¡!RUNNER!¡ (Haerin x Reader)

By deathkidlvl

Dective Kang gets involved with a team of street racers to help catch the notorious G-dragon. Things start to... More

< RUNNER >
< KIDNAPPED >
< JEALOUS? >
< COMPLICATED >
< MINJI >
< TRUCE >
< CONFUSED >
< DEFINITION >
< FADED >
< ANGER >
< DANGER >
< RIVAL >
< DISTRACTION OP >
< DETECTIVE KANG >
< WHAT? >
< REI >
< RECRUIT >
< ETA >
< PAYBACK >
< EX >
< GIRLFRIEND >
< ENDEAVORS >
< DEFLECT >
< NALOXONE >
< INAPPROPRIATE >
< LIEUTENANT >

< CAR MEET >

778 43 21
By deathkidlvl

Narrator

Detective Kang had taken the cocaine in as evidence. She had asked her best friend, Kim Minji, who worked in the forensic division to process it for her.

- Haerin POV -

"Ms. Kang, you're up and walking so soon!" The Lieutenant said as he caught me trying to leave the station.

"Yes, I just needed to submit some evidence!" I awkwardly answered.

"Evidence?" He asked.

"Yes, I have an informat inside the drifting circle that managed to get a hold of some of Kwon Jiyong-ssi' drugs" I informed him.

"Jiyong-ssi? Informant?" He asked in confusion but with a shocked looked on his face.

"Yes," I replied feeling a bit undermined.

"You know, you can always pass this case to someone else! I'd be happy to take it from your hands," The Lieutenant said.

I furrowed my brows in anger.

"No, it's okay. My informant wouldn't like that... it could cause us the whole operation," I answered him.

He cleared his throat seemingly offended.

"Yeah, okay. Good luck, Dective" He dryly said then walked away.

I shook my head in frustration then walked out the station.

I got into my car to head home, when suddenly my phone rang....

"Yeoboseyo?" I answered.

"There's a car meet today, dress appropriately!" Y/n-ssi said on the other line then hung up.

"Huh? How did she get my number?" I asked myself.

I then looked at my phone and noticed the caller ID had been recorded under the name "Runner".

"She must have put it in herself," I whispered to myself.

I then turned my car on and headed home to get ready.

I didn't know what to wear since the night of the raid Minji had dressed me.

I grabbed whatever I could find then took some pictures and texted y/n-ssi.

Runner

Is this good?

I chuckled at how stupid I probably sounded as I waited for y/n's reply.

Dective Kang

Yeah, sure whatever.
Just be ready. I'm about to pull up.

Y/n-ssi quickly texted back and I started to gather my things.

I walked downstairs to find a car that wasn't the one y/n-ssi called her 'baby'.

Y/n-ssi then got out the car and light up what looked like a cigarette. She walked around the car car to open the passenger door and I could smell that it wasn't a cigarette... but weed instead.

"I'm not getting in the car if you're driving high," I coldly told her.

"Who said I was driving?" Y/n-ssi asked as she dangled the keys in front of my face.

I rolled my eyes and sighed in frustration. I snatched the keys from her and walked over to driver's seat.

"I'm breaking so many laws by doing this," I thought to myself as I turned on the car.

Y/n-ssi already had the directions to the meet going so I just followed the map.

When we got there, I was greeted by a guard in front of the meeting entrance.

"Password?" He asked.

Y/n-ssi leaned over me and put my window down. "She's with me," She simply said and the guy let us in.

"Park right there," Y/n-ssi said and pointed at an empty parking spot.

I could see Jackson-ssi was in the spot next to that with a blonde girl and guy.

I parked where she asked and y/n started to get out the car.

"Don't act like a whimp, okay?" She said as she got out.

I rolled my eyes in annoyed and got out as well.

"Vix!" Jackson-ssi greeted Y/n-ssi.

"Well, well, where have you been my little vixen?" Kwon Jiyong-ssi suddenly said coming from out of nowhere.

I tried not to panick. I had never been this closed to Jiyong-ssi before.

Suddenly, he pulled a gun out on me and asked, "Who are you?"

Y/n-ssi quickly slapped the gun away from my face and said, "She's with me."

"I didn't ask who she was with, I asked who she is," Jiyong-ssi said as he tucked his gun behind his jeans.

"Dammit!" I thought to myself as I realized we hadn't talked about my cover or what I would even say if I got asked anything.

I stay quiet and looked at y/n-ssi.

Y/n-ssi just took a few puffs of her joint then flicked it to the floor and stepped on it. She then placed her arm around me and said, "She's my girlfriend."

"What?!" I thought to myself.

"Since when did our little vixen start dating?" Jiyong asked y/n-ssi.

"I got tired of seeing Jennie unnie in a relationship. So, I decided to get one of my own," Y/n-ssi smuggly answered him.

"Yeah, never in a million years" I thought to myself.

"Oh really? And where have you been hiding her all this time?" Jiyong-ssi asked.

