Believe It Or Not, I Already...

By jcsmth

There has been a lot of gossip in the upper circle of capital city lately. Rich anonymous 1: I heard that the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122 [END]

Chapter 45

124 8 0
By jcsmth

Due to the fatal blow yesterday, Joohyun didn't want to go to Third Brother's house anymore. As soon as she stepped into his house, she would think of Assistant Tian, whenever she thought of Assistant Tian, she would think of the blue and white porcelain, and whenever she thought of the blue and white porcelain, she would think of the thirty million.

Thirty million, aaaah!!!

Joohyun was heart-broken and didn't sleep well at night.

"Go to sleep if you're sleepy." Mother Chen couldn't help saying when she saw her daughter sitting on the sofa and yawning.

"Although Daddy wants you to get good grades on your exams, you shouldn't study until so late." Mayor Chen obviously misunderstood that his daughter stayed up late to study because of what he said during dinner yesterday.

"No, no, the exams aren't that difficult, I didn't study last night." Joohyun explained, "I just didn't sleep well."

Hearing Joohyun say she didn't sleep well last night, Chen Yang who was sitting to the side looking at his phone suddenly raised his head. He glanced at Joohyun's tired face, frowned, and began to blame himself.

Could it be what I said yesterday was too stressful?

"Go to bed if you didn't sleep well." Mother Chen said.

"I just finished eating, can't go to bed yet, ah. I'll watch some TV and go to bed at 8.30." Joohyun said.

"That's right, it's easy to gain weight if you sleep right after eating, and it's also not good for your stomach." Mother Chen thought about it and didn't force Joohyun to go to bed anymore.

A tourist ad was being shown on TV. It was for a resort island located in a subtropical region. The white sandy beach and blue sparkling water looked clean and beautiful.

Mother Chen's eyes lit up, she turned and asked Joohyun, "Irin, have you been to the beach?"

"No." Joohyun shook her head.

"Then, after your exams are finished, how about Mother take you on a vacation?" Mother Chen pointed to the TV and said, "What do you think of this place?"

Joohyun turned to look at the TV, she was also attracted by the bright and clean sea shown on it, but then she thought that she should use her winter vacation to upgrade her Supernatural website account to level A, so she shook her head at the end and said, "Not going."

"Why?" Mother Chen was a little lost.

Chen family's father and son were also a little surprised. Has Irin still not integrated into the family that she wouldn't even go on vacation with them?

"My spoken English isn't good, wait until I can speak properly, then can we go?" Joohyun made an excuse.

"Yes, yes, Mother will accompany you whenever you want to go." Mother Chen heard Joohyun's reason and immediately agreed.

After hearing this reason, Chen family's father and son's expressions also relaxed. It turned out she was afraid her spoken English wasn't good enough, although Irin never said it, her self-esteem has always been strong.

Therefore, the topic of going on a trip was left behind. Chen Yang continued to text, Mayor Chen continued to watch the news on his tablet, and Mother Chen and Joohyun sat on the sofa to watch TV together. Although everyone did different things, the atmosphere in the living room was exceptionally harmonious.

Completely different from this harmonious atmosphere was Qi Changming. He wore a Taoist robe and sat cross-legged in the middle of the Yin Yang diagram.

No wind could reach inside the airtight basement, but the dim candlelight was flickering continuously while yellow flags fluttered to and fro.

A bright white human bone on the altar in front of Qi Changming exuded a powerful Yin aura, it began to tremble as he chanted a spell.

It only moved slightly at first, but then it began to shake until the whole altar rocked from its vibrations.

The 'ka-ka-ka' sound of the bones hitting the altar in the ghastly and frightening basement leaked outside.

"Rise!" Qi Changming who was sitting at the ground suddenly shouted, his eyes widened with killing intent, both of his hands clasped together forming a pattern while pointing to the white bone on the altar.

Wooo...

An overwhelming Yin aura seeped out of the white bone and slowly condensed into a black whirlpool. It transformed into a human figure with ox horns, the Ghost King's blood-red eyes were staring indifferently ahead.

"Go kill her, then swallow her soul so she will forever be unable to reincarnate." Qi Changming ordered.

