By Your Side

By Kayyy-Chan

*currently editing* Book 1: No Regrets, Right? Book 2: Gomen... Captain --- This is the 3rd book in my Luffyx... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Special Chapter
Question for my readers
New Book!

Chapter 43

263 5 1
By Kayyy-Chan

Luffy's P.O.V (Bet you didn't see this one coming... okay maybe you did...)

"All right! Let's go!" I turned my head to the side, "Momo, have you transformed into a dragon? I regained my strength!" I began to walk around, trying to find the kid. "Hey, Momo! Are you having a meal?"

"Luffytaro! Momonouske-Sama is still here." I stopped walking and saw that ninja lady sitting on the ground. I then looked back in front of me and saw Momonouske, only his dragon form was much bigger.

Law's crew began freaking out, thinking it was Kaido. I walked closer, remembering the time I first met Momo in the trash heap on Punk Hazard.

"Straw Hat! It's dangerous! Get away from him!"

I stopped walking and looked up to Momo with a smile. "Are you Momo?"

"Indeed." Momo replied, locking his gaze with mine.

"It's my Ripe-Ripe Justu!" Ninja lady spoke up, crying. "At Momonouske-Samas request, I made him a 28-year-old!"

I turned to look at her over my shoulder at the news. "You're capable of that?!" I didn't get a response as she kept crying. "Why are you crying?"

"Because...!" She started, but just kept crying as she looked at Momo.

With a smile, I spoke up, deciding it's time to go. "All right! Let's go, Momo!" I brought my hand up in front of me, punching the palm of my hand. "To take back the Land of Wano!"

I jumped up on top the top of Momo's head, glancing at the island in the sky. "Okay!"

"Let's go!" Momo announced, lifting his head into the sky.

"Good, Momo!" I smirked. "Oh, it's so high! Oh, I'm flying!"

Not a second later, Momo began flailing around."It is very high! I'm scared!"

"Whoa-whoa-whoa-who's! W-W-What are you doing?!" I shouted to Momo, grabbing on so I don't fall off. "Calm down, Momo!- Huh?"

Momo slammed into the ground, taking me with him. "Ow, ow, ow..." I coughed, before looking to the island again. "Damn, we fell." I slapped a hand on Momo's head. "What the hell are you doing, Momo?! Fly! You flew earlier!"

"No... I... I know!" Momo shouted back, "B-But... I-I cannot move!"

"Haaah?!" I exclaimed, confused as I stood up.

"J-Just by raising my head... d-do you realize how high it will be?!" Momo gasped out, flattening his head into the ground.

"I don't know, you fool! You're a full grown but still scared of heights?!" I shouted back, egging him on.

"Shut up! Do not be insolent!" Momo shouted back. "W-We samurai have nothing to fear!"

That so... I jumped from his head into his nose, staring into his eyes, placing my hands on my hips. "Then, fly! Fly now!"

...

After a while of bickering with Momo, and pulling on his whiskers... he finally began to fly. That was short lived as he began heading into the island itself instead of the roof where Kaido is. "Hey! No! No, no! Not that way! Are you keeping your eyes open?!"

"Idiot! How can I fly with my eyes open?!" Momo shouted back at me.

"What?!" I shouted in disbelief.

"I can do it! Count on me!" Momo stated, but still didn't open his eyes.

"No!" I shouted as we got closer to the structure. "This isn't the rooftop!"

I braced myself as we crashed through, flying around the room. Glancing around, I noticed it was where I was earlier and I caught a glimpse of Zoro and Sanji. "Stop! Stop, stop!"

Momo flew into another wall, leading us out of the room and into the halls. "Stop, Momo! What are you doing?!"

"Where am I?!" Momo shouted, ignoring me completely. We crashed into the ceiling above us, going up into another hall.

"A dragon?! Is that Kaido?!"

I looked over, seeing Big Mom. "Ehhh?! Big Mom?!" I didn't have time to worry about her as we kept moving up, crashing into another hall. "Enough! Open up your eyes, Momo!" I shouted as he slowed down, skidding on the ground.

"I can't! And besides, something got into them, too!" Momo explained, still not opening his eyes.

"That's because you crashed into things!" I explained, glaring ahead of us.

"Do something, Luffy!" Momo wailed, still squeezing his eyes shut.

