Thy Empress (Erwin Smith x FE...

By 3mooie

{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this story's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner... More

disclaimer
prologue
part i
part ii
part iii
part iv
part v
part vi
part vii
part viii
part ix
part x
part xi
part xii
part xiii
part xiv
part xv
part xvi
part xvii
part xviii
part xix
part xx
part xxi
part xxii
part xxiii
part xxiv
part xxv
part xxvi
part xxvii
part xxviii
part xxix
part xxxi
part xxxii
part xxxiii
part xxxiv
part xxxv
part xxxvi
part xxxvii
part xxxviii
part xxxix
part xl
part xli
part xlii
part xliii
part xliv
part xlv
part xlvi
part xlvii (The Legend of Nadia)
part xlviii
part xlix
part l
part li
part lii
part liii
part liv
part lv
part lvi
part lvii
part lviii
part lix
part lx
part lxi
part lxii
part lxiii
part lxiv
part lxv
part lxvi
part lxvii
part lxviii
part lxix
part lxx
part lxxi
part lxxii
epilogue

part xxx

1.5K 74 77
By 3mooie

Word Count - 2,821 words

A creaking sound echoed all over the spacious and empty library inside the empress' palace. The emperor walked in, he closed the door behind him, but not completely, and left a small space open.

Erwin's eyes immediately landed on the portrait of his late wife. Again, the pain he felt when he lost her came back as if it was just yesterday. No. The pain never left him.

The emperor walked towards the center.

He stood across Marie's portrait, and stared at it with longing in his blue eyes. "Marie..."

Erwin clenched his fist.

The reason he came here tonight, was to apologize, and to confess what he thinks is his sin, and to let go of his regrets and guilt.

"Marie...tomorrow..."

The blond man shut his eyes.

Silence reigned for him, and his surroundings.

"...I'll be marrying Lady Y/n."

He looked at his late wife, his eyes became glossy as soon he felt the guilt eating him up. "Marie...I'm breaking my vow to you."

Erwin vowed to Marie, that he will never look at another woman, he will never marry another woman, and that she will be forever his love, even if one of them has to leave first. He vowed to be forever hers.

But he's breaking his vow.

This is the guilt he's been carrying ever since he laid his eyes on Y/n, he knew that he already broke it. "Marie...my love..."

Erwin dropped to his knees. He kept his head down, tears began to escape his eyes.

"...I am sorry...for marrying another woman..."

The blond clenched his fists so tightly that his knuckles had already turned white.

"...and for falling in love with another woman."

He's fallen in love with Y/n, and that's what he's sorry for, because he felt unfaithful towards Marie, he felt disappointed at himself for breaking his vows and he feels hurt for having to feel sorry while he's fallen in love with a young, and kind lady.

"I tried to stop myself...but I couldn't."

The blond man looked up at Marie, he stared at her smiling face. Even when he's just staring at a portrait, he still thinks he's alive, smiling ever so kindly at him.

"Lady Y/n...is someone whom no one cannot love."

Erwin closed his eyes. He placed a hand on his chest, where his heart is. And that heart of his that's already beating for someone else.

For Y/n.

"My heart is beating for her. I care for her."

This is the emperor's confession, though this confession is for someone else, Erwin chose to confess to his wife first. Because he doesn't want to hurt her for going ahead.

He's asking for forgiveness.

For Marie's understanding.

"Marie...I have feelings for Lady Y/n."

He doesn't know when it started, but Erwin knew even before that he found Y/n interesting. He thought she was just someone he can trust, someone who can help him when it comes to formality.

He thought she was just his empress-to-be, not someone he can fall in love with.

But Erwin thought wrong.

Because Y/n is more than anything he thought.

Y/n is someone who has made a great impression on him.

Y/n is the lady who made his heart beat again, which he thought was already dead for Marie.

And lastly, Y/n is someone he desires.

He desires to own Y/n's heart, and he hoped that Y/n would feel the same.

