Believe It Or Not, I Already...

By jcsmth

There has been a lot of gossip in the upper circle of capital city lately. Rich anonymous 1: I heard that the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122 [END]

Chapter 71

114 9 0
By jcsmth

After Xiang Nan watched Joohyun rescue the man from the sidelines, he motioned to the ghost messenger to leave with him.

Joohyun's spiritual power was actually overdrawn in the process of using the forbidden technique. Later, she was only supported by the spiritual power supplied by the compass. Xiang Nan also found that Joohyun was about to collapse, so he led the ghost messenger out of the room in time.

He didn't leave earlier because Chen Yang hadn't been completely rescued. Nothing had changed in the Book of Life and Death. He was still obligated to stop, so if he had left early, the ghost messenger would have noticed the clues.

Joohyun waited for Xiang Nan to leave with the ghost messenger before releasing a pent-up breath of relief in an instant. She was paralyzed at the foot of the bed, like a puddle of mud. The compass also crashed to the ground with a clang.

"Irin!" The Chen couple, who had witnessed the whole thing from the beginning, rushed to her, and Mayor Chen picked Joohyun up from the floor.

"Irin, are you okay? Don't scare mom," Mother Chen asked tremulously. She couldn't imagine what she'd do if something happened to both of her son and daughter within the same day.

"I'm fine... I'm just out of strength. I just need sleep." Joohyun said weakly, "Find a doctor and see if... Big Brother is fine."

After Joohyun said this, her head tilted, and she fainted.

"Irin, Irin..." When Mother Chen saw her daughter suddenly fainting, she got scared and reached out to shake her. She only shook her two times, when Father Chen stopped him on the side.

"Irin just passed out from exhaustion." Mayor Chen was much calmer than his wife. He still remembered what his daughter said before fainting. "Go call the doctor to check Yangyang."

"Yangyang..." Mother Chen finally recovered her senses. The couple turned their heads to look at the ECG monitor on the other side of the hospital bed, on which the regular wavy lines and the orderly prompting sound were unmistakable. In contrast, it was as if the blinding straight line moments ago was their hallucination.

Outside the hospital, Xiang Nan cordially talked to the ghost messenger, "What's your name?"

"My name is Zhao Yi, Lord Magistrate," Zhao Yi, the ghost messenger, replied.

"I've seen you." Xiang Nan said, "We listened to the Black and White Impermanence's training courses together when the new recruits were training."

"You remember me, My Lord?" Zhao Yi didn't expect that the Magistrate would remember him, an insignificant ghost messenger. Hence, he was instantly overjoyed. "It turned out that we attended the same class of the two Lords, the Black and White Impermanence, My Lord. Like you, it's also my first day of work today."

"This is your first assignment, right?" Xiang Nan asked.

"Yes. Unfortunately, it was messed up." Zhao Yi's face was full of chagrin.

"This is also my first mission." Xiang Nan sighed with worry across his face. "It was hard to get this job, sigh."

"Isn't it? It took me 30 years to be admitted as a civil servant," Zhao Yi echoed emotionally.

"I waited six hundred years to become a Judge. It wasn't easy, ah," Xiang Nan said, 'incredibly depressed', "Say, how could we be so unlucky to have met such a powerful Celestial Master on our first mission?"

"Exactly. If all the Celestial Masters in the world of the living are so powerful, how can we still work?" Zhao Yi nodded in agreement.

"I'm not sure if I can still keep my job. I also don't know if there's still a chance for me to get out and work," Xiang Nan remarked worriedly.

"T-That can't be." Zhao Yi panicked. "Can we not keep our jobs just because of this matter?"

"Alas... we can only blame our bad luck." Xiang Nan 'complained', "Say, if she wanted to save that man, why didn't she save him before we arrived? Before we caught her in the act? How do you think we should write our report? Shall we say that two ghost messengers couldn't beat a Celestial Master, and we finally watched her save the person?"

"Yes, ah. We have to write a report..." When it came to the report, Zhao Yi's eyes suddenly flashed. He thought carefully and proposed to the equally worried magistrate, "My Lord, I have a plan that may let us keep our job. I don't know if I should say it."