"I was keeping her in hiding till I felt like she was ready to meet the great G-dragon," She answered him with sarcasm.

Kwon Jiyong chuckled and bit the inside of his cheek.

"Okay, She can stay." He then said.

"Is she any good at driving?" He asked.

"Let's just say a lot of our dates at the moment consist of us shifting a stick together," Y/n-ssi whispered to him.

Jiyong-ssi laughed and then nodded his head.

"But she's getting there," Y/n-ssi added.

"Very well, enjoy the show!" Jiyong-ssi then said to us and walked off.

"What the hell!?" I said to y/n-ssi once Jiyong-ssi was out of sight.

"I'm sorry. I panicked! Belive me you're the last person I'd ever date. Even if you were the last person on earth!" She answered me.

I furrowed my brows in annoyance.

"Rude!" I thought to myself.

"Now, that's G-dragon. Don't ever call him by his government. Jackson is J, this is Yunjin, and that's Soobin. Drop the 'ssi' from my name and act like you belong!" She quickly said.

I nodded. Y/n then grabbed my hand and dragged me with her.

"Who's racing?" She asked Jackson-ssi.

"G and Dawn," Jackson answered her.

I looked down to notice y/n-ssi had interlocked our fingers.

"I would have wore her jacket if I would have known I was supposed to act like her girlfriend," I thought to myself.

"Let's hope this one doesn't end in disaster," Yunjin-ssi said to the the group.

We all waited for the race to start.

G-dragon and E'Dawn, yet another wanted criminal, pulled their cars up and everyone started screaming.

I covered my ears, not being used to the loud noise. I felt my heart start to race from the sudden reviving of engines.

Suddenly, I felt y/n-ssi put her hands up to my ears to cover them. She pulled me back into her  and I felt myself start to calm down.

"Are you okay?" She mouth at me over the loudness of everything.

All I could do was nod at her.

"Maybe Dr. Taehyun was right," I thought o myself as my heart rate returned to normal.

The race started and everyone stated to run after the cars but y/n-ssi and her crew.

"Huh?" I thought to myself as y/n-ssi let go of my ears.

Suddenly, we all heard gunshots starting to go off.

"They're at it again," Y/n-ssi said.

Jackson-ssi and the rest took off towards the gunshots while y/n-ssi stayed behind.

"Go to the car and wait for me," She told me.

I did as she asked and not even 30 seconds after I got into the car, y/n-ssi came running with her crew. Each one of them had duffle bags.

Y/n-ssi abruptly got into the car and said, "Let's go! Hurry up!"

I saw y/n's crew race out the parking structure as I tried to turn on the car.

"Let's go before Dawn's crew catches up!" Y/n-ssi yelled.

I finally got the car on then speeded out the parking lot. We suddenly got cut off by 2 dudes pointing guns at us.

"Turn left!" Y/n-ssi ordered and I made an abrupt turn.

I noticed the two cars started to follow us from the review mirror.

"Hurry up!" Y/n-ssi yelled as she noticed the same thing from the side mirror.

I speeded up a bit but completely braked when I found myself at the start of a spiraled road out the parking structure.

"Haerin, what the hell!?" Y/n-ssi yelled then moved her foot to press the gas pedal.

"Did she just call me by my name?" I questioned as I started to drive down the spiral as best as I could.

I panicked as the two cars chasing us got closer. They were drifting down at a high speed.

"JEEZ, YOU SUCK AT DRIVING!!" Y/n-ssi yelled as she pulled the ebrake then tugged on the steering wheel.

We started going down at a much faster rate.

"Woah, she's really good at this" I thought to myself as I let her drive from the passenger's seat.

Once we got all the way down, two cars raced by us.

"Follow them, that's J!" Y/n-ssi ordered and I speed up.

We all eventually reached a tunnel and I couldn't see the two guys chasing us anyone.

I sighed of relief as y/n-ssi groaned.

I felt completely free driving at such high speeds.

"When did they change cars?" I asked y/n-ssi.

"They got there before we did, so they had time to do so" She coldly answered as if the speed we were going at didn't bother her.

Meanwhile, I could feel all my adrenaline rushing through my veins. It was an amazing feeling.

The two cars I was following then started to weave in front of each other and I felt a smile start to creep up on my face as I speeded up to catch them.

Suddenly, I saw Yunjin-ssi come out the moon roof of one of the cars. She started yelling and you could hear it echo throughout the tunnel.

I could see they all just loved to race. It made me smile.

I turned to see if y/n-ssi was having just as much fun too but my smile faded as I saw her blank face.

I got annoyed at her expression.

"Never in a million years would a date someone as boring as her," I thought to myself.

We all pulled up to y/n-ssi' car shop and I started to come to my senses.

I parked and y/n-ssi got out the car.

"Yah!" I yelled at her as I too got out of the car.

"If you're gonna put my in danger like that, I'm not doing this!" I yelled.

- Y/N POV -

I bitterly chuckled at Detective Kang's remark. I then turned to look at her and said, "We wouldn't have been in so much danger if you knew how to drive."

