Adrift ~Book 1 || β€’PJMβ€’ (Rewr...

By Ravendipity

|| π’π‚πˆπ„ππ‚π„ π…πˆπ‚π“πˆπŽπ 𝐁𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐔 || Park Jimin was never noticed by his peers. Lonely and afraid... More

Pilot
The Girl On Ganymede
Reunion
A Tale of Two
Valor
The Red Planet
The Battleship
Attack on Bangtan
Exit Strategies
λ‹€μ‹œ
Him
Jimin's "Date"
Jeon Jungkook
The Boyfriend
Sabotage
Intimacy
"Dancing"
Petrified
"Stay"
Kim Seokjin
Jimin's Angel
Passion and Desire
Kim Taehyung
Circles
The Tragedy
Ache and Loss
Jimin's Decision
Make Outs and... War?
Min Yoongi
Roses
The First Fight
The Silent Treatment
Serendipity
Remedy
A New Ally?
Unwanted Visitors
Lost
A Daring Escape
Ganymede
All Good Things... (Part 1)
All Good Things... (Part 2)

Mr. L/N

38 5 0
By Ravendipity

~00:59~

"You're speaking to Captain Park Jimin of the Moonchild, and you will not get away with what you did."

You stand there in amazement, tears still streaming down your face. You come back up to the bridge and that's the first thing you hear: Jimin claiming himself as the captain of the crew. He always was, but you knew he wouldn't accept it until he verbally said it. Now he has. You don't know what you feel right now. About anything. Ganymede, your home, is under attack. It's blurring your senses until you can't even bring yourself to react to Jimin's self-acceptance.

"Jimin," Jungkook whispers, and Captain Park nods. "We're here, we don't have time for this."

"My my, so bold. Surely we can talk about this. After all, you killed some of my people as well," a man's voice replies. A familiar man's voice replies.

Your blood freezes inside your veins, your body going stiff at his voice. Why the hell is your father here, talking to the crew? Your lower lip quivers, another tear falling down your cheek. "In case you forgot, your people shot first, not the other way around," Jimin replies, his left eye twitching as he digs his nails into his palms.

"Yet we came back with more causalities."

"Good," Jimin says. You finally snap back to your senses and step forward, anger radiating off your body. Your footsteps echo in the room. The crew turns to face you as you force your way past Jimin and Jungkook. "Y/N, wait-" Jimin tries, but you interrupt him.

"What the fuck are you doing?" you ask, a huff forcing itself out of your nostrils. There's static for several seconds before a short breath is heard.

"Y/N? Y/N, is that you?" he asks, his voice gentler than you remember.

"Yes, now answer my question. You've seen the news, right? The Belt is attacking Ganymede. Tell me you're doing something!"

"We were a little preoccupied with that escape pod trick I'm assuming you caused. We investigated Neptune and found so much. These alien creatures, they're the biggest threat right now. Not Earth, not Mars, not even the Belt can compare to this. It's so deadly, Y/N. Before Yeonjun left Ganymede, he told me he was researching a new potential alien life. My goal is to find him, and I want you to come with me."

You go still for a moment, and you feel Jimin's eyes burning on the back of your head. "Yeonjun? Is... is he okay? I haven't spoken to him in a while."

"Last I checked he was fine, but that was two months ago. Besides, that's not what matters right now. You need to get away from your crew and come with me."

"Unfortunately you can't stop me from making my own decisions. We're going to find out what happened, and we're going to stop it before it can harm the rest of the solar system." He laughs in return. Jimin comes up behind you, standing next to you. He glances at you, trying to get your attention, but you keep your eyes on the comm panel.

"The rest of the solar system might not be around by the time you finish that journey. I contacted you to make a deal."

"Why would we ever want to make a deal with you?"

"Y/N," Jimin says sharply, which finally makes you look back at him. He gives you a stern expression, and you cower away, getting the message. Right. He's the Captain. He makes those decisions, not you. You get behind him again, and he clears his throat. "What is this deal?"

