Thy Empress (Erwin Smith x FE...

By 3mooie

{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this story's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner... More

disclaimer
prologue
part i
part ii
part iii
part iv
part v
part vi
part vii
part viii
part ix
part x
part xi
part xii
part xiii
part xiv
part xv
part xvi
part xvii
part xviii
part xix
part xx
part xxi
part xxii
part xxiii
part xxiv
part xxv
part xxvi
part xxvii
part xxviii
part xxix
part xxx
part xxxi
part xxxii
part xxxiii
part xxxiv
part xxxv
part xxxvi
part xxxvii
part xxxviii
part xl
part xli
part xlii
part xliii
part xliv
part xlv
part xlvi
part xlvii (The Legend of Nadia)
part xlviii
part xlix
part l
part li
part lii
part liii
part liv
part lv
part lvi
part lvii
part lviii
part lix
part lx
part lxi
part lxii
part lxiii
part lxiv
part lxv
part lxvi
part lxvii
part lxviii
part lxix
part lxx
part lxxi
part lxxii
epilogue

part xxxix

1.8K 83 115
By 3mooie

Word Count - 3,412 words

"Your highness, you don't need to be scared. Her royal majesty is not mad towards you."

Lady Finger crouched in front of Princess Eleanor. The young princess looked at her with a worried expression. She flashed the young girl a smile to reassure the princess.

"B-but...I became rude to her...she might hate me already...I said hurtful words and even shouted at her...I'm scared...nngh..."

Eleanor began to cry, making Lady Finger to sigh. The black-haired woman took out a handkerchief from her dress's pocket, then carefully wiped Princess Eleanor's tears.

"Her majesty might not be your real mother, your highness. But she is taking care of you and the crown prince because you both are important to her, and it is her duty as an empress and wife of his majesty. She's caring for you, and the crown prince not because she wants to replace your mother, but because you are important to her, as well as his majesty to the empress."

The young princess looked at Lady Finger, still crying as she was feeling even more guilty. Her father scolded her, and also made her understand why the empress is treating her and her twin brother so kindly.

Her father explained to her why the empress needs to do the things she does, and that she doesn't need to mind the rumors going around the palace because a royal does not stoop to any low level.

She should be smarter than anyone.

Eleanor was able to understand her father.

She was enlightened.

And now she's standing in front of the Empress Y/n's office to ask for forgiveness for how she acted and for all the hurtful words she had said to their step-mother.

"Now, go on, your highness... Her royal majesty will surely be happy to talk to you."

Eleanor let out a sigh.

She clenched her little fists as she nodded.

The young princess looked back at her nanny who was holding the bouquet of flowers she picked out herself in the palace's garden, and she was also the one who arranged it.

Her nanny gave the bouquet of flowers to her. It's her apology gift to the empress.

Lady Finger knocked on the door for the princess.

"Your majesty, Princess Eleanor wishes to seek an audience with you."

A few seconds passed, and the door was opened by the empress herself.

Y/n stared at Princess Eleanor with an evidently shocked look on her face.

"Your highness-"

The empress was taken aback when Eleanor handed the bouquet of flowers to her, looking up at her with teary eyes.

"Nngh...I-I'm s-sorry, your majesty..."

Eleanor began to cry again, making Lady Finger and the other servants present round to smile because of how adorable she is while crying.

Y/n, on the other hand, felt the need for panic. She immediately crouched in front of the young princess, and held her face.

The empress smiled a bit as she gently wiped the tears on Eleanor's eyes and cheeks. "It's fine, your highness. I'm not mad nor was I disappointed. I understand why you said those things, and why you acted like that. It's okay, you had the right to  say those things, and act like that. Because your feelings were hurt. It's okay now."

Eleanor teared up even more. She knows the empress is a kind woman. And that makes her feel even more bad. Because the empress remained kind despite how she acted towards her.

"I'm really sorry..."

Y/n stiffened in her place when Eleanor suddenly hugged her. She wasn't able to say anything, and just stared at nowhere with a genuine surprised look on her face.

"Your majesty...will you let me..."

The princess then let go of her after a few moments of embracing her, and yet she's still shocked. Eleanor stared at her now with a smile plastered on her small lips.

"Will you let me...call you 'mother'?"

Oh. Y/n was just speechless.

Lady Finger and her other other servants around were all surprised. They looked at her, her eyes are now glossy with tears.

A single tear escaped Y/n's eyes.

She never really wished for it.

Maybe only a few times, but her respect and concerns for the previous empress had always taken over her, that's why she never dares to hope for such things.

