๐™ต๐šŠ๐š–๐š’๐š•๐šข ๐šƒ๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ | ๐™ถ๐š›๏ฟฝ...

By Lily_May2105

In the world of Seuss, follow our cast of characters through the past, present, and future to see my version... More

~๐—–๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜~
- ๐—ฃ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜ -
๐š†๐š‘๐šŠ๐š'๐šœ ๐™ธ๐š— ๐™ฐ ๐™ฝ๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ?
๐š†๐š‘๐šŽ๐š— ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ถ๐š˜๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ถ๐šŽ๐š๐šœ ๐šƒ๐š˜๐šž๐š๐š‘
- ๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ญ -
๐™ฝ๐šž๐š–๐š‹
๐š†๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐™ธ ๐š‚๐š‘๐š˜๐šž๐š•๐š'๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š‚๐šŠ๐š’๐š
๐™ธ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š›๐šž๐šœ
๐™ด๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šข ๐™ผ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š†๐šŽ'๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š‚๐š‘๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ๐š
- ๐—™๐˜‚๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฒ -
๐™ฑ๐šž๐š๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ท๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š๐šœ
๐™ต๐š›๐š˜๐šฃ๐šŽ๐š— ๐š†๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ
๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐šŠ๐š ๐šƒ๐š˜ ๐š๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šข
๐š๐šŽ๐š–๐šŽ๐š–๐š‹๐š›๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ
๐™ฐ๐šœ ๐™ป๐š˜๐š—๐š ๐™ฐ๐šœ ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ'๐šœ ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐š›๐š’๐šœ๐š๐š–๐šŠ๐šœ
๐™ด๐šก๐š™๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š
๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‚๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š” ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š•๐š’๐š—๐š
๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ถ๐š’๐š๐š ๐™พ๐š ๐™ป๐š’๐š๐šŽ

๐™ฐ ๐™ฑ๐š•๐šŠ๐š—๐š” ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š—๐šŸ๐šŠ๐šœ

107 2 0
By Lily_May2105

Summary:
Growing up, Michellee wasn't always the confident person she is today; for she was often put under a lot of pressure by her parents, specifically her mother. But at the age of fifteen and trying to get her life together, Michellee finally snaps.
-

In the world of Seuss, Meepville City is a prized jewel, having a population of over a thousand and many tourist attractions; it was no wonder everyone wanted to live in the big city.

But at Meepville High, we focus on one individual; a young fifteen-year-old girl wearing a purple ruffle hem dress and brown curly hair held by a headband that reached to the back of her neck, otherwise known as Michellee Weebie.

When many looked at Michellee Weebie, they saw the perfect child. In addition to her excellent grades and looks, her family was decently well-off financially.

Despite all the praise, Michellee felt trapped as can be.

That all came for her mother, Margaret Weebie. A headstrong woman with a strong belief that her way was always the right one.

Due to that reason, Michellee didn't exactly have any choice in what she wanted and would often be criticized if her choice didn't meet her mother's standards.

Her father, Charles, was the complete opposite of her mother and instead brought a comforting warmth into the household.

It makes one wonder how these two individuals ever found each other but that was mainly due to their marriage being more out of obligation.

Michellee's father was a big manufacturer in a trading company and was a well-known figure in the community. Michellee's mother had been a seamstress and they both met when Michellee's father needed his suit tailored. They became really close friends after that and soon figured that marriage was the next step in their relationship.

Still, her parents seemed to care for each other, even if it was not the same level of affection other couples had.

The only problem was that while Michellee's father was compassionate at heart, he was a bit of a push over when it came to Michellee's mother and her controlling habits.

Michellee loved her father, but he had a naive idea of what her mother claimed 'was the best for their daughter's wellbeing.'

The little friends Michellee had would often encourage her to forget about her mother's overbearing nature and let loose for once.

But in some strange way, Michellee couldn't find herself doing it, as she had worked very hard to receive her mother's approval in the first place. Besides, it wasn't as if Michellee followed her mother's every whim, as the pair would often bicker.

It also didn't mean Michellee wouldn't allow herself to take pride in her interest in art.

Ever since she was a child, Michellee had found herself drawn to painting. As she continued to improve, Michellee's art teachers would often encourage her to consider a career in the arts, as she clearly had talent.

Michellee knew she could do more in painting, but there was one person in her way, her mother.

Margaret had never taken interest in what Michellee wanted, her only goal was to make sure her daughter had a stable job, along with a suitable husband. Which was just her mother being a hypocrite in Michellee's opinion, as she had once been a part of a similar craft.

