Chicken Shop Date *ᴹᵃᵗᵗʸ ᴴᵉᵃˡ...

By imagine-that-100

You and your best friend Amelia came up with a very simple idea of taking celebrities on awkward chicken shop... More

The Date (1.1)
The Date (1.2)
Being Funny In A Foreign Language (2.1)
Being Funny In A Foreign Language (2.2)
Wintering (3.1)
Wintering (3.2)
Wintering (3.4)
Merry Christmas (4.1)
Merry Christmas (4.2)
Merry Christmas (4.3)
Merry Christmas (4.4)
New Year's Eve (5.1)
New Year's Eve (5.2)
New Year's Eve (5.3)
New Year's Eve (5.4)
Happy New Year (6.1)
Happy New Year (6.2)
Happy New Year (6.3)
Happy New Year (6.4)
Sincerity Is Scary (7.1)
Sincerity Is Scary (7.2)
Sincerity Is Scary (7.3)
Sincerity Is Scary (7.4)
Sincerity Is Scary (7.5)
Sincerity Is Scary (7.6)
At Their Very Best (8.1)
At Their Very Best (8.2)
At Their Very Best (8.3)
At Their Very Best (8.4)
At Their Very Best (8.5)
Instagram Official
Brit Awards (9.1)
Brit Awards (9.2)
Brit Awards (9.3)
Brit Awards (9.4)
Brit Awards (9.5)

Wintering (3.3)

2.7K 59 14
By imagine-that-100

Make sure you read 3.2 first x

~*~*~*~*~*~

His attempt to be casual about it prematurely dies when he just can't hide the eagerness in his voice as he unwraps his arms from around you and asks, "Shall we get the blanket out now then?"

You're blushing fast and easy under his stare but you act nonchalantly to appear like the suggestion hasn't made butterflies erupt in your stomach. "I need to finish wrapping before we cuddle, Mister Healy." You did need to do it but it was more so you had more time to get your bearings together.

His face falls slightly, remembering he came unannounced. "Sorry for interrupting."

"Don't apologise at all." It's a quick response because truly it was nothing. He had just made your day by dropping by and the fact that he wanted to stay had you giddy to see what could happen throughout the evening.

You and Matty laugh and talk about what your Christmases are usually like when you go back home as you sit on the floor just in front of him and finish wrapping. And you love that you both get on like a house on fire, you could honestly sit and chat to him for days on end and not get bored or annoyed by him.

Matty is keen to know a lot about you though, and you tell him anything he wants to know. Where you grew up, how you met Amelia, what your school was like for you, when did you move to London. And Matty loved listening to your anecdotes. He really wasn't joking when he said that he would listen if you started a podcast. He loves the sound of your voice.

When you finish wrapping, you put all of the presents back into the bag so you can easily take them back into your room. You tell your guest that you'll be just a minute and you walk back to your room and put the bag of presents beside the rest of them.

As you're about to head back out to Matty though, you spot the big cardboard box in the corner of your room that hasn't moved for months and it's like a lightbulb goes off in your head. You rush over to it and open it and you praise the lord when you see everything's still in there.

When you and Amelia first started doing chicken shop dates, you never thought that there would be a demand for merch to go alongside it. But now your current collections are entirely sold out on your website as you wait for new stock to come in. However, here in your room are the samples that were made and after stealing your own, you left the other ones in the box.

Quickly, you pull out a black one that has the chicken shop date logo in an arrow heart where the breast pocket would be on a shirt. It's a simple design but you absolutely love the hoodies as they're so soft, you always have yours on.

You get a larger size out, recalling Matty's instagram stories and how he's always in baggy jumpers and you hope to god he likes it enough to accept as a very last minute present.

You're about to step out of your room when you realise it'd be better if he closed his eyes so he could still be surprised as you can't wrap it now. So you call out to him from your bedroom door, "Hold out your hands and close your eyes."

He turns and frowns at your instructions, which makes you thankful you'd already hid the hoodie behind your back. Matty asks you, "Why?"

You plead, your voice soft and hopeful, "Please just do it..."

And just because of how you say it, he agrees to it with a simple, "Okay."

