Elizabeth Swann's Sister - De...

By Courtney98xo

This story follows on the adventures of Anne Swann and her friends and family. From my first book Elizabeth S... More

Actors and Actresses
Part 1. So Much For My Happy Ending
Part 2. Mademoiselle Hallthorpe.
Part 3. A Best Friend Whom Understands
Part 4. Arrested On What Charges?
Part 5. The Black Cells
Part 6. Father And Will To The Rescue.
Part 7. Cutler Beckett's Office
Part 8. Confronting Beckett And Setting Sail.
Part 9. James Is That You?.
Part 11. Sharing A Cabin
Part 12. Can That Traitor Persuade Me?.
Part 13. Curiosity.
Part 14. The Heart Of Davy Jones.
Part 15. Sword Fighting And Creatures Of The Deep.
Part 16. Doctor James Norrington.
Part 17. Food And Pillow Fight.
Part 18. A Twist In Love.
Part 19. Friends To Lovers, Then Strangers Again.

Part 10. Who In The World Is Davy Jones?.

239 9 8
By Courtney98xo

There was a short silence between the pair, as James still lay there caked in mud and pig filth, as the pigs grunted and snorted around him looking for food. "Elizabeth, is Anne with you?". James slowly breathed out, as he wiped his face with his dirty hands, trying to get rid of all the muck he had upon his face. "Ermm". Elizabeth then quickly looked over into my direction, unsure of what to say. I stood there shaking my head and criss crossing my arms to indicate to her, that I didn't want him knowing I was with her. "Whatever makes you ask such a thing?". Elizabeth asked him, as she handed him a crisp white handkerchief from out of her trouser pocket, for him to wipe his face more. He gladly accepted it and continued to wipe his face. "I thought I heard her voice". He stopped wiping his face and looked of into the distance a little, as he fiddled with the corner or the handkerchief.

"Her voice?". Elizabeth questioned. "Yes, when the fighting was happening, I thought I heard her scream my name...". James paused slightly. "For a moment there I thought I was dreaming it". He said, as he looked down towards the filth upon the floor. "I think maybe all the rum has gone to your head my friend". Elizabeth said, as they both chuckled. "I suppose so". James breathed out, before handing Elizabeth back the dirty handkerchief. "You can keep it". She chuckled. James then pocketed the handkerchief before continuing. "How is she your sister, is she well?". James asked her. "I shall tell you all about my dear sister, when I get you out of here and we go and find Jack and we can get on board his ship". Elizabeth told him, as she took hold of his arm and began to pull him up from the mud. The sound of squleching came from him being pulled up, the pigs squealing and running out of the way from being disturbed.

James got to his feet and straightened himself up, as he began to follow Elizabeth to go and find Jack. Myself and Thomas then came from out behind our hiding place. "Come on". I told Thomas, as I motioned with my hand for him to follow me. I then stopped slightly and I adjusted my tricorn hat upon my head, so that it would cover my face a little, as if it wasn't for the dark night sky and the dull light lanterns, that were lit around the tavern, I feared James might see me and recognise me. Thomas followed behind me, as I tried my best to catch up with the duo infront of us.

"Right, let's make this clear, I'm Anthony Taylor, I'm a young merchant sailor, who has joined Jack's crew and your just here because you decided to go and look for the former Commodore, as a loyal friend and employee and you got lost and ended up stranded here and you've been here for a little while and you only just spotted him tonight, through all that fighting and you wanted to follow him to make sure he was safe". I told Thomas from over my shoulder. "Okay, wait joined Jack's crew?". Thomas whispered to me, as we were still creeping up behind my sister and Fiancé. "Yes well, they are probably too drunk to know whom they have picked to join their crew anyway". I replied. "Good plan". Thomas said.