"With this ring, I vow to be by your side, to love you, to care for you, even in sickness, in health, in your sorrows, in your happiness, in your success, in your failures, in your hardships. I vow to become your light, who won't let you succumb to darkness, I will be your music when you wish to listen to a song, I will be your pillow who you can always lean to, I will be your blanket who will warm you. I will be everything as your married wife."

Y/n slid his wedding ring on his fourth finger in his right hand. The h/c-haired lady looked up at him, though she smiled at him, he still saw the sadness in Y/n's eyes.

She isn't happy...and I know why.

Erwin took Y/n's right hand, his other hand is holding Y/n's wedding ring.

"With this ring, I vow to be by your side, to love you, to care for you, even in sickness, in health, in your success, in your failures, in your hardships. I vow to become your light who won't let you succumb to  darkness, I will be your music when you wish to listen to a song, I will be your pillow who you can always lean to, I will be your blanket who will warm you. I will be everything you need as your married husband."

The blond man slid the ring on Y/n's finger, he looked at her, and saw the single tear that escaped Y/n's eyes.

She isn't crying out of happiness.

And I know why.

Erwin forced a smile when he met Y/n's gaze. Because she was just forced into this marriage. She's marrying me for convenience. Perhaps, she wishes to marry someone else.

"We pray to our Goddess, the creator, and Eldia's founder, Ymir, please bless the emperor and his wife, guide them to light, to the happiness of being married to each other. Give them blessings until the end, we pray that you will be blessing them."

The pastor smiled as he stared at Y/n and Erwin. Not only was the pastor happy, but everyone inside the church looked pleased.

Every visitor of the emperor and Lady
Y/n's wedding, are pleased with his holy matrimony.

"Emperor Erwin Smith and Royal Lady Y/n Tybur...I now pronounce you...husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride!"

All the people stood up, they clapped their hands and cheered for the two.

Erwin and Y/n stared at each other.

No one can notice that there's sadness in both of them, for different reasons.

The emperor carefully lifts Y/n's veil, he gently cupped her cheeks, stared at her eyes for a while. "If I may, my lady..."

Y/n gulped, she nodded. "You may, your majesty."

The h/c-haired lady closed her eyes, and that was already Erwin's cue to seal their marriage with their first kiss.

Everyone clapped their hands and cheered once again as they watched the emperor and Y/n share a kiss.

"People of Eldia, all hail to his majesty and her highness!"

"All hail his majesty and her highness!"

A wedding should be out of love.

Y/n and Erwin then faced the people.

They both smiled at the ones watching.

But then, Y/n's eyes landed on someone. Her smile slowly faded, as she watched how Zeke sadly smiled at her, he was clapping his hands like the others.

Though he looks like he is happy, both Zeke and Y/n know that Zeke isn't really happy.

And Erwin, too. He knows.

Erwin is staring at Y/n, watching how she looks at Zeke as if she would miss him.

That's when Erwin realized why Y/n is really not happy.

Maybe...someone else is in your heart.

"Zeke..."

Y/n mumbled, as she watched Zeke walk out. She looked down, with her brows furrowed.

Erwin swallowed the lump on his throat. He placed a hand on Y/n's back, stealing her attention. He smiled at her, again a forced one.

The h/c-haired lady smiled back, but they're the same.

Both of them are pretending to be happy.

A wedding should be out of love.

Not should be out of need.

--

(Three Days Later)

"Is it true? His majesty and her highness didn't spend their supposed three days of afterwedding?"

"Yeah! The emperor was scooped up in his office after the wedding, and her highness had gone to her own residence!"

"My...that is why marrying someone you don't love is not good."

"Be careful what you say, someone might hear you!"

"But it is true! His majesty doesn't love her highness! That may be why the emperor chose his duties first before her!"

"You might be wrong, I heard a strange rumor from the water maids. They say that her highness is in love with someone else! And you wouldn't believe with whom!"

"Who is it?!"

"Duchess Dina's son! Zeke Jaeger!"

Y/n crossed her arms over her chest, she leaned back on a porch, keeping a stoic look on her face despite the gossiping servants.

Mrs. Finger is beside her, staring at her with worry and concern.