There's a pause. Static fills the silence until you find yourself getting goosebumps. "Return my daughter to Ganymede, and I can guarantee the rest of the crew's safety. However many there are-"

"No. Turn it off," Jimin interrupts. Just as Hoseok is about to comply, your father lets out an exasperated sigh.

"Wait, wait. Hear me out."

"I'm not turning Y/N over to you. That's that."

"Your crew is at risk not only to the war, but to alien life as well. I would keep Y/N safe, she just wouldn't be with the crew."

"Exactly. Even if you're telling the truth and you would hold up your end of the bargain, you're responsible for the death of my fath-" Jimin breaks off, taking a shaky breath and clearing his throat. "You are responsible for the death of Captain Kim Namjoon. I refuse."

"One life for the rest of your crew. That's a poor decision, maybe Namjoon made a mistake making you captain."

Jimin goes silent, and from your angle, you can see he's turning red. "You do not get to say his name," he whispers. For a moment, you're genuinely scared of Jimin. You've never seen him so angry. What's even worse is that he's not yelling or screaming; he still seems completely in control.

"Please, she's my daughter, I need her. I want to see her again," your father tries, but Jimin brushes it off.

"I won't let her go."

Your father stays silent for a few moments, then starts to chuckle. "Oh, is my fatherly instinct right? Have you come to care for the girl?"

Jimin's nails dig deeper into his palms. "She has a name."

"Yes, Y/N, is she someone you care for?" your father asks. You can hear the drawl in his voice from his time on Mars.

"Y/N and I's relationship has nothing to do with this. I'm looking at this logically. I'm not trading one member of my crew for a chance of safety from the same people who murdered our Captain. You're nothing more than a monster. Cut him out, Hoseok." Your father tries desperately to get Jimin back, but he doesn't answer. He whips around and storms out of the room, not giving either you or Jungkook a glance.

Hoseok cuts the connection, and as soon as he does, Jungkook clears his throat. "Set us down on Kepler, Baekhyun."

The Pilot hums and takes you towards it, the Moonchild wobbling as you get closer. You, on the other hand, don't focus on the landing. Jimin's more important. So, you head onto the bridge and approach the Captain. You'll admit that you're slightly angry that he cut you off, but at the same time, you understand. You were out of line. He may be your father, but this is Jimin's crew. Jimin accepted that. Although everything is going fast, you need to accept it too. It's no longer you alone on Ganymede. You're with people. Good people.

You don't say anything, you only go to him as the others crowd the cockpit, whispering about what just happened. Jimin stands in front of a table, peering down at the controls but not touching them. He seems deep in thought. You gently place your hands on the surface and gaze down at the controls as well, thinking over everything that happened.

Only a few minutes ago you were laughing and happy. You were curled up against Jimin, smiling and kissing. The two of you even had sex for the first time together. You're amazed at how this day has gone. It goes from so much fun to this. Your father appearing out of no where isn't exactly something you're happy about, but hearing his voice again? It gave you a surprising comfort. He's awful to you and you know that, but something about it calmed you for a moment. Regardless, you wish you had a normal father. A normal life.

"You should have taken the deal," you mumble.

He snaps his eyes over to you, his pupils expanding. "Why?"

"He's right. One life for the entire crew. I know my father. He has connections, both of us would be safe," you reply, unable to meet his irises.

"Would I ever see you again?" he whispers, his voice cracking at the end. You don't answer; you keep your body straight, pointing toward the table. So does he. After another minute of silence, he sighs. "I'm sorry."

"I was out of line. Don't apologize, you had every right to snap at me."

"Doesn't mean I had to be so harsh."

"We all have a lot on our minds right now. All that pent up emotion..." You trail off, but he gets the point. A little too much seeing as Jimin freezes at your words, and that's when you know. He's hiding something. He knows you see it and momentarily panics. Before you can ask what, he holds up his hand.

"I sent a message to my family."

Your eyes snap open, and you shift your gaze to him. "When?"

"A few hours ago. I wanted to tell you before, but I wasn't sure how."

"Did they reply yet?"

"I doubt the message even got to them yet. It might take a few hours, then a few hours for a response... if they give me one." His voice lowers more and more by the second, his eyes deflating with his posture.

"Jimin..."