"Go ahead." A mysterious shade flashed in Xiang Nan's eyes.

"Only you and I know the specifics of this incident. How about we write our report like this?" Zhao Yi proposed, "Let's say that when you and I arrived at the hospital, the person had already been saved, and the Book of Life and Death was changed. We were powerless to stop it."

"Is that okay?" Xiang Nan pretended to be hesitant.

"Yes. When I was working during my lifetime, the colleagues around me did the same thing. We ghosts have been humans once. In fact, our work pattern is quite the same." Zhao Yi said, "Moreover, we just slightly modified the process. It doesn't cause any harm, right?"

Anyway, the ending couldn't be stopped, so they might as well whitewash it for peace. After all, work was hard to find. It was difficult for newcomers to mix in, ah!

"If it works, then that's really a good idea." Xiang Nan looked at Zhao Yi with gratitude and said, "If I can keep my official position this time, consider that I owe you a favor, virtuous brother. In the future, you can come to me if you need anything."

"My Lord, you're too kind. My Lord, you're too kind." Zhao Yi felt jubilant deep inside. My eye, this leader owes me a favor, ah. There is hope for my future promotions and pay raises.

It was already night when Joohyun woke up again.

"Irin, you're awake." Mother Chen, who was keeping vigil, was joyous to see her daughter awake.

"Mom." Joohyun sat up from the bed and asked, "How is my brother?"

Mother Chen grabbed a pillow and put it behind her daughter's back before she looked at her with a complicated expression. She said, "The doctor has checked him. Yangyang has passed the dangerous period, but his injury is still serious. He is now in the intensive care unit."

The doctor's examination results showed that Chen Yang's wound was still there. From a scientific point of view, with such a heavy injury, Chen Yang's heart should have been incapable of beating. But miraculously, despite the fatal injury, Chen Yang's heart was still beating tenaciously and began to slowly repair itself.

The doctor couldn't give an explanation for this phenomenon, and after marveling at it, he could only attribute it to a miracle.

"That's great. What about Dad?" Joohyun's tension disappeared when she heard that her brother was all right.

Before she fainted, she was sure she had recovered all vital qi. However, she remained unsettled until she heard the doctor's verdict with her own ears.

"Your father saw that you were both okay, so he went back to work. That's how he does that job. How are you doing?" Mother Chen looked at Joohyun worriedly. "The doctor said you are overtired. Will that... will you be affected with what you did?"

While Joohyun was unconscious, Mother Chen had been adjusting her worldview. She never knew that such magical powers really existed in this world, so much so that she now didn't know how to ask Joohyun.

"I'm fine. I just lost my strength, and my spiritual power consumption was a bit too much. Now I have recovered, um... Well!" Joohyun said as he tried to mobilize a little spiritual power in her body that had been restored because of rest. But the moment she mobilized her spiritual power, a sharp pain suddenly spilled out from the depths of her soul, causing her to stifle a grunt.

"What's wrong? Where are you uncomfortable?" Mother Chen said anxiously.

"Nothing. Maybe I've been lying down for too long. My body is a little numb." Joohyun smiled weakly at her mother.

"Then let me give you a massage," Mother Chen proposed, and began to massage her daughter through the blanket.

Taking advantage of Mother Chen's massage, Joohyun silently mobilized her spiritual power. The moment her spiritual power flowed, that sting overflowing from the depths of her soul made her feel as if her blood was flowing backward.

Joohyun lowered her head and bit her lip to keep herself from screaming out. She was deeply panicked.

Why can't I mobilize my spiritual power? Can it be that I can't use it anymore or is it just temporary?

Is this the consequence of the forbidden technique? The old man didn't say that there is this repercussion, ah. Joohyun eagerly wanted to know the reason, so she turned her head around to search for her phone, wanting to send a message to her grandfather.

"What are you looking for?" When Mother Chen saw her daughter searching for something, she asked out loud.

"Mom, have you seen my phone?" Joohyun asked anxiously.

"No, did you forget it at home because you left in a hurry?" Mother Chen guessed.

