Life is Liz (LiL, #1)

By Katharina_Rose

"Really perfection is only just impossibility." ~~~~ Sometimes I'm happ... More

Part1: The one week agreement
Chapter 1: Breakdowns
Chapter 2: Talks With Your Best Friend
Chapter 3: Awkward Moments, Football And Ryan
Chapter 4: Guys, Games And Jackets
Chapter 5: The Party
Chapter 6: After Effects
Chapter 7: Let The Agreement Begin
Chapter 8: Summer Memories And A Date?
Chapter 9: The Pact
Chapter 10: Part 1: Hatred
Chapter 10: Part 2: Teaching Sessions
Chapter 11: Late Night Activities
Chapter 10.5-11: Ryan's POV
Chapter 13: Story Time
Chapter 14: Helper Syndrom
Chapter 15: Part 1: Cookies, Pizza and Taylor Swift
Chapter 15: Part 2: Guilty As Charged
Chapter 16: The Bus Incident
Chapter 17: Fights
Chapter 18: Speeches
Chapter 19: Phone Calls
Chapter 20: Andromeda
Chapter 21: The Breakfast Club
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: Air
Part 2: Revelations
Chapter 24: Practice
Chapter 25: People Are Idiots
Chapter 26: Grow A Pair
Chapter 27: Milk And Freedom
Chapter 28: A Secret Confession?
Chapter 29: Eugene's Ass
Chapter 30: Ant-Man
Chapter 31: Crazy Bitch
Chapter 32: Unfairness
Chapter 33: Queen Elizabeth
Chapter 34: Part 1: Red Roses & Anxiety
Chapter 34: Part 2: Cuddly birds
Chapter 35: A step in the right direction
Chapter 36: Run, Forest, run!
Chapter 37: Dinner with the fam
Chapter 38: On the run
Chapter 39: Popcorn, Vanilla and Handsome Snales
Chapter 40: His Lifeline
Please watch
Chapter 41: Liar
Chapter 42: Not A Flicker Of Light
Chapter 43: Thawed Frost
Chapter 44: Forget Me
Chapter 45: Family Reunions
Chapter 46: Not Good For You
Chapter 47: A Piece of History
Chapter 48: Closer
Chapter 49: Meeting Sam
Chapter 50: Bittersweet
Chapter 51: Life is Liz
Chapter 52: Turning Tables
Chapter 53: Self Medication
Chapter 54: Surprise, Surprise!
Chapter 55: Part 1: First Times
Chapter 55: Part 2: More Firsts
Chapter 56: Food Convos
Chapter 57: I'm Sorry
Chapter 58: Excuses
Chapter 59: Panic
Chapter 60: The Twist In My Story
Chapter 61: Selfish Intentions
Chapter 62: Jersey Jealousy
Chapter 63: Ignorance
Chapter 64: Night After Night
Chapter 65: I Love You Too
Chapter 66: Intricate Thoughts
Chapter 67: Fuck(ed)
The Sequel Is Up

Chapter 12: Weird Fights, 'Dancing' And Interference

279 18 6
By Katharina_Rose

So I hope this isn't too confusing therefor I added this little recap. Hope you enjoy.

Oh and the song up at the top is I don't dance by Sunrise Avenue. It will be necessary for the end (you'll know which part ;)) so check it out. 

Recap

Suddenly Logan appeared at the staircase. "What's going?" he asked sleepily, running a hand through his messy hair.

"Nothing I just came downstairs to wake Liz," Jer said, pulling away from his sister and letting her climb on his lap.

Logan yawned and nodded, not caring at all.

"We have to get going if you want to go home before school starts," Jer said.

"He's right I'll have to go home too," Logan looked down at his pajama.

"I could drive Liz, so you don't have to hurry," Jer suggested, standing up with Hayley in his arms.

"Thanks, but it's okay," Logan turned him down. He turned to me. "Ready?" he raised a brow and analyzed my outfit.

"Do I look like I'm ready?" I questioned, placing one hand on my hip.

"That depends," he replied with a small smirk. I rolled my eyes.

"Jer I left my things in your bathroom, right?" he nodded. And I made my way upstairs and changed into my clothes from yesterday. I quickly went to the guest room putting my shoes on and searching for my bag. And after a few minutes I successfully found it in the dresser. I grabbed it and flew down the steps. The three of them were still in the living room.

I walked over to the coffee table and grabbed my phone. "Okay," I said,turning around. "I'm ready to go."

I hugged little Hayley and waved my goodbye to Jeremy with a 'see ya'. We were about to leave when something, or more like somebody, flashed through my mind. I turned around. "Somebody has to wake Ryan," I said to Jer. He nodded, "will do."

