Vox Machina Book One: Nobodie...

By AssassinNovice72

I have watched LOVM and I love-love-love it! And I couldn't help myself so I made two OCs and here we go! A b... More

Chapter 1: The Band of Drunk Losers
Chapter 2: The Actual Fuck
Chapter 3: Let's Kill a Dragon
Chapter 4: Wondrous Goods
Chapter 5: Age of Man
Chapter 6: Just the Beginning
Chapter 7: A Crow Born
Chapter 8: The Evil Behind that Smile
Chapter 9: Your Soul is Forfeit
Chapter 10: Fork in the Road
Chapter 11: A Temporarily Setback
Chapter 12: The Little Light in the Darkness
Chapter 13: Leaving Emon
Chapter 14: That Damn Book
Chapter 15: What have they Done
Chapter 16: The Resistance of Whitestone
Chapter 17: No Plan
Chapter 18: Let's Rebel
Chapter 19: A Distraction gone... Wrong?
Chapter 20: The Name's Scanlan Shortholt and don't you forget it!
Chapter 21: Professor Anders
Chapter 22: Six bullets, One Shot
Chapter 23: Whatever the Price
Chapter 25: We Meet Again
Chapter 26: The Sixth Barrel
Chapter 27: The Ziggurat Battle
Chapter 28: Light Prevails
Chapter 29: The Black Smoke
Chapter 30: Just the Beginning

Chapter 24: Let's Fucking Kill Everything

313 6 3
By AssassinNovice72

Gathered into the open, the rebels and Vox Machina fight off the undead, trying to keep them at bay.

Percy fired his pepperbox, taking one zombie out after the other. Archie closes his ax through one of the undead "Assault from all points!" he shouts, hacking at the undead.

But one got stuck on his ax, he gasp, reeling his ax back and pulling the undead with it, but the head was shot clean in half.

He tosses the half head away and looks over at the exile prince, a grin on his face at his old friend, "You and me, just like the old days." he jokes then stops an undead.

"That desperate, are we?" Percy questions as he fires at the zombies, taking hold of one and taking out the head. "You know, but back then, we could take on the world," he informs, dicing at the undead.

"My men would be honored to fight alongside a de Rolo if you would only tell them," Archie informs, looking back at the exiled prince.

Percy reloads his pepperbox, "Unlikely." he answers, dodging the undead that lunges from behind and snaps its neck. "Although, I did keep a smelly son of a cook from being executed." Percy shot back as he ducked from a lunge of undead and fired at it.

Archie takes out an undead head with the swing of his ax. "Oh, that was you? I remember some gangly twat yapping at me through the bars." he jokes again, but something catches his attention.

Scanlan was screaming from Kyria's back as she was sprinting, with Duke Vedmire right behind them. "Come here, you little shit," he growls.

Scanlan was barely hanging on as his arm was giving out. She leaps over one of the undead, the gnome unable to hold on to his lost grip.

The witch lands on her feet, sprinting forward, but the bard just smacks onto the ground, tumbling forward with a shout.

Causing Kyria to slide to a stop as she looks back, "Scanlan!" she shouts, going to run back, but Jason smashes in an undead head.

He looks over, seeing that Kyria tried to go and help the gnome, but was stopped undead steps in her way, snarling at her. "Shit!" she shouts as she jumps back.

Scanlan looks back, seeing Vedmire marching towards him, "You're one to talk. You've got enough mean on you..." Percy starts as Archie off. "Scanlan, behind you!" he calls out, cutting Percy off as it drew his attention.

The gnome makes a run for it as he trips, and just as he pulls himself up, Vedmire towers over him as the gnome steps back, "Oh, no. No, no, no!" he begs as the Duke reels his sword over his head and brought it down.

But Archie jumps in front, blocking the sword with his ax, but Vedmire grins at him. Jason took his chance and ran up and picks up Scanlan throwing him over his shoulder "GO!" Archie orders.

Jason nods at him and takes off, then the rebel leader shoves the duke back as he twirls his ax and slices under, dodging the blade.

Kyria steps back as she held the arms of the undead at bay, snarling at it then tosses it to the side and smashes the head right under her foot.

