Mail Crystal's Adventurer

By Otar3000

2 years ago he would've just run away but not this time. After what Steven and Garnet did for him and his hom... More

First Time(Here we're in new bright future)Ch1
Thank You Chapter 2
Awkward flushed Ch3
Big Old Universe Ch 4
True kind of Love Ch 5
Kiss Back Ch6
Moon is a beautiful star ch7
Best Friends in Fancy writing ch8
Romance Dawn Ch9 (DayColors)
Love's Fusion Ch10
Garmie Alternative ch11
Cover in dark forest Ch12 pt1
The Unexpected Everything Ch12 pt2
Incredible Gems Ch12 Pt3
Fist And Sword Ch12 pt4
Words and actions Ch12 pt5
Stubborn Fate Ch14
Guidance Counsilor Ch15
Recent Buddies Ch16
homeworld timeline ch17
Red Orange Is The New Black ch18
Past History/ Future Mystery/ Present Gift Ch19
Did I miss something? Ch 20 pt 1
Car connection ch 20 pt 2
NEW GUEST CH21
Bluebird Attacks
Safety is fun
Snow Day Eve
Bluish Angels
Lil Graduation gone bad
Pair of Gardeners
Mean and brute
Fish on the surface
Homeworld Azurite
Azurite vs Cymophane/Alexandrite
Azurite vs Amazonite
Like Nothing Happened
Take your care
New Part
No such thing as the good war, right...?
Sweet dreams an/or unpleasant nightmares
Some big changes
Casual Business
Stevonnie's Nightmare
Propose I
Propose II
Propose III
Propose IV
Invention I
Invention II
Invention III
Visit I
Visit II
Visit III
Familial Ties
Painful Anger
Hidden Danger
Jaspinel
The less you know the better (?)
Ticking Time
Lil' White Lies
New Arrivals
Like Siblings
So far so good
Spinel 's Party Panic Overlook
Calm Before Storm pt 2. Rose Petals
Calm before storm pt 3 - Swollen Psyche
Sweet Pirates
BitterSweet Thoughts
Laugh Time is about to stop
only surrender after bloodshed
Treason and Intifada
Adam Butch - Anti Light
From coup to chaos
Weak turned extremist - Power corrupts
Damien Rampant
Feeling Missing
vying for survival
Nothing left?
A last hope?!
Little Misery
No Exit

Calm before storm Pt 1.

16 2 0
By Otar3000

I am not only the calm before the storm. I am both the calm and the storm. – Ivy Atalanta
__________
SOMEPLACE ELSE...

Ah another one of those times of self analysis...
Oh well, life of Otto Murdack wasn't a boring one for certain.
He had friends sure with similar understandings like Rosie traveller...
It was exciting at times and dangerous
At times he had to change his place of residence for reasons.

One of them was that many times he wasn't welcome and his house got destoryed too, so he was quite infuriated.

Luckily he had a mechanism to hold all necessary things in it.... et that one is now under Little Homeschool...

One that isnt here... in fact there is now sign there was ever a school there... so he bets more to alternate realities...

Otto wasn't exactly new to accidents or mistakes happening here and there.

But he definitely remembers telling those two to not tamper around his tech.

Then again maybe he SHOULD'VE moved it all elsewhere like Steven suggested instead of making a show.

Oh well regardless he is now perhaps in an alternate reality...

He's been here for a few days already... bloodied, he never really got used to blood’s scent and it triggered many bad memories

Finding dead bodies here and there was one thing, destroyed wasteland... oh and Beach City that he lived in for a few years...'Well more accurately in forest close to it's residence'... was in shambles.

It's buildings in ruins, streets were almost abandoned... Almost... he had to come against rouge gems too, they had every intent of capturing him though he wasn’t sure why just yet...

Luckily he wasn't helpless. He had friends that taught him few tricks, hand to hand combat too plus his experimental speed and strength payed off. Can’t use too much of them though as his skin gets drier and sometimes allergic.