We entered Logan's car and drove off toward my house. Toward the next obstacle. Facing my parents.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dance as though no one is watching Love as though you've never been hurt Sing as though no one can hear you Live as though heaven is on earth 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz's POV

The ride to my house was filled with a comfortable silence. I was way too sleepy to talk so I just leaned my head against the window, my legs pushed up my chest. "You slept on the couch?" Logan asked me after some time.

I nodded, although he probably didn't look at me. So I spoke up. "Yeah, I fell asleep while reading," I mumbled and wrapped my arms around my legs.

"You just could have read upstairs," he said nonchalantly.

"I know, but I didn't want to wake you," I said still not looking at him.

After that short conversation it was silent until we pulled up to my house. I grabbed my bag from the floor and turned to Logan. "Okay, so I'll go and talk to my parents while you drive to your place to get changed and stuff, okay?" He nodded and I made my way to my house.

Since it was early Wednesday, my parents would still be home. So I knocked at the door and a minute later my mom appeared. "Liz? It's still early what are you doing here?"

I sighed and fumbled with the strap of my bag, crossing my arms over my chest. "I have to talk to you."

My mom frowned and furrowed her eyebrows. "Sure sweetie. What is it? Come in," she beckoned me in. I entered my house and turned around, facing my mom.

"Where's dad?" I asked, knitting my eyebrows in confusion.

"He already left. He said he had to do something in the office that couldn't wait." She crossed her arms over her chest. "So? What's wrong, honey?" she asked with worry.

I sighed again. "Mom I haven't slept at Logan's house. I was at Jeremy's place," I paused. She narrowed her eyes at me, grinning from ear to ear. "What?" I asked, confused.

"Oh nothing, honey. Keep going," she said with a smirk. I sighed again.

"I was there, because I wasn't feeling well yesterday," I informed her. Her smile faded.

"Well, why would you go to Jeremy, then?" she asked confused.

"'Cause Jer's mom is a doctor," I explained.

"Why would you sleep over then?"

"I fell asleep and they didn't want to wake me." Well at least that's kind of true.

"What do you exactly mean when you say you didn't feel well?"

"I was dizzy and felt sick and that kind of stuff," I answered.

She narrowed her eyes at me, suspicious. "Elizabeth Beatrice Hope Graham don't tell me you are pregnant!" she rose her voice.

I knitted my eyebrows together. "WHAT?!" The second time that day. "Why do people keep asking me that?" I asked no one in particular. "Mom you know that I don't have a boyfriend and that I'm not the kind of girl who sleeps around!" I rose my voice as well.

"Okay, okay. I apologize. You can't be too sure with the youth these days," she mumbled. My mom knew that I wasn't the person to yell especially not at my family, so she understood that I was serious.

After we both calmed down she spoke up again. "And what did she say?"

"She said that it was out of exhaustion, because I couldn't sleep that night. Plus out of hunger and dehydration." I stated.

"Elizabeth, why didn't you eat?" she asked harshly.

"I was so preoccupied with studying and all that, that I've forgotten."

She sighed. "Liz, you have to eat, that's one of the most important things you have to do. The same goes for drinking," she said with furrowed brows.

I sighed. "Yeah mom, I know. I promise I will do it from now on."

"Okay," she said after a moment of silence.

She led me to the kitchen, where her purse and black blazer lay on the kitchen counter. My mom was dressed in a black pancel skirt and a white blouse. Her hair was pulled up in a formal bun. She went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water and handed it to me. "Put it in your bag so you don't forget to drink," she smiled at me. I took it and thanked her.

I walked to the stool, situated in front of the kitchen counter and sat down. "The bride doesn't need me till 8:30. She's sleeping in today with her fiance. We are going to go wedding dress shopping later ."

I nodded. My mom was a wedding planner. She loved her job. My mom was one of those people who liked talking. I think she couldn't work in an office. The whole day sitting behind a desk, typing stuff in a computer. Hell, my mom didn't even know how to use a computer or technical stuff altogether. She needed the social contact with clients. Or with people in general. "How's Stacey?" Stacey was mom's personal assistant. She was in her mid twenty's, very polite and new how to wrap clients around her little finger.

"Good. Actually very good for that matter." I knitted my brows. "She is in love." I raised both eyebrows.

"Really? That's nice. I'm happy for her." I said as I unscrewed the bottle of water in my hands. "Did you interrogate her already?" I took a sip. My mom was really curious and that compared with the fact that she liked to talk much....

She scoffed. "Elizabeth, I'd never interrogate somebody," she said with fake hurt. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, how'd you call it then?"

She tapped her index finger against her chin, deep in thought. "Questioning."

I chuckled. "Okay and did you question her?" I asked, taking another sip of the water.

She nodded. "Yeah, I did. They met...." And that was when she told me the life story of her PA. She finished the story a few seconds before a knock was heard. Knowing that it was Logan I excused myself and stood up, walking to the front door. I opened it and was greeted by a freshly dressed Logan.