She looks back, watching as Archie stood back to his feet and lunges as they sliced at one another. She and Percy stood still. Watching closely it was quiet for one moment until blood spew out from Archie's waist, he falls over dead as he was split in half.

Kyria went blank for a moment until her eyes locked onto the Duke, a deep rage burns inside her, and her shocked expression curled into a rage as the duke looks back at the dead rebel with a grin.

But as he was leaving, he see an incoming enraged Fire Ashari, snarling like an animal, her blackened claw, encased with flames swinging at him.

Vedmire quickly dodges the attack, as her claw barely nicks his nose, she rolls into herself, using her claws to stop herself, marking up the ground. She props herself up as she growls at the Duke.

The Duke took a step back, seeing the burning rage in her red eyes, slowly standing to her full height. She snarled, taking a step forward and forcing the duke to step back.

The undead swarms her, but a sudden blaze lights them up, burning them all to ash.

The duke took another step back almost sensing the burning aura that radiated as she steps through the flames.

She went lunged at him, but someone catches her arm, forcing her to stop, she snaps her glare at the paladin as he held Scanlan under his arm. "We have to go!" he shouts.

Kyria tugs at the grip, but Jason jerks her right at him, making her yelp as he wraps his arm around her waist and hosts her over the shoulder, "Hey!" she shouts, reverting to herself sub-consciously.

"No arguments!" he snaps and takes off running, the shaken duke takes his chance and ran for it. But Percy just stood there in shock as he stares at the severed body of the rebel leader

"Archie's down!" a Rebel calls out as Percy was just paralyzed, eyes locked on the body, "Archie." he mutters as Vex and Keyleth just look at him, "Shit!" she mutters and they ran for him.

"He's gone, Percy. Come." Vex shouts as she grips his arm, pulling him out of the biting range of the undead.

They hurried out of the open and down the streets into the city. But their way forward was blocked as another horde limp towards them, forcing them to stop.

"They just keep coming," Vax shouts, Kyria peeks from Jason's shoulder. "Shit, Jason. Put me down!" she shouts, struggling in his grip.

But he jerks at her, tossing her against his shoulder "Not a damn chance!" he snaps at her, and Kyria just growls at him.

Keyleth flicked her eyes down momentarily, but she looks forward stepping in front of the others, "I got this. Everyone stays back." he orders them.

Vex just looks at her and nods, Keyleth turns back to the horde, drawing forth power from her staff, and shot cold air and shot her hand forward.

Only for the cold air to brush through the undead. "Damn," Vax mutters, Keyleth pants, refusing to give up. "No. No, come on, please. I need more." she begs.

Then began pulling more, the power collects into her hand, and the glow imminates from her hand once enough was gathered she shot her hand out with a shout.

The winds were stronger this time, shoving the undead back as the ice began to form. Kyria looks over Jason's shoulder as she was in awe as the glacier grew.

The Air Ashari bellows, dropping her staff as she shot both of her hands, her power grew with her strength as the glacier grew to form a wall of ice that separated the undead from them.

Once the winds die down, Keyleth drops to the ground. Her hands ached from the ice that stuck to her hand. "Keyleth?" Kyria calls out.

Vax ran up to the Air Ashari, "Kiki!" he steps up, kneeling next to her. "Where did that come from?" he asks, she flutters her eyes and looks up at him, "Not sure," she answers.

Vax just smiles at her, "Have I mentioned you're amazing?" he spoke, Keyleth huffs a smile, and Kyria looks away, a smile on her face as she mouthed 'Oh my, Gods!' fangirling.

"Yes, yes. She's the tits! We still have to go!" Vex snaps, breaking up the moment as they ran. Vax helps Keyleth to her feet and they hurried after the others.

~8~8~8~

Everyone.

Everyone was gathered at the roots of the Sun Tree. The villagers. The rebels and the member of Vox Machina.

Tired. Defeat and hope were dying. Percy looks down at his people as they were ready to roll over and die, he looks over at Scanlan as Jason looks over at his infected arm.

But he just looks up at his sister "Archie... he didn't make it." he informs her. She flicks her eyes down "We heard." turning away momentarily until she meets his eyes.

