Aftermath

By heartlessbrock

This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy! More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
Not a chapter

112

3K 66 69
By heartlessbrock

Colby's POV

I saw red as I pushed Damien against the wall. "What part of stop don't you fucking get?" I growled.

"I couldn't just stop. If I stop, it takes longer and her trauma will be worse." Damien explained as Julia sobbed.

Hearing her cries were only fueled my rage.

"She told you to fucking stop. You don't understand what she's been through." I said then pushed him back before going back to Julia's side.

She was sobbing uncontrollably, gasping for air.

"Julia." I whispered, causing her to whimper and pull away from me.

It felt like we took ten steps back.

"Let's give them a couple minutes." Nate said gently then started to pull Damien out of the room.

"It's still in her.." Damien mumbled as Julia sobbed. "Get out." I said and pointed to the door.

Once they were gone I pulled Julia close. "Shhh...it's okay." I whispered, trying desperately to comfort her.

"It hurts!" Julia cried out as I frowned. "Let me pull it out, okay? I won't hurt you." I said and wiped her tears.

She looked at me with panic in her eyes, her chest heaving in and out.

"Let me take away the pain, sweetheart." I begged as she nodded. "Make it stop." She cried out.

"Okay." I whispered then walked to the end of the bed and gently pulled the wand out of her.

As I did this, Julia cried. Her whole body went rigid before she crawled away from me, trying to get as far away as possible.

It broke my heart how one single action could set her back so far.

"I'm not gonna touch you or move, take your time Jules." I said quietly, staying completely still. I wanted to lean forwards and pull her into my embrace but I didn't want to scare her.

Knowing how she was now, I knew she would freak out if I did that.

We sat in silence for a while, Julia looking at me with a fearful look in her eyes. "I know you're scared, Jules. I wanna help you." I said quietly after a couple minutes.

"Will you let me help you?" I asked and held my hand out to her. She looked at it for a second, before reaching her shaking hand out towards it.

"There we go. You're okay now, darling." I said and gently caressed her hand. I wanted to help her more but felt like I couldn't do much.

She was just so broken.

We sat there in silence for a little while before she started getting more comfortable. Once she felt a little better though, the door opened causing her to flinch.

"Hey..." Nate said quietly. "Damien didn't know the extent of what really happened." He explained.

"He wants to apologize." He said as I looked at Julia. She nodded then looked at me, almost as if she was asking for approval.

"Only if you want him to." I said and brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Yeah." She mumbled, looking at Nate. "Okay, I'll go grab him." Nate said then left the room.

"I'm so proud of you, ya know that?" I asked as she looked up at me. "Home." She said as I nodded.

"Soon. We'll talk to Damien then we can go back to the house." I said as she shook her head.

"Home home." She said as the door opened. "I'm sorry, Julia. I thought being quick would be better." Damien said as he walked into the room.

Julia hid behind my shoulder, cowarding slightly. "I was wrong and I'm sorry." He said quietly, then looked at me.

"Sorry I got angry." He said as I nodded. "She's fragile and very scared right now. Be patient." I said with a bland tone.

I was trying to be intimidating and angry but didn't want to scare Julia.

"I can't tell you a lot about the pregnancy without doing a thorough exam, but I can still give you some options." Damien said and sat on the end of the bed.

"If you want to keep the baby, we can wait until we get an external ultrasound. I don't recommend that path because of the emotional and mental challenges, but it's whatever you want." Damien explained.

"If you want to terminate, I can give you a pill to take. It's the best way to comfortably abort." He said as Julia sniffled.

"Whatever you choose is up to you." Damien said as I turned and put my hand on Julia's leg.

"Do you know what you want to do?" I asked causing her to look up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Whatever choice you make, I'll support you." I said and brought my hand to her cheek. "I can't." She whispered shakily.

"Can't what?" I asked gently. She went to answer but shook her head, hiding her face in my chest. I sighed and rested my chin on her head, looking at Nate.

"Take the pill with you so if she decides to take it, you'll have it." He said as I nodded slightly.

"Just call me in the next couple weeks with the decision and we'll go from there." Damien said then started packing his stuff up.

"Thanks, man." Nate said then sat on the bed across from me. "Do you want me to get you some water or something?" Nate asked and looked at Julia.

She looked at him for a second before turning to put her face in my chest again.

"Yeah, can you give us just another minute?" I asked as he nodded and stood up then left the room.

"How about we get you back to where we're staying? Would that make you feel a little more comfortable?" I asked and scratched Julia's back gently.

I felt her nodding against my chest, causing me to sigh.

I was hoping she would want to hang out with the girls for a little bit so I could talk to Sam and the guys about what I should do next.

I trusted them more than anyone and knew they could help me figure out the next steps.

I couldn't blame Julia for being shaken up, though. This was incredibly hard for her and every day was a challenge.

"Let's get you back to the house then." I said quietly then leaned back so I could look at her.

She nodded then sniffled and looked down at her hands.

"Maybe the girls can come over later just to hang out. It might take your mind off of things." I suggested and stood up, handing Julia her pants and underwear.

"Maybe." She whispered as she carefully pulled them on. She looked like she was in pain as she did it, causing me to scrunch my brow.

"Are you hurt?" I asked and brought my hand to her cheek. "It hurt." She said quietly, looking into my eyes.

"Are you bleeding?" I asked as she shook her head. "I'm fine." She said then looked away from me.

I nodded slowly, trying to determine if she was being fully truthful.

She didn't seem to be in too much pain but she looked uncomfortable. I couldn't blame her for it.  She clearly has been through a lot.

"Ready to go, sweetheart?" I asked as she nodded. "Okay, let me just get this pill from Nate." I said then took her hand and led the way out of the room.

"Hey, how'd it go?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "It went. Do you know where Nate went?" I asked as he nodded.

"In the library." He said and pointed to the library. "Do you mind staying here with Sam for just a second?" I asked Julia.

She looked hesitant for a second then glanced at Sam. "Okay." She said causing Sam to smile. "I'll be back." I said then kissed her cheek and went to go to the library.

"Hey, man. How's Jules?" Nate asked as I walked into the room. "She's healing from an unimaginable trauma. Hanging in there though." I said with a sigh.

"Do you have the pill?" I asked as he nodded. "Right here. He said she should take it then get comfortable. It's gonna hurt for a little while, but she'll be okay." He explained.

"God, this whole situation sucks so bad." I said with a sigh. "I wish I could do more for her." I said quietly.

"You're doing the best you can. I know she appreciates it." Nate said as my phone started ringing.

"What now?" I groaned and looked to see Jeremy calling me.

"What, Jeremy?" I asked, closing my eyes. "Hey, boss. When are you coming back?" Jeremy asked causing me to shrug.

"Within the next couple days. Why?" I asked blandly. "Uh...well.." Jeremy said with a nervous tone.

"What is it, Jeremy?" I asked, my brow scrunching with confusion. He hesitated for a second before finally speaking.

"We've got a little bit of a problem."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 123 23
there's some swearing and stuff ykyk not gonna say anything hope you enjoy it :) trigger warnings will be in the beginning of each chapter!!!⚠️⚠️ 26...
108K 1.3K 81
Hey guys so this is a sequel to Colby Brock Instagram Hope you guys like
1.2M 20.4K 136
The world can be a dangerous place with dangerous people. Julia White would soon learn to not trust people so much. It's a gang/crime book idk. Just...
175K 5.3K 111
Final book to the heartless series, if you haven't read the last 3 go do that ❤️