He had put on a dark grey shirt and denim jeans, his hair wasn't as messy as it was twenty minutes ago, a bright smile was on his lips and his eyes twinkled.

I let him in and turned around to walk to the kitchen. That was the moment his phone rang. He apologized and answered his phone. I shrugged and went back to my mom.

"Who was at the door?" she asked the moment I stepped into the kitchen.

"Logan," I answered casually. He was still standing on our front porch, talking on the phone.

She nodded with a smile. "Glad that I get to see him. We haven't seen each other in so long. You should invite him over for dinner sometime."

I nodded with a smile. I was sure that mom would do just that the second she saw my best friend. "Speaking of, what should I cook tonight when your friend comes over."

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

She raised both eyebrows. "The dinner with your friend, Ryan?"

My mouth formed an 'o' as realization washed over me. "Right. I forgot. Well, I don't know mom. Cook whatever you'd like. I don't think he's picky when it comes to food," I reassured her with a shrug.

"Okay then," she said grabbing her blazer and draped it over her forearm just as Logan appeared in the doorway. His left hand was shoved into his jeans pocket and the other one was wrapped around his phone. He was looking down at it, scrolling through something while leaning against the door frame. "Did you tell them that you fainted?" he asked without looking up to see the shocked faces of both my mother and me.

Thanks to my male best friend my lie was revealed. He looked up after a moment of silence. "What?" he asked confused.

"Elizabeth? Do you want to tell me something!" she almost yelled. I face palmed myself. Great, now she was upset. "You went unconscious?" she asked, her hands moving to her hips. I looked at my friend. Logan's mouth formed into an 'o' and his eyebrows were raised.

I looked at him with tired eyes. "Yes, I fainted. But it's not as bad as you may think-"

"You can't just go on and keep things from both me and your father, Liz. Especially not something as big as this one."

"I know, but I just don't want you to worry," I whined.

"We are your parents Elizabeth. That's our purpose." Everyone kept telling me that. My parents, Dr. Goodman, Logan. I was just tired of hearing it. I stayed silent.

"I know, but you-you don't understand. It's not that easy," I sighed.

"Tell me everything that happened," she demanded. I sighed and started talking, leaving the crying part and the fight with Ryan out of the story and telling her just the important things like that we had eaten ice cream and then I started to feel dizzy and stuff and that after that everything went black. After I told her all the stuff she had to know she decided that I'd stay in today and not go to school. My mom was easy to worry. And as she said that I'd stay at home I didn't protest.

"And you," she walked toward Logan, pointing a finger at him. Uh-oh. He held his hands up in surrender. I couldn't let my best friend get into trouble that I've caused. "When you called me last night you didn't tell me anything about what had happened. I'm disappointed in you Mister," she poked his chest with her finger. I walked to were they were standing, squeezing myself between the two. My back pressed into Logan's chest, facing my mom. She took a step back.

"Mom it wasn't his' fault. It... He did it because I've told him to. I begged him to give me the chance to explain it-" Logan interfered.

"Liz-" he started in a warning tone, but mom cut him off.

"Explain? You lied to me. You both did." she said in a disappointed tone, shaking her head slightly.

"Mom, please." I frowned. "I understand why you feel like that. But, please also understand why I did what I did," I begged.

She sighed, her features softened. I turned around. "I think you should go," I said quietly, getting on my tiptoes and wrapping my arms around him in a hug. I pulled away after a few seconds, he said goodbye to my mom in an apologetic tone and walked out of our house. I turned back around to face my mom.

She was sitting in the stool, I had occupied some moments ago. There was a minute of silence between us. "When will Ryan come over today?" she asked and I was glad for the change of topic.

I shrugged and walked over to her, jumping on the counter next to her. "I had told him that I'd let him know," I said, playing with the ring on my index finger.

"Would 7 be okay?"

"I guess," I shrugged.

"Okay, so while you are home you can either think about what you want to eat or you could help me prepare the dinner. Think about it," she got up and kissed my cheek. She grabbed her black purse and keys, draped her blazer back over her arm and turned around to get out the kitchen. "And Liz, go take a shower, you reek of sweat and boys!" she shouted from behind.

"Gee, thanks mom," I chuckled.

"Bye honey, and don't forget to eat and drink! And try to sleep a bit!" she shouted before I heard the front door shut.

I sighed. "Will do," I whispered.

\\\\\\\\

After I took a shower and got dressed in comfortable clothes I walked to my room to take my phone off the charger. I had put it there before I went to shower. And if you wondered, yes I was a singing-under-the-shower type of person and I was proud of it.

I unlocked my screen while drying my hair with a towel. There were a few messages from some of the guys, asking if I was okay and stuff. I text them reassuring messages back and turned the volume on before unlocking the screen again.

