Aftermath

By heartlessbrock

This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy! More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
Not a chapter

107

3.3K 71 47
By heartlessbrock

Colby's POV

It hurt to see Julia in so much pain. I couldn't imagine how difficult this was for her to process.

It had been a couple days since she found out she was pregnant, and it's been terrible for her.

Julia would hardly sleep, every time she would try she would wake up screaming and crying.

She couldn't eat because she was feeling so sick all the time and her seizures were starting to get bad again.

I worried about her constantly, but she would hardly let me touch her. It was so hard to watch as she flinched away from me most of the time.

Sometimes when she would feel more comfortable she would let me hold her, or she would let me lay in bed with her.

I understood that this was part of the process but I wished she would adjust a little more.

Tomorrow we were leaving to go to LA so we could see the guy Nate was talking about.

Julia refused to talk about her pregnancy because I don't think she knew what to do. I couldn't blame her because it was a massive decision but I wished she would talk it out with me.

I knew making the trip to LA was going to be hard because she hasn't left the apartment since we rescued her but she was going to be with me the whole time.

Luckily, Julia was getting more comfortable with Sam also.

I was able to stay in the apartment with her this whole time but before we left I had to take care of a couple of things.

Julia was my main concern but unfortunately work still needed to be done.

I didn't tell Julia that I was keeping Will alive for the time being. I didn't want her freaking out, knowing that he was alive.

Granted, he was locked away in a prison not seeing even an ounce of sunlight a day. I wasn't giving him an easy life by any means and I was going to torture him until I eventually killed hun.

It just didn't make sense that he killed Adam, although looking back I wasn't even entirely sure he was dead.

After Quill made his grand appearance with being alive, I should have checked to make sure Adam was dead.

I just knew I needed to get back to Julia.

"Where is she?" Sam asked as I opened the front door and let him in.

I was so grateful that we was staying up here to help with things. I knew he was willing to do it and wanted to do it, but I could tell he was missing home.

"In the bedroom. It hasn't been the best day." I said with a sigh. Julia was still hardly speaking and she was having seizures left and right.

I had to imagine it was due to the stress, but it wasn't good for her.

"Has she eaten anything?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "Can't keep anything down. If you can try to get her to eat something, I'd appreciate it." I said with a sigh.

"Sure thing, man." Sam said with a nod. "Great, I'm gonna say goodbye to her, then I'll head out." I said then went into the bedroom.

"Hey, sweetheart." I said and walked over to the bed, sitting next to her. "I'm gonna go to work for a little bit, but Sam is here." I explained as she shook her head.

"You don't want me to go?" I asked and brushed her hair from her face. Julia shook her head again, her lip quivering.

"I know it's scary, but I have to sort some things out. I promise I'll be back later." I said quietly.

"Why don't you come and hang out with Sam. I can get your art supplies set up." I suggested, caressing her cheek gently.

"Okay." She said then sniffled and sat up. "That's my girl." I said with a grin then helped her stand up.

This was really the first time she has showed interest in anything I suggested so I was very grateful she was at least trying.

When we got to the living room, Julia went to sit on the couch while I grabbed her paints and stuff.

"Hey, Jules. How are you feeling?" Sam asked as Julia shrugged. "Yeah, I can only imagine what you've been going through." He said with a sigh as I set up her art supplies.

"If it's any consolation, Kat is really excited to see you." He said causing Julia to bite her lip and look down.

Something was going on in her head that I couldn't understand. I could only assume she was ashamed about what happened to her, but it wasn't her fault.

None of this was her fault.

"Alright, everything is set up for you. Sam, whatever she wants you can get her." I said as Sam chuckled.

"Jules, ask Colby to Venmo me a million dollars." He said with a grin as Julia smiled slightly. It was only a small flinch of a smile, but it caused my heart to jolt.

I missed her beautiful smile.

"I'll be back later, call me if you need me." I said then walked up to Julia. "Promise?" She asked in almost a whisper. "I promise. I love you." I said then kissed her forehead.

I didn't want to kiss her on the lips because I didn't know if she was ready for that yet. It was such a rough situation because I would never take advantage of her, but the trust was lost.