We walked down past the tavern to the docks, as we walked along upon it, it was surrounded by many ships, including one that was recognisable from miles away, the Black Pearl. Even though the night sky was foggy and there were no stars or moonlight, through the orange flames of the lit torches placed around the dock, you could still make out the outline shape of it. Men were all walking around us, going about their daily jobs, filling the ships with the necessities of what they need, but how they could see with what little light they had was beyond me. We were only a few inches behind Elizabeth and James now and they were only inches behind Jack and Mr Gibbs.

"Captain Sparrow!". Elizabeth called out, as they were still walking towards the ship. Jack and Mr Gibbs turned around sharply, but kept walking at the same time. "Come to join me crew lad welcome a board". Jack told her, before turning back around. "I'm here to find the man I love!". Elizabeth replied, as she continued to follow them. Hearing these words, made Jack and Mr Gibbs stop in their tracks and looked at each other, a little shocked and disgusted. "I'm deeply flattered son, but my first and only love is the sea". Jack replied, still in shock over what Elizabeth had said, still not realising that it twas her and not a young boy. Thomas burst out laughing and I had to shush him, causing James to turn around fast, as he must have been shocked to find people following them. "And you two are?". He asked us, swaying from side to side slightly, the finger he was pointing at us, not even pointing straight. oh how I see he still holds his authority, even though it may look like he has lost his dignity and not to mention that he is drunk, I thought to myself.

"Oh erm, ahem, I'm Anthony Taylor, I'm here to join Jack's crew and this is...". I said clearing my throat and speaking in my best manlist voice that I could do, until I was cut of by James. "Thomas, Thomas Turner, good god lad, how are you?". James asked, as he lunged forward sort of, off balance and hugged Thomas, as he slapped him on the back in a friendly manner. Thomas then turned his head and look at me, with the most disgust and grotesque look upon his face. Elizabeth was right, he must smell really bad and for all I am a tomboy, I am in no hurry to smell like someone who hasn't washed in forever. "I'm very well sir, infact that is why I am here, I left home not long after I had heard the news that you were lost at sea and I braved it out on my own to come and find you and now here you are". Thomas said, as James finally let go of him.

"Oh Thomas my boy, you didn't have to do that, but a lass it twas very brave of you to do such a thing and for that I am very thankful, that you would risk your life for an old fool like me". James replied. "Oh sir twas nothing really and besides twas Anne I did it for, for she was beside herself when she heard the news also". Thomas told him. "Anne, oh my goodness how is she, is she well, please Thomas you must tell me how she is, for my heart pains for every second of every moment for her, too even just hear her voice for a single moment...". James began to drift off slightly, with the conversation.

James then took in a deep breath and smiled slightly to himself, whilst swaying slightly once again, causing Thomas to hold him steady, before finally letting go of him when he found his balance. "You know for every moment I was lost at sea and drifting upon a piece of drift wood and the wind would blow slightly, I always thought I could hear her soft voice, calling for me through the gentle breeze". He continued, before he looked at Thomas, who seemed to look a little concerned for the man stood in front of him. Whilst all the while, I was trying to maintain my manly posture and not break down in a heap and weep like the woman that I am. Or perhaps run into his arms and give him a passionate kiss and tell him everything is okay.

"Call me mad I know, but the only reason I survived that wretched hurricane was thinking of her the whole time". James finally trailed off. "Believe me Sir, Anne is fine she is at home safe and sound awaiting your safe return". Thomas comforted. As he gave me the side eye and I dipped my head even further to looking upon the ground so the tricorn had covered all my face. "Shall we?". He said, as he gestured his hand forward, for us to get closer to the trio. Thomas took the lead and James walked beside me, or should I say swayed beside me, the poor thing couldn't walk in a straight line. My heart began to race, I couldn't believe my Fiancé that I thought to be dead, is standing right beside me, yes of course he could do with a nice hot bath, but in that moment I didn't care. There was a short silence between us, as we slowly strolled and he staggered over towards, Elizabeth, Jack and Mr Gibbs. "Tis nice to meet you Anthony, may I say what made you want to sail with a barbarian such as Sparrow?". James asked me, slurring his words slightly.

