The Priestess' Affair [Books...

Door Benita_16

Theresa has it tough with her priestess training and convincing her arrogant brother to stop fighting the wer... Meer

𝐈. 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧
𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐈𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭
𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞
𝐕𝐈. 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞
𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐈𝐗. 𝐞𝐱𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝐗. 𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞-𝐨𝐟𝐟
𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐬
𝐗𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐢
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬
𝐗𝐗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞
𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐦𝐚𝐣𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝐗𝐗𝐕. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐦
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐮𝐧𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕. 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐗𝐋. 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐋𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝐗𝐋𝐕. 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈. 𝐜𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐲
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗. 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐋. 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐋𝐈. 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬
𝐋𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲
𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐤
𝐋𝐈𝐕. 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰
𝐋𝐕. 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝐋𝐕𝐈. 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬
𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬
𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞
𝐋𝐈𝐗. 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐋𝐗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐲
𝐋𝐗𝐈. 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞
𝐋𝐗𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬' 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦
𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤
𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐋𝐗𝐗. 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐝
𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
epilogue
Book 2
Book 2: Chapter 1
Book 2: Chapter 2
Book 2: Chapter 3
Book 2: Chapter 4
Book 2: Chapter 5
Book 2: Chapter 6
Book 2: Chapter 7
Book 2: Chapter 8
Book 2: Chapter 9
Book 2: Chapter 10
Book 2: Chapter 11
Book 2: Chapter 12
Book 2: Chapter 13
Book 2: Chapter 14
Book 2: Chapter 15
Book 2: chapter 16
Book 2: Chapter 17
Book 2: Chapter 18
Book 2: Chapter 19
Book 2: Chapter 20
Book 2: Chapter 21
Book 2: Chapter 22
Book 2: Chapter 23
Book 2: Chapter 24
Book 2: Chapter 25
Book 2: Chapter 26
Book 2: Chapter 27
Book 2: Chapter 28
Book 2: Chapter 29
Book 2: Chapter 30
Book 2: Chapter 31
Book 2: Chapter 32
Book 2: Chapter 33
Book 2: Chapter 34
Book 2: Chapter 35
Book 2: Chapter 36
Book 2: Chapter 37
Book 2: Chapter 38
Book 2: Chapter 39
Book 2: Chapter 40
Book 2: Chapter 41
Book 2: Chapter 42
Book 2: Chapter 43
Book 2: Chapter 44

𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

1.5K 171 5
Door Benita_16

-HIM-

It was the last night of celebrations, and I had a very odd feeling about it. I didn't know what it was, it was harder for me to put it into words. There was something that was bothering me deeply... of course, it had to do with my mate.

I was going to leave tomorrow... without her, and the idea didn't quite please me. I wanted to take her with me, but she seemed hellbent on not doing anything with me. As much as it deeply hurt me, I could tell she had a strong enough reason behind it. Otherwise, it was hard to fight the mate bond.

I just wanted to see her for the last time. I knew that I wouldn't see her at the Royal dinner because ladies in waiting weren't included there.

Maybe, I could arrange something... I thought to myself. Well, I could arrange a lot of things in that sense... I could steal her, but that would be like trying to trap smoke in my hands. I wanted her to come with me on her own. I wanted to meet her for the last. I was ready to beg if it was required, but before I left, I needed to see her for the last time. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to leave.

As the grand celebrations for the night started, I felt out of touch with everything and everyone around me. I didn't want to be there, but I had to be there. Since I was also Theoron's main guest, it was even more necessary for me to be there.

When I arrived at the venue, the arrangements were grander than the day the celebrations had started. However, none of this mattered because even though I attended the celebrations physically, my mind was elsewhere. I smiled and talked to the other guests that night, pretending to enjoy the night.

I met Khazar and Nanda as well. It was obvious Khazar wasn't enjoying the event, especially because our clandestine mission had failed. On the other hand, Nanda was putting more effort into appearing that he was enjoying the night.

It took excessive effort at the Royal Dinner to look like we were enjoying the night. Theoron was prouder and more pompous than ever, stretching our patience thin. His sister was also there. I tried to be polite to her out of formality but also because there was a sliver of a chance of her being Theoron's real sister.

Just out of curiosity and a little hope, I glanced around the table, my eyes searching for her. I was slightly disappointed when I didn't find her at the Royal Dinner despite knowing she wouldn't have gotten the invitation for this dinner anyway.