I couldn't blame her.

"I'm serious, call if you need." I said to Sam as he nodded. "We're just gonna hang out." He said with a grin as I nodded and grabbed my keys then left the apartment.

I had to admit it was a little strange leaving the apartment since my full attention was on Julia for the past week.

I didn't necessarily want to leave her right now, but I needed to deal with some people.

Things have apparently been very tense down at base according to Jeremy.

I knew some people that were in the gang were working for Quill and Adam, but I didn't know who so I changed the locks so only I was able to get in and out of base.

It was cruel to the people who had no part in this but I wasn't fucking playing around. What these fuckers did to Julia would never be forgiven, especially now that she was pregnant.

When I got down to base, I was met by five angry guys. "What the fuck is going on, Brock?" Jeff asked as I clenched my jaw.

"Back down." I snapped then turned and started going down the hallway. "You can't trap us here!" Brandon said as I shook my head.

"I can do whatever the fuck I want. Go to the conference room." I said then made my way to Jeremy's office.

I opened the door to see him sitting behind his desk. "Oh, hey boss." He said and looked up at me. "What are you doing?" I asked and went to sit across from him.

"Composing an email to the governor for you. We have to explain that we found Adam and killed him." He said as I nodded. "I want to meet with him at some point to go over a couple things." I said with a sigh.

"You got it. I'll send you the email when I'm done so you can check it over." Jeremy said and leaned back in his chair.

"Great." I mumbled. "How's Jules?" Jeremy asked as I ran my fingers through my hair. "Not great." I said then stood up.

"Have you talked to Will?" I asked as he shook his head. "Not for a couple days." He said as I hummed. "Perfect. I'm gonna pay him a visit." I said then left the room.

Only Jeremy and I had access to the room I had Will locked in. It was kinda nerve-racking even trusting Jeremy with this stuff, but he has proved to be loyal to me.

When I got to the room I went inside to see Will sitting on the bed in the straight jacket I forced him to wear.

"Colby-" He said with a pleading tone. "Don't call me that." I spat, locking the door again. "Also stop looking at me like that. What did you think would happen to you after you what you did?" I asked angrily.

"I trusted you, and you betrayed not only me but someone you considered a daughter." I said and paced in front of him.

"You're lucky you're even alive right now." I said then clenched my jaw. "Let me talk to her, I'll explain." Will said as I lunged forwards, grabbing his chin with force.

"You're not going anywhere fucking near her." I growled.

There was a hint of fear in his eyes, giving me a sense of satisfaction. He deserved to be scared, and he deserved to be tortured.

"I'm going to give you five minutes to tell me why the fuck you would do this." I said then let go of him. "Go." I demanded, glaring at him.

"Paul and I have been friends for a long time. I watched his kids grow up and have been working beside him for as long as I can remember." Will explained.

"When you killed him, I thought I would have to transition to your power. However, when I went to clean up the body he was gone." Will said as I paced in front of him, listening intently.

"A couple weeks later, he reached out and he offered for me to join him in the plan to bring you down." He explained.

"He was furious with Julia because she chose you over her own father. He wanted her to suffer and eventually perish, only after watching him kill you." He said with a sigh.

"She didn't deserve that, but I was in deep already. I had to go along." Will said with remorse. "I never wanted to hurt her, but I had to do it. So, when Julia killed him I finally felt free from him." He said then looked up at me.

"I'm sorry for doing it." He apologized with sincerity. "You can kill me, but please just let me apologize to Julia." He begged.

The way he was talking, I wanted to let him. It seemed like he was being genuine and that he actually felt bad for what he did to Julia.

I would have to think about letting him apologize to her, but the chances of it happened were slim.

Julia had been through so much that I had to protect her as best as I could.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 7.1K 112
This is a sequel to heartless, if you haven't read that one yet, read that haha love you guys!
2.6M 34.8K 108
@colby_brock started following you.
1.2M 20.4K 136
The world can be a dangerous place with dangerous people. Julia White would soon learn to not trust people so much. It's a gang/crime book idk. Just...
306K 8.6K 170
Fourth book of the Lucky series.