Middle Class ✍️

Od Poohbear8435

A bus arrived at the bus stop and she got in first as she was in the front and the rest followed. There was a... VΓ­ce

Prologue
E.1.
E.2.
E.3.
E.4.
E.5.
E.6.
E.7.
E.9.
E.10.
E.11.
E.12.
E.13.
E.14.
E.15.
E.16.
E.17.
E.18.
E.19.
E.20.
E.21.
E.22.
E.23.
E.24.
E.25.
E.26.
E.27.
E.28.
E.29.
E.30.

E.8.

1.9K 365 141
Od Poohbear8435

Check if you've read the previous update.

________________

Sharad escorts Sana into the venue. When she reaches the door, she gets a shock to read the name written on board.

Welcome to the
Engagement ceremony of:

Naina with Vivek
And
Divya with Sidharth

"What happened? Let's go in.", Said Sharad.

"Are there two different halls here? There are two engagements taking place on the same day.", Sana smiled faintly hoping the name she read on the board was some other Sidharth.

"Why would they need two different halls? Oh!! I suppose you were not aware that even Sidharth's sister, Naina is getting today. You must have come here thinking that it's only Sidharth's engagement.", Said Sharad.

"Which Sidharth?", She asked yet again fighting back her tears to not show up.

"Actor, Sidharth Shukla.. (laughs) Come on, the same Sidharth with whom you came from Mumbai, your friend, Sidharth Joshi.", Said Sharad. His words shattered her cracked heart which only stayed in place on a thin hope that it could be someone else.

"Come, let's go!", Said Sharad winding his bike keys with his forefinger and walking in front not noticing that her eye lashes dropped a big drops of tear on the floor. Her legs shivered as she felt her knees go weak while she took steps to go inside the hall.

Upon reaching inside, she looked around to find the only person who she trusted and loved in this unknown place. Her search to find him stopped at the front row seats where he sat with his head hung. There wasn't even a tinch of happiness on his face but the person sitting beside him was laughing and giggling and that was none other than the girl with whom he was getting enagaged, Divya.

His eyes met Sana's now reddened eyes and he lowered his head further.

"Hey come, I will introduce you to Sidharth's other cousins and also my family.", Said Sharad pulling her hand. Sidharth looked up immediately, his eyes glared at Sharad's hand which held Sana's hand.

However, Sana's eyes kept staring at him, anger rising inside her.

"Sharad, I want to use the restroom.", Sana excused herself and Sharad left her hand and nodded his head. He pointed his finger in the direction which led to the restroom.

Finding her walking away from her cousin, Sidharth followed her lead by excusing himself from Divya.

"Sana", called Sidharth as soon as they were away from any familiar faces. She turned around and looked at him. He pulled her by her hand to the side behind the restroom. There were two reasons for it. Firstly, he didn't want anyone to see them together, while the next was his possessiveness, he wanted to wipe Sharad's scent from her hand which he had held few seconds before.

"Congratulations Sidharth. I suppose the ceremony is over already. Sorry, I reached late because my host left me at their home or perhaps my FRIEND didn't want me to attend his engagement.", Sana said sarcastically.

"Divya's...", His sentence was halted by her hiss as she stung to hear the other girl's name from her husband's mouth.

"Her parents haven't reached yet. Their vehicle had a breakdown. I am not engaged.", He reframed the sentence to not take her name.

"Oh!! Yes, you aren't engaged but the most eligible bachelor of this village.", She taunted sarcastically.

"I swear, I didn't know anything about this myself Sana. I was shocked when I read my name on the welcome board.", Said Sidharth.

"Shocked? Let me correct you, it's called 'Surprised'. Shocked is used for the reaction to some sudden unpleasant situation. You seem to be enjoying this situation.", She said.

"I am not Sana. How can I?", He asked.

"You are Sidharth. If you weren't then you would have made efforts to come out of this situation and not sit with her and giggle.", Sana yelled.

"Tsssshhhh.. Sana please. I tried talking my parents out of it. I confronted them. You know our financial condition isn't so good. When they got a proposal for Naina, my parents were very happy but then Vivek's parents placed their demands which my parents can't fulfil.

