My New Home

By TVreviewer

After suffering abuse from her dad and having to bounce from foster home to foster home, Carrie Hudson has be... More

1: Meeting The Anderson Boys
2: Family Dinner
3: Fist Night
4: Morning!
5: Adler Highschool
6: Practice
7: Workout
8: Little League (short)
9: Girl's Day Out!
10: True Intentions
11: Liam And Charlotte?
12: Brandy's Check In
13: Mrs. Anderson
14: Rainy Days (Short)
15: Comfort
16: Brent's Cookies
17: House Party
18: I'm Fine
19: Standing My Ground
20: Talking About It
21: Hard Times (short)
22: Losing And Winning In A Thin Line (short)
23: Friday Night Game
24: Get Ready With Me (short)
25: First Date
26: Fishing With Eric
27. Welcome Back
10k Special: Fun Facts And Secret Info
28. Rendezvous MinusοΏΌ The Sexy Parts
29. Father Figures
30. Dads Of Different Kinds
31. Daddy Dearest
32. Love Hurts
33. Mall Brats
34. Meals and Melodrama
35. Car Forplay
36. Brother Battle
37. Dudes Liking Dudes (short)
38. "NORMAL"
39. Nana
40. Totally Not A Filler Chapter
41. Partners....With Him?!
42. Babysitting The Boys
43. "I do not judge you"
44. Shot Through The Gut And Your To Blame
45. The Reeds
46. Brothers Love
47. Breakfast & Besties
48. Benji, My Brother.
49. Father vs. Dad
Extra Notes: HAPPY HOLIDAYS
50. OWEN I
51. Quiet Drive
52. Hotel Hopping
53. Razor Sharp Tension
54. Owen II (Part One)
55. OWEN II (Part Two)
56. Just Like Your Mother...
57. ERIC I
58. The Time Between
59. Numb I (3rd Person)
60. Numb II (3rd Person)
61. Numb III (3rd Person)
62. Feeling I
63. Feeling II
65. Two Months Later - Beach Day
66. EPILOGUE - Adoption Day
MY NEW HOME SERIES & NEXT BOOKS

64. RG

533 32 14
By TVreviewer

"Wake up!" Someone shaking me violently snapped me awake, making me bash my head into someone else's head.

"Ow!" Me and the mysterious person shouted at the same time.

I flailed around and somehow got the person off my bed and hurriedly searched my dresser blind for my glasses.

I grabbed them and threw them on me.

My vision came back- to an extent, my eyes were still blurry from sleep but I still managed to identity the intruder.

It was Xander.

I rolled my eyes. "Jesus Xan, are you alright?"

He was on the floor, balled up in pain. His face was twisted in pain.

I kneeled down next to him and touched his face. He smacked my hand away. "The hell's that?" He yelled at me.

I crossed my arms. "Well you shouldn't be scaring the shit out of your traumatized sister when she is sleeping- or ever."

He groaned. "Still you didn't have to shove me so hard." I patted his back. "On the bright side, I can defend myself. Isn't that good?"

He held his torso as I helped him up. "Yeah, getting my ass kicked by a girl is great."

I stuck my finger out. "First of all I'm not just any girl- I'm your sister. Second of all, thats a bit sexist of you to say."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever!"

I raised my eyebrows. "Why are you still here? And why did you wake me up in the first place?"

That was a dick move.

I had been having trouble sleeping since I got home, hell I slept in Hank's room a few times the first week I came back.

He didn't mind of course but I felt embarrassed. I'm a sixteen year old girl needing to sleep with my dad or else I won't be able to sleep.

After the first week, I bucked the fuck up and stayed in my room the whole night...it was also a sleepless night.

It's gotten better every day and, last night, I was able to get six whole hours of sleep!

I could've maybe gotten more if it weren't for my little brother.

"It's late." He simply said.

I looked at my digital alarm clock, 10:11AM.

"It's Saturday...and only ten."

He smirked. "You forgot, didn't you?"

Uh...what?

"No..."

He laughed. "Oh this is hilarious."

I looked down. "Ha ha very funny. What is it?"

