rag doll | TWD

By Ann_and_Nikki

"rag doll, livin' in a movie hot tramp, daddy's little cutie you're so fine, they'll never see ya leavin' by... More

[introduction]
[cast]
[playlist]
[1] the rag dolls
[2] a fourteenth street hooker
[3] cherokee rose
[4] chupacabra
[5] secrets
[6] pretty much dead already
[7] nebraska
[8] triggerfinger
[9] judge, jury, executioner
[10] better angels
[11] beside the dying fire
[12] seed
[13] sick
[15] hounded
[16] when the dead come knocking
[17] made to suffer
[18] the suicide king
[19] home
[20] i ain't a judas
[21] arrow on the doorpost
[22] this sorrowful life
[23] welcome to the tombs
[24] 30 days without an accident
[25] infected
[26] isolation
[27] indifference
[28] internment
[29] too far gone
[30] cryin'
[31] the grove
[32] no sanctuary
[33] strangers
[34] four walls and a roof
[35] self help
[36] crossed
[37] coda
[38] them
[39] the distance
[40] remember
[41] forget
[42] try
[43] conquer
[44] first time again
[45] jss
[46] now
[47] heads up
[48] start to finish
[49] no way out
[50] the next world
[51] knots untie
[52] not tomorrow yet
[53] the same boat
[54] twice as far
[55] east
[56] last day on earth
[57] the day will come when you won't be
[58] the cell
[59] service
[60] sing me a song
[61] hearts still beating
[62] hostiles and calamities
[63] something they need
[64] the first day
[65] of the rest of your life
[66] confirmation
[67] the king, the widow and rick
[68] time for after
[69] how it's gotta be
[70] honor

[14] killer within

1.1K 34 4
By Ann_and_Nikki

desperado --- the eagles

♮♮♮
[JJ]

We had an early start, moving the cars closer in. 

"Okay, let's get the other car in." Rick instructed. "We'll park 'em in the west entry of the yard."

"Good. Our vehicles camped out there look like a giant vacancy sign." Daryl commented. 

"After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn 'em."

"It's gonna be a long day." T-Dog huffed. 

"Where's Glenn and Maggie? We could use some help." Carol asked. 

I motioned, "up in the guard tower."

"Guard tower?" Rick repeated, "They were just up there last night." Yeah, I wonder why...

"Glenn! Maggie!" Daryl shouted.

A half-dressed Glenn opened the door, "Hey, what's up, guys?"

"You comin'?" Daryl asked, the rest of us were trying to hold back laughs. 

"What?"

"You comin'? Come on, we could use a hand."

"Yeah, we'll be right down." He went back into the guard tower. 

We went to go about our business, when T-Dog's attention was turned towards the other yard, "hey, Rick."

It was Axel and Oscar. "Come with me." Rick marched over to them. "That's close enough. We had an agreement."

"Please, mister, we know that." Axel began as Glenn and Maggie walked out the guard tower, "We made a deal. But you gotta understand...we can't live in that place another minute. You follow me? All the bodies- people we knew. Blood, brains everywhere. They're ghosts."

"Why don't you move the bodies out?" Daryl asked him. 

"You should be burning them." T-Dog commented. 

"We tried. We did."

Oscar joined, "the fence is down on the far side of the prison. Every time we drag a body out, those things just line up. Dropping the body and just running back inside."

"Look, we had nothing to do with Tomas and Andrew. Nothing. You trying to prove a point? You proved it, bro. We'll do whatever it takes to be part of your group. Just please, please...don't make us live in that place."

"Our deal is not negotiable. You either live in your cell block, or you leave." Rick told them, plain and simple. Some part of me felt bad. It seemed like they were genuine, but Rick wasn't about to take those chances. 

"I told you this was a waste of time. They ain't no different than the pricks who shot up our boys." Oscar made eye contact with Rick. "You know how many friends' corpses we had to drag out this week? Just threw 'em out, like...these were good guys. Good guys who had our backs against the really bad dudes in the joint, like Tomas and Andrew. Now, we've all made mistakes to get in here, chief. And I'm not gonna pretend to be a saint but believe me...we've paid our due. Enough that we would rather hit that road than go back into that shithole."

Daryl locked them up while we all debated. I mean, shit, I've probably done as bad, or worse, things than they have.

"You want them living in a cell next to you?" Rick asked T-Dog. "They'll just be waiting for a chance to grab our weapons. You want to go back to sleepin' with one eye open?"

