Imagination is the key (stefa...

By GiBbErZz

Lillie Gilbert-like any given person, didnt believe in the supernatural...Until she found herself home. In My... More

Imagination is the key
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chaoter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chopter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
chapter thirty :)
chapter thirty-one
Chapter Thirty Two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thrity eight
thirty nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter forty One
Chapter Forty-Two
chapter forty-three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six.
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Four.
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixy-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty Three.
Chapter Sixy-Four.
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight.
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven.
Chapter Seventy-Eight.
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eight Four.
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six

Chapter Fifty-Three

2.3K 50 10
By GiBbErZz

"Stefan!" I shouted as Elena and I ran down into the old church. How did this day get any worse? How could they be so stupid?!

    "Stefan!" It was silent apart from Elena and my heavy breathing. The gaping doorway leading into the tomb was pitch black. Elena panted beside me.    "Stefan?" She called out, stepping closer. I grabbed her arm. 

    "Don't." I said. "Katherine won't hesitate to kill you."

    "She'll kill Stefan!" Elena argued. 

    I shook my head. "No she won't."

    "I'm glad someone has some faith in me." A voice identical to Elena's drawled croakily.

    I glared at Katherine. She was still wearing the dress she had apparently worn to the masquerade, except now it was covered in dust and it was hanging of her body.  I could see the effect clearly of lacking blood. Her usual flawless skin was chalky white and drawn in tightly. Her cheekbones protruded unattractively.  Basically she looked like shit.

    "Where's Stefan?" I demanded. 

    "Lillie. Elena." Stefan's distinctive voice spoke. And I watched as he parted through the shadows. He looked tired and uncomfortable. 

    "Stefan." I breathed. "What did you do?"

    "He wanted to spice things up a little bit." Katherine said. "That and your brother got him self into a little problem." Her eyes glinted and she brushed her thumb over the corner of her mouth. "He tasted delicious by the way."

    Any kind of calm control I had a moment ago faded fast and I released Elena and lunged. It was stupid of me and even in this furious haze I knew that. But I couldn't control myself. I was going to kill her. She'd caused too many problems. And I wanted her dead. How dare she lay a hand on my brother. 

    But before I could get within arms reach of her, muscular arms hooked around my waist. "Don't take another step." Damon's growled. 

    I stiffened and slapped his arms. "Don't touch me!" 

    My reaction seemed to shock everyone. Damon was watching me wearily and he looked slightly hurt by my words.  Elena was just staring along with Stefan but Katherine was loving every moment. She was smirking at the trouble, leaning up against the wall casually. Not casual enough, she was trying to play t off although I could see the straining effort it took to hold herself up. 

    "Are you stupid?" Damon snapped. 

    "How could you let this happen?" I demanded accusingly. He should have been here; he could have prevented this whole situation. Why did he ruin it all by running after us? We didn't need him! "This is your fault! You should have been here!"

    "I would have been if you two hadn't run off to get yourselves killed!"

    "I've already told you; I didn't know what she was planning but we were safe enough! We didn't need your help, and even when we did- you were late! You weren't any help to us! You shouldn't have gone!"

    "Lillie, It's not Damon's fault." 

    I whirled on Stefan. "Don't defend him, Stefan. You know just as well as we all do –you wouldn't be in there if Damon was here."

    "But your brother might be dead." Damon said. 

    I clenched my jaw. "Are you saying you would have let him die?"

    "He wouldn't have died- Well, I mean, he would have, but thanks to his magical ring he would have come back to life." Katherine commented. 

    "No one is talking to you, Whore." I snapped roughly in her direction.

    Katherine made a sound in the back of her throat but otherwise didn't comment. 

    "Lillie," Elena said. "Calm down."

    "Don't talk to me –I'm still pissed at you."

    "You seem to be pissed at everyone." Damon snipped.

    "Then back the fuck off Damon." I hissed.

    "Lillie," Stefan said. "Just go home. There's nothing that you can do here."

    "But-"

    "He's right." Katherine said. "Although you can come in and join us if you want to."

    I glared at her. "I think I'll pass." I turned to Stefan. "Are you going to be okay?"

    "Don't worry about a thing, Lillie." Katherine smirked and placed a hand on Stefan's shoulder. "I'll take good care of him."

    "Oh yeah, like that's comforting." I spat.