You see him close his eyes and turn back around so he's facing the right way again, and you quickly walk back around and stop in front of him. His hands are out waiting like you instructed him to and you hope to God he likes it.

"Okay open." You instruct with excitement in your voice.

Matty opens his eyes right away and his jaw falls slightly, wanting to coo at the gift. "Oh my word, chicken shop date merch!"

The singer holds up the hoodie in front of him to check out the full thing and he genuinely loves it as he didn't actually know you did merch. It's a lovely surprise and he definitely will be wearing it. He feels like an excited child despite him playfully joking, "It's just what I wanted." as he knows it's a last minute present. But he doesn't care, he's over the moon.

Matty drops the hoodie to the side of his lap and he opens his arms to signal to you that he wants a hug. You giggle at him as you lean down and clutch him as tight as you can in the weird position of you standing and him sitting.

But Matty pulls you onto his lap, making you straddle him for a moment so he can trap you in a crushing hug, "Thank you."

His reaction to the hoodie is so cute to you and you can't wipe the smile off your face. You say softly into his ear, "I will get you something better I promise, it's all I have here on short notice."

But Matty shakes his head lightly before pulling back. He makes sure to put the hoodie on, over his shirt before he says, "Don't get me anything, this is all I need. This will be staying on for Christmas dinner."

You giggle seeing him completely drown in the piece of clothing, the sleeves hiding half his hands so only his fingers are opting out of them. "I can get you a smaller one if you want it less baggy."

"No, baggier the better." Matty assures, "More cosy... Come here."

He snakes his arm around your waist and brings you flush into his chest, leaving kisses all over your face in gratitude, finishing off by trapping your lips in a soft long kiss.

You both take advantage of the daze the kiss leaves you in so it's no overthinking and no questions when you continue kissing for a little bit. You really wanted to keep them coming but you find yourself shying away as you overthink a little what's happening.

So you lean back to look at him, all rosy cheeks, dishevelled hair and reddened lips, those brown eyes looking all around your face and his gaze is so intense that it has you needing to stand up from his lap and take a deep breath as you cover it by getting the heated blanket that was forgotten on the floor.

You slowly open the box, taking out the blanket and resting it on the arm of your bigger settee. And then you suddenly act all interested in wanting to read the instructions for it as if it took more than putting some batteries in and pushing a few buttons but it was just so you could ignore the way you felt he was staring at you.

With the way your hair had fallen to cover the sides of your face, you couldn't see him but you just knew he was smirking watching you act like he wasn't there just because you'd gotten flustered a minute ago on his lap.

"We're finally gonna cuddle then?" Matty teases, making you roll your eyes from the way his voice made you feel.

You hum with your eyes swimming around the letters on the small piece of paper, not acknowledging nor putting together any of the sentences in your head because you were just fully distracted.

What had just happened had all gone to your head in thoughts that you can't be having in front of him. Not yet anyway.

"Was thinking maybe we could watch a film and check if this works." You finally turn around to see him then, he watches the way you take in a deep breath when you see him with legs spread wide as he's lazily sitting on the other settee.

"I'll just go get some batteries. Be right back."

You escape to your room like a ghost was chasing you, and he laughs to himself taking in the ease he had to make you react. It made him feel gooey inside knowing that it was all genuine, having the first hand experience of the character you used for the videos and comparing it to how you were with him now.

It doesn't take you long to come back and he watches you as you carefully put the batteries in and the huge smile on your face when you turn the heater on and the blanket starts warming under you hand.

Matty matches your grin, incapable of keeping it from reaching his eyes as they wrinkle at the edges from just watching you. "D'you like it?"

You look almost amazed at it and so you don't hesitate to look at him and nod enthusiastically, "Love it." The heat going up just makes you impatient to get under the blanket so you plop down on your big settee and quickly throw it over yourself.

Snuggling yourself into your settee and clutching the blanket tightly to yourself, you realise he's still sitting where he had been the whole time.

You frown at him and sound almost annoyed when you think about having to lift the blanket back up after having gotten comfortable. "What are you still doing over there? Come here." And the way you wave him to come over to you has him smirking.

His steps are slow to tease you and when he finally gets to the edge of the settee, he just stands there looking down at you with the smirk still on his face. "Where do you want me?"