"I never stopped. Bring them into the fold. If we send them packing, we might as well execute them ourselves."

"I don't know. Axel seems a little unstable." Glenn spoke up. 

"After all we've been through? We've fought so hard for all this, what if they decide to take it?" Carol mentioned. 

Maggie agreed, "it's just been us for so long. They're strangers. It feels weird all of a sudden to have these other people around."

"You brought us in." T-Dog reminded. 

"Yeah, but you turned up with a shot boy in your arms. Didn't give us a choice."

"They can't even kill walkers." Glenn brought up. 

"They're convicts, bottom line."

T-Dog scoffed, "Those two might actually have less blood on their hands than we do."

"I get guys like this. Hell, I grew up with them. They're degenerates, but they ain't psychos." Daryl justified, "I could be in here with them just as easy as I'm out here with you guys."

"So you're with me?" T-Dog asked. 

"Hell, no. Let 'em take their chances out on the road just like we did."

I put my hands in my back pockets, "look, I'm not saying this in favor of them, but I've probably done just as bad, or worse things than them. The only difference is I didn't get caught." Maggie and Rick gave me the same look. 

Glenn scoffed, smiling, "yeah, because I'm sure you're such a criminal."

"Before any of this, I beat Randall's brother to death with a beer bottle behind a bar and buried him thirty minutes down the road." I deadpanned, causing the group to go quiet. I figured if my brother already knows, and hasn't sent me packing for what I did, I don't have much to worry about.

"When I was a rookie, I arrested this kid. Nineteen years old, wanted for stabbing his girlfriend. The kid blubbered like a baby during the interrogation, during the trial-suckered the jury." Rick brought up, "He was acquitted due to insufficient evidence and then, two weeks later, shot another girl. We've been through too much. Our deal with them stands."

"So, you really killed a dude?" T-Dog curiously asked. 

I shrugged, "It was justified."

♮♮♮

The group continued to move the cars, but seeing Hershel up and walking on crutches was the distraction they all needed. 

"Beginning to think Mr. G is gonna outlive all of us." JJ told Maggie, who was standing next to her. 

The happy moment soon faded as walkers began spilling into the courtyard. "Walkers! Look out!" Carl alerted. 

Rick, Daryl and Glenn sprinted to get back after being outside the walls. JJ, Maggie, T-Dog and Carol started helping defend Hershel, Beth, Carl and Lori. 

"That gate is open." T-Dog realized.

JJ and Maggie ran over to one of the gate doors, "Lori, over here." She and Carl followed JJ and Maggie inside, where walkers were already invading the halls.

While they were running from the walkers, the prison alarm started blaring. The four were cautious around every corner, scanning for more walkers. Lori fell behind, bracing against the wall, and seething, "something's not right."

"Are you bit?" Her son asked. 

"No, no, no. I think the baby's coming." 

"Impeccable timing." JJ mumbled. 

Carl began to panic, "mom?" But everyone began to panic when a small number of walkers started limping towards them. 

"We gotta go." Maggie and JJ took Lori on each side as Carl went ahead of them, finding a vacant area. 

"In here."

Lori grunted, "what are those alarms?"

"Don't worry about it." Maggie comforted as JJ unrealizing, began to pace. 

"What if it attracts 'em?" Carl questioned. 

Maggie put a hand on Lori's back, "Lori, let's lay you down."

"No, the baby's coming now."

"We have to get back to our cell block and have Hershel help."

"No, we can't risk getting caught out there. You're gonna need to give birth to this baby here." Maggie informed. 

Lori began to breathe heavily, scaring Carl. "What's she doing? Can't she breathe?"

"She's fine. Come here- let's get your pants off." Maggie helped Lori to the ground, "JJ, some help?"

"She's useless in these situations." Lori groaned. 

"What about you?" Maggie looked to Carl, "you up for helping deliver your brother or sister?" Carl hesitantly nodded. "I'll do an exam. Let me see if you're dilated."

"Do you know how?" Lori asked. 

"Dad taught me, but trust me, it's my first time."

JJ ran a hand through her hair, "yeah, well, I think it's everyone's first time delivering a freaking baby in the zombie apocalypse." 

Carl looked to Maggie, "Mom told you she was useless."

Lori sat up, "I gotta push. I gotta push." She stood up with Maggie's help. 

"Lori, stop, don't push. Something's wrong." Maggie stopped, with a blood-covered hand. She helped her to the floor again. 

As JJ nervously pressed her hand on her mouth, Carl sat by his mother, "Mom, look at me, look at me. Keep your eyes open."