    Stefan brushed away Katherine's hand and stepped up to the boundary as close as he could. "I'll be fine, don't worry about it. "

    "See, now you've heard it from Stefan's mouth. You two should be leaving." Damon said impatiently.

    "Don't tell me what to do." I said. 

    I gave Stefan one last glance and huffed storming out from the broken down church. 

    "Hey, Bon." I greeted cheerfully as I entered the kitchen the next morning.  "What are you doing here?"     

    Bonnie smiles and passed me a cup of coffee. "Jeremy called me and told me about what you and Elena did yesterday."

    I groaned. "Before you blame me; I'm innocent."

    Bonnie laughed. "I know. Damon said."

    I frowned and took a long sip of the burning liquid. "Did he now?" 

    "Hey. What are you doing awake already?" Jeremy said, ruffling my hair as he past by.    

    "Couldn't sleep." And that was true. All during the night I had tossed and turned, unable to completely relax and fall asleep. I wasn't sure whether it was because I was worrying over Elena's willingness to give in or the fact Stefan was stuck in the tomb with Katherine. Both were equally as bad. 

    "I don't think any of us could." He commented, grabbing a yoghurt. 

"I want one." I reached for his and he gave it to me taking another one and getting two spoons from the draw beside him.

"What are we going to do about Elena?" I asked. That had been bothering me since we got home last night. Elena couldn't be trusted. I'm not going to sit by and watch her kill herself just to save us from something she has no control over.

Jeremy and Bonnie both sighed. "We don't know. What is there we can do, exactly?" Bonnie said.

"I don't know, but there has to be something." I insisted. 

    Bonnie and Jeremy exchanged knowing glances. My eyes flickered between the two. "What are you two planning?"

    "We're as unwilling to let Elena die as you are." Was all Jeremy said with a mouthful of yoghurt.

    I scrunched my face in disgust but yet shovelled in my own. Mmm, strawberry.  

    "That doesn't tell me much." I said. 

    "We don't know much." Bonnie replied. "Just how to keep her detained for the day. We have too much going on to be worrying about Elena running of and getting killed."

    That spiked my interest. "Detained how?" 

    Bonnie grinned and wiggled her fingers. "Magic."

    I dropped my spoon into my empty yoghurt container and shook my head smiling. "I don't know how I didn't guess that."

    "Yeah," Jeremy said. "Me too."

    I threw my pot at him. "Shut up."

    Jeremy laughed and put it in the bin for me. Bonnie swallowed back the last of her coffee and stood up. "I'm going to go and see Elena." 

    "Tell her that her car's at the Salvatore's for me, would ya?" I said. 

    She nodded. "Sure."

    Once Bonnie had disappeared Jeremy took her seat, another yoghurt in his hand. He was watching me.

    "What are you doing?" I asked. 

    "What actually happened yesterday?"

    "Elena wanted to kill herself." I said bluntly. 

    "I think everyone already knows that part of the story."

    "Then what is it you want to know?"

    "The rest."

    "...Elijah turned up."

    Jeremy straightened up. "The vampire who kidnapped you and Elena?"

    "Yup, that very one." I grinned. "And get this –Hollee shot him." I still couldn't believe she had done that and it will probably continue to amuse knowing that they had actually slept together previously. I still can't believe she shot him!

    "And he didn't kill her?!"

    I shook my head. "No... Actually, he kind of saved us."

    Jeremy sighed. "What part of the story are you leaving out, Lillie?

    "Some vampires turned up to take Elena to Klaus. Hollee was going to protect us but she was one girl-"

    "With a gun."

    "With a gun," I added. "Against like five vampires. The odds didn't seem too good. And then Elijah turned up and killed them all."

    "And then she shot him?" He asked.

    "Well it was an accident. She shot one of the vampires and the bullet just happened to go all the way through him... Into Elijah; She freaked out when he left."

    Jeremy laughed. "I knew I liked her for a reason."

    I rolled my eyes. "Of course. Her shooting a vampire automatically makes her likeable."

    "It does." He agreed, completely ignoring the sarcastic tone behind my words. 

    "Okay," I said suddenly serious. "It's your turn to talk. What happened yesterday?"

    Guilt washed over Jeremy's features. "It's my fault."

    I leant forward on my elbows. "What did you do, Jer?" 