"Now it's your turn to lead them," she spoke, but he just frowns at her. "It can't be me, Cassandra. I'm not a leader. I ran." he tells her. "But you're here now. Yours wasn't the only life shattered that day." she walks up and places her hand on his shoulder.

"We're all here. The time is now. No one else can do this." he informs her. Percy looks away at his people.

Finding his strength and steps forward, "I am Lord Percival Fredrickstein von Musel Klossowski de Rolo III!" he calls out and everyone looks to him, "On the day the Briarwoods took Whitestone, I watched my family die. Despite my desire for vengeance, I fled." he admits with shame,

Kyria lifts her head, staring at Percy. "And fear kept me from my home. We have all lost. But Archie never feared, never wavered." Percy looks up at the people that were looking at him.

"He willingly gave his life for all of us. For Whitestone." he steps forward as the others look at him in awe. "His sacrifice, your sacrifice, and the sacrifice of my family shall not be in vain." he pulls forth a sword from a zombie's body and held it up with pride.

"Today is for Archie, for the de Rolos, for Whitestone!" he declares and everyone cheers as their hope was renewed, raising their fists in the air.

Cassandra just looks at her brother as tears form in her eyes, Grog just stood as the cheering was hyping him up. "Let's kill fucking everything!!!" he shouts at the top of his lungs.

Vex just smiles at the exiled Prince, but a sound catches her attention, she looks at the thick sheet of ice that separate them from the undead as the ice began to crack with reach pounding thud.

And with one thrust, the ice breaks through as the undead began to pour in, "Leave none standing!" Percy shouts as he aims for his pepperbox.

Kyria steps back as she looks at the charging undead as the rebels look at them with fear. But she looks back at the Sun Tree.

Remembering the connection she shared with it, siphoning her powers into the tree. An idea hits her, but she looks down at the crystal as the damage was great, but the power needed... will have a cost.

She lowers her hand, exhaling as she could not allow hesitation now, she presses her hands to her, inhaling as she closes her eyes and concentrated.

The Rebels hold back the undead as a few piled onto Grog, dragging him down. "Grog!" Vex shouts as she aims her bow and fired at the undead, trying to take a few out.

Then turns to the invading horde, Jason slams his mace into a few heads of the undead, bludgeoning a few heads.

A few surround him, but he raises his mace, a sun-like glow radiated from it and he slams it down, sending out a wave that radiated with light as it evaporated the zombies around him.

"HA! Everlight bitches!" he shouts, pulling his mace to his shoulder, huffing a strain from his brown lock from his face. Scanlan tries to pitch in, the infection in his arm paralyzed, "Oh, the worst time to have a performance issue." he mutters to himself.

Vax slices at the incoming zombies, but he notices at the last moment as a zombie comes at him, swinging the sword, nearly missing him.

Wait, zombies can wield swords now?

When did this happen?

Wait, duh. It's Dungeons and Dragons.

Anything is possible.

He falls back against the tree roots, panting as he looks out at the incoming zombies then looks next to him as Keyleth's eyes were glued on the zombies.

"Hey..." he starts, making her look at him, "You, uh..." he starts, taking the chance. "You know I'm in love with you, right?" he confesses to her.

Keyleth just looks at him in utter surprise. Vax just smiles at her, and both began to lean in, almost closing their eyes, but Keyleth snaps out of it as she blinks.

"Wait, what?! Now? I mean this is like, the worst time!" she shouts, turning away and swinging at one of the undead. The undead began to pile onto a rebel taking her out.

Percy looks over at Cassandra, as she looks over at him. "Pull back!" he shouts and they began to head up the tree. Vax shook off his shock and then looks at the Fire Ashari. "Kyria, we have to move!" he shouts.

Jason looks away from the undead he smashed in and up at the two, Vax climbs up and reaches for her, "Kyria!" he shouts, gripping her shoulder.

Kyria's eyes snap open as they were glowing green, she looks over her shoulder, turning back as she shoves Vax to the side and shot her hand out.

A huge thick vine shot out from the roots, smacking into the undead and with a wide reeling back. Kyria bellows as she swung her arm and the vine swings, sending the undead off the roots.

The people watched in shock as an Ashari was controlling the vine, she held both arms out as she concentrated, but her crystal began cracking.