"When your father mentioned Namjoon, I... something snapped inside me. He was the only family I thought I had left. When he... he..." He breaks off, and you wait for him to dial down. "I needed some time. I wanted something to make me happier. Anything."

"I felt the same way. But I'm always here for you, Jimin."

"I know you're always here for me. I appreciate that more than you can imagine, but..."

"There's some things I can't help you with," you whisper, and he slowly nods.

"And I know it goes both ways, which is why I didn't tell you before we, uh..."

"Fucked?"

"Y/N!"

You snicker, playfully elbowing his arm. Although embarrassed, he seems grateful for the moment of peace within the storm. "You don't have to explain to me. I understand," you say, locking eyes with him.

"How did I get so lucky?"

You give him a soft smile before placing your hand on his cheek and kissing him. He kisses you back, closing his eyes in-sync with yours. There's no noise in the room, simply you and him, standing in the middle of the bridge with your lips pressed onto each other's. After a few seconds, you pull back and meet his stare.

"I'm sorry that considering the whole situation, we can't really go on any dates," he whispers.

"We'll find a way. Whether it be candles and crappy music in the dining hall or a museum on Ganymede, we'll find a way. I know we will."

"We have each other's backs," he says with a cheeky smile.

"Always," you whisper back, and you give him another peck before completely backing away. "Now, I think it's time to gear up."

"Oh, wait, before we do anything, I wanted to give you something," he says, and you raise a brow.

"You wanted to give me something?"

He dips his head in a nod. "Stay here, I'll go get it."

You don't protest as he dashes down into the bay and goes to the main ladder, climbing up it. You watch in admiration as the boy uses his small legs to traverse the ladder. You can't help but stare. Everything about him entrances you. Sure, it's early in your relationship, but you can already tell that you're falling in love with him. You only hope he feels the same.

"You two look good together," Jungkook says from behind you.

You jump, placing a hand over your heart and letting out a long breath. "Jesus you sneak up on people. How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to know that the two of you are my new otp," Jungkook says in a sing-songy voice, which isn't a surprise. Back on Ganymede, Jungkook used to tell you tales about how he wanted to be a singer. Every month, Jungkook used to sing to you while you were cuddling. If only he had a chance to explore his singing career, he'd be popular due to his talent.

You laugh. "I'm surprised you know what that means."

He fakes a look of hurt, his lips going pouty. "My entire career was built off of gathering information and being smart I'll have you know."

"I know, Kook." You pause, fiddling with your fingers. "You really think we look good together?"

"Oh I know so. Just through the way you look at each other, and the way Jimin defended you in there was a key factor too."

"He would do that for anyone, you know how much he cares about people."

"Well, sure, but not that passionately. He didn't want to let you go, no matter what."

You peek up, your lips slowly spreading into a smile. "Well, in that case, thank you, Jungkook. I'm glad we're friends again."

He returns your smile. "Me too. It feels good to have you back, Y/N." The two of you lock eyes, his expression growing somber. Yours does the same.

"About Triton. What you were going to say to me..." His smile falters, but you keep speaking. "I know you still feel bad about everything that happened between us. There's nothing I can say except I forgive you." He goes stiff, you taking a step closer. "I really do. Now it's up to you to forgive yourself."

You give him a warm smile that he's quick to return, appreciation glistening in his eyes. The two of you grin at each other for a few more seconds before you hear Jimin's loud footsteps coming up to the bridge. You turn around in time to see him approaching you, out of breath, and holding something behind his back.

"Ready for your present?" Jimin asks.

"I haven't had a present in over a year, so yes I am so ready."

He hesitates, nibbling on his plump lower lip before moving his hand out from behind his back to reveal the mystery object It's the scanner. The sight of the gorgeous machine makes you almost say 'I love you'. The little scanner that can turn into a portable planetarium. He's really giving that to you?

"Jimin," you whisper, strolling forward and tracing your fingers over the machine.

"I-I know it's not much, and we've already used it before, but-"

You cut him off by kissing him. His eyes jump at your actions, his body going into shock. You pull away and laugh, grabbing the scanner and holding it against your chest. "It's beautiful, Jimin. Thank you. Now whenever I want to see the sky, I can see it from my room," you say, hoping your expression calms his nerves.