    His eyes flashed around the room before he leant closer. "Bonnie is having trouble with her magic. It's too strong for her; she can't handle it.... A-and I know that doing that spell to lift the protection veil on the tomb would be bad for her. So I went behind their backs." He admitted quietly. "I took some of the ash they were going to use to incapacitate Katherine and I managed to get there before them. I went in a-and she came out of nowhere. I didn't have time to use the ash before she was already feeding from me."

    So she wasn't lying to me to get a rise out of me. She really did feed from him. I clenched my hands in to tight fists. 

    "Stefan trapped himself in there to save my life." 

    "Why would you do that, Jer?" 

    "I was trying to protect Bonnie." 

    "Bonnie doesn't need protecting-"

    "And I do?" he interrupted sharply.

    "I never said that."

    "You didn't have too, I know what you were going to say."

    He pushed the seat back and stood up. 

    "Jeremy," I tried. "I didn't mean that and you know it."

    "I can take care of myself." He said. 

    "And I'm not saying you can't; stop twisting my words."

    He glanced at me and the shook his head, leaving the kitchen quickly and I could hear his footsteps stamping up the stairs. 

    I groaned loudly and let my arms give out, dropping my head to the table.  I'm really not having any luck with my siblings over the last few days. Why do I make them angry all of the time. It's rather annoying. Seriously, I never knew Jeremy was so sensitive and Elena, god, the things I could say about Elena. 

    I must have stayed in the kitchen silently complaining to myself about the childish ways of my family for a while because the next thing I know, Elena's voice flooded my ears. Bonnie and Jeremy's following just afterwards. 

     I quickly stood up and followed it to the front door. Elena looked furious as she looked between her brother and friend. 

    "You can't do this to me!"

    "I'm sorry, Elena, but we can't risk anything else happening."

    "You can't keep me trapped here!" 

    "Actually," Jeremy said stepping forward. "We can."

    "What's going on guys?" I asked and everyone turned to look at me. Elena glared. 

    "This was your idea." She accused.

    I cocked an eyebrow. "I doubt that considering I'm completely lost on what's going on."

    "Bonnie's spelled the door; we can't leave." She explained through gritted teeth.

    I frowned. "Huh?" Would Bonnie really do that to us? Elena could obviously see the doubt in my eyes and placed her hand close to the door and tried to push it through, instead it connected with an invisible barrier. I narrowed my eyes at Bonnie; if I'm trapped here I'm going to lose it rather quickly. I moved to Elena side and raised my hand just like she had. I expected to feel the restricting barrier but instead I stumbled out the door, quickly catching myself on the porch banister. When I realised what had happened I spun around happily and grinned smugly at Elena, who's jaw had dropped. 

    "Seems like it's just you who's trapped." And then to make the situation worse; I laughed.  I didn't mean too and being under Elena's killer glare made me wish that I hadn't but I happy that something is actually being done about Elena's recklessness. 

    "Bonnie!" Elena exclaimed. "How is this fair?!"

    "She doesn't want to die." Bonnie answered. 

    "Neither do I!"

    Definitely the wrong thing to say as Bonnie's eyes narrowed. "Really?"

    "...Yeah."

    Bonnie extended her hand out. "The moonstone in your pocket says otherwise."

    Elena's eyes widened.  "H-how did you know?" she dug into the pocket of her jeans and presented the white oval moonstone. 

    Bonnie snatched it from her quickly. "It was a test; you failed."

    "Tut, tut, tut." I said.  "if you passed you could be enjoying the lovely outdoors...Shame. Since I'm already out, I've got somewhere I need to be." I sent Elena a teasing grin. "Have fun, sis."

    "You're not funny, Lillie." She gritted out.

    "Well I happen to think she's hilarious." Damon's smooth voice said from right behind me.

    My body reacted instantly and stiffed. "It's a shame that no one cares what you think then, isn't it?" 

    Bonnie, Jeremy and Elena all watched Damon and I from in the house and it just made the whole situation that much worse and uncomfortable. I turned around to face Damon and he was smirking. Did he not remember how I acted with his last night? Did he just think maybe I was tired and after sleeping everything would be okay? Well it's not. 

    "I-I've got to go." I mumbled, brushing past Damon hurriedly. But he caught my arm. 

    "Where are you going?"

    "Out."

    "Yeah, thank you for that, Lillie. Now, where?"