Because of this, Michellee knew her mother would never support her dream of becoming an artist and would shoot the idea down on the spot.

But Michellee knew her father would listen to reason as he has always encouraged her in the past.

With those thoughts in mind, Michellee grabbed a few books from her locker and closed it shut before making her way through the flock of students.

Today had been a stressful day for Michellee, as she had just turned in a painting she had spent weeks on for the Meepville art society, where they would choose the best painting to exhibit in a nearby museum.

Neither of her parents knew about it, but Michellee hoped she could tell her father if there were good results.

On her way out of the school building, Michellee saw a group of students hanging out with each other, looking so carefree. Michellee wished she could join them and feel like she was a part of a group.

With a longing sigh, Michellee made her way to the city streets.

-

Michellee came upon her street on foot that evening instead of taking the city bus, which would result in a scolding from her mother if she ever found out. But today, Michellee felt the need to clear her head as she gazed at the familiar townhouse.

Some would expect something grander but fortunately, her parents didn't believe in the idea of spending large amounts of money for space they didn't need. After all, Michellee was an only child.

When Michellee entered the large townhouse she was greeted by a middle-aged woman with brown fur and blond hair tied in a messy ponytail. It was Clarice Fairfield, the manager who runs her mother's store. Despite not being as involved, Michellee's mother still ensured that everything at her boutique was running smoothly.

"Michellee, how lovely to see you. I just got done meeting with your mother." Clarice chirped while clutching the notepad she always carried.

"Hey, Clarice." Michellee greeted back despite the damper in her mood.

Clarice noticed the sad look on Michellee's face and asked, "Are you alright, dear? You look like you're expecting someone to waltz in and break your heart."

Michellee sighed and played with the ends of her long curly brown hair. "Yeah, something like that."

Clarice placed a tentative hand on Michellee's shoulder. "Well, whatever is going on dear, I'm sure you'll figure it out. You're a smart girl after all."

While Clarice was a kind woman she was not the type to pry into other people's business, which relieved Michellee as she didn't like sharing sensitive topics.

Michellee nodded and thanked Clarice for the encouragement.

While going in the direction of the stairs, Michellee could hear her mother yelling at someone over the phone, likely from her office.

With a sigh, Michellee climbed the stairs, dreading the thought of facing her mother.

-

When dinner came around, Michellee begrudgingly entered the dining room to see her mother already seated at the diagonal table.

Through appearance, Michellee only shared a few traits from her mother, from her upturned nose and batting eyes. But Margaret Weebie's fur color was much lighter, which complimented her strawberry blond hair tied in a high bun. Michellee's neutral fur and brown hair all came from her father, who was currently absent at the table.

Margaret finally noticed Michellee and motioned her to come over.

"Michellee, what took you so long?" Margaret inquired impatiently as she watched her daughter take a seat between her and her husband's chair.

"I apologize, mother, I was busy with school work." Michellee lied, as she was actually planning her next art project

"Well at least you're here earlier than that sorry excuse of a father of yours," Margaret muttered more to herself as she took a bite of her salad.

Michellee decided not to say anything and copied her mother's movements.

Less than a minute later, Michellee's father came into the room holding the newspaper, with a slightly agitated look on his face.

Margaret dropped her fork in exasperation. "Charles, where have you been?! We had to start dinner without you!"

Charles narrowed his eyes at his wife while taking his seat at the table. "I'm sorry Margaret, but something came up. Not everything has to be made into a drama, you know?"

Margaret huffed and her eyes went back to her food.

At some point during the dinner, Michellee stopped paying attention as her parents' conversations drifted from the day's events to politics.

Michellee's interest was finally perked when she heard her mother address her.

Margaret clapped her hands together. "Michellee dear, I have some beneficial news for you."

Michellee turned to her mother while subconsciously leaning on her arm.

"Don't slouch when I'm talking to you, I'm your mother." Margaret chided, causing Michellee to take her arm off the table.

Margaret then dabbed her mouth with a napkin. "Now that I have your attention, your Aunt Millie and I have been talking and she has a friend in Cherryville with a son about your age."

Michellee did not like where this conversation was going but couldn't utter a word as her mother continued.

"We were thinking that you two could meet up and perhaps get to know each other better." Margaret mused with a twinkle in her eye.

Michellee felt herself stiffen as she realized what her mother was trying to pull.

"Mother, I'm not interested," Michellee stated calmly, trying to keep herself from exploding.

Margaret rolled her eyes. "Oh come on, it would be a great match! Trust me, I'm saving you the trouble by finding someone suitable."

"Who's to say that the person I pick won't be suitable?" Michellee replied smoothly.

