The wrong star

By anabe23

Humans are back in Pandora and Miles Quaritch is one of them, at least some form of him. If they couldn't win... More

Hostage
Become the enemy
Forest
Bond
Now we can't go back
I see you
We need a plan
Fire
Fight for the future
---1,000 reads announcement---
I knew it
Journey
------ bonus -------
Tulkun hunt
Everything goes to hell
Bullet
Enemies
Last deep breath
Happy new year
Black out
Village
---10k reads---
Strenght
---10k special Miles POV---
Prisoner
I'm different
Happiness is a fragile thing
They're coming
Time goes by
War preparations
New heir
Fear
Almost time
Battle
New life
author's note
what follows
author's note
----Journey, Miles's POV----
I'm not like you
Ametrine
Air
Sister of the ocean
Trip back home
author's note
Mother
Air view
Not blue
Spirits
No signal
Have some faith
The battle of the halleluyah mountains
The hunt
author's note

Kind of a family

911 49 6
By anabe23

Tarsem guides us to an empty spot with a new set up tent not that far from where my mother's is and we take the stuff that we brought here with us.

"I missed this so much, well, home. This is something new for me," I say arranging the space where we'll sleep.

"I remember that... the last time you were still in the forest, all of you. I didn't know that war had pushed you into these camps," Miles says and I sigh.

"Well... yeah but, we can go out in the day and such, it's just safer to be here than out in the woods all the time," I explain and he nods.

"Hey um... can you- are the-... are the humans... here?" Miles asks scratching the back of his neck.

Oh... he wants to see Spider, I forgot.

"Yeah, I'll show you the way," I secure Nakoa in the blanket around me and take Miles's hand as we walk to the science center.

The way there is really short and we soon see the entrance to the lab where they rest and test things and well... basically where the humans are living now.

"And... do I knock or get inside or...?" He wonders.

"Just knock, someone should be up," I say and side smile.

He hesitates for a moment and then takes a step forward knocking on the door. Norm opens quickly after.

"Ummm what do you want?" he asks.

"How's the kid?" Miles asks.

"Spider? Oh he's okay, he got some rest, he's been eating, he's fine," he answers.

"That's good," Miles says and nods.

I know he wants to see him but he just won't say it.

"Is he awake?" I ask Norm.

"Mmm I think maybe yes, do you... want to come in?" Norm asks Miles and me.

Miles turns to look at me and I shake my head.

"You go," I wave at him.

"But-"

"Nakoa is too small, I don't want to risk him breathing that air and something happening to him," I explain.

Miles sighs and looks confused.

"It's okay, go say hi. I know you miss him," I encourage him.

"I don't miss him, it's just... he was... he had to come here," Miles says.

"If you come in you'll need a mask occasionally," Norm warns Miles.

"Yeah... yeah, let's be quick," he says and takes one more look at me.

I nod for him to keep going and soon the door closes behind them.

"So... what do you think about your home?" I ask Nakoa in a whisper now that we're alone.

He's asleep so the only sounds come from other people having dinner or distant Ikran cries in the night. I wanted to call Inet, I was dying to but... it's too late. I'll call her first thing in the morning.

Some minutes pass by and I'm starting to get a little bit tired, I cover my mouth when I yawn and then hear the door opening behind me.

"Hi," Spider says.

"Spider!" I say smiling, he looks less sick and more like himself.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I'm okay, look at you," I say.

"Maybe you'll gain some muscle back," Miles tells him.

"Shut up," Spider replies.

"Hey, he was dying to see you. Be nice," I defend Miles.

His ears press to his head and his tail waves nervously.

"I wasn't-" Miles doesn't end the sentence.

Spider doesn't say anything either.

"Where are you staying?" Spider asks.

"Tarsem assigned us a tent for our family," I say smiling.

"Oh, well that's... good," Spider replies looking to the ground.

"You can come tomorrow," Miles says.

"No, I wouldn't want to disturb your family. I'm going to sleep," he says.

Oh no.

"Spider... Spider," Miles tries talking to him but Spider is opening the door to the lab again.

It's a little too heavy on the outside for him and Miles helps him.

"Night," Is all Spider says when he manages to open.

"Spider..." Miles begs one more time.

"Spider, you won't disturb us. Please, come tomorrow okay?" I hurry to say before he disappears.

"Maybe," he responds and closes the door.

Miles sighs and I extend my hand to gently rub his forehead and try to make his furrowed brows go away.

"He'll come, don't worry," I tell him as I take his hand.

Miles doesn't say anything but walks with me.

We make the short way back to our tent and when I sit down and finally get ready to rest I feel my lips quiver and my heart full.

"What is it?" Miles asks kneeling beside me, his hand gently touching my face.

"I just- I can't... I can't believe it. I'm home and I have a family," my voice breaks a little and a smile grows on my face. Miles tilts his head and smiles. "I-... if there was no war then things would be perfect but I don't want to think about that, I just want to thank for all that I have now..." I say looking at him.

Miles pulls me into his arms and I hold him steady, our foreheads touch and all I can think about is how lucky I am that we found each other and that whatever happens we'll be together.

"I love you, Miles," I say looking him in the eye.

His eyes search my face, they go from my eyes to my lips and he smiles, then up to my eyes again.

"I love you, Anatuat, with all my heart," he says, his words making me cry.

I cry a little and then we both laugh, I kiss him, a delicate kiss at first but it slowly becomes more passionate. I smile into the kiss and Miles's hands travel down my body.

I breath out his name as his lips make its way down my neck and to my collarbones.