Unfortnately those got hampered due to unplanned teleprortation. Side effects take a toll.

Steven would say that pessimistic thinking wont help here. He'd be right.
So he instead tried to go elsewhere to search for help, like Empire City... had to get an old car driving which was hard to find...
He did came across some people too, either they tried to rob him or kill him...

Not that he blamed them since buying things now was out of order...

Couldn't find anyone familiar and his mind was not telling anything good either

Probably they are mostly... either dead... or they didn't even exist.

Both were quite concerning...

"What do I do...? What do I do?... My belt is out of energy... Neither do I have that book with me...Well isn't that just great..."

He might have a chance if there will be a rain with lightnings... hopefully soon.

Oh and he didn't yet mention that view from the light house was quite something...

There were cracks and trails of earthquakes on the groundscape... and rocks were flowing in the sky... he'd say it's beautiful if he weren't aware of what it meant...Since he was stuck for a time he had to learn why this happend or what even happened at all...

Global catastrophe obviously but how..."I have to find to find people to ask... this time with words..."
And looks like fortune looked upon him...
He was searching an underground system somewhere, smelly and dusty but still in tact...
And a lot of people lived down there for different reasons...
They weren’t exactly trusting though... I tried not to say too much, otherwise they may think he’s insane..
He didn’t meet everyone yet, first he was met with spies or rather lookouts fir their “base”
“Who are you?! Amigo o enemigo?!”
One guy Bart was rather glutinous as he ate pizza in his hands nervously.
The other girl Emma was  keeping distance holding him at gunpoint...
Lily a girl slightly older glared at him menacingly
“Hey big bro! He isn’t one of aliens! But he looks as bad as bandit!”
A figure then stepped out, examining him...
“Looks can be deceptive... but can’t debunk that yet.”
He appears to be the leading one here...
A guy with short dark brown hair. He wears a reddish-brown jacket over a magenta red shirt with a white stripe down the middle, along with a white infinity scarf. He also wears dark-teal jacket.
“So who are you supposed to be?”
He draws his breath “It’s complicated... but I guess I’m fellow survivor...
_____________
At The Ball