Margaret waves her off. "Oh please, Michellee, be reasonable. You can hardly keep a friend."

"That's because all of the friends I make are never good enough for your standards," Michellee snaps.

Margaret shrugged nonchalantly, "It's not my fault all the people you bring home are incompetent."

At that point, Michellee felt rage and frustration towards her mother. She has done everything she could to be the perfect daughter and meet her mother's demands. Why does she continue to be so insistent with meddling in everything in her life?!

Charles, now sensing the dangerous tension in the room, said "Now Margaret, don't you think this is a bit much? She's only fifteen-years-old, she'll have plenty of time to find the right guy before even considering marriage."

"Exactly Charles! She's fifteen-years-old, meaning the sooner we find the right match for her, the sooner she'll be able to establish herself." Margaret argued, taking a sip of wine from her cup.

Michellee was finally at her breaking point watching her parents argue back and forth, so she snarkily said, "Mother, shouldn't I should decide what I want?"

Margaret stopped talking and looked at Michellee as if she had ten heads before curtly responding with, "And what could you possibly want Michellee? You're hardly interested in any of the choices I gave you."

Michellee's lips pressed together in a thin line as she felt herself growing agitated, "This is the problem mother, you're way too controlling of my life! You constantly belittle my choices as flawed and haven't considered the fact that I don't want to end up like you!"

Margaret's composure didn't falter as she held her head up. "Don't talk back to me, young lady! Can you blame me for wanting what's best for you?"

"No, it's what's best for you! I want to paint, mother! But you wouldn't know that since you hardly take interest in what I like!" Michellee exclaimed, standing up from her chair.

Margaret sighed and pressed her hand to her forehead in disappointment.

"Painting? Michellee, that job requires real skill. Without talent, people out there would eat you alive. You're better off being a housewife."

Michellee dramatically slammed her hands against the table, catching Margaret off guard.

"As much as I want children someday, I don't want to spend my entire life dedicated to a man! I want to be somebody, mother? Why can't you see that?!" Michellee cried, waving her hands around in exasperation.

"Because Michellee, the real world isn't as glamorous as it seems. People are cruel and take advantage of those under them. I had to learn that the hard way. I'm simply trying to keep you from making a horrible mistake. You must understand that!" Margaret argued.

Charles, who had been watching the whole argument nervously from his chair, tried to find his voice.

"Margaret, please-Don't you think..."

Margaret either didn't hear her husband or just completely ignored him. "The point is Michellee-As long as you are a part of this family, you will obey our rules! Meaning that I will not tolerate this sort of disobedience!"

Scrunching her brows together angrily, Michellee stomped away from the dining table to the door and venomously said, "I wish I was never a part of this family!" Before slamming the door shut, causing both of her parents to flinch.

After a few moments of silence, Charles narrowed his eyes at his wife in disapproval and stood up from the table.

"As much as I care for you Margaret, you're too much sometimes."

Charles then grabbed his newspaper and left the room, which left Margaret to suffer through the suffocating silence.

-

Michellee ran up to her room, locked the door, and collapsed onto her bed as sobs escaped her. The fifteen-year-old had never fully gone off on her mother like that and it had been exhausting. It felt like she had been talking to a brick wall.

It wasn't fair. Michellee had done everything her mother had asked her to do. Couldn't she choose for herself this once?

After minutes of endless sobs and hiccups, Michellee lifted her head to rub her now puffy eyes.

While laying near the edge of her bed, Michellee saw something sticking out from underneath.

Pulling it out, Michellee realized it was one of the black canvases she had been saving for her next project as she sometimes had to sneak in supplies.

With the argument fresh on her mind, Michellee went into her closet, grabbing her easel and a paint bucket.

Opening the new can of paint, Michellee dipped her brush into it and leaned closer to the easel to spread the brush across the blank canvas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 6.8K 68
Mabuhay! Welcome! and bunฤƒ! This oneshots, imagines, prompts or references about our adorable Papichullo and his characters are rightfully made by yo...
16.8K 124 34
I DIDNT WRITE THESE. GO GIVE THEM A HAND ON TUMBLR. DONT VOTE FOR THIS JUST READ IT VOTE FOR THEIRS. I HAVE MY OWN ONESHOTS BOOK FOR THAT BY MYSELF C...
152K 2.4K 24
This is going to be mostly, if not all, fluff with Georgie. If there is anything triggering or 18+ I will put a disclaimer at the top of the chapter...
122K 3.7K 39
This is a Tommyinnit one-shots. No smuts or shipping. This will have short or long stories. Kinda had to upload it again. Cover not my art