Following his words, the Ghost King turned into a black mist that moved through the basement wall to seep into the air. The black mist covered the bright crescent moon before it flew towards the center of Imperial City at a speed no human could imagine.

Joohyun was eating potato chips while she watched TV, she didn't realize something was wrong until the Ghost King reached the compound.

What a quick speed!

Feeling the murderous intent, Joohyun hardly had time to think. The only thing she could do was leave the house immediately before the Ghost King arrived to prevent innocent people from getting hurt.

"I need to go out for a bit." Regardless of whether the others heard her clearly or not, Joohyun immediately stood up and ran out.

This murderous aura was approaching so fast she didn't even have time to go upstairs to get her tools.

"Where are you going?" Joohyun had already opened the door before Mother Chen could react.

"What happened?" Mayor Chen raised his head and looked in confusion.

"I don't know, she said she needed to go out suddenly." Mother Chen said with a worried look, "This child, she didn't even wear a coat and ran out like that. It's so cold outside, ah."

"Chen Yang, go out and look for your sister." Mayor Chen told his son to go out to follow Joohyun.

Chen Yang had already stood up when Joohyun ran out, he felt Joohyun's expression wasn't right. He nodded to his parents, went to the hallway, grabbed his sister's down jacket, and chased after her.

However, by the time Chen Yang walked out to the gate, Joohyun was no longer there.

Chen Yang frowned and looked around the entrance, perhaps it was his intuition as a policeman that he successfully followed in the direction where Joohyun was headed.

"Ah!" There was a sudden cry of pain.

"Irin?" The short cry of pain made Chen Yang's heart beat faster, he knew this voice was his sister's, he had been trained in the police academy so he couldn't have made a mistake.

Chen Yang's eyes sank, and he ran forward with big strides. The more he ran, the more frightened he became. If he followed this direction, he would arrive at the Lou Third Young Master's small courtyard, did Irin anger his guard?

The more Chen Yang thought about it, the more worried he became, and his movements became faster and faster until he finally saw Joohyun was running as fast as she could.

He wanted to call her to stop, but before he had the time to shout, he saw a scene that made him distraught.

He saw Joohyun running in front of him, and as if she collided with a high-speed vehicle, her entire body rose from the ground, and she was thrown over a really long distance into a wall.

"AH!" Joohyun adjusted her posture in the air, letting her back hit the wall, but the huge momentum still made her shout in pain.

"Irin!" Chen Yang felt that all the blood in his body was about to freeze. He dropped the jacket he was holding and quickly ran in Joohyun's direction.

"Don't come near!" Joohyun heard Chen Yang's voice calling out to her, she didn't know when her brother followed her, but now her face became even more ugly.

The Ghost King didn't give Joohyun a chance to take a breath at all. Before Joohyun got up from the ground, he already walked over to punch her again.

"Rise!" Joohyun pointed her right hand towards the sky, and a high-speed spinning compass suddenly flew from behind the Ghost King. It slammed into the Ghost King's waving fist that was about to punch Joohyun.

The Ghost King felt pain, he turned around to catch the compass that had attacked him.

Is that... the compass Old Wu gave to Irin? Seeing the compass suddenly appear, Chen Yang recognized it at a glance. It was given to Irin by the old man that adopted her. Irin liked it very much, so she took it with her every time she went to school, almost as if they were inseparable.

But why does an ordinary compass fly in the air? And Irin, what is she fighting with?

When Joohyun ran out of the house, she had already summoned her compass, but the compass had only arrived now. With its help, Joohyun finally had a chance to breathe.

However, she only has the compass, she didn't have any talismans with her, so Joohyun was still struggling to fight.

"Don't worry about that thing, go and kill the Celestial Master." Qi Changming ordered.

The Ghost King roared, then obediently attacked Joohyun again. Joohyun's expression changed; she immediately ran forward.

Chen Yang saw Joohyun rushing forward so he hurriedly followed behind her. He didn't care that the place Joohyun was running towards was a restricted area, he just wanted her to be safe.

"Aaah!"

They ran straight to the small garden behind the courtyard.