For the rest of the dinner, I tuned in and out of the conversations, only thinking about her in my head. All I wanted was to see her for the last time, but as far as the situation went, it was starting to get glaringly clear that I might not get to see her before leaving. This wasn't making things easier for me. Accepting this was more painful than swelling a shard of glass.

But I still wanted to try and see her. I was thinking of arranging something tonight by which I could meet her. For that, I needed the dinner to end, but unfortunately, it kept going. The more I thought about time, the slower it seemed to get.

The dinner was also very uneventful, except for Theoron making inappropriate remarks here and there. Though the wine made these things more tolerable, I wanted to get out of there. At one point, I thought about making an excuse and just leaving. However, I didn't have to think about it for long.

An excuse to leave presented itself to me instead. During mid-dinner, Lars left the table briefly because one of our men wanted to see him urgently. The way he left felt very unusual. Something was going on. I could smell it in the air. I didn't have to wonder for long. I instantly knew something was terribly wrong by looking at Lars' face when he returned.

"You need to come with me right now," Lars whispered into my ear after returning to the table. I tensed, hearing the urgency in his voice. He looked visibly anxious. The other people around us noticed this commotion and were now paying more attention to us. I kept my face unreadable as I politely excused myself from the tale and left. Lars didn't breathe a word until we were completely alone.

He swallowed hard, looking more nervous before he announced the news to me, "There has been an assassination attempt on her," His words hit me like a burning meteorite, immediately engulfing me in chaos. My wolf instantly started fighting me to be let out. I stood there, clenching my fists and jaw, trying my best not to lose control. If I lost control now, then it would be a complete disaster.

"Where is she?" I demanded, my voice came out deep and guttural. Instantly, I saw fear flash in Lars' eyes. All the colours drained out of it until he was as pale as the moon.

"Alex," He breathed, "You need to stay in control," He tried to tell me, but I wasn't having any of it.

"Where is she!" I demanded, almost roaring at him.

"She's with us. Our healers are trying to save her," As soon as he was done speaking, I ran to my wing. I heard Lars behind me, trying to catch up to me. I didn't stop until I was back in the wing. I went straight to the room where they were treating her.

At first, I found another of Theresa's ladies-in-waiting who was being treated. She had endured a deep wound in her stomach and was bleeding a lot. The sight triggered something much more dangerous inside me. I needed to see my mate instantly.

"Where is she?" I almost growled at the healer, who pointed to the back of the room where more healers were gathered around a bed, urgently working. I saw one of them holding a huge pile of bloodied clothes.

Instantly, I went there, pushing a healer aside until my eyes fell on her. She was heavily bleeding from several parts of her body. Her face looked pale, with no trace of life visible on it.

"Who did this?" I growled, shaking with anger and seeing red.

"We caught the woman who planned this," Lars spoke behind me. Instantly, I went outside that room to find my guards dragging a screaming woman. I went for her neck instantly, wrapping my fingers around her neck in a death grip. As soon as she looked me in the eyes, all the blood drained away from her face, and she started shivering.

"What are you called?" I asked, squeezing her neck.

"Selma," she choked, tears running down her eyes.

"On whose order did you do it?" I asked her, and she started shivering more. Her eyes were wide with fear, her face got paler and paler. I applied more pressure before slamming her against the wall until a pleading moan escaped her lips. She was crying out loud.

"I will tie you to the post and skin you alive until you give me the name," I growled, and she started crying louder.

"Th-the royal advisor," She answered. I snapped her neck before she could take another breath though a part of me regretted it instantly. I should have tortured her more, making her regret her whole life, but that wouldn't have served me much. She was following orders. The person who had made this happen was still alive. Now, it was my time to who them my true face.

_

The next 3 chapters are free on Inkitt. Read the complete book on Patreon. The Links are in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: His Scarlet Match, Saint, Mr Night Part 2 and many other stories.

Thanks for reading <3

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

39.4K 5.2K 71
|𝟐𝟑𝐱 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐘𝐒 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑| This epic werewolf themed fantasy follows a no-nonsense future Luna, 𝐕𝐄𝐍�...
3.1M 65.1K 200
Please follow me on ink itt and begin reading my books on there, these ones will be deleted soon. Many of my stories are free to read on there. All m...
1.2K 127 27
"I'll only ever love Hunter," Riley said to him, her tone firm as she boldly stared into his sinister gaze. He scoffed, beaming with confidence as he...
11.8K 561 10
Witches. Most were eradicated during The Big Cleansing years ago. Those alive now hide amongst the monsters of the world: vampires, werewolves, and t...