"Kyria!" Keyleth shouts as she scrambles to her, "Stop, Kyria! Stop!" she begs, gripping her shoulders. But the Fire Ashari held her ground as the vines beat viciously at the undead, throwing them off the tree.

"Kyria!" Jason calls out as he places his mace and shields away, climbing up the tree. The vine continues to beat and swing at the undead, keeping them at bay.

Her crystal cracks further, becoming unstable. Keyleth looks back at the vine as it moves swiftly through the air.

Jason makes it to them, "Kyria!" he shouts, gripping her arm. But her crystal reaches its limit. Kyria gasps as she felt her power wane.

And with a shattering crack, her crystal burst into shards, throwing her back as she was taken by surprise. Jason, Keyleth, and Kyria just watched in horror as the crystal shattered and Kyria fell back onto the roots of the tree.

The vine retreats onto the roots as the undead allow passage to the retreating rebels. "Kyria!" Keyleth calls out, Jason and Vax just look down at her in shock as she was out cold from the sudden blast.

Then they looked back at the incoming horde, "We've got to move!" Jason shouts as he ran up and pulls Kyria over his shoulder. "On your feet, Keyleth. Move!" he orders, pulling the Air Ashari to her feet.

They began to climb the tree, Percy grips hold of Vax's hand as he pulls the gunslinger up the roots, "It was an honor fighting with you." he tells him.

Vax nods at him, "It was a valiant effort, friend." he said back to him, but a roar of thunder drew their attention as a light darted through the clouds above them. Jason felt a warmth radiating from his circlet as it was glowing.

The others look at the darting light as it stops directly over the undead giant. The light takes the form of the Everlight symbol and a column of light strikes down the undead.

The wave of light shot out, knocking the undead over. The giant was split in half as the gunts rained down around the small barrier and rippled away as a warrior of light stood to her feet and looks at them.

It was Pike Trickfoot herself. Smiling at them "Sup?" she said as her usual self. The blast didn't affect the living as they looked at their savior.

"Pike!" Keyleth and Jason shout in a welcomed surprise, they go down to meet her, seeing the undead around on the ground, slowly ripple away.

"Holy shit!" Keyleth said in surprise, Jason smiles at her, "I would say don't take all the kills for yourself, but I'm really glad you're here." he said to her with relief.

Pike places her hand on his leg and nods at him, but Scanlan was fixated on her as he was in awe. "Huh. You look... like an angel," he said to her, almost breathlessly.

But flinches in pain as his arm was badly infected. Pike just looks at him, momentarily then down at his hand. Her amulet just glows for a moment as she places her hand over the infection and the warm glow of the Everlight cleanses the infection.

Making Scanlan's arm good as new. He was in awe once more, looking over his arm and back at Pike with a smile. "Marry me?" he asks.

"Okay, let's do it. Right now," she answers, straightforwardly, making Scanlan blink in surprise. "Wait, what? Uh, seriously?" he asks.

But Pike just laughs as she pops her first his shoulder. "No. But it's good to see you too, Scanlan," she said to him as the others joined them.

"Hey, everyone, uh, I'm... Oh." she starts as Grog picks her up and hugs her, "I missed you so much!" he cries. She looks at her big friend and pats his back.

Grog then pulls her back and looks her over, "Ooh. Pike? You're glowing and kind of buzzing? Are you dead?" he asks in shock, but she just smiles at him. "Astral Projection," she answers.

But Grog just blinks at her, "Your ass what?" he asks again, "I'm here, buddy, but my body is back at the temple." she informs as he sets her down on her feet. "I still felt that bear hug, though, which definitely hurts," she informs.

Then looks over at the paladin, "Jason, why is Kyria swung over your shoulder?" she asks, pointing at the unconscious witch lying limply on his shoulder.

Jason just frowns, "Kyria... may have overused her cracked crystal and may have caused it to crack to the point of no repair." he informs her. "What?!" she shouts in surprise.

But the snarling of the undead catches their attention as the hoard was gathering for another attack. So Pike turns back to them. "Listen, how about we talk about it after we murder these unholy fucks?" she informs them.

Jason nods at her, in agreement. So Pike takes hold of her amulet and turns to the incoming horde the light sparkles around her as she held her arm and summons a holy weapon of pure light.