“Have any of you found him yet?”
Connie – No, I asked Pearl but no one seen him after his tech went haywire
“I see... I hope he’s okay, I’m a bit worried”
Connie – Hey don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll be back... well crooner or later.
“Maybe, I just feel like he could take a break for a while from this”
Connie – Well, you’re not alone on that...
“What is it? Did you see something in Steven?”
Connie – .... Well he’s been acting weird for a few months. I don’t know what’s going on since he won’t talk to me. The gems don’t exactly mention anything either...
“Well, maybe they themselves aren’t sure... you remember that movie we watched? Detective couldn’t tell yet before full investigation”
Connie – Maybe... but this “investigation” goes for MONTHS already. After that infighting with Stevonnie, I was a bit put off. I thought it was alright after our skiing contest but then his proposal came...
“Woah woah wait a minute... as in THE proposal ?”
Connie nods uncomfortably
“You did tell him that it’s not time yet right?”
Connie – I did... but I feel like it only made us both more stressed instead...  then I asked him to go to the hospital... I didn’t go well either.
“Connie, listen... Now that you’ve mentioned the hospital. Mom was asking me lately that if I knew anything about your “space adventures”... Did they found out?”
Connie didn’t tell her parents of her space escapades. She never found the time or chance for one or another reason. Or maybe she just didn’t think it was necessary as once her mother found out about her simply using Rose’s or Pink Diamond’s sword, she was upset almost immediately. She did return it after seeing those gem monsters... but it was  made clear to Connie that her parents may completely freak out... this may also cause rift with the gems and Steven too, ultimately adding more to his current mindset.
She didn’t tell her human friends or her parents, she only ever told her sister...
Connie – No, at least not in detail. But they are now asking more and more, I keep telling them “maybe some other time”...
“Connie, WHEN is that other time?”
Connie – See you’re saying it too.
“...Alright, sorry I lost track there... Still you do realise you’re doing same thing Steven is?”
Connie rubs her arm in thought as she looks down at the crystal floor
Then the third person came in as Connie felt a hand on her shoulder
Instinctively she drew her sword before recognising the person
Jamie – Uhm sorry, am I interrupting anything?
Connie – I... I.. sorry, it’s just family issues...
Jamie – Ah gotta there. Had few arguments with my family recently so... Oh uhm hi you
“Hi to you too Jamie”
His eyes then fell on the second girl... Brown haired, with a gem on forehead...
“It’s been a while really. Sorry I wasn’t around for some time...  Did your trip to Kansas go well?”
Jamie – Oh , well no. Not as planned... but hey I’m doing fine now, again a mailman but also teacher and actor! Not purposeless!
“And apparently,  with time to breath? Don’t you think you’re overworked? I’m sorry if your confession to Garnet didn’t work out but that’s not an excuse to... ”
Jamie – Hold on hold on! That’s not...
Jamie then rubs his forehead feeling lightheaded
Then something happened within Jamie’s mind as new memories came in.
He remembered that day exact day of his confession, except it went a bit different...
Another person was there too, a third one slightly older than Connie and Steven, that suggested Jamie to invite Garnet to a tango dance as they played on guitars. Which was only met with Garnet uncomfortably hugging herself and keeping away...
And that girl’s name...
Jamie – Hey wait, you’re Nora right? That Nora?!
The said girl now older looks at him, frowning
Nora – See? I’m telling you he is overdoing it. His brains one day may overload.
Jamie’s thoughts ‘So this is her adopted sister? Well this definitely more to the list and I’m here talking about my actor career’
Nora – And look at his eye bags, if I didn’t know better I’d say you don’t sleep enough.
Jamie – Not important. Too much to do and too much to eat in this case. Here watch me!
Jamie took some sweets from the tables in the hall room, Steven made sure everything was in place.
Connie – Uhm maybe that’s not a good idea.
Jamie – I know what I’m doing.
So he ate one without looking
“See? And nothing happ-p-pen-“
He then began to cough and sneeze uncontrollably
Connie – Woah hold up!
She hits his back for him not to choke on it. Although the scar made it painful...
Connie – Are you out of your mind!? You have allergy to blueberry!
Unnoticed by them, he spewed out some pinky goo along with strawberries...
Nora – Guys I think we should go back... mom and dad are looking for us.
Connie – Right! Listen don’t tell them alright? Promise me!
Nora – Of course I’m by your side little sis!
Connie smiled warmly at that as she helped Jamie up
Connie – C’mon Jamie we have to go back. Plus Steven and the Diamonds may propose a toast soon!
Jamie – Alright alright! But why did you take your sword here?
Connie looks at Nora who is not sure how to answer
“Well just in case some unwanted guests will arrive”
___________________
Hello guys!
Good to be back!
So here we have a new character introduction!
Funny enough, Ms Sugar or her crew I don’t know, that if they had a girl protagonist instead of a boy lead Steven, Nora would be the name. Or maybe I go something wrong? Idk. Anyway, Nora here is a childhood friend of Steven’s and adopted sister of Connie. However her gem past isn’t fully bright...
Let’s all be calm before something storms in.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 307 39
A big warning for almost eveything bad in the book. Requests or prompts are open all the time. don't be afraid. I will not do Spinel x Steven, but I...
267K 3K 39
Girlfriend/Boyfriend Scenarios of both the Crystal Gems, the HomeWorld gems,Steven and Jamie.
47.4K 374 10
Steven's hometown has become fun and peaceful ever since the events at Homeworld with White Diamond. But time has passed surprisingly quick, going by...
48.6K 1.4K 19
Status:finished Ah, Lapis Lazuli. A beautiful gem with a kind, fun heart. You never thought you'd understand the human emotion 'happiness' until you...