"Oh ermm, my father was a merchant sailor and he always had dreams of sailing the seas snd seeing the world, but unfortunately he died before he got the chance to do so, so now I am fulfilling his dreams by doing just that". I replied in yet again my gruffest manly voice, which I know I would have a sore throat afterwards. I also tried to tilt my head down, as much as possible so that he would not see my face. "I see...". James said. "But with someone like him?". He continued. "Well sir, he was the only one to take sailors no matter their age". I replied. Our conversation was short and sweet, as we were interrupted by Elizabeth. Suddenly, James lunged himself forward leaning on top of a barrel of rum and was sick. I covered my mouth and screwed my eyes shut, not wanting to see the scene unfold in front of me. Thomas came over to me, with the same look upon his face, before he bent down to my height and whispered in my ear. "How much has he had precisely?". I just shrugged in repsonse. Thomas then straightened himself up and stood beside me.

"Meaning William Turner, Captain Sparrow". Elizabeth said. Jack then turned sharply and looked shocked, as did Gibbs. "Elizabeth". Jack breathed out, before turning back to Gibbs. "Hide the rum". He told him. Gibbs, who was already holding a bottle, was now frantically looking around for a place to hide it. "You know these clothes do not flatter you, it should be a dress or nothing". Jack told her. "Sexist pig!". I said through gritted teeth, as I crossed my arms in anger. "I happen to have no dress in my cabin". Jack continued. "Jack". Elizabeth interjected, before taking a short pause, looking to the ground and then back up to Jack. "I know Will came to find you where is he?". She asked him. Jack sighed softly, before beginning to speak. "Darling I am truly unhappy to have to tell you this but, through an unfortunate and entirely unforseenable series of circumstances, that have nothing whatsoever to do with me, poor Will has been press-ganged into Davy Jones's crew". Jack said, as he walked up to her, so that they were standing face to face almost. 

"Davy Jones?". Elizabeth questioned. Myself and Thomas looked at each and shrugged. All the while being interrupted by our thoughts from James, yet again leaning over the barrel and began to be sick. Jack spun to face him, shocked slightly by the noise. "Oh, please the captain of the Flying Dutchman?". James rhetorically asked, inbetween panting heavily, due to just been sick. "You look bloody awful, what are you doing here?". Was all Jack had to say, in a disgust tone of voice. "You hired me, I can't help it, if you standard's are lax". James replied. "You smell funny!". Jack replied. Thomas once again burst out laughing, he has such a childish humour this one. "Jack!". Elizabeth warned. "Huh?". He replied, as he turned his attention back to Elizabeth.

"All I want is to find Will". Elizabeth told him. "Well...". Jack began, but trailed off slightly. Before thinking for a second, then sharply looking at Elizabeth. "Are you certain?". He asked. "Is that what you really want most?". He asked again. "Of course". Elizabeth said bluntly. "Because I would think you'd want to find a way to save Will most". Jack said, as he began to gesture for Elizabeth to walk with him further up the dock. "And you'd have a way of doing that?". She asked him. "Well...". Jack continued. "There is a chest". He replied. "Oh, dear". James interjected. "A chest of unknown size and origin". Jack said. "Where there's a chest and Jack there's trouble, this can't be good, same old Jack always out for himself". I whispered to Thomas.

Suddenly, Pintel and Raggeti, came out of know where and interjected into the conversation. "What contains the still-beating heart of Davy Jones". Pintel said, whilst Raggeti did a beating heart motion with his hand, whilst they walked onto the ship with a crate of rum. "Where did them two come from, what was Jack thinking of letting them be part of his crew?". Thomas asked out lound. "How can a heart still be beating if it tis not inside one's body?". I asked, recieveing only a shrug from Thomas. "Witchcraft I suppose". He then said. "Quite possible". I replied. "And whoever possesses that chest, possesses the leverage to command Jones to do whatever it is he or she wants, including, saving brave William from his grim fate". Jack continued.