"..." Joohyun thought back for a moment. At that time, she was in the room ready to go out to do a task. Just as she wore her linen bag containing the compass and talismans, she heard the sound of a vase breaking downstairs, and then ran downstairs. Did she forget her phone at that time in the house?

"Don't play with your phone if you're not feeling well. Rest well tonight, and I'll bring it to you tomorrow," Mother Chen said.

"Okay." Joohyun nodded and said, "Mom, you've been tired all day. You should also go back early to rest." Joohyun desperately needed to be by herself to calm down now.

"After I finish giving you a massage, I'll go see your brother again, then go home." Mother Chen originally wanted to stay at the hospital with Joohyun for the night, but then, she wanted to go back to make some chicken soup for her and bring it over tomorrow. Now, coupled with Joohyun's phone that was forgotten at home, Mother Chen thought for a moment and decided to go home for now.

"I'm already well. There's no more numbness," Joohyun said and moved her arms and legs.

Mother Chen checked the time and found that it was almost twelve o'clock, so she didn't stay any longer. After instructing her daughter to have a good rest, she headed to the intensive care unit to have a look at Chen Yang, and then went home.

Once Mother Chen left, Joohyun was the only one left in the ward. Joohyun once again mobilized the spiritual power in her body, and since her mother was no longer there, she mobilized all her spiritual power at full strength this time.

"Ah!!!" Joohyun screamed in pain.

"Miss Joohyun, what's wrong?" Just as Joohyun yelped in pain, a figure came whirring in.

"Assistant Tian?" Joohyun looked at Tian Fei who suddenly appeared in the ward and called out in confusion.

"Miss Joohyun, what's wrong with you? Where are you uncomfortable? I'm going to call the doctor." Tian Fei asked anxiously. Joohyun's face was ashen and dripping with cold sweat. It was as if she was in extreme pain.

Could it be that the information was wrong? Didn't the doctor say it was just fatigue? It's over. It's over. If something happens to Miss Joohyun, how am I going to explain to Young Master?

"Don't go! I'm fine." Joohyun stopped him. "Why are you here?"

"Young Master heard that you were sick and was very anxious, so he asked me to come over to see you." Tian Fei actually came early in the morning, but because Mother Chen had been in the ward, he couldn't come in. "Are you really okay?"

"Yes." What was the use of looking for a doctor if something was wrong with her? "Tell Third Brother that I'm fine, so he won't worry."

"Young Master heard about your accident and was very anxious. If it wasn't for his physique, he would have come her," Tian Fei said while fumbling for his phone. He proposed, "Why don't you and Young Master have a video call? Young Master must see that you are fine with his own eyes before he can rest assured."

"Okay." Joohyun hesitated for a moment and nodded.

When Tian Fei saw that Joohyun was willing to have a video call, his eyes lit up. He moved closer and dialed the video call before handing the phone to Joohyun. Then he left the ward quickly. He was afraid of disturbing the couple's world.

The phone was quickly answered, and Lisa's handsome face that was covered with worry appeared: "Irin, how are you? Why do you look so bad?"

"Third Brother, I'm fine." Joohyun shook her head in a depressed mood.

"Why are you listless?" Lisa rarely saw Joohyun in such a depressed state. "Are you worried about your brother? I have heard about Chen Yang's incident. Fortunately, he was saved. As long as his life is not in danger, he will recover slowly. Don't worry too much."

"En." Joohyun nodded.

"By the way, why did you faint? The doctor said you were over fatigued. What's the matter?" Lisa asked.

"I'm fine. It's just that my spiritual power is overdrawn," Joohyun replied.

"Spiritual power overdraft?" When they encountered the Ghost King in Pingcheng Ghost Market, Joohyun's spiritual power was overdrawn once, but that time, it was to defend against the Ghost King. So this time, was it...

"Did you save Chen Yang?" Lisa's expression suddenly changed. "At that time, Chen Yang... Did you use a magic spell to revive him?"

Chen Yang was given a death notice by the hospital at that time, and then miraculously survived. At first, Lisa lamented at Chen Yang's promising future. But now that Joohyun said she exhausted her spiritual power, he figured out the joints. He should have thought of it long ago. How could there be so many miracles in this world?