The horde stops in its tracks as they look at the glowing gnome, she raises her mace and slams it down onto the ground, a light shines through the clouds and fires a column of light and strikes at the undead, purifying them where they stood.

And with a swing of her wrist, her mace went flying through the air, petrifying the undead with the reach twirling the spike head of the mace and taking out the giant in a spark of light.

She summons her mace to her hand and glares at the unholy head that stood before them.

~8~8~8~

Sylas and Delilah watch from the palace seeing the shine of the holy light at the Sun Tree. Not something either of the could have predicted.

"This has gotten out of hand," Sylas spoke and turns to his wife. "I'm going to the front," he informs, but Delilah just turns to him, placing her hand on his arm.

"And risk everything?" she questions, frowning as she pulls her hand to his cheek, caressing it. "You're too valuable," she informs. Sylas just sighs as he takes her hand and kisses her gloved palm.

She pulls away, looking down at her arm. "No. we must accelerate our plans," she informs, turning away as she removes her glove. "But I thought it was too soon?" he questions.

She frowns, glaring out at the Sun Tree, where the surviving people were protected by the glow of the everlight. "They've left us no choice."

~8~8~8~

Watching from the back, Vedmire sees his undead troopers being purified one after the other as nothing was left behind. "Another confounding gnome?" he snaps in annoyance.

The twins stood back to back as grins were clear on their faces. "Hey, look at that. Whole teams's back together," she spoke as Vax looks up at the incoming Giants. "Vex, give me a lift. I want to try something stupid," he spoke and charged.

Vex aims her arrow and fired, nailing a few into the giant. Vax jumps from the wagon and climbs up the giant, using his sister's arrows. The giant swung at him but misses as Vax landed on the back of the hand then drops onto the shoulder and stab repeatedly into the collarbone.

Grog swung his ax at the undead taking it out and then seeing the incoming undead. "Scanlan. Hand!" he shouts as he points at the undead giants.

After punching out the undead from him, Scanlan looks over at Grog and plays his lute.

"The Legend's back, oh, yes, he's back"

Grog giggles with excitement as the hand reach out and grabs hold of him.

"Hop on, I'll give you a ride"

"Get ready to fly!"

The hand reeled back and threw Grog, it was surprised at first, but he barrel rolled with an excited smile his ax reeled over his head, and slams his ax into the head, hacking away.

Jason carefully plays Kyria on the roots and looks at the rebels next to him, "Keep her safe." he asks, one nods at him, pulling Kyria's head into her lap.

Jason turns back, arming himself, and charges into battle.

Vax pulls onto the giant's back, standing over the head, pulling out both of his blades, and stabs the giant right in the eyes.

The eye juice just splatters onto his face, "Oh, gods. Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew." he groans in disgust as he reels back, taking the giant with him.

Grog was halfway through hacking at the giant, trying to cut it in half, "Fuck this! You motherfuckers!" he rambles in rage, getting to the end and the giant drops in half.

Covered in blood, Grog shakes his head and pits out some of the blood. A satisfied smile on his face as his ax was placed over his shoulder.

Vax stood up, covered in eye juice, "Mine fell first." he calls out and ran off as Grog blinked and glares at him, "Nun-uh!" he snaps after the rogue.

The rebels stood their ground as the undead began to surround them again, they tried to fight them off, but too many surround them.

A rebel screams out as they brash themselves. But suddenly nothing happened as they open their eyes as they looked and saw the undead around them scorched with flames.

They blinked, looking up as the Fire Ashari was suddenly back on his feet.

But something was completely different about her, patches of a light red-orange that traveled down the sides of her neck to her shoulders and her arms under her sleeves.

Her fingers were pitch black claws that were sharper an inch longer than before and creeping an arch from her auburn lustful hair were dark red horns that overlap one another, like scales.

Streamed breaths left her lips as her canine teeth were sharper as her markings appeared deeper on her cheeks and forehead, her ears were pointed like an elf's but were smaller and slanted back into a sharp point and a long thin tail flicks behind her as the end was on fire.

She looks over her shoulder at the rebels behind her, black and red eyes looking at them. They stiffen in fear but with a flick of her tail and tosses a sword at their feet.