Vivek's parents gave a reason that they wouldn't have demanded if they didn't have a daughter themself and since they would have to get her married to someone, they were getting Vivek married before Divya. Hence, whatever they got from his marriage would be used for Divya.

My parents proposed that if I marry Divya then they won't have to worry about it. In this way, they agreed for the whole proposal. If I back out now, Naina's engagement will also be broken.", Explained Sidharth.

"Oh!! So you mean to say that your parents traded you to get your sister married into a dowry mongering family. And now you are ready to break our relationship to save your sister's engagement which hasn't even happened.", Said Sana.

"Sana.. try to understand. If I say something about us then the engagement won't happen. It will bring bad name for my sister, if her enagagement doesn't happen today. It would become even more difficult to find a groom for her. How can I be so selfish to build my home compromising my sister's future?", He said

"Excuse me? You are talking as if I am your girlfriend and sound as if we are just having a breakup. I am your bloody wife, idiot. You fu¢#ing married me 5 months back.", She roared in anger like a wounded tigress.

"Married? Bhaiyya? You both are already married?", Naina gasped in shock, who had been inside the washroom and heard them speak.

"Naina?", Sidharth froze.

"How can you be so idiot bhaiyya? You married her and yet agreed to go on with this engagement? Have you lost your mind? I am going to tell maa babuji.", Said Naina.

"One second Naina, you have been calling me bhabhi since yesterday. Why did you hide that he is going to be engaged today from us?", Asked Sana.

"My parents didn't tell me either bhaabhi. They knew if I did, I would have told bhaiyya immediately. Even now after learning it, I told maa that bhaiyya loves someone and wants to marry her. She sushed me asking to keep quiet and not to tell my babuji since bhaiyya was already okay with this engagement.", Said Naina. Sana became even more raged.

"Naina, just give us some privacy and don't tell anything to maa babuji yet please.", Said Sidharth.

"Hate you bhaiyya..", she kicked the ground in frustration before stomping away.

"Sana..", he held her hand which she jerked off.

"Shame on you Sidharth. I regret marrying you. You don't even have an ounce of courage your sister has. She is ready to go and speak the truth even if it is going to break her engagement but you aren't trying to save your marriage.

All my fault, I should have known this when you went on to promise my father that you would leave me after 3 months if you can't arrange a house. For you everything comes before me and our marriage.", She cried.

"Sana, it isn't like what you think. I am just borrowing time. I am not a super hero or a hero from some bollywood movie. I am just a common middle class person. I can't act in impulse and take haste decisions. I need to think of different things before opening my mouth. I will slowly try to explain Divya..", He froze as soon as she hissed again hating to hear him mention Divya's name.

"Keep trying Sidharth. You should have a back up plan after the end of 3 months period you got from my father. Hmm.. Infact, why wait until 3 months though, let's get a divorce as soon as we reach Mumbai.", Said Sana.

"Sana please. You are mine and I won't let you go away.", He said trying to hold her hand again.

"Don't touch me Sidharth. I know why you want to hold my hands. Because your cousin touched my hands and you want to overwrite the touch.", She scolds.

"Stay away from him Sana. He is a flirt.", Sidharth says.

"Possessive Dog!! Why did you forget that I am a possessive b!tch too? I won't allow that leech to lurk around you, let alone put the ring in your finger. I will cut your finger if you allowed her to.. and that's my promise. I won't break my promise either.", She warned him and left.

"Sana..?", He looked at her stunned, unable to speak a word after her warning but the question was, what would he do now to save his finger?

.
.
.

Naina slides the ring into Vivek's finger followed by Vivek, who slides the ring into Naina's finger. All those present, clapped their hand to congratulate.

"Divya.. your turn!", Said Divya's father. She smiled nodding her head and slid the ring into his finger and he in turn put the ring into her hand. While Divya was beaming in happiness, his face wasn't showing much happiness on the face. How would he? He looked at Sana and growled inwardly on his luck for being forced into getting engaged to Divya.