    "It's none of your business, Damon."

    With his grip still on my arm he turned to Bonnie. "Tell me again why she isn't locked away inside with Elena?"

    "Because there's no point." Bonnie said. 

    Damon just looked at her like she was stupid. "Yes there is, witchy. Neither twin is too be trusted."

    Bonnie gave Damon a pointed look. "Do you want to be the one to deal with a whining Lillie?" 

    "She's worse than Caroline- by far." Jeremy added on the end. 

    I opened my mouth to argue; I mean that's kind of offensive but then I realised that I couldn't because t was actually true. I did like whining when I didn't get my way and because of that people like Bonnie and the rest of my family don't like saying no to me because I get very very annoying.

    I pulled my arm from Damon's grasp. "Well since that's been covered. I'll be off." I glared at Damon. "Follow me and I won't be afraid to stab you again."

    He glared back and clenched his jaw but didn't take another step towards me. 

    With another smile to the trio in the doorway I turned around and was on my way.

    "And then he got all angry and defensive! I didn't even say anything like that!" I complained loudly. My voice echoed around the abandoned church. 

    "He's going through a tough time, Lillie. Give him some slack." Stefan said. 

    I lay on the floor just outside of the tomb, staring up at the sky, watching as it darkened over time and the stars slowly came out to play. Since I left home earlier, I'd been down here with Stefan and Katherine. Surprisingly at the moments I prefer her to Elena. She grows on you. Although there are moments when I wouldn't mind her keeping her mouth shut. Her comments are completely unnecessary. Stefan was sat just the other side, his back lent up against the wall, facing me. Katherine was hovering beside him. 

    "Yeah." I said. "But we all are. And it was weird. He just got angry all of a sudden about words I hadn't actually said."

    "He's a teenager." Was Katherine's unhelpful reply.

    "So are we." I stated. 

    Ignoring Katherine, Stefan spoke up. "He just wants you to know that he can look after himself and he wants you too know that he can look after you all."

    "But he can't! He's only 15. He shouldn't have too." I let my head fall to the side so that my cheek was pressed to the ground so that it was easier to look at Stefan. 

     Stefan smiled slightly. "There's nothing you can do about that. He's involved whether you like it or not and he just wants to feel like he matters."

    "He does matter!" I insisted.

    "Debatable." Katherine piped up.

    "Shut-up, Katherine." I said. Without turning away from Stefan. I smiled. "I didn't thank you last night for saving my brother."

    He tilted his head forward a little. "I wouldn't let him get hurt."

    "I know; thank you." 

    "You're welcome."

    "God," Katherine groaned. "You are disgusting with your soppiness."

    "You're annoying." I commented. "Did you know that?"

    "Annoying is definitely not a word I would use to describe myself." 

    "Just," I put a finger to my lips. "Shhhh."

    "Why don't you come in here and make me? I'm feeling rather famished."

    A light when off in my head. "Oh!" I sat up and started rummaging through my bag that I had picked up from the Salvatore house so I could grab Elena's car. 

        When my fingers found what I was looking for I pulled them out. I held three blood bags in my hands and grinned at Katherine's instant reaction. Her eyes widened and she actually licked her lips. 

        "You look like you want this," I waved the bag teasingly. 

        In a blur she was standing at the restrictions, her hands pressed against the invisible barrier.

        "Lillie," She said slowly and I grinned at the power I was holding over her.

        "Yes, Katherine?"

        Her eyes were glues to the crimson liquid. I squeezed it lightly. " It would be such a shame if I were to squeeze it too hard." 

        She wanted to protest but she wasn't going to give me that power. 

        "You know what? If you apologize, I'll give it too you." 

        Her jaw visibly clenched. "Apologize for what?"

        "Well now that you've asked." I said. "Stabbing Jenna-"

        "I didn't stab her, she stabbed herself."

        "Because you compelled her too."

        She rolled her eyes. "Fine. What else?"

        "Tormenting Stefan and Elena. Pretending to be Elena –which by the way, have to admit you do a good job being Elena. Better than Elena does sometimes, and that shouldn't be possible. And then I want a sincere apology for using my brother as human blood bag."

        "Sorry." She said simply.

        I looked at Stefan. "That didn't sound very sincere, Stefan, did it?

        Stefan shook his head, supressing a smile. "I think she could do better."

