of despair, knowing that something terrible was about to happen, surfaced on the faces of all the masters. They watched as the drought demon raised his hand again, exerted force, and stabbed down with another strike.

"Dang!" After that clap, a seven-colored spiritual light suddenly shot out from the ground. The seven-colored spiritual light burst through the blood-red evil qi, passed through the magical barrier, and spanned across the Qingmang Mountain like a rainbow.

After the spiritual light stabbed the drought demon, his blood red eyes suddenly closed, and his evil qi stagnated. He suddenly ran at a faster speed. He held the saber in both hands and pressed down hard.

With the shattering of the Green Spirit Hairpin, the seven colorful spiritual lights instantly dissipated. The Coiled Dragon Array trembled slightly, and the magical barrier immediately disappeared. The spiritual lines emitting spiritual power on the ground also dimmed one after another.

What should we do?

This was everyone's common thought when they saw the drought demon raise his legs.

"Let's fight!" Yan Chongming drew his peach wooden sword out and pointed it at the drought demon. The rest of the bigwigs also took out their magic weapons with his lead.

Elder Wu turned to Joohyun and said, "Give me the compass and the Soul Summoning Bell."

Joohyun gave them to Elder Wu without thinking.

"Leave now!" Elder Wu took the tools and said to Joohyun.

"What?!" Joohyun looked up in surprise.

"Go!" Elder Wu extended his hands and pushed Joohyun in a panic, urging her to hurry and leave Qingmang Mountain. "It's useless for you to stay here."

"Crack!" The tip of a saber cut through the rocks on the hillside, emitting a piercing sound. The drought demon turned around and walked slowly towards Joohyun.

Joohyun was aware of the drought demon's intentions. Thinking of what he had said to her just now, she immediately understood that he was taking revenge and wanted to kill her first.

Joohyun glanced at the eight masters on the hillside who were exhausted but still regarded death as home. After a little weighing inwardly, she made up her mind. She turned her head and said to Elder Wu: "Old Man, if I die, remember to ask Master Shen for the Spiritual Pearl. Collect all six spiritual artifacts to help my Third Brother clear his evil qi."

"What did you say?" Elder Wu asked with a frown.

Joohyun did not expound any further. With a turn, she ran quickly down the mountain. Almost at the same time, a black shadow wrapped in evil qi swept past Elder Wu and chased after her. The moment he realized what it was, Elder Wu's face immediately turned ashen. His liver and guts split as he looked at the two figures chasing each other on the mountain range. Without thinking, he stretched his legs and chased after them!

"Irin!"

Elder Wu didn't hear the conversation between the drought demon and Joohyun, so he didn't know why he went after Joohyun alone. At this time, he was extremely regretful. If he had known that Joohyun would be the drought demon's first target, he wouldn't have asked for the compass and the Soul Summoning Bell.

Fortunately, Joohyun grew up in the mountains and had a lot of experience in running on the mountain paths. She was quick to her feet, so the drought demon was not able to catch up.

But the drought demon was a zombie. He could chase tirelessly, but Joohyun couldn't. She had consumed a lot of spiritual power, and after running for a long time, her stamina gradually gave way.

The distance between one person and the drought demon was getting closer and closer. The drought demon raised his hand and stabbed Joohyun in the leg.

"Swish!"

The clang of golden weapons clashing sounded behind Joohyun.

She was swept by a gust of wind that accompanied the long saber. She staggered and fell to the ground. When she looked back, she found an incomparably familiar bronze sword staying between her and the drought demon.

"Third Brother?" Joohyun knew that Lisa was coming.

"Boom!" On cue, Lisa suddenly appeared from the bottom of the hill. He raised a leg and kicked the drought demon, sending the surprised zombie flying.

Lisa turned to check Joohyun. When he found her wretched appearance as well as her bloody and dusty hands, his expression turned horribly abnormal. He gripped the Bronze Sword and ran toward the direction where the drought demon was kicked away to kill him.

The two individual evil qi that almost materialized collided.

It was a drought demon VS a drought demon.

The author has something to say.

Young Wu, who had already grown into middle-aged Wu, did not believe in Hua Miao disappearance, so he killed his way into the Underworld with wounds all over.

At the Ghost Gate, he met Niu Tou and Ma Mian who had returned from capturing a soul.

Middle-aged Wu viciously looked at Niu Tou and Ma Mian: Where is she?

Niu Tou & Ma Mian: This is the Ghost Gate. Only ghosts are here, no living person.

Middle-aged Wu: Where's the demon?

Niu Tou & Ma Mian: After a demon dies, his soul will immediately disappear.

Middle-aged Wu was furious and fought Niu Tou & Ma Mian to death.

Although Middle-aged Wu escaped from the Underworld safely, he never saw his beloved lady again.

Niu Tou & Ma Mian lost a soul because of this matter. Now that he was suffering a career Waterloo, Niu Tou & Ma Mian took the chance to rise to the top.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 43.6K 149
"ကျွန်တော် သူ့ကို လက်ထပ်ချင်တယ်" "သခင်လေးဖန် သူက ချမ်းသာတဲ့ ဒုတိယ မျိုးဆက်၊ တည်ထောင်သူမိသားစုရဲ့ တတိယမျိုးဆက် ပြီးတော့ မြို့တော်မှာ မြင့်မြတ်ပြီး ကျေ...
13.8K 326 14
(Y/N) Eucliffe is Sting's younger sister. She was 10 when she was separated from her brother. She is now 17 and currently looking for a guild. She wa...
7.5K 540 13
"I know you somewhere out there." #SaTzu4life
189K 8.7K 37
Being a parselmouth, Harry is hired by all of the Dragon Sanctuaries. His new job: to travel the world, check on all the dragons, talk to them and le...