"Your highness, should I..."

"It's fine."

The h/c-haired lady continued on her way, not bothering with the servants' gossiping.

It's true anyways.

She didn't spend three days with the emperor, and the emperor doesn't love her.

The only thing that wasn't true in their gossip was that she is in love with Zeke.

Zeke is just a good friend to her.

"The coronation will take place once the sun rises, my lady. We shall get you ready now." Mrs. Finger broke the silence.

Y/n only nodded, her mind is still drowned by her own thoughts. The reason why she didn't spend three days with the emperor for their afterwedding was because Princess Eleanor got sick.

Erwin and her tended to the royal princess.

But it's not like Y/n is sad about it.

She's actually thankful, because she isn't ready for that thing yet.

"Is the princess well now?" Y/n asked.

"Yes, your highness. Princess Eleanor was given an effective medicine by Dr. Jaeger. Her nanny had reported to me that the young princess is back to playing again."

Y/n sighed in relief. "Thank the gods."

The h/c-haired lady and Mrs. Finger, who now is her head lady-in-waiting entered her room, where her other servants are waiting for her to help her in preparing.

Y/n's eyes landed on two young girls standing at the side, holding her set of jewelry. She stared at them for a while.

"You two...are Duke Reiss' daughters, right?"

Frieda and Historia looked at her, the two young girls gulped as they nodded.

"Y-yes...your highness."

Frieda and Historia were given the chance to work in the palace as a servant after being demoted to being commoners.

And they were placed under Y/n's orders.

"You will help me with washing."

Frieda and Historia were both shocked, they've been working under Y/n for only a little days already. To be ordered to serve
Y/n like that, should be for servants like Mrs. Finger or their senior servants.

"Answer her highness." Mrs. Finger strictly said.

"Y-yes, your highness!"

Y/n nodded, she stood at the center and let Mrs. Finger and her servants undress her while Frieda and Historia prepare her bath. After undressing, she went to the bathroom, to have a hot bath.

Historia held Y/n's hand, assisting her in getting inside the tub.

"How old are you both?" Y/n spoke.

"17, your highness." Frieda answered.

"9, your highness." Historia answered.

The h/c-haired lady stared nowhere as she nodded. She closed her eyes, relaxing as to how Frieda softly massages her scalp with shampoo. Historia softly grinds softly on the skin of her arm.

"Are you mad at me? For...punishing your father?" Y/n asked.

The two girls stopped for a moment, their faces looked sad then. "We are not, your highness. After all, our father did a bad thing, too. And...we may sound like bad daughters to him, but he wasn't a good father, either. We're glad that his crimes are already known." Frieda answered.

Y/n looked at the eldest Reiss, she stared at her, admiring her round brown eyes.

She then glanced at Historia. The young girl looks way different to his older sister.

Frieda has black hair, while Historia has blond hair. Frieda has brown eyes, while Historia has blue ones.

Right...Duke Reiss has a second wife.

"Frieda, you'll Mrs. Finger's assistant from now on, as well as you, Historia."

The two were surprised, to the point, they weren't even able to speak.

Y/n flashed them a small, genuine smile.

"Be good to her, hmm? She's kind of strict."

--

(The Coronation)

The people watched in awe, as they watched the pastor standing in front of
Y/n, who's kneeling onto the ground.

The pastor is holding the empress' crown, above the h/c-haired lady's head while he chants the prayers to their patron goddess and renounces the duties and oath of an empress.

"This empire hereby gives you this crown and position, to become the role model of the ladies, mother of the state and the emperor's empress. Her royal highness, royal noble consort, Y/n Tybur-Smith."

Y/n placed her hands on her chest, she closed her eyes as she leaned her head down a bit.

The pastor carefully placed the crown on her head. It's gold, with diamonds and red on it. Her crown comes along with two other sacred items that an empress owns.

"Your majesty..." The pastor looked at Erwin.

Erwin nodded, he walked towards Y/n.

He helped her to stand, holding her hand.