"We have to get you back to dad." Maggie told her. 

"I'm not gonna make it."

"Lori, with all this blood, I don't even think you're fully dilated yet. No amount of pushing is gonna help."

"I know what it means, and I'm not losing my baby. JJ," Lori looked up to her sister-in-law, who stopped pacing at the mention of her name, "you've gotta cut me open."

"Wha- no, I can't. I-I- no."

"Carol said you watched her practice just in case."

"I didn't think I'd actually have to. Lori, I can't-"

"You don't have a choice."

"I'll go for help." Carl decided but was stopped by his mother. 

"JJ, do you know how to do this?" Maggie asked. 

JJ shook her head, "No, I mean, I watched Carol, but I-"

"I know the steps." Maggie added. 

"But there's no anesthetic, no equipment-"

"Carl has a knife." Lori told JJ. 

Maggie huffed, "you won't survive."

"My baby has to survive. Please. My baby...for all of us. Please, JJ! Please."

"I can't."

"You can. You and Maggie. You have to. Carl? Baby, I don't want you to be scared, okay? This is what I want. This is right. Now you- you take care of your daddy for me, all right? And your little brother or sister. And your Aunt JJ, she's trouble, you know," Lori joked through the pain, "you take care-"

"You don't have to do this." Carl frowned, tears spilling from his eyes. 

"You're gonna be fine. You are gonna beat this world, I know you will. You are smart, and you are strong, and you are so brave. And I love you."

"I love you too." He sniffled. 

"You gotta do what's right, baby. You promise me, you'll always do what's right. It's so easy to do the wrong thing in this world. So, don't- so if it feels wrong, don't do it, all right? If it feels easy, don't do it. Don't let the world spoil you. You're so good." She wiped her son's tears, "my sweet boy. You're the best thing I ever did. And I love you. I love you, my sweet, sweet boy. I love you." The two sobbed. "Okay, okay, now. JJ, look after Carl and your niece or nephew. You're not as bad of an influence as you act." She smiled weakly at her sister-in-law. "You take care of them like Rick took care of you. I love you even though it didn't seem like it at times."

"I'm so sorry. I'll be better. I'll change." JJ clenched her jaw. 

"Don't ever change."

She bit her lip, "I'm sorry."

"Maggie, when this is over, you're gonna have to- you have to do it. It can't be Rick. All right.. all right." Lori choked, holding her son, "goodnight, love."

"I'm so sorry, Lori." JJ breathed before cutting into Lori. 

"JJ, what are you doing to her?!" Carl cried. 

JJ couldn't hold back tears as Lori screamed in agony, so Maggie took over. Together, the two performed a C-section. "I see it. I see the ears." JJ exhaled. "I'm gonna pull it out."

"Is that the arm or the leg?" Maggie questioned. 

JJ shook her head, "I don't know. I'm gonna pull the baby out." When the baby was in JJ's arms, she began to panic again, "Maggie, why isn't it crying? Why isn't the baby crying?"

"Give it a minute."

When the cries filled the room, Carl took his flannel off, handing it to JJ to wrap around his baby sister. 

"We have to go." Maggie helped JJ up. 

Carl motioned towards his mom. "We can't just leave her here. She'll turn." Maggie took out her gun. "No." He protested. 

"Carl."

"She's my mom."

"Carl, you shouldn't ha-"

"It's all right, JJ. She's my mom."

Maggie and JJ both winced as they heard the single gunshot from around the corner. 

♮♮♮
[JJ]

As soon as the sunlight hit the baby when we walked outside and she let out a single whimper, all heads were turned toward us. Maggie and I were covered in Lori's blood, it was everywhere, in my hair, my face, my hands my shirt. I had never seen so much blood. And tears stained all three of our cheeks. 

Rick dropped his knife, "Where-where is she? Where is she?" He broke down, next to carl, falling to the ground, "oh, no, no. No."

Glenn took Maggie in his arms as she sobbed. And I stood paralyzed in front of everyone, holding my niece. 

"Maggie, Maggie." I breathed heavily, "please take her."

"JJ?" She took a step towards me. 

"Maggie, take her." My breathing became heavier. "Just take her."

Once she was out of my arms, I went into our cell block, grabbing whatever non-drinking water we had and an old rag. I stood in my cell, scrubbing the rag against my blood-soaked shirt, trembling with every movement. 

"What are you doing?" Daryl stood at the opening to my cell, startling me.

I huffed, "what's it look like?"