Matty bites his tongue not to laugh when you sigh and roll your eyes with fake exasperation, "Just sit down here, you idiot."

He makes a show out of getting under the blanket and snuggling up to you. His arm comes around your waist to bring you closer to his side and groans exaggeratedly in pleasure as he gets comfortable.

His lips brush against your temple when he says, "This is well nice." It makes you shiver despite the growing warmth and he chuckles in your ear at that. "You okay?" His question is playful, trying to tease you but careful enough not to make you uncomfortable.

Shyly you mutter a, "Yes" that sounds more like a question and you pray that the films you've started to scroll past catches his eyes and he forgets every single of your telltale signs of just how much he affects you.

But he has this way of also settling your nerves down when he jokes, "How are you so nervous when you've literally had your tongue in my mouth?"

"Fuck off Matthew." You push him away playfully, and the way he laughs at you so wholeheartedly makes you melt. That's why when he pulls you back into him, you fully cuddle him and let yourself have that moment.

You're scrolling for a very long minute and still can't decide what to choose so you quietly ask, "Shall we go for a Christmassy one?"

"If you want to." Matty hums.

In your heart, you really feel like it's wrong for you not to choose a Christmas movie so you're quick to look for the one that's your go-to.

A chuckle leaves him when you click on 'Nativity' and it starts playing. So you turn slightly to look at him and frown as if he had just offended your choice. "What?"

He raises one hand and looks serious to play innocent, "Nothing."

Your eyes narrow at him in an attempt to appear threatening but the expression falls off your face as soon as you hear the intro to the film.

For the next hour and a half Matty sees a different side of you that he just can't help but smile permanently at. The way you laugh at the things Mr. Poppy pulls, how you seem so moved by Paul's failed romance and your quiet singing along with the songs that the kids perform.

Matty had never seen something special about the film before but he reconsidered just because of how much you seemed to enjoy it.

The next film you watch is chosen by Matty, and it's certainly a big contrast to what you've just watched because of course he's picked 'American Pie'. But you don't complain though because you've not seen this movie in a while and you've forgotten how much it makes you laugh.

You only realise it's late when the film has ended and you find yourself yawning, "I'm so tired." Your words muffle as you cover your mouth to yawn.

Looking down at you over your shoulder, Matty's a little surprised at how relatively early you get tired. 1:23am is not a time he finds himself wanting to go to bed anymore, especially after a spell of touring, so he has to ask, "How do you manage when you're on a night out?"

You freeze for a second knowing how much worse your answer is gonna make you look but you quietly admit, "I take a nap in advance."

Matty chuckles at your answer, "You are..." he trails off not even managing to get exactly what to say because he just finds you so fucking adorable that he feels the urge to kiss you again.

His hand comes to wrap around your neck softly and turns your head to the side so that you can meet him in the middle. You feel his smile on your lips at first but since the angle is tricky for you to keep your direction, Matty ends up having to tighten his hold slightly and when you moan softly in response, he's gone.

You feel something shift in the air when you twist towards him a little more so you can keep the kiss going. Matty deepens the kiss and it has your heart racing and chest aching with want. You want him so very badly.

When you need air, you pull back and with a spark of confidence, you turn back around to switch the blanket off before you lift it up and stand.

"Let's go." You stretch your hand out for him to take and seeing the shadow of mischief on your face, he smirks and reaches out for it.

Walking to your room, there's that unspoken knowledge that something is about to happen and there's a buzz in both of you that it's so clear to see when you catch a glimpse of each other's eyes.

You walk through your bedroom door and the fact that you close it behind you has Matty smirking that you've already decided he's staying in bed with you tonight. Again.

He takes off his shoes under your intent stare that tries to memorise every little thing he does as he moves.

You let your eyes wander around his back, the marked muscles showing through his white shirt, and when he comes to stand back up, you're caught looking him up and down again.

"Like what you see?"

You shrug, "Meh, it's alright." It's more than alright, way more, but he doesn't need to know that.

His payback is to get you to show how your body reacts in a very different way to what you've just stated. Matty has you moaning just from the intensity he comes back to kiss you, a hand tightly gripping onto your hip and the other wrapped around your neck like he's learning to know you like.