Y/n and Erwin faced each other, the emperor then kneeled on one knee, holding Y/n's free hand, he kissed her wedding ring as a sign of respect and congratulatory.

The h/c-haired lady then faced the people watching her coronation.

The people, the royal knights, and the officials kneeled on one knee just like the emperor.

Y/n stared at nowhere, placing a fist over her heart, saluting everyone.

Everyone then applauded and cheered for their new empress. The new mother of the Eldian empire.

Her majesty, the Empress,

Empress Y/n Tybur-Smith

"LONG LIVE THE EMPRESS!"

"ALL HAIL EMPRESS Y/N"

"ALL HAIL EMPRESS Y/N!"

Erwin looked up at Y/n.

He smiled as he stared at her.

Long live, my empress.

______________________________________

- The End of
Thy Empress Season 1 -

:)

______________________________________

- Thy Empress
Season 2 Teaser -

//

Year 850

"It's been six years, but they're still childless."

"The empress is still weak in power because she hasn't produced a child yet."

"I heard the empress is not able to conceive a child."

--

"Ma...if we were still the royal family, is there a chance I would become the emperor?"

"Zeke...!"

--

"You are not my mother anyway!"

"Eleanor!"

--

"Lionel, you should marry someone you love, not someone you need. Because if you do, you'll only hurt yourself, and whoever this woman you'll marry."

"...does Emperor Smith not love you?"

--

"Your majesty...Empress Marie...is someone I respect even without meeting her. We should keep it this way, to respect her."

"Y/n...I can't do this anymore."

--

"What's holding you back, Erwin? Tell her, how you feel. You're a grown-ass man."

"I can't...not when I feel like I'm still caged."

--

"Zeke...it's raining. What are you doing here?!"

"You like rain, right?! You even told me that you wish to dance while it rains..."

--

"I CARE FOR HER! DAY AND NIGHT! I DO! BUT THAT EMPEROR ONLY HURTS HER!"

"SHE IS THE EMPEROR'S WIFE, ZEKE! SHE IS THE EMPRESS OF THIS EMPIRE! YOU CANNOT CARE FOR A WOMAN LIKE HER!"

"Yeah...she is the empress of this empire, but she was never really the emperor's wife."

"ZEKE! Have you lost your mind?!"

--

"Do you love him?"

"What?"

"Zeke Jaeger...do you have feelings for him?"

--

"Zeke Jaeger...has been reported to be raising a rebellion against the throne."

"That's not true! Zeke would never do that!"

--

"I desire you...I want you."

"Y-your majesty..."

--

"Y/n, if...I became the emperor, would you stay beside me?"

"Zeke, no...y-you can't do that!!"

--

"I love you, Y/n."

"...you can't...how about Empress Marie?"

"Please...it's just you now."

--

"I want to make you happy."

"Your poems make me happy."

"No...I want it to be me."

--

"You're beautiful. Everything about you. I want you to be mine, only mine and forever mine. Forgive me for my bold words but, Empress...I need you so bad."

"Take me. I'm all yours, Erwin."

--

"Stay away from my wife."

"Your majesty, the empress and I are friends."

"I know you don't treat her like one. Stay away from her, Zeke. Or else, I will be forced to do something about this."

"I won't. Instead, I'll take her from you."

--

"When will you say you love me, hm?"

"I love you."

--

Thy Empress Season 2

(Love & War)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 12.4K 13
COMPLETED // (Y/N) Is pretty good at reading people and have a talent for knowing when someone is not ok. Lately (y/n) has noticed that Commander Erw...
109K 1.6K 11
Reminder: I don't own Attack on Titan or this story. This story belongs to ii-phoenix-ii on fanfiction.net. The Survey Corps group returns and watche...
98.9K 3K 43
*β™‘βˆž:q.q  q.q:βˆžβ™‘* "𝘒𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘧𝘒𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦?" "𝘨𝘰𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘒𝘳𝘦." reader based & college A/U. HIGHEST RATI...
7.9K 393 20
Erwin Smith & Y/N grew up down the street from each other in Wall Rose. You enjoyed his company as children, far more than you cared to admit, but he...