"We'll have to be very quiet," I manage to say and he snickers.

"I don't think we can do that," he says.

"We'll have to try," I say and take his face to kiss him again, I know it turns him on. His hands squeeze my tights and I moan.

We only make sure that there is no fire outside our tent so we're a little more in the dark, I position myself over the blankets on the floor and bite my lip when he lowers himself above me. Oh how glorious to feel his weight over me.

We undress very fast and change places, I torture him a little as I am the one up until he takes my hips and makes me lower down.

"Sure you can keep quiet?" he asks playfully, his hands go up and down my sides and I have to bite my lip not to whimper.

"Yeah," I breath out.

"Then come here," he says pulling me more towards him and I sit on him. We both moan but I've always been louder than him, his big hand takes no time to cover my mouth.

"I think I'll have to keep my hand there," he says as he trusts his hips with mine.

I throw my head back in pleasure and then lick his palm, I hear him moan and then he makes me suck on his thumb.

To be honest, I don't know if we were really successful on being silent, but at least we had a very good time.

We are now going to sleep, my head rests on Miles's chest and nothing gives me more peace than hearing his heartbeat under my ear, steadfast and strong.

His hand caresses my back and we both fall asleep fast.

Morning comes and we're awakened by my mother who has apparently come to say hi and invite us for breakfast.

I want to stay in Miles's arms, I don't want to move.

"I'll see you in my tent okay? foods almost ready so don't be late," she announces and leaves.

"I want to stay here," I say hiding my head in Miles's neck, his arms hold me close to him.

"Come on... I want to stay here too but, she's your mom. You've missed her, lets go eat with her," Miles says softly.

"Then we come back?" I ask.

I think I hadn't been so comfortable in a long time.

"If that's what you want love, or we can go look for your Ikran," he says. I lift my head immediately.

"Inet!"

"That's right," Miles says.

I stretch a little and then go see how Nakoa is, Miles stretches out too. Nakoa is still asleep so I decide to just take him with me and I'll feed him when he wakes up.

Miles and I walk hand in hand to my mother's tent.

"Come in! Just sit down, everything is ready," she indicates and I recognize a smell immediately.

"Mom..." I say, my heart fills with love when the smell of my favourite soup reaches my nose.

"You don't know how much I asked Eywa for you to come back, so I could share another meal with you. now that you're here let me spoil you a little," she says giving me and Miles a bowl of soup.

I wait until she had one for her too and thank her before we start eating. It's just as delicious as I remembered.

"So you like it?" Mom asks watching me with a smile.

"Of course I like it," I reply.

Miles finishes his plate soon too.

Mom is bringing a big bowl of worms and dried roots when Nakoa starts whimpering.

"Oh baby, everything's okay. Are you hungry?" I ask him as I uncover him a little and rock him so he feels better.

"Did you feed him last night?" My mom asks.

Honestly... he didn't wake up and I didn't want to wake him up, then Miles and I had... some fun so we didn't think about it either.

"I'll feed him now," I say but I remember that I left something in our tent.

"I'll be back in a moment," I announce and stand up.

Miles looks at me a little concerned, he wasn't ready to be left alone with my mother but I know he'll be fine.

I gently rock Nakoa as I make my way to the tent, I'm so concentrated on Nakoa that I almost crash into Spider.

"Sorry," I hurry to say looking down at him.

"I- mmm you told me to come so... I..."

"Oh yeah, we're at my moms but I came for something for Nakoa," I explain, he's still whimpering in my arms.

"Oh well, I can leave and come later or tomorrow," he says scratching his neck.

"No, come. You'll meet my mom too," I say and his eyes widen.

"I don't... think that's a good idea. I know many of the na'vi don't like me or the other humans at the camp," he replies.

"Spider... you mean... you are kind of part of our family, Miles and I and Nakoa so, please just come. Miles wants to see you," I argue.

He doesn't look secure at all but ends up nodding, I go into the tent and get what I needed and then guide Spider back to my mother's with me.

"Wait, wait, Anatuat... what do I tell her?" he panics almost at the door.

"Nothing, well... your name and hello. the basics. You'll be fine, don't be afraid of my mother," I tell him. Nakoa is already taking his food as I hold him in my arms.

"Miles, look who's here," I say entering the tent.

My mom and Miles stop laughing and turn back to see Spider reluctantly staying at the door.

"You came!" Miles says and stands up.

"And who is that?" My moms asks.

"Mom, you already know Spider, he's a good friend to my cousins and well... to me. He's also Miles's," I begin to say.

"He's my friend, a little but intelligent friend," Miles interrupts me.

"I'm sorry to interrupt ma'am, Anatuat insisted on me coming, but if you want me to leave I'll leave," Spider offers.

"If my daughter thinks you are important, then I'll give you a chance," My mom says and signals for Spider to come in. I look to Miles and we smile.

So this is it, a whole family reunion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 1.2K 23
I am back at it again with another Avatar story this one as you can tell from the title is much different. Nora the daughter of Quaritch is reborn in...
22.2K 466 12
Jake Sully and Ney'tiri have formed a family and are doing everything to stay together. However, they must leave their home and explore the regions o...
190K 4.5K 46
The Na'vi girl, Tcelia, lost her parents at a very young age. Jake and Neytiri takes her under their wings and she forms a deep bond with the whole f...
40.8K 1K 16
THIS STORY FAVORS SPIDER SO IF YOU ARE A SPIDER HATER DON'T BOTHER READING. This is a story following the events of Avatar The Way of Water. Its abo...