I plopped down onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. My room was rather plain. White walls, queen size bed, wooden desk, chair, dresser, closet and not to forget my bookshelf. That was it. Except, I guess two of my four plain walls weren't just white. They were plastered with stuff. One was full of pictures. And the other one-

I was back to reality when our doorbell rang through the house. I quickly got up and downstairs, opening the door after looking through the peephole. I was greeted by a warmly smiling Mrs. Peterson. I smiled politely back at her. "Victoria?" she asked hesitant.

I shook my head. "No, it's Elizabeth. Tori is my sister. I'm the younger one," I reminded her with a smile. Although we both, me and Tori, thought that we didn't look alike at all, other people had said that we looked like twins. And therefor our names got often mixed up. Sometimes they even combined our names. They'd have said half of the name and then it somehow came to their minds that it's the other sibling so that there'd arise really weird combinations, like Torliz or Elizatori.

"Elizabeth? My, you've grown," she said, placing a hand over her heart. I chuckled softly. Mrs. Peterson was our neighbor. She lived in the house across the street. I knew her since I was a toddler. She babysat me sometimes and would play something with me. But as the years went by I only got to see her on rare occasions.

Mrs. Peterson was an elder women, around her mid seventy's. She was small and had short, white hair. She successfully fought cancer a few years ago. And I remembered that my mom had told me a few weeks ago about another disease. One she was currently having. But I couldn't remember what it was.

"Is your mother still home?" she asked, looking around my frame to see inside.

I smiled at her and shook my head. "No mom went to work already. Can I help you with something?"

"Well, I wanted to ask your mom if she could go grocery shopping for me."

"That's perfect, because I also need to go," I smiled at her.

She tilted her head to the side. "Oh, can you drive?"

"No, but I wanted to go to the little grocery store close to the mall," I explained. She nodded.

"Well, if you don't mind," she said.

I shook my head. "No, I'll do it with pleasure," I waved it off.

"Okay, then. Here's the list," she handed me a piece of paper. I took it from her with a smile. "You don't have to hurry by the way. Just come over once you've finished all the stuff you have to do. And, oh, here," she said and handed me another piece of paper. A green piece of paper.

"Thanks, but I could have-" she cut me off.

"Nonsense, sweetheart, just take the money." I smiled at her and she turned around and walked to her house again. I shut the door and shoved the money in my sweatpants pocket. I walked to the refrigerator and rummaged through the fridge, looking for the ingredients we'd need from the store. I wrote them down on a post it and stuck it on the paper Mrs. Peterson gave me.

I walked upstairs, to my room, to get dressed 'properly'. I changed into a pair of ripped baggy denim jeans, pulled a baggy burgundy knit cardigan on over my tank top and slipped my white converse on. I grabbed my bag from yesterday, putting the money in my wallet and stuffing the paper in the side pocket, and slung it over my shoulder. I disconnected my phone from the charger and threw the charger on my bed. Shoving my phone into my jeans back pocket, I went downstairs and grabbed my earbuds from the living room, coffee table. I grabbed my keys and exited my house, locking the front door behind me.

I put my keys into my bag and connected my earbuds with my phone. I listened to secondhand serenade as I made my way to the grocery store. It was a twenty minute walk to the store. But I didn't mind. It was a beautiful day for that matter. The sun was shining, warming my body. The warm wind blowing, drying my still slightly damp hair.

Once there, I took a shopping card and grabbed the list from my bag. I decided to make chicken with lemon noddles and asparagus. And for dessert cheesecake with strawberries.

Sooo...

Let the shopping begin.

\\\\\\\\

Once I was done it was well past nine and I was on the way home. I carried two bags on either of my two hands. I had pulled my hair into a messy bun and had rolled up my sleeves before I started the walk home knowing fully well that it was going to be a hell of a walk with four heavy bags and my personal bag over my shoulder. I had decided to put my earbuds away, knowing that they'd only drop out again.

Ten minutes later I was already exhausted. My hands ached, I was sweating and I bet my cheeks were crimson. Well, what can I say I'm not a sport person. I couldn't say that I was out of shape, because I was never in shape. Yet I hated what I looked like. How ironic.

The only thing I was grateful for was that I hadn't stumbled yet, like the clumsy person that I was. And in that moment one bag ripped and all the content sprawled down on the concrete. I cursed under my breath and was quick to crouch down and collect the things on the ground. Much to my luck the things weren't milk cartons or eggs they were some fruits, a package of flour, two packages of cereal, vegetables, several granola bars and a few other things. I started to put them into the other three bags when I thought: What if they'd rip too? So I put them into my shoulder bag. Of course something like that had to happen.

I sighed and quickly finished adjusting everything, not looking up. I didn't want to see the people passing giving me weird looks. I stood up again and made my way home. Time went by and when I crossed the next corner I was quick to recognize my surroundings. I sucked in a sharp breath as the house came into view. I could hear the plastic bag in the bush flutter in the wind. It was still there even after months of snow and rain. It was almost as if it was teasing me, reminding me of the incident.