"Guts! Show some guys and look ahead!" I shouted, but widened my eyes as another wall came closer. "A wall! Stop!"

"WHAT?!" Momo shouted, seems he finally opened his eyes as we crashed through.

As we crashed, Momo lied on the ground, squinting his eyes back closed. "No more... I don't want to anymore!"

I shook the debris from my head, looking down at Momo. "What are you doing?! I still need you to take me to where Kaido-" My sentence was cut short as something caught my attention.

I looked forward, seeing something on the ground ahead of me. I jumped down from Momo's head, walking over to it. When I got close, I noticed it was a sword, but the familiarity of it caught my attention even more. This is...

I bent down, picking it up. I examined the sword in my hands, noticing blood on the hilt. Worry began to spread throughout my body as I looked back up in front of me, when I did, I felt my blood run cold.

Dropping my arm that held the sword to my side, I walked a couple steps forward, before bending down on the ground. I dropped the sword onto the ground as I brought my hand forward, landing on the arm outstretched towards me. "(Y/N)...?"

As I went to make contact, my hand flinched back as I envisioned Ace's body lying there instead of (Y/N)'s, bringing the familiar sense of my throat tightening up.

Blinking a couple times, I shook the image from my head as I grabbed ahold of (Y/N), bringing her to where I cradled her in my arms. "Hey... wake up..."

I rested my head in the crook of her neck as I sat still, trying to feel for a heart beat. I felt a little relief was over me as I felt it, but it was faint. I felt something wet on my hand and brought it up, seeing it was covered in blood.

Alarmed, I glanced down, seeing a huge gash going down her back, a slight panic beginning to take over as I began to shake her lightly. "Hey, say something! (Y/N)!"

After a few minutes, I heard a small pained grunt coming from (Y/N), causing me to stop my movements. "L-Luffy...?"

I brought my gaze to hers, watching as she squinted her eyes open. "(Y/N)..."

I saw a weak smile cross her face as she spoke up. "Thank god... I knew you'd come back." She let out a hiss as she raised an arm up, cupping the side of my face. "I held Kaido off as long as I could until you came back."

What? "You fought Kaido?" I spoke up, widening my eyes.

"Yeah... I couldn't let him get to Momonouske." She admitted, frowning slightly. "Is he okay?" 

I glanced over my shoulder to where Momo was, seeing he still had his eyes squinted closed. "Yeah, he's fine." I turned back to look at (Y/N).

She let out a sigh of relief. "That's good..." She met my gaze once more, "Beat Kaido's ass, okay..."

I watched as her eyes closed again, going limp in my arms. After a moment, I lied her back down on the ground, walking back over to Momo, shadow casted over my eyes. "Momo... let's go."

I mounted Momo as he didn't argue, seeming to take note of my tone of voice. "Right..." With that, he took to the air once more, this time not hesitating.

Next thing I know, we were in the air, glancing down onto the rooftop where Kaido and Yamato are facing off.

I watched as a lightning strike shot down where Yamato was, preparing to attack. I locked my gaze onto Kaido, bringing my arm up to my mouth. "Gear Four!"

I coated my arms in Haki, preparing to lunge forward. "Snake-Man!" I shout off of Momo, flying towards Kaido at rapid speed. "Gum-Gum..."

At the same time, Yamato shot forward, bringing her club behind her. "Divine Swiftness! White serpent!"

"Jet Culverin!" I shouted, extending my arm as it shot forward, zigzagging to gain momentum, flying beside Yamato's white snake, as both attacks collided with Kaido, sending him flying back several feet. "Prepare yourself Kaido, I won't hold back..."

"Beat Kaido's ass, okay..."

"For I have to win."

———
Published: 02/11/2023

A/N: I know I just posted yesterday, but I am out of work for a few days due to an accident from work and shall be completing this story in that time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 822 35
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? --- It's been 2 years since the Battle of Marineford. 2 years since the straw hats were separated. After taking off from...
113K 4.2K 57
Luffy time travels to the past. Can he change the fate of his loved ones or will he fail them again? Let's read the story to find out what happened t...
1.2K 2 15
Kaito, or Kai for short, who ate an unknown Devil Fruit, was just a young man with an ambition to become a master battle strategist and merchant for...