Heart Strings

By Moonpvssy

Henry was never the type of guy that was like by many people at school. Like most nerds, he didn't really car... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Discussion
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four

Chapter Six

38 4 5
By Moonpvssy

Maddison's POV

The gym was filled with noisy sneakers moving on the freshly waxed floor. The cheer coach was here today.

Tournament season was approaching. Cheer squads from all around the world would be coming to compete here in California. The last five remaining squads would move on to the championship rounds.

Meaning, cheer practice was after school. Seeing as how you only perform once, you have to go big.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, let's go through it one more time." Coach bridge said after blowing her whistle.

The track started to play, I had been planning this routine all month. Despite Olivia and her mouth. I watched as Eva did her backflip.

She was steady and clean with her cartwheels and rounds off. Her dance was good, I mean I taught her the dance.

Anyway, once it was time for the big surprise. I began to worry, Eva still was messy on the part and Kal was nowhere to be found all day. He was ignoring my texts too, Eva hadn't heard from him either.

I did my final steps and held my position waiting for the end of the track. The coach didn't have an expression on her face. My guts were twisting thinking of all the things she could say.

The track finally came to an end. I felt hot in the face and out of breath. I rubbed my palms on my skirt trying to catch my breath.

"I like it, Maddison, I do." she smiled. I blew out a breath.

"It would've been better if Kal wasn't off cheating on his girl." Olivia joked walking over to us.

A few of her cheap friends laughed with her. Eva rolled her eyes and sat down on the benches.

Olivia went to sit down and grab her water bottle. The coach was going through some papers on her clipboard.

"The routine might need some cleanup, but we will use it." The coach said looking up at me.

I nodded, and I checked my watch. After finishing my conversation with coach bridge. I walked over to Eva.

She was texting away on her phone. She didn't even acknowledge my existence.

"She's so annoying, she's sticking her nose in my business. She doesn't know anything about Kal." Eva said turning towards me.

"I texted his mom, she doesn't know where he is." Eva frowned and her leg began to bounce up and down.

"Olivia is bitter, she's jealous that's all," I said with a nudge.

Eva smirked a bit and chuckled at the thought. I checked my watch and remembered I needed to go home if I wanted to get ready in time.

After falling silent, I said goodbye and I went to pack up.

----

After a long walk in the rain to get home, I was exhausted.

It took an hour, and I missed the pick-up time for each bus stop. So, walking was my only option.

When I did get home, I left my soggy sneakers by the door. Henry texted me a while ago, I'd text him back later.

I got into the bathroom and stripped off the soaking clothes. I turned the faucet on and turned the temperature to hot. I lathered myself in cinnamon and vanilla body wash.

I couldn't help but feel this ache in my chest, I didn't want my first date to be with Alex, I wanted Henry...yet, he didn't feel the same about me. I knew it and it pained me.

I pushed that thought out of my head, thinking of the positive outcomes tonight. I opened my closet, pulling out a few dresses.

I chose the black velvet off-the-shoulder dress, pairing it with black heels. My dad was held up in his office so I decided to just leave him a note.

Alex texted me, he was almost here. My stomach grew knots and I began to feel nauseous. I didn't know what to do with myself.

The doorbell had rung and I rushed to the door. Alex in all of his glory holding marigolds. I bit my lip and gave a small smile. I took the flowers and walked outside.

"The flowers match your eyes." Alex said tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I blushed and thanked him. He walked me to the car, opening my door for me. I got in, placed the flowers on the dashboard, and waited for him.

The radio was playing some r&b music. The windows were down and the breeze made me less nervous. I wasn't so in my head about this.

I felt warmth on my thigh, I looked down and saw his hand resting on me. I froze for a minute, not knowing if I should move it or not. I just ignored it, allowing his voice to distract me.

"Movies and dinner?" He suggested as we pulled into the parking lot of MovieTown.

"Oh, that's perfect." I smiled brightly.

I could see he was trying to have fun. Yet, I felt so weird being here. I wasn't embarrassed, it's just this wasn't something I wanted with him.

Walking into the movies, Alex leads me to the snack bar. He brought popcorn, a few chocolate bars, and two sodas. He hadn't told me what movie we were seeing. I guess that was okay.

"You can choose what you wanna see," he said looking up at the showings for tonight.

I had wanted to see Don't Worry Darling, it's been all the talk since harry styles were cast in it. I suggested it and Alex agreed to it, buying us the tickets.

Once we were seated in the darkened theater, Alex grabbed my hand. I didn't mind it, it's not like I didn't like it. It was nice to have some type of attention that wasn't focused solely on my weight, what I eat, or what to do.

We shared the snakes and watched the trailers.

An hour and a half later, the movie was rolling the credits and I couldn't feel my legs. I was full of popcorn and sweet ropes. Alex got up and helped me up. I stood up, and Alex had a few inches over me. He leaned down, close to my face.

I froze the second his lips touched mine, I pulled back. I looked at him for a moment, his lips looking soft and eyes darkening. He licked his lips and placed his hands on my waist. I pulled him down to me, pressing my lips to his.

He backed up and had a sheepish look on his face. I blushed and stared at the ground.

After leaving the theatre, Alex and I went to dinner. The restaurant was fancy, and waiters and waitresses tended to tables. One of them guided us to our table.

"I've had my eye since freshmen year. You look gorgeous. Back in the movies, when I kissed you. I didn't expect you to kiss me back." Alex said once we were seated.

The waiter gave us menus and left us alone. 

"You surprised me, but it was nice. I've never had anyone kiss me before." I whispered touching my bottom lip.

Alex was my first for a lot of things, the kiss especially. He was being nice, he held the door open for me, and paid for everything. It was a perfect night. I reached for his hand and held it.

--

After the wonderful movie and a perfect dinner. Alex was driving me home, Alex had wanted to go out again. I couldn't say no, I had fun with him.

Once we were outside of my house, Alex looked over at me. He rubbed my cheek with his hand. I leaned into his touch. Before it could continue a knock on the window stopped me.

It was Henry, he was holding a thick packet of papers and a rolled-up poster board. He frowned at me as I got out of the car.

I turned to Alex and waved him off. He looked at Henry and then back at me. He left eventually and I looked at Henry who looked red.

"I've been texting you since 8, and you've been with Alex the whole time?" Henry asked annoyed.

I wanted to lie and say no, but seeing as how that would so obviously be a lie. I went against it.

"I- no, I mean yes but it wasn't anything," I said stuttering.

Henry rolled his eyes and I felt an ache in my heart. Henry wasn't believing me.

"It doesn't matter what it was, you don't take things seriously. I don't know why I expected different from a cheerleading ditz." Henry said sternly and walked around me.

"Herny!" I yelled after him, watching him get in the car.

He didn't even give me a chance to explain myself. I sighed, watching that grey car drive off. The night wasn't so perfect after all.

My eyes stung as tears began to fall.

HELLO READERS

Opinions On This Chapter 6?

Thoughts On Alex?

Thoughts On Henry?

Thoughts On Maddison?

If you have any thoughts please don't be afraid to share them! I wanna know what y'all think!

Byeeee pooks 💿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 933 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...
183K 6.3K 41
Summary It must sound very clichΓ© but this is my story, the story of a nerd ( aka me, Emma) and how my life turned upside down In A mere couple of m...
45.4K 1.8K 34
"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very angry face. I have never seen a girl this...
The Bet By Angela

Teen Fiction

152K 3.8K 33
Who could ever think that because of a football game you could find true love? Well Jason Parker wouldn't. He is the schools hottie, captain of the s...