The Ghost King threw a handful of evil energy. Joohyun was rolled up by the energy, her whole person flew upside down and collided against a rockery. Joohyun rolled away from the spot and the Ghost King's next punch directly hit the rockery. That two-meter-high fake rockery broke in an instant, its rubble rolled to the ground.

Chen Yang looked at the scene in disbelief.

Irin is being chased by something invisible, and the invisible thing can smash a rockery in an instant? What's that invisible thing? What exactly is it?

Chen Yang's eyes reddened when he saw his sister in danger, but he couldn't do anything. He tried to get closer to help, but when he took a step closer, the invisible Yin aura that felt like a freezing barrier made him unable to move.

"Irin!" Chen Yang's voice became hoarse, he tried to run forward strenuously, trying to get to Joohyun, but he couldn't break through that invisible barrier.

Chen Yang didn't know what to do. A feeling of dread and despair swept through his whole body. What to do? What can I do? How can I deal with this invisible thing?

"Spirit incantation, Expelling Talisman!" Joohyun finally finished drawing a talisman with much difficulty, and she immediately jumped and pasted it on the Ghost King's head.

"Roar!" The Ghost King was in pain, his attacking movements became even fiercer. Joohyun couldn't avoid being hit on her forehead by a flying stone and she yelped out in pain.

"Irin!" Chen Yang reached both of his hands towards the invisible evil aura that had condensed into a fast-spinning cyclone. He was unable to open his eyes due to the rapid wind and the frost-biting temperature made his hands red, but Chen Yang didn't retreat, instead he gritted his teeth to squeeze half a foot in.

"Quick! Paste them!"

He Qi brought over a dozen people from assistants and the guard regiment, each of them had a talisman in their hands, running towards Joohyun's direction.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

More than a dozen talismans burned, and the blood-red evil spirit ripped a small tear in the air.

"ROAAARRR!" The Ghost King roared, he opened his hands and a huge Yin aura emanated from them. Following the Ghost King's movement, even the dozen special forces including Chen Yang were overturned.

"Again!" He Qi rolled and stood up, beckoning the others to send another attack.

"Don't come here, this is a Ghost King, Expelling Talisman's power can't deal with him!" Joohyun saw that the people around her were still rushing in, she felt so anxious and worried.

A Ghost King was different from ordinary ghosts, even ordinary ones can take away a human's life, if Ghost King wanted to harm people, it's just a matter of him raising his hand. Although her brother and all the special forces had some positive energy, this energy is enough to deal with ordinary evil spirits and is basically useless against a Ghost King.

However, their actions still bought Joohyun some time to recover from the previous attack. Joohyun took this opportunity to stand up and run to the side, avoiding the Ghost King's attacks while thinking about how to get out.

She's not capable of fighting against a Ghost King, not to mention that she had no talismans on her right now, but it's still useless even if she had them with her, because everything was futile in front of absolute strength.

Joohyun didn't expect Qi Changming to be so deranged that he dared to instigate the Ghost King to attack someone in the same profession as him, could it be he's not afraid of Heaven's wrath?

"Buzz, buzz, buzz!"

The compass hovered over Joohyun's head, constantly emitting warning sounds.

Is opening Spirit Gate the only way? If she can force the Ghost King in, Qi Changming would have to make a lot of effort if he wanted to summon him again.

After Joohyun thought of a way, her spiritual power began to rush into the compass. A golden light flickered from its body as it began to absorb Ghost King's Yin aura to connect it with the Spirit Gate.

"You want to open Spirit Gate? Don't even think about it!" Qi Changming sensed the Spirit Gate was about to open, so he changed his tactic once again.

The Ghost King stopped attacking Joohyun, turned around and knocked the compass out of the air. Under its brute strength, the compass' fluttering light vanished in the distance.

The Spirit Gate disappeared before it was fully opened.

"Don't worry about other people, just kill her!" Qi Changming ordered.

The Ghost King paused all of a sudden and turned to look at Joohyun.

Joohyun's face became pale, and she immediately ran off.

Lisa, who had been informed about the attack a long time ago, stood on the second floor observing the battle through the window.

Lisa wanted to rush out when Joohyun hit the rockery, but he was stopped by Cheng Peng. With no way out, he could only send out his men with the Expelling Talismans to help.