Matty's tongue teases your lips open and you accept it eagerly, your hands coming up over his shoulders to sink into his hair. You pull on it as you taste him, swallowing the moan that he lets out. You hum in satisfaction as you note how much louder he's been in comparison to you.

And Matty seems to know just what you want by the way you pull his hair. So he lets his hand drop slowly from your hip to cup your arse and pull you in firmly by it, pushing his hips forwards at the same time so the friction could get you both.

Your mouth hangs open at the action, exhaling shakily, so you stop the kiss and he smiles right over your lips.

"I thought we were going to bed?" Matty's breathless words hit your face and the teasing doesn't make you hide now, it only pushes you further.

"Oh we can go to bed."

He's not even sure if he's heard you correctly when you grab his hand and guide him to your bed. Matty sits down at the edge of it, still taken aback by the switch in your behaviour but he quickly gets into your flow, grabbing a handful of your arse to pull you forward until your thighs hit his knees.

Your bottom lip is trapped in your teeth as you look down at him but your mouth hangs open when his hand drops to the back of your thigh and guides you to bring your knee up and rest it beside his hip.

Instantly, you catch the instruction and you bring your other leg up on bed to fully straddle him. And you don't even get yourself settled before you meet again in a kiss that grows hungry with the way your hands wander.

One of your hands is tangled in the curls at the nape of his neck while the other is clutching at his shirt, right at where it's open and showing his Annie tattoo.

Matty has one of his hands cupping your jaw, his thumb rubs softly on your cheek and it's so different to the tight hold he has on your left thigh which you'll find later to have left the faint mark of his fingers.

It gets carried away, between kisses and shy touches under clothes until he has you flush against his lap and encourages you to move your hips.

You gasp, breaking the kiss and watch as he throws his head back slowly at the friction of your hips rolling slowly on his. Matty's neck is on full show then and it's so bare that you feel the urge to start kissing it.

That only has Matty, whose hands are tightly on your hips, helping you move faster in search of relief. He's waited so long to feel you like this and it's already driving him insane how much better it is than what he'd been picturing as his hands wandered into his boxers many evenings when he was away on tour.

He knew he'd wanted you ever since the date, but he'd promised himself it wouldn't happen until New Years or after that. If he was lucky enough for you to want the same thing, that particular day could turn out to be the best new year's eve ever.

But here he is, unable to keep his hips still and his hands to himself. It's a battle between his mind and his body, so loud in his head but his erratic heartbeat is louder and deafening - all Matty knows is that right now, he needs relief.

So he continues encouraging you, but now he's also rolling his hips up into you and it's quickly that he feels himself getting harder beneath you.

You moan into his mouth, loving his hands on you but the friction of the both of your jeans has you really want to get things moving. Suddenly, you break the kiss and push hard on Matty's chest so his back hits the bed.

It has the singer dizzy but excited and he almost groans seeing you hover over him with a filthy grin on your face before you trap him in another searing kiss. Matty pulls on your waist so you're flush against him with one hand as the other he continues to encourage your hips to grind against his.

When Matty lets out a long groan, you quickly kiss down his jaw and you move down his neck, leaving open mouthed kisses until you reach the tattoo on his chest. The way his hand roots in your hair has you understanding his silent instructions, he encourages you back up and you only let him feel the brush of your lips and your hot breath as you do.

You can see the way his Adam's apple bobs up and down before he takes a shaky breath. When you reach just under his ear, you leave one last hot kiss to his skin and continue to bite on his ear lobe, pulling on it slowly.

His loud moan makes you let go and pull back with a big smirk, and just because you love seeing him so desperate under you, you look down at him only to roll your hips more intently.

The singer pulls you into another kiss, this one has more urgency than the others though and the tug on your hair makes you whine. Pleased he has some payback, his hand pulls on your waist again, needing you as close as possible. When his hips start bucking up into yours again, like he does in his consumption interlude, all sane thinking on your part dies with the loud moan you let out.

It has Matty smirking and he breaks the kiss so he can kiss your neck like you just did to him. He wants to hear all of the noises he can pull from those pretty lips of yours.

You're growing too hot in your clothes as his kisses trail down your skin. You need them off urgently so you can feel his lips move lower than your collarbone. And after another long kiss, you are about to take your top off when he suddenly makes your hips stop at the same time he does.