"Excuse me!" Kang Haerin-ssi yelled back.

I turned to keep walking. I was just going to ignore her but I was annoyed at her placing blame, as if she hadn't agreed to do this.

"You know what," I said as I turned to face her once more.

"If you're going to be a fucking whimp. Maybe you should just go!" I yelled.

"Matter fact, you shouldn't even be a fucking cop if you can't stomach what you just saw!" I yelled in anger.

"Y/n-ah!" Jackson yelled trying to get me to calm down.

I took a deep breath then sighed in frustration. I then walked up to Dective Kang and dropped my duffle bag in front of her.

I took out my wallet and pulled out 10 million won in cash.

"Here, just take your evidence and leave. No one is going to force you to keep doing this," I told her as I handed Haerin-ssi her payment for the day.

- Haerin POV -

Y/n-ssi handed me a small pile of money and I looked at her confused.

"What's that?" I asked her.

"It's your payment for the day. You didn't think I'd make you do this for free," She scoffed at me.

I looked around at everyone in the shop staring at us and took a deep breath.

I pushed y/n's hand back at her, not accepting the money.

"I don't need that. Let's just both calm down," I told y/n-ssi as I started calm down.

Y/n then turned and just walked away.

"Just give her some time," Jackson-ssi said to me as he placed his duffle bag in front of me.

"Thanks, Jackson-ssi" I responded.

"Just call me J," He answered then walked away.

Soobin-ssi and Yunjin-ssi also walked up and placed their duffle bags in front of then silently walked away.

I sighed and put on some gloves to inspect the bags.

One had guns, the other had weed, and the last had laundered money.

I placed the bags in y/n-ssi' car and sighed as I realized they had just gave me a way to catch two high profile criminals at once.

After a few minutes, I went up into the roof to check on y/n-ssi. She was listening to "catch me if you can" by Girl's Generation. I noticed she has also been drinking once I saw the Soju bottles on the floor.

I approached her and caught a scent of weed again.

I made a face in disgust then tried to recollected myself.

"Are you gonna say something are you just gonna stand there?" Y/n-ssi asked as if she had eyes in the back of her head.

"I'm sorry, I'm just new at this" I told her as I walked up next to her.

"Me too," She answered me.

I was confused by her remark.

"I'm not from here. I moved to South Korea not long ago and opened this shop to make a living. Suddenly, I found myself in this mess because I was at the wrong place at the wrong time," Y/n-ssi explained without me having to ask.

I sighed.... I realized I had misjudged her. She was a foreign to this country... and she was just trying to do her best.

"Me too," I replied.

"I only graduated from the academy two years ago. I only got into the force because of my best friend, Minji. The only reason I got promoted after a year was because all the Dectives kept dying," I shared with her.

"Sweet Night" by V from BTS started to play and I felt my whole body relax by the sweet melody.

"Want a shot?" Y/n-ssi asked as she finished up her joint and flicked it to the floor.

"I'm kind of a lightweight," I answered her with a giggle.

"You're telling me!" She joked as she pulled up a chair for me.

I laughed as I remembered that just a few days ago she had to hold my hair up for me to throw up.

I sat on the chair and y/n-ssi poured me and herself a shot.

"Here you go," She said as she handed me my soju shot.

"To our new found alliance!" Y/n-ssi cheered. I clashed my glass with her and smiled at the sight of her expression.

She looked happy, unlike before.

"I could I knowww ooohh oohh, that would wake up feeling moreee!" Y/n-ssi sang along.

I took my shot and watched her as she just had the time of her life in her own little world.

"You should stick around," Y/n-ssi suddenly said.

"I promise none of us won't try to take your necklace or your money. Truth is.... I only do that because I don't have enough to give to Jiyong-ssi," Y/n-ssi shared drunkenly.

I smiled at her honesty.

"It must have been hard to build this for yourself and then have someone try to take it from you," I thought to myself as I watched y/n.

A random song I had heard at a club started to playing on y/n-ssi' speaker and she got up to start dancing.

I laughed at how cute she was being.

Suddenly, she grabbed my hand and pulled me up to dance with her.

"Come on, Dective! At least pretend like you were cool once in your life!" Y/n-ssi teased.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 14.6K 57
Top street car-racer in the area - Hwang Hyunjin, is one day met with the new pretty boy in town that threatens to turn his world upside down. The st...
143 MPH By -

Fanfiction

27.3K 785 25
[Minsung, Seungjin, Jeonglix, Chanbin] 4 newly grads. 4 street racers. 1 unfortunate dare that strings their lives together whether they like it or n...
51K 2K 28
What if Hanni Pham doesn't know that her bestfriend, Kim Minji doesn't think of her as just a normal friend? 🐢 This book contains violence, killings...
63.3K 1.8K 38
When Y/N is new in Seoul she meets handsome and sweet fellow and seems to be everything she can think of Jongho, being a notorious mafia leader, meet...