This confuses them as they looked back at her, she nods at them and looks at the undead charging at her.

A low growl rumbles in her throat as she went low into a predator stance and charges forward, snarling as she reels her claw back and slices through the undead, her claw marks scorching at the rotting flesh

Vedmire just stood there in shock, "This cannot be happening. It's preposterous, unthinkable, incompre..." he stops short and sighs to himself. "Oh. Fuck this," he said and turns to run for it.

"Vedmire!" Percy calls out, Kyria catches wind, seeing him trying to duck out, but she charges after him. She was suddenly right behind him. Reeling her claw back and catches him right in the back.

Vedmire cries out in pain as she jumps for his back, Percy took his chance and aims, taking out his kneecap, Kyria slams into his back, slamming him into the ground.

She jumps off and claws the ground, slowly herself to a stop. Bith watched as Vedmire cries out in pain. "That was for Archie," Percy informs him, stepping forward as he looks down at the writhing duke as Kyria slowly props herself up, growling at the duke.

"Congratulations, Vedmire. Your name isn't on my list.." he spoke, Kyria slowly rose as she stares at the duke, seeing him grip his bleeding leg "Instead, you'll answer to the people of Whitestone." Percy informs as the duke looks and saw people filing out of the houses, armed with whatever does damage.

"And may they show you all the mercy you showed them." the prince spoke as he was stone-cold. "You stay away," Vedmire warns as they began to gather around him.

He looks around, seeing the witch frowning at him as the people walk past her, all eyes were on him. "You get your hands off me. Get off me, you fucking ballbag." he snaps.

Buy they surrounded him and cut him off as they all began to stab informs him. Kyria turns away, looking at the zombies as if there are fewer than before.

Percy aims his pepperbox, but the cheers of the people drew his attention as they were rallying, cutting down the undead.

"For Whitestone!"

Yennen steps out as she was armed herself. "Yennen? It isn't safe here." Percy warns as he walks up to her, "The Dawnfathwer called and we answered. I think I know a sign when I see one." she informs him, looking over at Pike as she fires a ray of purity.

Jason swung his mace, scattering the bones of the undead. Pike grips her amulet, concentrating for a moment, her glowing brightens as she floats into the sky. "Hey, uh, what's she doing?" Scanlan asks.

"Watch," Yennen tells him Pike flutters her glowing eyes open, and a wave bursts from her as all the weapons in the people's hands were glowing with enchantment.

The people were in awe as they looked at Pike, "May your weapons strike with the divine virtue of the Everlight." she said with a prayer. But blinks her eyes and grins down at them. "Now go crush some fucking heads!" she shouts.

Jason chuckles as he looks at the incoming zombies, "Forward charge!" he calls out, raising his mace. The people cheered as they charged forward, stabbing and slicing at the undead, reducing them to nothing.

"Our people can handle it from here. Go, Percival. Take back what is rightfully yours." Yennen informs them, Percy just steps forward. "I don't know how to thank you," he said to her.

"The Dawnfather has found life in you. Use his gift wisely," she tells him as Vex walks up and stood next to him, placing her hand on his shoulder. "Well, fearless leader, lead," she tells him with a smile and he smiles back at her.

Vedmire was strung up as he ripped and defiled body was hung from a branch of the Sun Tree as the bodies from before were carefully pulled down.

~8~8~8~

Once the zombie problem was being taken care of back in the town, Percy led them towards the castle, Kyria passed out from the surge of power and was carried on Jason's shoulder once more. "With the Pale Guard protecting the castle gate, the best way in is..." Percy opens the door, revealing a dark passageway.

"Our hidden tunnel," Cassandra spoke in surprise as the others step into the passageway, Percy smiles at his sister. "It was good enough to hide from nannies and tutors," he spoke.

She shot a grin at him, "And know-it-all older brothers." she threw back at him. He frowns as she steps into the passageway. "Cass, I'm so sorry," he spoke, making her stop in the tunnel, keeping her back to him.

"I wish I could go back and do things differently," he confesses to her. She just looks to her shoulder. "I know," she answers and walks into the passageway.

Percy just frowns to himself, flicking his eyes down, and follows her.