Months did go by and the only thing that was left reminding anybody that there was an incident, and with anybody I mean me, was the plastic bag, my mental condition and a paper with my testimony on it, in the police office. I sighed and walked past.

Thanks to Dr. Goodman I could manage to walk this path alone. It needed a few months, but eventually I could do it. The walking part wasn't easy but it was easier than sleeping alone. I remembered our conversation as if it was yesterday. She had asked: "What do you think will be easier for you to try first, to walk alone or to sleep alone again?" I had to think about it for a moment. Because to be honest both hadn't been easy at all. I had thought about how I felt when I'd walk with someone. Feeling the knot in my stomach and the panic in my chest, how I had to look around my surroundings to make sure that nobody was there, how I had to look over my shoulder until I was home just to make sure that nobody was attacking me.

And I had thought about how it felt when I tried to sleep and in the end I had told her that it was probably going to be easier to walk alone rather than sleep alone, because it'd be day, there'd be light and there'd probably also be other people who, other than at night, would be there and maybe try to help me this time.

I mean sure it didn't happen that night, but I couldn't quit believing in the human beings altogether. I was quick to lose my trust in the human race, but it wasn't gone completely. there was still a spark in me that just couldn't believe, couldn't except, that all humans were like that.

I shook my head to get a clear mind again, I couldn't let myself get upset today, because I fully well knew that if I'd got upset now than the whole day was over for me. I would be snappy and wouldn't be pleasant company. Nothing would matter to me. If I'd be a sarcastic douche bag I'd let myself. My inner demons would come to the surface and although I wouldn't let it happen too often, there were just some days that I couldn't hold them back and let my sadness overcome me and my personality and that would be the start of me pitying myself even more.

So I pushed the bad thoughts away for a more 'appropriate' time (as if that time would ever come) and walked to my front porch, I was so deep in thought that I didn't register that I was standing in front of my house.

I pulled the keys out of my bag and unlocked the door, walking straight into the kitchen. I stowed my part of the purchase quickly into the fridge and placed some things on the counter before grabbing the remaining bags and making my way to Mrs. Peterson. I, of course, left my personal bag at my house and just shoved my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. I crossed the street, after locking the door again and walked with the two bags in hand to Mrs. Peterson's home. I knocked at the door and waited patiently for her to open it. And after another moment she did exactly that.

"Oh Elizabeth," she looked surprised. "Come in, come in," she beckoned me in and shut the door behind me. "I didn't expect for you to come back so quickly," she said, guiding me through the living room. The house was exactly the same as it was ten years ago. It was smaller than ours. The living room walls were decorated with pictures of their children and grandchildren. And the wooden furniture was positioned in the same places like it was in my childhood.

"Just put the bags on the counter, I'll put them away later. You can keep my husband company, if you'd like," she said, leading me into the kitchen.

"Erm... no it's okay. I can help you," I said, placing the bags on the kitchen counter. I was about to grab a few things and put them into the refrigerator, but the elder lady slapped my hand away.

"Uh-uh. You did enough for us today. Go out and keep my grumpy old man company," she said and shot me a stern look, which said that it wasn't up for discussion, before turning around and starting to put the groceries away.

I crossed my arms over my chest and cleared my throat. "You sure? I mean-"

"Yes I am, dear. Go out and talk," she wasn't facing me when she talked to me. I sighed and turned around. "Oh and by the way, I made fresh lemonade!" she yelled over her shoulder.

I sighed again and pushed the door to the backyard open. "Of course you did," I muttered under my breath, so lowly that nobody, beside me, could hear it. I stepped out on the porch and was greeted by a cool breeze. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, pulling my cardigan tighter around me.

"Ah, the young Graham," a deep voice called out. I opened my eyes. I've completely forgotten that this wasn't my house. Embarrassing moments today: 2

I blushed, looking at Mr. Peterson, sitting a few feet to my left. I walked over to him, extending my hand. "Hello, Mr. Peterson," I greeted him with a smile. He greeted back and we shook hands. I, once again, breathed the fresh morning air in. I sighed. "A beautiful day, isn't it?" I asked while sitting down on the wooden, plush chair next to his'.

"I agree. A wonderful morning it is indeed, Elizabeth," he mumbled, staring into the distance. I kept a small smile on my face as I mirrored his actions. It was silent for a moment or two, as we just sat there and enjoyed the morning. I've known the Peterson's since I was in kindergarten. Back then Mrs. Peterson would always play barbie dolls with me. And yes I know what you're thinking. But I was a girly girl when I was younger. Seriously, I mean my favorite color was pink and my dream job? Anyone guessing? Yep, to dance ballet when I grew up. 

But with time I quickly realized that this job and I... we didn't fit together. Because A I was way too fat and B because I couldn't dance to save my life. Sooo... No. 