But now that it came to her by itself.

How can she refuse?

"Of course...you can do that, princess."

"Thank you, mother."

Y/n couldn't help but pull Eleanor into an embrace. She looked from afar, only to be surprised  upon seeing the emperor, standing at a distance staring at her with a small smile plastered on his plump lips.

Your majesty...

Princess Eleanor...will call me mother from now on.

--

The empress set aside her duties for today, and spent the rest of her day bonding with Eleanor. When the afternoon came, the crown prince visited her and joined them.

"Evan! That's not how you make a flower crown!"

A small chuckle escapes Y/n's lips as she watches Eleanor scolding her twin brother for making a mistake on creating a flower crown.

"Your majesty...would you like more tea?"

Y/n looked at Lady Finger, she smiled as she shook her head. "No, I've had enough. Thank you." The empress looked at the royal twins again. The smile on her lips never left while she watched the two making flower crowns.

Eleanor keeps on scolding Evan while also teaching him how to make one properly.

"You have to make it beautiful! How can you give something so ugly to mother?!"

"Hey! It's my first time doing this! And I will never give ugly things to mother!"

It felt like butterflies swarmed around Y/n's stomach as she listened to how the twins pertained to her. What they called her makes her really happy, inside and out.

Mother.

"I don't think I've seen you smile so sweetly like that before, your majesty."

Y/n chuckled, hearing what Lady Finger said. "I'm just so happy, Lady Finger."

Lady Finger smiled as she nodded.

"I am happy that you are happy, your majesty."

The empress let out a smile, she looked up at the sky, the sun was finally setting, making the skies turn orange.

"Your majesty...you would really be a great mother. I hope you'll have your own child soon, with the emperor." Lady Finger said.

Y/n froze in her place, her face became warm the moment she remembered the emperor, and what happened last night.

His majesty...just gave hints about liking me.

Or did he? Maybe I was just delusional?

No...he literally asked me how long it will take for him to win my heart over.

"I have a feeling your first baby will be a girl, your majesty. And she would surely take after you."

Y/n snapped out of her thoughts, she looked at Historia and Frieda. The one who spoke was Historia. Her cheeks still felt warm, now thinking about having a baby with the emperor.

"Yeah...I would love a daughter."

"Then next a son, your majesty!" Frieda gleefully said. "He will surely take after his majesty!" The young lady even added.

The empress scoffed, she looked away, rubbing her nape out of embarrassment.

Why are we even talking about this...

"Come to think of it, your majesty. Your wedding anniversary had already passed and you didn't have a celebration because both you and his majesty were busy with your own duties." Lady Finger spoke.

She looked at her ladies-in-waiting who were all smiling teasingly at her.

"How about you visit his majesty tonight, your majesty?"

Y/n's eyes widened.

"F-for what?"

"To celebrate your wedding anniversary."

--

Zeke put out the fire of his cigarette on his ashtray, he leaned back on his chair, letting out a sigh. His table is filled with medical books, notes he made and other stuff.

An open letter is at the side, a letter from Mr. Ksaver, a man whom he met before he entered Sina Medical School.

The blond man stared up at the ceiling.

And his thoughts were quick to be filled with Y/n, it's at times like this, when he is alone, not occupied with something or just at any random times, he'll think of Y/n.

She lives in his mind rent free.

That's actually crazy for him.

How can he long for a married woman?

How dare he love the empress?

Someone he can't hold.

Someone he can't have.

"Zeke, are you still awake?"

The blond guy was interrupted when his classmates knocked on his door. "Yeah."

"You wanna join? We're going to grab a drink tonight. There is a festival in the town. Lots of delicious alcohol will surely be available in PUBs."

Zeke sighed, he looked at his table. He's busy, he rather studies all night, but then he knows he won't be able to focus anymore.

"Yeah. Sure. I'll just get ready."

--

The emperor smiled a bit, as he watched
Y/n looking so amazed while watching a group of dancers performing in the middle of the road, dancing a traditional dance.

He still couldn't believe that Y/n asked him to go out of the imperial palace tonight to see the festival in the interior city.

It's only the two of them close to each other.

Sir Levi, Sir Reiner and Lady Annie are somewhere staying on guard and some other knights. They have to be present wherever the empress and emperor are.

"Maybe we should invite those dancers someday if the palace has an event, your majesty." Y/n looked at the emperor, a small smile was plastered on her lips.

"Should we?"