        Katherine looked between the two of us in disbelief before keeping her eyes on me. "I'm sorry for what I have done." I could hear her teeth being ground together from where I sat.

        "I don't know if I believe you." I said, squeezing the bag again. 

        "Wait! Okay," She huffed." I'm sorry for everything, it was impulsive and stupid of me." I smiled. "Now hand over the blood." 

        I should have expected that. I tossed her one of the bag and her teeth tore into it almost immediately. 

        "How are you on human blood?" I directed to Stefan.

        Stefan shook his head. "No. Don't. I won't drink it."

        "Thought as much." I shoved my hand back in my bag and my fingers curled around a plastic bottle. I pulled it out. And rolled it towards him. 

        He eyed it carefully. 

        "Animal." I informed. 

        He unscrewed the cap and took a whiff. He reacted fast; his eyes shifted to red and the familiar veins wriggled excitedly under his eyes. He lifted the bottle to his lips and swallowed greedily. 

        Whilst the two vampires feed I shoved the spare two blood bags in my bag out of Katherine's sight. It was a shame Stefan wasn't on human blood; I bought him two bags. I wanted to rub it in Katherine's face. It would have been amusing. I think she whines and moans as much as I do about things. 

        As I assumed Katherine finished before Stefan and threw the empty packet at me. Luckily it was sucked dry otherwise I would have had a major problem with it. 

        "Enjoy?" I asked. 

        "Yes, I feel much better now."

        "Great. How about you, Stefan? Did that hit the spot?"

        He crushed the bottle in his firm grip and nodded. His face was still in his vampire form and he closed his eyes relaxing. 

        "Where did you come across Animal blood?" He asked once he was able to change back. His green eyes brighter than they had been before and I sighed in relief over it.

        "It was on one of the table in you house. I think Damon was planning on coming down to visit you later or something."

        "So blood in a bottle and you presume that it's animal?" Katherine questioned.

        "Well the note made it pretty obvious."

        "Note?" 

        I smiled. "I think Damon was trying to remind himself not to drink it. 'Stefan's stupid bunny stuff.'"

        "Where is Damon, anyway?" Katherine asked, slinking in closer. 

        "Babysitting Elena I think."

        That grabbed Stefan's attention. "Babysitting?"

        "Yeah." I said. "She's not really trustworthy at the moment."

        "Why? What happened?" 

        "I-I thought you knew. I thought Damon would have told you."

        "Told me what?" Stefan pressed. 

        "Elena went to Richmond yesterday to try and contact Klaus. She wants to hand herself over. She thinks that she's saving us if she gives up."         Seeing Stefan's look I quickly continued. "Don't worry, she's fine. Klaus doesn't know where she is Elijah made sure of that."

        Katherine's breath hitched. And Stefan's eyes narrowed. "Elijah?"

        Wow, Damon really hasn't told him anything.  "Yeah, " I said slowly. "Elijah's not as dead as you originally thought."

        "We killed him." 

        "Obviously he doesn't like staying dead. But at this moment I'm not complaining because admittedly he did save our lives."

        Stefan frowned. "Why didn't Damon tell me?"

        I shrugged. "Because there's nothing that you can do about it. I mean, you are stuck in there with her."

        "And we're having a blast." Katherine commented dryly. 

        "I don't doubt that."

        "Doesn't matter whether I'm stuck in here or not; I should know." Stefan said. And I agreed with him. Damon really should have told him. It would be worse with Stefan not knowing. What if Stefan somehow ended up getting out of the tomb and Elijah turns up? He would freak out. Well, maybe not visibly because I can't imagine Stefan freaking out, but what I'm trying to say is that it wouldn't be a good thing.

        "Yeah, well he didn't want to hurt us, so you shouldn't worry about it, Stefan." I said. I know that probably didn't help any, but I tried.  

        "But there nothing to say that he wont in the future."

        "Hopefully we wont see him again."

        "Elijah isn't going anywhere." Katherine piped up.

        Stefan and I twisted to face her. She was looking smug. She knew stuff that we didn't. 

        "Why do you say that?" I asked. 

        "You know," she started. "I'm feeling too hungry too talk." Her hands fell to her stomach and she eyed my bag. 

        Reluctantly I grabbed another blood-bag and tossed it to her. She gulped it down within seconds. She really was hungry. 