I was back to reality when the door to the back porch opened. And Mrs. Peterson appeared with a tray in both hands. I quickly stood up to help her, but she stopped me. "No, dear. Sit down again. I can carry the tray. I'm old, but not fragile." So I reluctantly obeyed and sat down as she placed the tray on the small table between me and her husband. There was a jug of lemonade and three glasses on the tray. "So, did you enjoy yourself's while I was gone?" she asked, pouring a glass. 

Mr. Peterson and I exchanged looks then both nodded at her. Well, we didn't exactly talk, but I loved it when I could just sit with people in a comfortable silence. She smiled and handed me the glass. I thanked her then took a sip. One fact about Mrs. Peterson was she made incredible lemonade, ice tea and other delicious juices. She sat down on the little plush bench in front of the coffee table and sipped at her own glass. "So, Elizabeth how come you're not in school?" 

"Oh, well, I wasn't feeling well yesterday," I said, putting the glass back on the table. 

"I hope it's nothing serious?" she asked concerned, brows furrowed. 

I shook my head with a smile. "No, just a little dizzy that's all," I reassured, which wasn't that big of a lie actually, because I was feeling quiet dizzy today. I should really try to sleep later. 

She gave me a smile of her own and nodded. There was a moment of silence as we just sipped our lemonade. "Your mother told me that you read a lot," Mrs. Peterson said after a minute. 

I smiled and nodded. Like I said before Mom loved talking. She was one of these people that would tell you, her life story or that of her children, after knowing her five minutes. Which was pretty annoying let me tell you. "Yeah, I love reading," I answered still smiling. 

Mr. Peterson looked over at me. "Really? I wouldn't have guessed that teenagers these days read that much. Which genres do you like to read?" And that was when we started talking about books. I told him that I actually liked classics, but also fantasy and sometimes romance. What? I'm a girl after all. After around half an hour or so I decided to go home. 

"Thanks for the lemonade Mrs. Peterson," I said over my shoulder as they walked me to the door. She waved it off. 

"No problem, dear. Have a nice day." 

I returned the favor and with one last smile I was walking to my house again. 

\\\\\\\

I was reading a book when my phone started ringing. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion when I saw the caller ID. "An unknown number great," I muttered under my breath and shut the book close. I sighed and pressed the answer button. "Er... Hello?" I asked, unsure of whom to expect. 

"Hey gorgeous," a male voice greeted. I was slightly creeped out at that moment. 

"Er... Who is this?" I asked uneasily. 

"You should know, princess. We see each other every night in your dreams." I swallowed. 

Princess

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way, princess. Now tell me, which would you prefer?" he whispered in my ear, his hot breath skimming my exposed skin.  

I shivered at the memory. I sighed, shaking my head to get a clear mind again. "Stop playing with me a-and tell me who you are," I demanded. 

"Mh, I give you a hint. I'm hot, irresistible-" I cut him off, knowing fully well who was talking to me. 

"cocky, annoying as fuck and just not to get rid off?" I asked. 

"I'll take that as a complement, babe," I could practically hear him smirking. 

"Okay Ryan, what do you want?" I asked with a sigh, already urging to continue reading my book. 

"Woah, what got your panties in a twist?" I just sighed. "So, actually, I called to ask when I should head over to your house tonight." 

"At around 7, I think." 

"Okay, will do." I could hear laughter in the background. 

There was silence between us. "Shouldn't you be actually in class?" 

"No," he said in duh tone. "It's lunch break." 

I nodded. "Right. So, if that was it then..." I trailed off. 

"How are you feeling?" he blurted out, nervously. 

"Good, a little dizzy perhaps. But otherwise I'm fine," I shrugged, although he couldn't see me. A moment of silence passed between us. "So, this dinner today..." I trailed off.

He hummed in response. "Well, just so you know, my parents can be really weird from time to time, so don't be surprised if they try to play cupid," I said with a sigh. 

He laughed. I bit my bottom lip. "So, is this a meeting the family kind of thing? Should I be nervous or something?" he laughed. "I mean, I don't quite know if I'm ready for this big step in our relationship-" That was when he started teasing me. Fifteen minutes later, I had enough. 

"Are you done?" I almost yelled to get his attention. He laughed. 

"I'm not, actually. What abou-" I cut him off. 

"Well, too bad, because I am. See you tonight," and with that I hung up and dropped back down on my bed. I sighed, but before I went back to my book I stored his number under the name: douche bag. 

I was more than half an hour into my book when I got a text message. Sighing, I opened it.

From Sam:

Hey, football girl

I smiled and texted back a 'hey'. 

From Sam:

Whatcha doin rn? 

To Sam:

Reading 

Him: Really, what?

Me: A book

Him: No shit Sherlock

I chuckled. I texted him the title and author. 

Him: No idea 

Me: U r not much into books, huh?

Him: Not really

Me: So what do u like then?

Him: Football, art and

Me: And? 