The empress was stunned when the emperor snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her close to him because the crowd of people began to bump onto each other.

"T-they're good performers...that's why..."

"If you want, we can invite them. "

Y/n nodded, not knowing what to say anymore. She's still surprised how the empress became different in treating her.

Suddenly, Erwin keeps a hand on her, talks more sweet and just...different.

He's really serious about it.

"Where shall we go next, my lady?"

The h/c-haired lady scoffed, she did her best to look normal, even though Erwin can already see that she's sctually going feral.

"Should we grab a drink? I'm feeling a bit thirsty..." Y/n shyly said.

Erwin smiled as he nodded.

"Anything for my lady."

God. I don't think I'll get used to this.

The emperor grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers with each other, warming her hand on Erwin's big hand.

Her hands fit the emperor's perfectly.

She looked at Erwin, and admired his side profile, how sharp his jawline is, his roman nose, plump reddish lips and long eyelash, even his thic eyebrows are gorgeous.

The emperor is just a work of art.

A masterpiece.

His parents created a masterpiece.

"Good evening, sir and miss!"

Y/n and Erwin were greeted by the owner of the pub they decided to drink at.

"Good evening." Erwin responded.

They were led to a two person seater table. Y/n ordered her drinks, as well as Erwin, and even some snacks. They aren't allowed to drink outside the palace, or eat any food that is not prepared by the royal kitchen.

But who cares?

Erwin never abided by such rules.

So is Y/n.

"Can I ask a question, my lady?"

"Yes, of course."

Y/n and Erwin looked at each other, they're seated across from each other.

"Why did you invite me out tonight?"

The empress went silent, she then pursued her lips. "...we weren't able to celebrate our six years wedding anniversary, so I thought this is a good way to celebrate it at least."

Erwin smiled. He knew it, but he wanted to hear it from Y/n herself. In fact, he was also going to invite her to go out, but Y/n had already asked him out first.

"I heard what happened today between you and Eleanor...I'm glad both of you and the princess are now okay." Erwin said.

And there goes Y/n's sweet smile again.

"Yes...she..." The empress stared at the emperor, trying not to smile so widely from the happiness she's feeling. "The princess had started calling me mother, even the crown prince."

Erwin nodded, smiling, too.

He's happy for Y/n.

"Though I hope you didn't ask them to."

A small chuckle escapes Erwin's lips when Y/n said that, raising a brow at him.

"No. They decided that themselves, my lady."

"That's good then. It's genuine."

Their drinks were served, Y/n ordered a light drink, while Erwin ordered whiskey.

Y/n picked up her own drink, she smelled it first, just to get a sniff of the alcohol, as she was about to drink it, she didn't expect to see a familiar man arriving.

"It's Zek's treat!"

"You bastards. You only invited me so you can extort money from me."

The PUB was then filled with laughter because of Zeke's group.

Erwin picked up his glass of whiskey, he drank from it, keeping his eyes on Y/n, who still looks surprised to see the blond guy.

"I heard there's a beautiful waitress here. How about we hook her up with you, Zeke?"

Zeke roamed his eyes around, until his eyes landed on Y/n. His smile slowly faded away, especially when he saw who Y/n was with.

"Are you in, Zeke?!"

The blond guy took his eyes off away from Y/n, and decided to just focus on his friends. Somehow, Y/n felt a little hurt.

Zeke didn't even say hi or smiled at her.

Is he mad? As much as I remember we were okay...

"Sure. Maybe it's time to find a lady for myself."

Y/n looked away, she drank from her alcohol, now overthinking if she did something wrong for Zeke to be mad at her.

"My lady, should we go back?"

She looked at the emperor who now looks serious. "...If you're already tired, then we should, your majesty. Let's finish this first."

Erwin began to wonder.

If the worry and disappointment in Y/n's face and tone was because of Zeke Jaeger.

--

Zeke placed his hands on the waist of a woman, kissing her aggressively like a hungry man. His brows furrowed, his hands gripped on tightly of the woman's waist.

Maybe it's the alcohol.

He had a lot of drinks.

That he ended up with a woman in a random inn.

Their room smelled of alcohol and smoke, as well as the strong perfume of the woman he met at the PUB. She is the waitress his friends were talking about.

"My lord...please...use me."

The woman took his hands, placing it on her chest for Zeke to grab.

Zeke stared at the woman with dazed eyes.

"Use me to forget whatever your pain is..."

The blond man clenched his jaw, he grabbed the woman by her arm and pushed her off the bed, climbing on top of her as he kissed her roughly.