        When she had consumed everything, she dropped it to the floor. 

        "Talk." I ordered. 

        She sighed like this was a boring casual chat that she really didn't want to take part in. And she probably didn't.

        "Elijah is close to Klaus, okay? And if Klaus wants Elena, why do you think Elijah is still here? He's not going to leave without her."

        "Katherine," a voice spoke from the shadows. "You seem to have gotten yourself into some trouble it would seem."

        Katherine's entire form froze and her eyes widen in what I could only see as fear. Elijah stepped forward and Instantly Stefan was on his feet. 

        "Elijah," Katherine breathed in disbelief. She swallowed and stepped backwards, further into the tomb. 

        "You were dead." Stefan stated. 

        Elijah spared him a glance. "For centuries now."

        I smiled. At least he has some kind of sense of humor. Although it was difficult to see Elijah as there scary vampire I was supposed to, especially after finding out that Hollee had slept with him. It was too weird to really process but knowing that did not make him intimidating in the least. In fact it was kind of hard too even look at him. 

        "How?" 

        Elijah gave a tight-lipped smile. "I'm special, but that is not important. Your release has been requested."

        I couldn't help myself. "By who?"

        Elijah turned to face me. "Elena."

        My blood ran cold. What has she done now!? But before I could make any more comments, Elijah brushed me off and gestured for Stefan to come forwards. 

        "You can leave." He said simply.

        Stefan's eyes wondered around the doorway of the tomb and then shook his head. "No. No I can't."

        Elijah licked his lips. "You're friend Bonnie possess the gift of magic, correct?" 

        Stefan nodded. 

        "I too, have similar friends. The spell has been lifted, Stefan, you can leave."

        With one more hesitant glance around he took a step forward and to everyone's surprise –except Elijah's- Stefan was able to pass straight through the boundary. His shoulders sagged in relief and quickly made his way to me.     When he was within reach I wrapped my arms around him in a hug that he returned. I looked at Elijah over Stefan's shoulder and nodded to Elijah in thanks, he nodded back. 

Stefan and I released each other just in time to see Katherine try to run. Elijah blurred in front of her and she came to a quick halt; shaking in fear. 

        Elijah gripped Katherine chin tightly, I could see his knuckles straining from here, the skin turning white. 

        "You're numbered day, remain in this tomb. You cannot leave until I say so" As Elijah spoke, Katherine's body relaxed and her eye glazed over. Is he compelling her? How is that possible? A vampire compelling another vampire shouldn't be possible?

        "I cannot leave." She repeated blankly. 

        Elijah released her and stepped away. Emotions rushed across Katherine's features and she looked at us pleadingly. 

        "Don't leave me in here!" She cried out. 

        I shook my head and grabbed Stefan's arm tugging him towards the exit. We couldn't stay here. As much as I didn't really like Katherine I don't think I could deal with hearing her beg to be released. 

        Stefan followed behind me easily. 

        "Thank you." I said to Elijah as we passed. 

        The drive home was quite; Stefan and I both just thinking. I couldn't pull my thoughts away from knowing that Elijah and Elena have spoken. What's she agreed to do for him to get Stefan out of that tomb? It had to have been something that he wanted and all I can think about is that it revolved around Klaus. If she's given herself over to him I will kill her before Klaus even gets the chance. 

        We pulled up to the house and parked the car in the driveway.

        "Come on, I'm sure Elena will want to see you." I said. Stefan smiled and got out of the car. 

        When we entered the house Jenna greeted us brightly. "Hey guys."

        "Hey, Aunt Jenna." I said at the same time Stefan greeted her. 

        "Where's Elena?" I asked. 

        Jenna waved her spoon towards the stairs. "Her room."

        I grabbed Stefan's hand. "Thanks."

        "So, Elena." I said freely walking into her bedroom. She was sat on the window seat; her journal open on her lap and a pen in her hand.         "How has your day been?" 

        She glared. "Boring. I was trapped in my house."

        "Oh, yeah, you were, weren't you?"

        "It's not funny, Lillie."

        I held my thumb and index finger up for her too see. "It is, just a little bit."

        She huffed. "Just go away." and put her pen to paper.

        "Even after I bought you a present?" 

        She looked over at me cautiously. "What?"

        "You can come in!" I called. 