"I'm gonna need you to stop doing that because I don't want to shag you tonight." Matty says breathlessly after he snaps back into himself. Something about the way you looked so sure about this whole thing happening right now was what had him realising he needed to stop if he was to keep his promise.

"Not tonight?" You laugh a little, trying to calm yourself down.

It doesn't feel necessarily like rejection because you can see the lust in his eyes and how his grip on you is still tight, but it does sting a little that after all that he 'doesn't want to shag you tonight'.

Only tonight? You ask in your head, thinking back to see if there was anything you might've missed or done that had him decided on not tonight.

But soon you're brought back out of your thoughts when you sit still on his lap and he shifts under you for a second, a pained frown on his face. You can't believe you've got Matty Healy under you, and you can feel you've made him hard. What the fuck. It's a little difficult to process that it is your reality but thankfully he distracts you again.

"No," Matty starts still trying to catch his breath but he doesn't waste more time to explain, he pushes himself up so he's upright again as he says, "Don't get me wrong. I want to, but the thought of New Years has been keeping me going Y/N/N, can't mess with everything I'm hoping for it to be."

That blows the slight sting away and you're back to your teasing self again, "Presumptuous of you." Both your hands come up to fix the collar of his shirt, "Who told you I shag on the first date?"

"Not our first," Matty corrects you with a raised brow, "And I've been here twice before so it's going to basically be our fourth." Then he brings back your own words to go against you, "And you practically told me on our date that you would shag on the first date too."

He takes the silence you give him as you've been caught between your own words to continue, though this time there's a smirk on his face. "Besides presumptuous? You were just fucking grinding on me, baby."

"Well who was encouraging me to?" You just end up laughing at him and he giggles too.

Both of you silently smile at each other for a few seconds then. Just happy in each other's company and being so close, or that is until Matty speaks back up.

"I'm sorry." Matty says, genuinely feeling bad because of how far he let the both of you get into it and you do look a tad disappointed.

"Why are you apologising? Don't apologise." You shake your head and assure him, "It's fine," To show your sincerity you peck his lips once more, "More than fine."

Seeing you smile at him like that has his heart melting. He really likes you, and he can't wait to take you out on this date next week.

Matty leans in to quickly kiss you again before he brings his jokey nature back. He looks all cute but smug when he says, "We can start the new year off with a bang."

Whilst that excites you to no end, you have to shake your head, hating how cringe that was. You warn him, "Not if you keep them Dad jokes coming."

"Yeah, don't call me daddy." Matty quite seriously begs.

"Don't worry." You promise him. "I definitely won't."

"Come on," Matty presses another kiss to your lips and encourages, "Let's get ready for bed."

"M'kay." You hum, getting off his lap and turning around to grab some clothes to sleep in.

You're not even a step away from him when he slaps your arse making you let out a little gasp and to that he only giggles. You can feel how hard he's smirking so pleased with himself.

Opening your wardrobe, you pick your pyjamas and smile seeing your 'lol ur not Matt Healy' top be revealed folded under the top you're about to put on.

Not wanting to appear like a prude, you take off your top in front of him, letting him see you in your bra and you don't mind the way his eyes linger on you as excess confidence from earlier is still running through you.

You were about to ask him if he likes what he sees as payback for his earlier question but instead you watch as he groans, "Oh fuck me."

"I was about to, but you wanted to stop." You raise your eyebrows at him, loving that you can tease him with that and you grab your pyjama top and let it cover you up.

Matty looks like he's calling himself an idiot in his head which makes you giggle a little as you undo your jeans and take them off. Despite the eyes on you, the adrenaline from before stops you getting flustered under his gaze and Matty groans at you as you take your bra off under your top and you throw it at him before you head to your ensuite.

Giggling to yourself at his reaction, you let yourself take a breather as you get yourself ready for bed. You're not surprised that you seem a little flushed as you see yourself in the mirror, but you like the way you look, you look happy.

That's why when you head back to your bedroom after barely 5 minutes since you unconsciously rushed through your bedtime routine, you have a bright smile on your face that grows bigger when you see Matty already under your covers, shirtless and mindlessly scrolling through his phone.