"Mm." Joohyun nodded honestly.

"Reversing fate against the natural order... You..." Lisa asked nervously, "What effect will it have on you?"

Having just experienced the exchanging of fate between Zhang Ziyang and Liu Muya, Lisa knew that the cost of reversing fate against the heavens was stupendous. He was afraid that something would happen to Joohyun.

"I didn't reverse his fate against the natural order. I just recovered Big Brother's vital qi," Joohyun said, and then her eyes suddenly reddened, "Third Brother..."

Just as Lisa breathed a sigh of relief, hearing that Joohyun didn't do so, he found that her eyes on the video suddenly turned red: "Wh-What's wrong? What's going on?"

"Third Brother..." Joohyun suddenly couldn't mobilize her spiritual power and was also uncomfortable all over, so she was both terrified and frustrated. Now that her Third Brother asked, she couldn't hold it any longer and bawled. "Third Brother... I... I can't seem to use my spiritual power anymore, waaaah..."

"Don't you cry. Don't you cry, ah." Seeing Joohyun's crying, Lisa comforted her helplessly, but was failing at it. He suddenly felt distressed.

"What if I can't use my spiritual power anymore? Woo-hoo... Although I didn't like being an exorcist before, I do now, ah. I don't even know if I've saved enough money to repair the road, waah-waah...," The more Joohyun cried, the more dejected she got.

"It's okay. Nothing will happen. It may be that your spiritual power hasn't recovered."

"I have spiritual power, but I can't mobilize it, oooh... What to do..."

"I'll ask Master Mao for you tomorrow. Don't cry yet. Things aren't clear yet. Maybe you're overthinking it."

"I can't even go out and make money in the future, waaah..."

"It's okay. My money is all yours. Don't cry."

"Third Brother..." Joohyun took a look at Lisa on the other side of the video and sobbed harder. "If I can't use my spiritual power anymore, what if your evil spirit flares up again in the future? Waah... I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Don't you cry... Don't worry about me. I will be fine." Lisa was heartbroken and touched. Under the circumstances, Joohyun unexpectedly was still worried that no one would seal his evil spirit once it broke out.

"Wooo-hooo..." Joohyun cried mournfully. How could she not worry? The two major events in life were money and love. Now that she couldn't use her spiritual power, she couldn't earn money and couldn't even protect her love. Woo-woo-woo...

What fun is there in living, ah...

Joohyun's sobs came wave after wave. It was as if someone was holding a knife and stabbing Lisa in the heart. He could not stand it, but besides repeating that she should stop crying over and over, he didn't know what else he could do.

Lisa's eyes were red with anxiety, but he was helpless to do anything.

Lisa, you are useless. The person you like is crying, yet you can't even hug her. You can't even leave the yard at will.

The author has something to say:

From the Internet cafe to the airport, Elder Wu kept calling Irene, but his call was never answered.

Elder Wu: Wicked girl, the Underworld has caught you, right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 2.4K 28
bl . Taekook ๐Ÿ”ž๐Ÿ”ฅ แž”แž˜แŸ’แžšแžถแž˜:แž€แŸ’แž˜แŸแž„แž€แŸ’แžšแŸ„แž˜18แž†แŸ’แž“แžถแŸ†๐Ÿ™ แžŸแžผแž˜แžขแž—แŸแž™แž‘แŸ„แžŸแžšแžถแž›แŸ‹แž–แžถแž€แŸ’แž™แž–แŸแž…แž“แŸแž˜แžทแž“แžŸแž˜แžšแž˜แŸ’แž™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ”ฅ
19.1K 649 7
I don't know when or how but some how I end up falling for you ~ l.m Why are you always avoiding me. Why can't you look at me. When are you so quiet...
94.5K 2.3K 14
๐†๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ ๐Ÿ’ ๐” | โwe need to talkโž โhow do you ...
9.4K 208 16
Cold Steel and RWBY Crossover. GRAMMER AND I DO NOT GET ALONG. I will try my best but there will be missing punctuation if you can not handle that I...