"If you were in the emperor's place, would you marry me even if you don't love me?"

Zeke clenched his fists, he immediately stopped the moment he remembered Y/n's question to him six years ago.

He moved away from the woman, shutting his eyes as he felt a headache.

Now his thoughts are full of Y/n again.

He can hear her voice.

And he can see her.

"Zeke..."

Zeke looked at the woman in front of him. It's not just alcohol, it's his wish to forget
Y/n that's why he's in this place and trying to distract himself with another woman.

"I'm sorry...you should leave."

"What...?"

"No...I'll leave. You can stay here."

The blond guy fixed himself up, he walked towards the chair at the side and picked up his things, then quickly made his way out.

"Hey! Asshole!"

He doesn't mind being called that.

He'd rather have that than disrespect Y/n.

Because if he chose to continue, he would think it was Y/n whom he was kissing, whom he was holding, whom he was gonna do. He doesn't want that.

Zeke smiled bitterly as he shook his head.

"ah...I'm going insane."

--

Silence reigned between Erwin and Y/n, while they walked around the garden of lilies. Late at night, yet they still haven't gone back to their own residences.

Both of them know what they want.

More time with each other.

Yet no one dares to say it out loud.

"...do you like him?"

Y/n stopped on her track, she looked at the emperor with a surprised face. "What?"

The emperor looked at her, too. With furrowed brows and a serious expression, but as she stared at his eyes, she saw an evident look of hope that she answers just like how Erwin wants her to answer.

"Zeke Jaeger...do you have feelings for him?"

"Your majesty...what are you..."

Erwin sadly smiled, he looked away and continued on his way. "I apologize, it's just that when I saw you earlier, looking so worried and disappointed upon seeing him...it made me think that you like him."

Y/n wasn't able to say anything else.

No...I was just worried if he was mad at me, and disappointed because he ignored me.

That is all, your majesty.

"Empress, I...do not mind if you've fallen for someone else, I knew you will, after all we only got married for convenience..."

The emperor looked back at her, now his eyes really shower a glint of sadness.

"I do not mind, though I cannot promise that I will just let you go to someone else. But if you wish to leave, then I will for-"

Erwin wasn't able to continue what he wanted to say out of shock because the empress already has her lips on his lips

His eyes were wide-open while he stared at nowhere, looking so surprised.

Y/n kept a tight hold on his waist, tip-toeing just to reach him while she kissed him.

The emperor began to feel his heart racing fast, his body felt warm, especially his face.

"Your majesty..."

Erwin looked at Y/n, the empress pulled away for a moment, as she stared at him.

"I do not long for another man, nor anyone else...

The blond man swallowed the lump on his throat, he clenched his fists fighting off his urge to not claim Y/n so aggressively.

"So please do not say such words again."

"Empress..."

Erwin shut his eyes, letting out a sigh.

"I'm really going to go insane if I let another opportunity like this past...so please pardon me, my lady...but I must do this now."

Y/n was taken aback when the emperor grabbed her face, while his other hand snaked around her waist.

She wasn't able to say anything anymore as the emperor kissed her.

A kind of kiss that was full of longing, desire, care and love. Something she never expected from the emperor. It happened.

It was too overwhelming that she ended up tearing up. But she wants more. She wants him to continue. To never let go of her, and to never break this kiss.

Y/n placed her hand on Erwin's chest, closing her eyes and kissing him back.

Just this once...let me just...have him.

"I love you, Y/n."

Erwin stopped for a moment, he stared at her straight in the eyes, keeping a hold on her face, and wiped the tears that rolled down to her cheeks.

Those three words I never wished to hear, but always longed to receive from him...

Y/n shook her head, head, tearing up.

"...you can't...how about Empress Marie?"

The emperor closed his eyes, he kissed her cheek, breathing on in her soft skin.

"Please...it's just you now."

How can I ever refuse this?

I would be a big fool if I let go of him.

Y/n closed her eyes as she wrapped her arms around Erwin, embracing him tight.

"Your majesty...should we sleep together tonight?"
_______________________________________

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 637 21
Sequel to I Wanna Be Yours The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner. {Jean Kirstein x Fem! Reader} Disclaime...
30.6K 621 13
Erwin Smith; Commander of Survey Corps, is in love with you and wants a relationship. But there's rumors going around that he used women for his nee...
37.3K 1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...
306K 7.7K 90
{Levi Ackerman x FEM! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mind. Credits to the rightful owner. [Slow Burn] Synopsis: Y/N never thou...