Thanks to the glowing light of Pike's astral form, she leads the way through hallways as there were cells on either side. "Percy... your family home is, um... nice." Keyleth strikes up a conversation.

But Percy just looks at her "This is the dungeon, Keyleth." he informs, making her drop her hands and frown, "The Briarwoods will be found elsewhere." he informs her.

Flinching her face as she flutters her eyes open, her vision blurs for a moment until she saw the dark ground with the faint glow of the light behind.

Groaning as she pulls her blackened hand to her forehead, Jason stops as he looks over his shoulder. "Kyria, are you awake?" he asks. The others stop and looked at him.

"Oooh... my head hurts." she groans, Jason carefully sets her on her feet. "How are you feeling?" he asks her, she blinks for a moment wobbling in place, shaking her head.

The others were watching her closely "Dizzy." she mutters, going to fall, but Jason catches her. "Whoa, hey, hey, hey," he mutters, holding her shoulders. "Take it easy, slow movement," he advises.

She nods and blinks her eyes, the blackness and red in her eyes were still painted in her eyes, but they were soft with a tried gleam. "Kyria, um... I don't know how to tell you this. Well, I mean I do, but the wording is well..." Keyleth starts.

Kyria blinks as she looks at them, "What are you talking about?" she asks, she bites her nail, nervous to find the words. "Well, how do we put this..." Scanlan starts.

"You have a fucking tail." Grog points out as he points at her. "Grog!" everyone shouts. He shot his shoulders up. "What, it's true," he states.

Kyria shook her head, pulling her hand back, "What tail?" she mutters, unknowingly swishing her tail until it fell into her view. Her eyes widening surprise as she spins in a circle.

"Wha... what?" she questions catching her tail in her hands, "When did I get a tail?!" she shouts, but then sees her black hands, losing focus on her tail as she held her shaking hands in view.

"What, no, no, no, no! This can't be!" she shouts in shock, stumbling back into the wall. "Whoa, whoa, hey, hey hey." Jason starts to stand in front of her, but she slowly hyperventilates, pulling her black claws to the sides of her face.

The others went to help, but a voice calls out, "Someone there?" she calls out, and the others turns to the cell they stopped next to. "Did I hear you say you were looking for Briarwoods?" she asks them.

Vax just frowns at the unknown prisoner in the cell, "Are you friend or foe?" he asks. "Foe. Of Delilah and Sylas, at least," she answers, standing to her feet, the light revealed that her right hand was missing.

She hobbles forward and grips the bars with her good hand, "I can take you to them if you free me." she offers, revealing herself, tired, exhausted as her messy hair almost showed the years of her capture.

Vax looks back at the others as his eyes lock with his sister, momentarily. But he walks to the door and began to pick the lock.

As Jason was attempting to calm a panicked witch, the stung strikes at her neck, the goosebumps rippling over her hair.

But it wasn't as painful and sudden as before, just a buzzing in the back of her head. She looks up and her eyes widen in surprise as Percy steps forward, into the light, the black smoke seeping from his body once more.

He brushes past Keyleth catching their attention as he strides towards the cell, the gun aimed tight at the prisoner as it was cocked and she looks at the barrel in surprise.

Kyria's eyes were locked on Percy. "Wha... what is that thing?" she mutters. Jason flicks his eyes down at Kyria as her words catch his attention. She raises her hand, pointing her finger right at the prince.

"That thing clouding around Percy, what is it?" she questions, blinking in surprise as he looks back at Percy, as his attention was on the smoke.

"This is the only freedom I offer you," he informs her, his voice suddenly deeper. The prisoner was still as her eyes just shake at the figure in front of her.

"Percy, wait!" Keyleth calls out as the gunshot went off. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227 7 5
Two kids, Jessie and Chester, bought the video game of the year. They were enjoying themselves wandering through the worlds of Void. What they didn't...
654 31 31
(This is targeted for people 16+) "Same with hurting you. Or marking you.." He slid his arm gently down to his back, closing his hand around a bruise...
82 8 20
A post apocalyptic shifter series that includes fated mates. ___________________________________________________ Seventeen years ago, one irresponsib...
2.7K 42 16
(first time doing this!) This is an AU where, if there was another group following Vox Machina along their adventures and their mishaps along the wa...