"You don't actually believe him, do you?". James asked Elizabeth, as he must have somehow managed to master enough strength to stand on his own feet finally and not lean upon the barrel. A short silence ascended between them. "How do we find it?". Elizabeth asked Jack, ignoring what James had asked her prior. Jack then reached down upon his belt and pulled up his compass. "With this, my compass is unique". Jack told her, as he quickly opened the lid on it and then quickly closed it again. "Unique here having the meaning of broken". James said to him. He then walked off and sighed to himself fed up with the nonsense unfolding in front of him. Until he suddenly was sick behind another barrel again, in the heat of the moment I had forgotten my role and I rushed over and placed my hand upon his back, rubbing circles upon it to comfort him. Thomas then coughed slightly, to warn me of what I was doing, I then quickly took my hand from upon his back and jumped back and stood next to Thomas again, with my hands clapsed firmly infront of me, trying to not look at James.

"True enough, this compass does not point north". Jack continued. "Where does it point?". Elizabeth asked him. "It points to the thing you want most in the world". Jack told her, whilst still holding the compass up in her face. "Oh, Jack". Elizabeth softly breathed out. "Are you telling the truth?". She asked him, with anticipation in her voice. "Every word, love". Jack swooned slightly. "And what you want most in this world, is to find the chest of Davy Jones is it not?". He asked her, as he held up her hand and softly placed the compass into it. "To save Will". Elizabeth snapped, as she was aware that he was trying to change her words. "By finding the chest of Davy Jones". Jack replied. Jack then opened the compass and quickly ran onto the ship, leaving Elizabeth stood there with the compass in her hand, as the pointer swayed from side to side and she was entranced by it. Myself Thomas and James, all walked up slowly towards her, entranced by where the compass would point also.

The pointer then stopped and it twas facing North East all most. As we were all so entranced by the compass and where it was pointing, none of us realised, that Jack had returned and he popped his head up from underneath Elizabeth's hands and peered over to look at the compass too, his nose almost touching her thumb. "Mr Gibbs!'. Jack shouted out, making all four of us jump slightly. "Cap'n". Gibbs replied. "We have our heading". He told him. "Finally!". Gibbs replied. "Cast off those lines, weigh anchor and crowd that canvas!". Gibbs began barking orders to the crew already on board, as he finally walked up to join them. "Miss Swann". Jack said, as he gestured for Elizabeth to follow Gibbs up onto the ship. Suddenly Pintel and Raggeti came out of nowhere again and ran up to James and shoved a goat into his arms. "Welcome to the crew, former Commodore!". Pintel said, as they both laughed and walked away. "What an absurd thing to do!". I ran up beside James and Pintel and Raggeti just turned around and turned back again still laughing, before making their way back onto the ship.

I then gently took the goat from James's arms and placed it gently upon the floor. It then ran off up onto the ship. "Thank you". James said, as I still tried to hid my face from him, not wanting him to see me, as he slapped me on the back slightly, as a way of thanking me. I however nearly lost my balance at how hard he hit me, but I knew it wasn't a malicious gesture. Twas just a thing men do to thank one another. "Shall we?". Thomas broke through us and began to make his way up onto the ship and we followed close behind him. Awaiting the adventure that was upon us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

772 6 10
Aubrey Swann is the sister of Elizabeth Swann and daughter of Governor Weatherby Swann. Many men are interested in her hand in marriage and out of al...
40K 937 23
Rosemary Rivers is a Daughter of a commadore of Weaterby Swann. He was brutally murdered on sea. And when mister Swann crossed the sea towards Port R...
10.3K 236 6
Fanfiction about the first Pirates movie: The Curse of the Black Pearl. You are Will's sister, Y/N Turner. You and Will were both found by Governor S...
7.1K 298 21
You are a governor's daughter in the Caribbean who has always longed for a life of adventure, freedom and the sea. But instead, you live in a golde...