"It's not gonna come out."

"It is." I scrubbed harder. 

"No, it's not." Daryl took the rag from me and poured some water on the half-clean side of it, "You can get a new shirt," he began gently cleaning the part of my face that was stained with blood and tears. "but you're stuck with your face." 

"I don't think- I can't do this."

"Lucky it's not just you, then." He placed the rag in my hand, "Here, I'll be back."

"Wait, where are you going?"

"She's gotta have something to eat. I'm gonna make a run."

"Then, I'm coming too, and don't try to tell me no."

"Wasn't going to."

♮♮♮
[POV]

"Glenn, Maggie, vamanos." Daryl told them, followed out of the cellblock by JJ.

Without a word, Rick picked up his ax and went into the cellblock JJ, Maggie, Carl and his daughter had come from. "Rick." His sister tried to stop him.

"Come on, we're gonna lose the light." Daryl lightly pushed past JJ, rushing the three.

"There's a Piggly Wiggly on 85." Glenn informed.

Maggie disagreed, "no, the baby section's been cleared. Lori asked me to keep an eye out. I haven't had much luck."

"Is there any place that hasn't been completely looted?" Daryl asked.

"We saw a sign for a shopping center just north of here."

Maggie shook her head, "Yeah, but there's too much debris on the road. A car'll never get through there."

Daryl put his vest on, "I can take one of ya."

"I'll go." JJ volunteered before Maggie could.

"JJ, after everything you and Maggie've been through, I think-"

"No," JJ disagreed, "I want to go. For Lori, I have to." She put on the backpack Glenn handed her and got on the back of the bike.

"You gonna hold on, or just fall off?"

"Figured I'd take my chances." JJ sarcastically joked before they started to move, and she quickly wrapped her arms around Daryl.

"What happened to takin' your chances?"

"Shut up."

♮♮♮
[JJ]

"Company's close." Daryl warned when we stopped. "Stay tight."

I broke the window with the back of my gun while Daryl stood on guard and crawled through first. It was uncomfortable. There were kid's handprints that lined the walls and toys spread across the floor. It reminded me of Carl's playroom at the first house.

We discreetly walked down the hall into the back room when Daryl motioned for me to open the cabinet. I jumped back when I opened the door and the opossum that was hidden in there hissed.

"Hello, dinner." Daryl took it out with an arrow.

"Next time you can open the sketchy cabinet." I mumbled, turning to the other side of the room and rummaging through the cabinets, stuffing the baby formula in my bag. "I am not carrying that thing back to the prison either."

"Thought I'd put it in your bag."

"Funny." I deadpanned.

It was already dark by the time we got back. Axel and Oscar opened the gate for us, and we hurried inside. Rick was nowhere in sight. I was worried about my brother. He hadn't even held his newborn daughter, let alone look at her.

"How's she doin'?" Daryl asked Carl, taking the baby from his arms and giving her the bottle of formula. Everyone took a breath when she stopped crying and took the bottle. "She got a name yet?"

"Not yet." Carl shook his head. "But I was thinking maybe Sofia. Then, there's Carol too. And...Andrea. Amy. Jacqui. Patricia. Or Lori....I don't know." Him listing the names made me realize the amount of people we'd lost.

"Yeah...you like that? Huh? Little ass-kicker. Right? That's a good name, right?" Daryl continued to feed her, making everyone share a laugh. "Little ass-kicker. You like that, huh? You like that, sweetheart?"

I couldn't help but smile at the way he looked at her. It was comforting. Something you wouldn't expect from him, or at least you think you wouldn't. He clearly had another side to him, one that was caring and sweet. He wasn't just the grumpy asshole redneck 24/7. He was only that 23/7.

a/n: ok is it too soon for the jj x daryl ship to sail? i guess it's called a slow burn for a reason? also that last scene...so freaking cute.

anyway, until next time,
a + n <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 593 9
ᴄᴀʀʟ ɢʀɪᴍᴇꜱ x ꜰᴇᴍ!ᴏᴄ ♢ 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫. ♢ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡...
171K 1.8K 19
Basically the title...
2.8K 51 39
"ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇꜱᴘɪᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ʀᴀɢɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴏᴜᴛꜱɪᴅᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ꜰᴀʀ ᴛᴏᴏ Qᴜɪᴇᴛ." ⚠️ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ⚠️ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ: ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ, ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ...
315K 9.3K 104
[seasons 4 - 11 ] STRANGERS TO FAMILY, 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙥 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙬𝙖�...