The guests clapped happily while the loudest clap came from Sana. Sidharth observed her silently and sneakily climbed down the stage to approach her. She galred at him and moved away from him. Sidharth took a step closer but she ignored him and went to the kitchen where the food was prepared.

"Uncle, what can I serve to guests from here?", She asked the chef.

"Thanks child. You can serve this curry.", Said the chef.

"Hmm.. okay", she nodded and picked up the steel bucket filled with curry and went out.

"Uncle, can I serve this sweet?", Asked Sidharth.

"Are you sure? You might be required on the stage.", Asked the chef.

"The engagement is over, uncle. So I should work a little", said Sidharth.

"Okay son.. as you wish", said the chef.

Sidharth picked up a bowl full of sweets and hurried to catch up with Sana who was already ahead of him. His eyes were glued at Sana who wanted to maintain distance hence started rushing.

"What's this kaka? So less curry? It won't be enough for the Roti.", Said Sidharth to an elderly. The man looked at his plantain leaf surprised, the curry was just enough for him.

"It's okay son. I don't have much appetite.", Said the man.

"No no kaka. Please don't hesitate to eat. (Calls loudly) Sana.. Sana..", he calls.

She gasped in surprise at him calling her name loudly infront of so many people so boldly but she still decides to ignore him.

"Hey Curry Girl, this uncle needs curry.", He screams making her halt and look back. She narrows her eyebrows glaring a hole into his face. Sidharth gulps in fear looking at the fuming lady.

"Kaka.. not me.. needs.. curry.. here..", he fumbles pointing at the man's plaintain leaf nervously. She stomps with the bucket in her hand glaring furiously at him.

"Aaaa.. Kaka needs curry.", Said Sidharth sweating profusely.

She looked at the plantain leaf and finds the curry in it already. She glares at the man and he gulps.

"I told him that it is enough for me but he just doesn't listen.", Said the man pointing at Sidharth. She throws daggers at Sidharth.

"Oh!! Aa.. aa.. Maushi (aunty) is calling.. she needs sweets.. yeah yeah I am coming.", He said staring elsewhere and walking past Sana to serve sweet to the lady.

"I can't eat sweets, son. I am diabetic.", Says the lady.

"Arggghhh..", Sidharth turned and looked at Sana who was glaring hole into his back until now. He nervously smiles.

"Can I have some sweets please?", Came a voice from behind and Sidharth immediately thanked his fate and the saviour internally before running to the person. Sana continued serving. Upon finishing the serving, she occupies an empty space and sits to eat lunch.

Sidharth served a piece of roti on her leaf and sat beside her. She ignores him while he observes that her plate was filled with only sweets.

"So much sweet? You seem to be too happy and celebrating.", Whispered Sidharth.

"Of course, I am. Aren't you?", She asked with a smirk.

_______________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

Next update after 200 votes.. FYI.. I have already written it and it is in draft. So hurry up if you want to read it desperately!!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti lΓ­bit

1.5M 65.7K 66
Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete their journey from engagement to marriage...
180K 20.7K 53
AT MY WORST! . Shehnaaz screamed and says, I am only in my bra goddamnit. Now just leave from here! Siddharth's cheeks turned red in embarrassment...
280K 24.7K 47
"Stop" I heard him. stalker, their boss but I couldn't see his face. It was dark. "Princess" he said, evilly laughing. I was scared because we both w...
174K 22.8K 114
"π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ π‘šπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’π‘›π‘‘ 𝐼 π‘ π‘Žπ‘€ β„Žπ‘–π‘š 𝑖𝑛 π‘šπ‘¦ π‘π‘™π‘Žπ‘ π‘ π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘œπ‘š, π‘π‘™π‘Žπ‘‘ 𝑖𝑛 π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ π‘π‘™π‘Žπ‘π‘˜ π‘™π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘‘π‘’π‘£π‘–π‘™π‘–π‘ β„Žπ‘™π‘¦ β„Žπ‘œπ‘‘; β„Žπ‘’ 𝑏𝑒�...