Him: You ;)

I blushed, trying to bite back a smile. 

Me: U r a cheesy one I see

Him: Thought I could try ;)

I chuckled.

Me: U draw?

Him: Kinda

Me: My sister is into that too. Whereas I can't draw to save my life. What stuff do u draw?

We talked about art for a minute or two and then changed the topic to siblings then to colors and other stuff. So I got to know that he had a younger brother and that his favorite color was green. We were the same age, though he was a few months older than me. We talked about school, football, books and music. 

Time flew by as we got to know more about each other. Minutes ticked by and then hours. 

Him: I gotta go 

I frowned and sighed. 

Me: Ok see ya

I continued on with my book until I finished it. 

\\\\\\

It was  around six when I heard the front door open and close again. "Liz, I'm home," Mom's muffled voice was heard. I got up, and downstairs to greet her. She was in the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. "Hey honey, have you thought about the cooking thing?" she said, her back turned to me. 

I nodded and told her about the meal I had in mind as she sipped on her drink. She agreed and together we started to prepare the dinner. Half an hour later dad arrived at home. "Hello?" he called out. 

"In the kitchen," I yelled back. Our backs were facing him as we prepared the dinner. 

"Hey," he approached, kissing mom on the lips and the top of my head. "That smells good, pumpkin. What is it?" he asked me. 

"Chicken," I said, looking up at him. My dad had this kind of adorable, but also embarrassing nickname for me and Tori. Since we were younger until this very day he called us pumpkin. Well once a pumpkin always a pumpkin, I guess. 

"Liz, you can go upstairs if you want. I can handle the rest," my mom told me. 

"You sure?" I asked her. She nodded. I guess, she wanted to talk to dad about yesterday. I sighed. It's going to be an interesting evening. 

"Oh, right your friend is coming over today, isn't he?" he asked. I nodded and headed to the stairs.

"And Liz?" Mom shouted after me. I turned around. "Go and dress into something cute." I rolled my eyes.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, wear what you wanna wear," she said, turning around.

"So I can wear sweatpants?"

She faced me again. "No. Something more..." she trailed off, searching for the right word. I think the term she was searching for was girly.

"Can't she just wear what she wants?" Dad asked his wife. Mom shot him a glare. He held his hands up in surrender.

I sighed. "Okay, but if you want me to look good, you have to tell me what to wear," I reasoned.

She tapped her index finger against her chin, deep in thought. "Oh, I know. Change into that sweet denim skirt I got  you last Christmas."

I nodded and walked up the stairs to my room. Once there, I turned my iPod on and put it on full volume. Swaying my hips to Jessie J's Nobody's Perfect. Yeah, I know, what you're thinking. 'Jessie J what the fuck?' but I sometimes listened to stuff out of my comfort bubble. But when I did it, it was always good stuff so you can't really blame me.

When I'm nervous I have this thing yeah I talk too much

Sometimes I just can't shut the hell up

It's like I need to tell someone anyone who'll listen

And that's where I seem to fuck up, yeah

I started to sing almost immediately, walk-dancing to my closet. And of course I somehow hit my elbow with the closet door as I went to open it. But fortunately, it didn't hurt that much. I rummaged around for a minute until I found the skater skirt.

But I never meant to hurt you,

I know it's time that I learned to

Treat the people I love like I wanna be loved

This is a lesson learned,

I changed out of my sweatpants, leaving me in my white tank top, my panties, bra and socks and putting the skirt on. I danced and sang to the song until it was over. There was a little pause before the next song started playing. I don't dance.

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna see sex in the city lost for a minute

I don't wanna do that

I don't wanna let go on the floor tonight

And again, I was singing and 'dancing', if you could even call that dancing, to the music. First just slowly moving my hips. Then practically jumping around the room.

I don't dance 'cause tonight you love somebody, somebody new.

I don't dance 'cause the moves don't want my body,

I'll learn to hate them too.

Now you dance to our songs - I need them too.

I don't dance 'cause tonight you love somebody new.

I stayed like that the next two minutes. And when the song was over and the pause came, I started singing the refrain again, still 'dancing'. And when I ended the last line I heard clapping from behind me. I quickly spun around, alarmed and startled. And there he was, leaning against my door frame. A smirk playing at his lips. He was wearing a dark blue shirt and black jeans, not to forget his black vans.

"Ryan, what, how, when, how did you get in?" I asked still startled. The fact that I was out of breath and fully flushed wasn't making it any easier. He eyed me from head to toe. I shifted from one foot to the other and rubbed my left bicep with my right hand, feeling extremely self-conscious.

"Your mom let me in. Said I should get you from your room," he said still scanning my body. I bit my lip as his eyes halted at my face. "That outfit would look great in a crumpled heap next to my bed," he commented. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. And then I realized what he had just said and I snorted.

"Okay, Romeo. You done? Because we should go downstairs."

He shook his head. "I actually still have a few lines."

