Heart Strings

By Moonpvssy

Henry was never the type of guy that was like by many people at school. Like most nerds, he didn't really car... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Discussion
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter thirty - five

Chapter Seven

33 3 6
By Moonpvssy

AN - Hey y'all it's been a while...sorry I was distracted. Anyway, here is chapter 7. I hope you enjoy it! Remember to leave comments, votes, and whatever else! 💙

Henry's POV

I looked at the missed calls and messages from Maddison. I didn't want to hear from her. I was still mad at her. I thought that was obvious when I ignored all the calls.

Sabrina was playing with some rocks she grabbed from outside. Sabrina was a quiet girl, you had to watch her. I decided to do something for her.

I grabbed some hair products I had and decided to do her hair. Maybe get her to open up, I'm her brother after all.

"You never do my hair." Sabrina said softly.

"Yeah, I know. I thought I'd give you something simple." I said parting her brown hair.

"Are you excited about your school opening back up?" I asked

I was relieved, I wouldn't have to worry as much. I could focus on my schoolwork more. I still needed to graduate, my grades were slipping slowly.

"Yeah." Sabrina said quietly.

I finished the two braids in silence. I grabbed the portable mirror and showed Sabrina the results. It didn't look as bad as I thought.

Sabrina looked up at me and smiled. Her hazel eyes twinkled with excitement.

"I love it!" she said getting up and hugging me. Her short arms curled halfway around my waist. I told her to get ready for our playdate.

I haven't spent any time with Sabrina, and I wanted to make up for it. Even if she couldn't remember it 27 years later.

Anyway, after struggling to get Sabrina in the bath and into some clothes. We made it to the car, playing Disney music.

Once we were at the park, I let Sabrina run off. I kept my eye on her as I found a bench. As soon as I got back up, I heard a voice that surprised me.

"Henry?...Henry Jordan?" Maddison's dad asked me.

I looked over at him, quickly looking back at Sabrina.

"Hello, Mr. Carter." I said deciding to sit back down.

The older man sat down beside me. Mr. Carter checked his watch.  He was sweaty and looked like he was on a run

"I was doing my daily jog, and I noticed you." he said with a smile.

I nodded and just kept quiet. I watched as Sabrina climbed inside a sandbox.

"You and Maddison must've finished that math project?" he asked turning towards me.

"Yes sir, I've signed our names and plan to turn it in." I explained

"Henry!" Sabrina's shrill voice filled our ears as she ran up to the bench. I handed her a water bottle I packed in my bag.

"Henry did my hair!" Sabrina exclaimed showing Derek her hair. Her twin braids moved with her.

"It's very gorgeous for a cherub-like yourself." Mr. Carter tapped her nose once she settled on her feet.

"Henry, I wanted to ask you something." Mr. Carter turned his attention back to me.

I gulped, was it about the argument last night? He was gonna go nuts on me. I was gonna be more than dirt poor. He was gonna use his riches to make me disappear.

"I want you to tutor Maddison." he said.

I let a chuckle slip through my lips. I stopped once I saw his straight face. I was shocked, in disbelief. Why would he ask me that?

"I only ask because I would be paying you every Friday." he proposed.

He engaged in a patty cake game with Sabrina, I'm guessing waiting on my answer.

"Why? Why would you come to me instead of a professional one?" I asked hesitantly to take this job.

"Sabrina, right that's her name?" he asked not looking at me. "I could watch her when you couldn't, I don't mind that. I just want to help you in all aspects. Financial as well." he added a smirk growing on his lips.

"Would I have- "

"No, you wouldn't have a debt or anything like that. Just tutor Maddison so I don't have to keep getting calls from the school." Mr. Carter said cutting me off.

"You know where the address is, you would come on your off days of work. Starting next week, that is, if you decide to take this offer." He explained further, I think trying to persuade me to say yes.

I can't say no, I couldn't bring myself to say yes either. I was looking at a good opportunity here, especially if he agreed to watch Sabrina.

"I'll think about it." I said frowning a little thinking about my decision. Chad wouldn't be a problem either. That house in general, wouldn't be a problem for me or Sabrina.

Derek simply nodded and got up. "I'll guess I'll know Monday afternoon." He chuckled.

I watched him walk away and Sabrina began to pout. I decided it was time to call it a day and go get lunch.

-2 Hours Later-

After stopping by McDonald's and getting food for Sabrina. We headed back home, I accepted to see the driveway empty like it had been for a while.

Yet, I was staring at that silk black that belonged to Chad.

I didn't want to go inside, I couldn't but I didn't have a choice either. I picked up the sleeping child and walked to the porch.

The door was unlocked, so I just walked inside and tried to slip up to my room.

"Henry!" Mom yelled after me, I could hear her following me.

"You stop walking right now." She demanded as her voice got loud. I stopped and turned around. Her left eye was purple and swollen.

"You got any money?" She asked her eyes getting glassy.

"Why?" I asked turning back around. Sabrina was getting heavy, I wanted to put her down. Mom followed behind me but once we reached my room she didn't come in.

"Chad, I owe him some money. Just 40 dollars." She said sobbing.

She began to plead and make those worthless promises she made.

"I love you, Henry. Let me pay him off and I'll stop the drugs. I'll stop seeing Chad." She choked out.

I stood in the middle of the floor, my heart pounding in my chest. She never told me that, it's been a while since I heard it. I shouldn't have caved in.

I walked to my bed and got on my knees. I grabbed the hidden shoebox. I had hidden away years' worth of money. I rarely used it unless it was for Sabrina. I grabbed 100 dollars and blew out a breath.

I got up and walked to my mom, I blinked away the tears. She wouldn't get the satisfaction to see those. I handed it over and quickly wiped my eyes. I closed the door quietly after saying goodnight.

I slid down the door and hugged my knees to my chest. I felt horrible like I had given in to a sinister act of kindness. My mother said she loved me and I turned into the same little boy years ago.

Looking for any chance to chase after his mother's approval. I sighed and crawled to the box and closed it. I shoved it under my bed, along with my shame.

The end

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

Thoughts On the Chapter?

Thoughts on :

Derek

Henry's Mom

Chad

Henry

And thoughts On Other Characters?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552K 10.6K 87
[COMPLETED] "That wasn't very nice, was it princess?" He asked in a husky voice and I stuttered, trying to form words but failing. His lips leaned i...
994 146 22
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
5.4K 212 138
***** Emma Pear definitely wasn't the most popular girl in her high school she was far from it most people would call her a nerd she got good grades...
368K 12.9K 25
*CRINGE WARNING* This story was written when I was like 12, so I realize it sucks. "Your going to give me those points." He said. I crossed my arms...