Good Morning

By quantum_zero

Jaya one-shots. Jay and Nya waking up together is my current aesthetic. Cozy morning fluff plus other stories. More

First Morning
Second Morning
Third Morning (Endless Pt 1)
Fourth Morning
Fifth Morning (Endless Pt 2)
Sixth Morning
Eighth Morning
Ninth Morning
Tenth Morning
Eleventh Morning
Twelfth Morning (Endless Pt 4)
Thirteenth Morning
Fourteenth Morning
Fifteenth Morning
Twinkling Stars
Sixteenth Morning
Seventeenth Morning (Endless Pt 3)
Good Night (Endless Pt 5)
Just Breathe (Endless Pt 6)
Eighteenth Morning
Nineteenth Morning
Movie Night
Twentieth Morning
Light Me Up and Never Let Go
Just Breathe (Reprise)
Twenty-first Morning
Can't Hide These Feelings
Chase
Twenty-second Morning
Twenty-third Morning
By the Sea
No Secret
Taming the Storm
If It Were Meant To Be
Fever
Come Home
These Thoughts
Twenty-fourth Morning
In These Quiet Moments
Twenty-fifth Morning
Jaya Week
Always
The Stars in Your Eyes
Twenty-sixth Morning
Growing Pains
Tell Me Your Pretty Lies
Light in the Darkness
Wake Up
Twenty-seventh Morning
Twenty-eighth Morning
With You
Private Lesson
Here for You
Dreaming of You
Missing You
Twenty-ninth Morning
Thirtieth Morning
Thirty-first Morning
Thirty-second Morning
Thirty-third Morning
Shattered Hearts
Thirty-fourth Morning
Thirty-fifth Morning

Seventh Morning

685 17 3
By quantum_zero

Sunlight spills through a slit in the blinds and rudely crawls across Nya's face. Her eyes flutter open as she wakes, and finds herself tangled in Jay's sheets. A surge of affection flares in her chest, and she smiles at the memory of how he was pressed against her until he fell asleep, and she wonders if she should wake him up before he misses his chance.

But then his arm twitches, and he stirs, his bare shoulder rippling under her cheek. She looks over him, trying to decide what to do, and she decides to wait. It feels good, just having him next to her.

Her smile falters when she notices something amiss. There's a dark bruise on his opposite shoulder, and it takes her a second to realize where it came from.

She rolls over, taking the pillow from his head, and prods his side gingerly. "Jay?"

His eyes snap open, and he blinks rapidly at her. He looks bleary, confused, and alarmed for a moment, but then he relaxes, stretching his arms up over his head, and his whole face softens into a grin.

"What're you doing here?" he asks softly.

"Pissing off my brother by sleeping in your bed." Nya chuckles, reaching up to stroke the corner of his mouth. "Good morning."

"Mmm," he grumbles, nipping at her knuckles. "Pissing off Kai is my favorite pastime too."

She laughs again, and his arm circles around her waist. "I'll see you later today, yes?"

"Yeah," he says, pulling her closer.

"I really hope so," she tells him, leaning in to kiss his chin. "You know, I haven't gotten to spend any time with you lately. My whole week has been talking to you on the phone."

"Maybe you can talk to me tonight," Jay suggests, and she nods, moving so that she can rest her head on his chest.

He runs his fingers through her hair and presses his lips against the top of her head. "How'd you sleep? You weren't freezing or anything, right?"

"I was fine," she replies, her ear still nestled against his sternum. "I'm sorry I woke you up."

"No problem," he murmurs. He wraps his other arm around her waist, and then, after a moment, he pets the base of her skull with one hand. "I like it when you wake up in my bed."

When he goes to move away, Nya reaches out to touch his cheek, her fingertips lingering on his jaw. "Stay," she says quietly. "Just stay for a minute."

His brows furrow. "Why?"

"Because I miss you," she says simply.

Jay sighs, his eyes closing. "I love you," he murmurs, and Nya smiles.

She's not sure if she says it out loud, but she knows she says it in her heart. "I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 1.1K 37
Come one come all! Come read all about Jay and Nya's adventures together in the JAYA One Shots Book
30.3K 380 17
basically imagines of your favourite ninjago ship no requests for now i am backtracked af Art by: @3ksDee
24.7K 413 49
A decade after getting banished from Ninjago by his own team over a false accusation, a broken Jay Walker gets a second chance at life with its own t...
4.8K 211 8
Just as the title says. Seven oneshots themed around Jaya Week 2023. Follow @jayaweekofficial for more info. I DO NOT OWN NINJAGO! Just the plot(s).