I dropped my hands. "Okay, let it all out."

"That's what she said," he said with a smirk. I grimaced. He stepped closer, staring me in the eye. I gulped. His gaze turned downwards. I scoffed.

"Hey, don't stare at my boobs," I said, taking a step back. He reached out and placed both of his hands on my waist, pulling me closer again.

"I'm not staring at your boobs. I'm staring at your heart," he said quietly, lifting his gaze to mine. I raised an eyebrow. "Do you have a map? I'm getting lost in your eyes." I gulped, looking at his chest instead of his eyes. I sighed and placed both my hands on his hard chest. 

Damn it Liz, focus. 

"Nice one," I pushed him away with trembling fingers, he was way too close for my liking. 

He smirked as I stepped back and grabbed my baggy burgundy knit cardigan, draping it over my arm. "Thanks." I rolled my eyes. 

"Hey how long were you standing there?" I asked, just realizing that he could have seen me change. 

He shrugged, looking around my room. "Some time." His eyes landed on my black lace bra draped over my chair. 

A blush crept it's way up my cheeks as I hurried over to put it in my drawer. Embarrassing moments today: 3 

As I spun around again Ryan was watching me with a smirk. He opened his mouth to speak, but I held my hand up for him to stop. "Please spare me of your perverse comment." 

So he just smirked. "So, some time? Did this time span included me changing?" I bit my lower lip. His smirk widened.

He winked. "Maybe." 

I scoffed, my hands on my hips. "Maybe? Have you or have you not see me change?" I narrowed my eyes at him. He stepped closer. So close that his lips brushed against my ear as he spoke. 

"Oh babe, you think I'd miss out on all the fun?" he asked rhetorically in a husky voice. I gulped, my mouth suddenly dry. My face heating up, from embarrassment or anger, I couldn't tell. I stepped back, turned around and grabbed the nearest pillow off my bed. And, spinning around again, hit him as hard as you could hit someone with a pillow. 

And if you were wondering, it hit him square in the face. He raised both eyebrows, challengingly at me. I bit my lip to keep from laughing as I continued to hit him with the pillow on his stomach, side, chest, face, just everywhere. "Liz, I would stop if I were you," he said threateningly with every hit.

 I just laughed and continued pillow-fighting him aswhile he tried to take it away from me. "You know the old saying: Don't do unto others what you would not have done unto you?" He doesn't wait for my reply as he grabbed the other pillow off my bed. "'Cause Missy you're as good as dead." He said, starting to fight back with his own pillow. 

"Oh, look at him people, he goes all religious on me," I got out between laughs. 

We continued like this for several minutes both of us laughing when he took a step closer and I took one back. And because we were still pillow-fighting, I didn't even feel the impact of my bed as I fell onto my mattress, still laughing. "Do you give up?" Ryan looked down at me, now standing in front of my bed. There was a break in our fight, consisting of me catching my breath and trying to stop laughing before I replied. I hit him in the face with my pillow. "Never." 

I started to thrash around with my feet, trying to keep him away from my bed. But he caught my scalp with ease and paused again with his pillow in mid-air. "If you want to play dirty, we play dirty." And then he started hitting me again and I fought back. 

And then next thing I know, Ryan is straddling me, his hands wrapped around my wrists, preventing me from hitting him. My chest was heaving up and down as we stared into each others eyes. I could feel my heartbeat increase by the minute. I swallowed hard as he leaned in. His gaze fell onto my lips as I licked them unconsciously. His face was inches away from my face as he let go of one of my wrists and cupped the side of my face with his warm hand. I exhaled slowly as our noses touched, my eyes now darting between his lips and his eyes. His face moved closer, closer and our lips-

"Elizabeth Beatrice Hope Graham!" my Mom's voice was heard from the doorway. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys 

So this chappy was a mixture of people. First Logan and her mom. Then the Petersons and her parents. Oh, and a bit of Sam. And last but not least Ryan. So I know I'm evil to end with a cliffhanger and just so you know no, they didn't kiss. Although it almost happened if it weren't for her mom. So I hope you liked it although it was kinda fillerish at first. 

The picture up at the top is Liz' outfit for the night. So, check it out.

But anyways,

comment/vote?

Hugs and kisses 

Kathy

PS: I'm sorry that this chapter is that shitty but the next will be good I promise ;) more Liz and Ryan moments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 14.5K 50
| • | • | What's life without drama | • | • | How could you know love without experiencing heartache. |...
1K 2 24
"𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆." 𝑶𝒏𝒚𝒙 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏𝒔𝒐𝒏 doesn't know what it's like to have someone love her. She wants to f...
1.1M 69.5K 41
"Been about you, since I met you and imma keep it that way" You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only...
3.3K 449 195
I hope you are okay <3 My digital diary - writing every single day! Some poetry, some journal entries, some random thoughts :) My intention with th...