"You like it?" he asks, letting out a breath.

"I love it."

"Oh thank God. When I made it, I realized that I didn't have much use for it after I showed you, so I thought you would like it."

"Your instinct, as always, was right."

"I'm sorry, am I missing something?" Jungkook asks, raising a brow at the scanner.

You chuckle before turning it on. It buzzes to life and flies out of your hand to the center of the room. "It's too bright in here to work properly, but you'll get the gist," Jimin explains as the colors burst out of the machine.

Jungkook watches as the ceiling turns into Earth's sky, and the ground turns into grass. His eyes widen, and he peeps around for a few seconds before locking eyes with Jimin. "You made this?" Jimin nods. "Out of a scanner?" He nods again. "Jesus Christ, no wonder why you're the Captain. I don't think I've ever met someone as creative as you, Jimin." Jimin gets shy at the compliment but thanks him nonetheless.

"We're docked. Whoever's on this station let us in no problems," Baekhyun says, strolling onto the bridge.

"Alright. Crew, gather round," Jimin calls, and everyone quickly obeys, gathering on the bridge. He takes a deep breath. "This could be very dangerous, but I already know that everyone is dedicated. Stick together, keep comms on at all times, gear up and have your rifles ready. I'm not taking any chances, not after Namjoon. I'm not losing another person here, understood?" The crew agrees. "Good. Gear up. Taehyung, a word in private?"

The boy is taken off guard but doesn't disagree. You chuckle, giving Jimin a nudge as the rest of the crew starts heading to the bay to gear up. As soon as you're alone with him and Jungkook, you pull on his hand. "You're doing well."

He gives you the softest look you've ever seen from him. "So are you," Jimin says, Jungkook making a gagging noise. Both you and Jimin take turns giving Jungkook offended expressions, but the bunny boy only cackles at your expense.

After staring at Jimin for another few seconds, you take Jungkook's arm and go down into the bay to gear up.

~1:07~

Taehyung stands tall in front of Captain Park, but Jimin makes no comment on it, him making sure everyone is in the bay before he clears his throat. Tae sets his shoulders a bit stiffer as soon as Jimin goes to speak. Jimin's lower lip twitches at the sight. The last thing he wants is for Tae to be nervous or scared around him.

"You just joined the crew and you just got off of Triton. Such an awful place. I'm so sorry," Jimin says.

Taehyung bows his head. "I dealt with it." Jimin gives him a knowing look, and Taehyung sighs. "I miss them. My family, I mean." Jimin hesitates, then places his hand on Taeyhung's shoulder. Tae sniffles, cursing at himself for getting emotional, but Jimin stays quiet. "My grandmother was one of the victims. She practically raised me."

Jimin keeps himself silent as Taehyung mourns. Jimin isn't sure how to handle all these new emotions coming in at once. The pain from Namjoon is still fresh and beats him up more every day. The pressure of having to lead a crew in dangerous situations. His growing adoration and possible love for Y/N. He's not sure how to process it. So, he does the best he can to push it down until the mission is over. All he can do is suppress the emotions until he has time to sort them out. That's when it hits him, and his body goes still.

He finally knows what Namjoon went through when he was captain.

Jimin swallows what's left inside his mouth and gives Taehyung a grin. "If you don't want to come with us, I understand. It's been a rough journey for you. No one would hold it against you."

Taehyung considers this, then shakes his head. "No. I need to find out what happened. For Triton. For my family. I would never forgive myself for hiding in a situation like this."

"I can respect that. Please stay close. I'll try not to make the same mistakes your previous leader made." Taehyung glances up and gives Jimin a wide, boxy smile, his eyes lighting up in amusement.

Jimin returns the smile, giving the boy a clap on the shoulder before navigating down to the bay, Taehyung hot on his heels to join the others. Everyone is gearing up, checking to make sure their magazines are fully loaded and ready to go. "Bring extra rounds," Jimin says. The crew, now including Tae, nod and get to work on loading some extra. Good. They'll need it.