        The door creaked behind me and I knew Stefan was now visible as Elena's brown eyes widened and she grinned. "Stefan!" She called. She tossed her journal and pen to the floor and instantly had Stefan wrapped in an embrace, hugging him tightly. "I'm so happy you're okay." She said. 

        Stefan pulled away first and smiled. "Thank you, for getting me out."

        That when I stepped forward to break up their little reunion. "Yeah, Elena. How exactly did you get Elijah to do it?"

        Guilt flitted across her eyes. "I made a deal with him."

        "What kind of deal?"

        "One that protects you all." 

        I clenched my jaw. "Do you wanna give me some specifics?"

        She sighed and sat on the edge of her bed. "He came to see me and he said as long as I stopping trying to get myself killed he'll protect everyone that I love."

        "And you trust him?" Stefan beat me too it.

        "He on our side. He wants Klaus dead. That's what he wants me for; to lure Klaus to Mystic falls."

        "I'm going to repeat Stefan," I said. "You trust him?" 

        She nodded. "Yeah." 

        I shook my head. How can she be so fucking stupid? Does she know nothing? He kidnapped us for fuck sake!

        "Do what you want, Elena." I said giving in. She was so determined on this, there was absolutely no way I was going to be able to change her mind whatsoever. 

        She smiled sadly and nodded. "It's for the best." She looked at Stefan. "I'm glad that you're out."

        "Me too." He said. "I should probably get home and make sure the house is still in one piece."

        "I'll see you out." I said quietly.

        I close Elena's bedroom door behind us quietly, even thought I was more than tempted to slam it. I was so angry with her. I'm sure there's more to this deal than she's telling us because why can't Elijah just hunt Klaus down alone? What does he really need Elena for? It's not adding up. 

        "Are you okay?" Stefan touched my arm gently as I came to the top step. 

        "No." I answered truthfully. I spun to face him, frowning. "Why can't she just stop? Why does she always want to be the good guy? It's not always the best thing to be, is it, Stefan?"

        "No," He said quietly. "But she feels like she is doing the best thing for everyone."

        "But she's not!" My voice rose and Stefan quickly glanced around the hallway to make sure that we were over heard before pulling me into my bedroom.

        "She doesn't see it that way, Lillie."

        "Well, she should." I said stubbornly. "Has she even considered how we would all feel if we lost her? Our family is already broken, Stefan. I don't think any of us could handle losing another person. I think it would be our breaking point." I could feel myself getting worked up. "I just don't know what more I-we can do to help. She wont let us. She doesn't want our help. She so happy to just give up and die I-I just can't. It makes me feel sick to my stomach to think of her like that. She my sister, Stefan, I'm supposed to help her with stuff... But she wont let me!" 

        I had to swallow back the tears threatening to fall, they clouded my eyes and Stefan wasn't anymore than a blur. "I-I don't know what to do." 

        "Lillie," He said carefully and his hands came to rest upon my shoulders. "It's going to be okay. We're going to protect Elena and she's not going to die, all right. None of us will allow that to happen."

        "Doesn't mean it wont." I said quietly and sniffled. The tears burned at my eyes and I don't think I could hold them back for much longer. 

        "Do you trust me?" 

        I looked into Stefan's green eyes. "Yes."

        "Then trust me that everything will be okay." 

        My shoulders fell. "Okay."

        "Okay?" 

        I nodded. "Okay."

        I collapsed onto my bed, staring up at my ceiling my thought flickering from both Elena and Damon.. The mattress dipped beside me.         "What else is on your mind?"

        I budged over and gave Stefan some more room and he lay down on his back mimicking me. 

        "Nothing."

        "Lillie, It's not good to hold it all in." He said. 

        "I know, but I don't want to talk about it."

        "Okay," He sighed. "I'm not going to pry."

        The room was silent with both Stefan and I just staring aimlessly at the ceiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 1.2K 68
Elena's twenty-one year old aunt moves to Mystic Falls after the death of her brother; she live Seth Elena, Elena's brother, and Elena's other aunt...
72.8K 1.6K 64
Eva Gilbert has spent her entire life having fun with her best friend and twin sister Elena in Mystic Falls, a small town in Virginia where nothing b...
99.8K 2.1K 44
Alexandra has finally reached the point where she's becoming independent. With her and her bestfriend, Eleanor, moving to the town called Mystic Fal...
978K 18.1K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...