Pulling back the covers, you try not to visibly choke when you see he's just in his black Calvins. You once again have to push back the pure and utter filth that enters your mind as you settle into bed beside him.

Trying your best not to appear awkward as fuck, you shuffle down and get comfy, and even turn towards him after you put your phone on charge. Matty locks his phone after a few seconds, putting it on your other bedside table before he turns back and smiles at you.

"Come here." Matty says, raising his arm up so you can shuffle closer to him, and you do but you're not the most confident about it.

You tuck your shoulder under his, so your head can rest on him and you feel his arm go around your back and pull you into him that bit closer. You've reverted back to being a little shy and you're awkwardly wondering where you should put your arm. You don't know whether to place it on his chest or keep it tucked into yourself and Matty is watching your brain tick over, so he helps you out a little.

"Cuddle me, woman." Matty instructs, and he teases you, "You weren't shy ten minutes ago."

You feel your face flame at the reminder, but you do as you're told. Your hand ends up resting just at the bottom of the tattoo on his chest and to avoid further embarrassment you take a deep breath to try and make yourself relax a bit more as you snuggle into him, tangling your legs with his.

This has the singer grinning like a fucking idiot. He's been wanting this since the last time he fell asleep beside you. For months he's been wanting to hold you through the night again and he silently applauds himself again for restraining from going further with you before because at one point he'd thrown everything he wanted for New Years out the window.

He's beyond happy he didn't though. The anticipation of New Years had been eating away at him, made him extremely excited at the mere thought of seeing you again, even more so because of the small amount you'd actually been messaging each other in between. It definitely made things more exciting for him, and he can't wait for next week already.

Matty pulls you into him a little more, and he kisses the top of your head, smiling as he says, "No tears tonight, yeah?"

"Yeah, don't worry," You laugh knowing he's teasing you for last time, when you were listening to About You instead of going to sleep. You tell him, "I'll just cry when I finally hear it live."

"When are you coming?" Matty asks you, genuinely curious, "O2 shows?"

"Yeah I got tickets for London, Manchester, Newcastle," You tell him, trying your best not to sound like a massive fucking stalker, and you almost hate it when you add, "And persuaded Amelia to come with me to Belfast even though it's on her birthday."

Matty asks, "You're not coming to the first one in Brighton?"

"I want to be, but I unfortunately can't." You sigh, "I won't be in the country."

Matty leans down to look at you curiously then, "What?"

"It's top secret." You say seriously, as you'll get in trouble if the news gets out early, "You can't tell anyone if I tell you."

"I swear, I won't." Matty offers you his little finger and you smile, happily hooking yours around it to seal the deal.

"Me and Amelia have been asked to be the official red carpet hosts at the Golden Globes."

Mattys jaw drops then and you chuckle as it still really doesn't even feel real coming out of your own mouth.

"Y/N/N!" Matty suddenly shifts then so your head falls off his arm and he's hovering next to you so he can see your face properly. He looks so excited for you as he says, "That's fucking insane!"

"I know." You grin up at him.

"Tell me everything!" Matty isn't even joking. He wants to hear how it all happened, and you have no issue with telling him.

You explain how you and Amelia were contacted, the meetings you've already had, the research you've had to do, the endless films and shows you've had to watch and take notes on. And you find yourself being unable to stop smiling, half because what you're saying still feels so unreal to you, and half because of the way Matty can't stop grinning down at you.

After him telling you that he's happy for you and proud of you, you had to sweetly kiss him one last time before you snuggled into him again before going to sleep. Both clutching each other, with huge smiles on your faces.

~*~*~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 88 14
C O M P L E T E D "'I'd love it if we made it, Matty.' - Frankie suddenly sighed to herself and proceeded to close her textbooks. 'I'd love it if I...
7K 479 9
in which matty healy is dying and in love - two of the worst combinations a person could be, and he wishes to spend his time lost within his own head...
13.2K 435 76
- matty healy x oc - "you look a million times lovelier than the stars, gabby." matty said as he looked deeply into her hazel brown eyes, - as if it...
71.6K 1.2K 119
when you're 17 and not looking for love you find it in the most unexpected places at least that's the case for grace. meeting a stranger at 3am with...