Jimin's eyes wander the space until he locates Jungkook and nods to himself, heading over to the Intelligence Officer. "Jungkook," Jimin calls, and the boy peeks up and raises a brow.

"Yes sir?"

Jimin's taken aback by the use of the word 'sir', but forces his nerves down. "I wanted to thank you for fixing the satellites. You really didn't have to."

Jungkook shrugs it off. "I wanted to. Plus, I'm not the one you should thank. Jin, Taehyung, and Seulgi are the real heroes. Seulgi for fixing the dish, Jin for putting up with my whining, and Taehyung for identifying the problem."

Jimin snickers, then motions to Taehyung. The boy is speaking to Y/N and Seulgi, using his hands to talk while the girls laugh at his antics. "Him and Jin are really proving their worth, huh?" Jimin asks, but it's more of a statement.

"I'll say. They're really starting to impress me. Taehyung seems nice too, so there's that."

"What, Jin's not nice?" Jimin asks, slightly smirking.

Jungkook chuckles, letting his eyes wander over to Jin. "He's... something."

Jimin watches Jungkook strap the gear around his body and raises both his brows. Jungkook's cheeks are dull, which isn't normally a concern, but they're about to board the craft that could've possibly manufactured or met alien life. Jimin would've expected a small tint. Maybe Jimin's too nervous and he should relax. Regardless, Jimin can't help but be concerned.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jimin asks, which Jungkook pauses at.

"I'll be alright, yeah. Thanks for asking."

Jimin steps a bit closer, Jungkook's form seeming to shrink at that. When's the last time you've slept?"

Jungkook freezes, then slowly looks over at Jimin. "Not since Triton."

"Jungkook..."

"I know, but I haven't been able to get him off my mind. I didn't even get to say goodbye."

Sympathy swells up inside his chest. He approaches Jungkook and leans against the wall, staring down as the boy kneels over and ties his sneakers. "I want you to know something. Something Namjoon said, shortly before... you know." Jungkook stiffens and gazes up at Jimin expectantly. "Namjoon and I were in the spire, accepting that we were going to die when he started talking about us. He told me about how you took him under his wing, and how he's forever grateful for that. He said you were like a brother to him... even a son."

Jungkook peers at Jimin for a few more seconds before sniffling and nodding once, then pausing before nodding rapidly again. "T-Thank you for that."

"And I want you to know something that I think." Jungkook glances back up, his tears threatening to spill. Jimin kneels down so he's eye-level with Jungkook. "You're like a brother to me."

A single tear rolls down Jungkook's cheek as he forms a smile. "The feeling is mutual," he whispers.

"Yeah?" Jimin asks.

Jungkook lets his smile show. Ha, he looks like a bunny. Y/N was certainly right about his smile. "Yeah," Jungkook says. Jimin places a hand on his neck and gives the man what he hopes is a touch of comfort.

After a few seconds, Jimin backs away, letting his hand fall off Jungkook's skin. He stands again, and Jungkook finishes tying his sneakers before standing with him, clearing his throat. "You should go put your gear on."

Jimin dips his head. "I will. Can you oversee this?" Jimin motions to the bay, and Jungkook hums to agree.

"I'll make sure everyone is ready in five minutes."

"Thank you." Jimin begins to head towards the main ladder when he hears Jungkook call out his name. He pauses, peeking over his shoulder to see the boy locking eyes with him. The man gives Jimin an expression he can barely read until the very last second: respect.

"No, thank you... Captain Park."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 3.3K 51
He pinned her against the wall with his hand wrapped around her throat. She coughed and scratched at him, but all he did was glare. "Say that to my f...
47.5K 2.7K 29
SEOKJIN X READER - SOULMATE AU βœ” (will be edited) β™‘β™‘β™‘ Meeting my soulmate, my real one for the first time did not happen the way it should have. But...
52.7K 2.3K 102
[COMPLETED] When a young man named Jungkook falls ill with a deadly condition, he's told that his life will never be the same. With his life hanging...
1.7M 84K 56
"Don't worry, I'll take care of you little one. If you stay with me, no one will ever hurt you again." As far as she knows, Y/N is the only human lef...