But when he found that the talismans were of no use, Lisa couldn't stand it anymore.

"Third Young Master, you can't go out for the week of winter solstice." Chen Peng firmly blocked Lisa with his body.

"Get out of the way!" Lisa shouted with a cold voice.

"Third Young Master, it's useless even if you go out, you will be frozen stiff as soon as you step a foot outside." Cheng Peng said.

"..." Lisa stopped, he began to estimate whether his own physical strength could bring him in front of Joohyun or not.

Seeing Lisa calm down, Chen Peng heaved a sigh of relief, thinking he had successfully persuaded him.

"Miss Joohyun!"

"Irin!"

The shouts that were relayed through Cheng Peng's intercom snapped Lisa back to his senses. When he turned around to look out the window, he found Joohyun suspended midair.

Lisa anxiously grabbed Cheng Peng's intercom and shouted, "What happened?"

"Third Young Master, Miss Joohyun seems to be caught by the neck by something, we can't get close at all." He Qi's anxious voice came from the other end.

"Third..."

Lisa pushed Cheng Peng away and quickly ran down the stairs. The moment Lisa stepped out of the door, the evil spirit in his body started to go dormant at an unbelievable speed.

Lisa felt like his whole body was put in a freezer a few hundred degrees below zero, he couldn't breathe from the cold.

"Third Young Master!" Cheng Peng rushed over.

Lisa supported himself with one hand before he ran to the small park with all of his strength.

It was only less than ten meters, but Lisa ran especially hard.

Joohyun was being choked by the Ghost King, she was lifted up midair, her face flushed red from the lack of air. Joohyun's hard luck and spiritual power invoked the compass to use its remaining power to slam the Ghost King's arm, before he finally released Joohyun.

Joohyun rolled and ran while coughing.

"Here!" she heard Lisa's voice at this moment.

"Third Brother?" Joohyun looked up in disbelief.

"To... me... run here!" Lisa's body was too cold, he really couldn't move fast.

Joohyun thought of the evil spirit in Lisa's body, she turned around and hastily ran towards Lisa's direction.

Lisa opened his arms and motioned for her to run into his arms.

Joohyun used the fastest speed ever in her life to run the one-meter distance and jumped right into Lisa's embrace.

Lisa caught Joohyun, and unable to withstand the impact he staggered back two steps.

The Ghost King ran after Joohyun. Seeing that Joohyun stopped, he raised his hands to catch her.

Lisa keenly sensed that something was approaching, he stretched out his hand to block it and caught an ice-cold arm.

The dormant evil spirit in Lisa's body sensed the oncoming danger and immediately became active again. The blood-red evil aura creeped onto the Ghost King's arm from Lisa's palm, slowly devouring the Ghost King's black Yin aura.

"Aa? Roaaarr!!" The Ghost King started shaking his hands in panic, trying to throw off Lisa's hand.

But how could Joohyun let go of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity? She quickly unlocked the jade clasp seal on Lisa's left hand. Losing its restraint, the evil spirit suddenly raged out, like a huge wave swallowing a small boat, it drowned the Ghost King to nothingness.

"ROAARRRR!!!"

The Ghost King gave a blood-curdling scream as his soul was swallowed inch by inch by the blood-red evil spirit, he was put to an end instantly, not leaving even a speck of dust behind.

Joohyun saw the Ghost King had been eliminated, so she quickly closed the jade clasp to prevent Lisa's evil spirit from leaking out and affecting surrounding people.

"Third Brother! Third Brother!!" When Joohyun raised her head after closing the jade clasp, she found that Lisa wasn't moving anymore, his whole body was as stiff and frozen as an ice sculpture.

"Third Brother, what's wrong with you?" Joohyun panicked immediately.

Author's NOTE:

Cheng Peng: Why do you make me the bad guy every time?

Crab: Offending one is better than offending seven.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.3K 1.6K 78
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.
607K 20.4K 85
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...
29.4K 302 44
REQUEST ARE OPEN YEAHHHHHH
229K 3.7K 200
Jennie Kim was a desperate woman and just a pretty face in her past life. She was swapped at birth and brought up in a rich family, only to eventuall...