He stood there, a mischievous smile on his cheeky albeit adorable face.

"Oh come on Xan, tell me!"

He blew out a breath. "Grandma's coming to visit us today for Benji's birthday!"

"Uh...what?"

I mean I knew about their grandma, I knew she was super rich from her husband passing and traveled a lot. I knew they all loved her and that she gave them a shit ton of gifts.

I, however, did not know she was coming over today or anytime soon really. And also...

"Benji's birthday isn't for another two weeks, why is she coming this early? Is she staying for that long?" Xander sighed and sat on my bed, I did the same.

"No, only for the night. She's busy going to Europe on a trip during Benji's birthday or something. Rich people shit."

"And she's coming today?" He nodded. "Dad got her from the airport."

I shot up. "Airport? Alder Airport?!"

"Duh, what other one would I be talking about?"

That's only thirty minutes away!

"When did he leave?!" I demanded.

He thought for a minute. "I was the only one around when he was leaving, he asked me to wake you. So when did I come in here?"

"Five minutes? I have less than an hour?!"

"Uh..."

"Xander, I love you but you need to get the heck so I can get ready!"

"It's not a big deal...sure grandma's a little snobby but she-"

"Out!"

He begrudgingly hauled himself off my bed and slammed the door behind him.

I jumped into action.

I booked it to the bathroom and slammed into a body on the way, a unclothed Liam.

"Jesus!" I said, looking away from my brother who only had a towel wrapped around his waist.

It wasn't like he was still in the bathroom too, he was just in the hallway.

I love these boys but sometimes it's a pain living here with them, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I really wouldn't.

Right now though, I was nearly gagging.

"Morning to you too, sis. Ready to meet Grandma?" I went around him and banged the door shut.

"Not at all! I only found out freaking minutes ago," I opened the door and gave my half naked brother a look. "And put a shirt on! No one wants to see that!"

From the closed door, I heard him mumbled. "Oh I can think of someone." That someone was my best friend Charlotte.

I barfed in my mouth a little & turned on the shower, as I let it heat- I started brushing my teeth and used the hell out of the family mouthwash.

I jumped in the shower but instead of taking a nice long shower, I had to do it quick.

I got out in about five minutes and put on deodorant and made sure my hair was dry.

Normally I air dry it but I didn't have the time. I didn't want to look bad in front of their grandma.

I've heard stories about their Grandma, how first class she is and how amazing she is. I want- no I have to meet whatever expectations Hank and my brother built in her about me.

I left the bathroom in only a towel, doing the same thing as Liam- luckily I didn't bump into anyone.

Now it was the most important part.

I needed to find the best outfit, the one she'd like the most.

Problem is I didn't have anything she'd like.

I didn't dress...rich or lavish.

So I had to find the next best thing: preppy.

I searched my somewhat limited closet for clothes to wear.

I found a white button up long sleeve shirt and a purple sweater vest. My top part of the outfit was complete. Now it was time for the bottoms.

I couldn't wear a skirt, even if the white one was calling my name.

My right leg still wasn't healed all the way and sure it didn't need bandages anymore but it was still sacred and wasn't ready to show the world that yet. Not my leg and certainly not my arms.

Not even family.

So I grabbed a pair of jeans and stuffed myself in them. Oof tight fit!

I put gloss on and smoothed my short hair over to make myself look...good?

My body confidence hasn't always been good but, after everything with my father, my body feels like shit. Feels gross.

But looking at myself in my new mirror, which was fake glass for obvious reasons, I feel okay. Maybe not beautiful just yet...but okay.

I sprayed some orange perfume, I closed my eyes & breathed it in. I smiled.

It was so-

I heard the front door open.

Loud voices started flooding in.

There was no time for relaxation or getting myself ready, it was happening now.

I just prayed to whoever will listen that their grandma will like me.

My grandma? Well I'm technically not adopted yet so she isn't.

What about my biological grandparents? I never got to meet them...they died before I was born.

"Hello there babies!" I heard a loud women's voice sound from the first floor.

I sneakily left my room and watched from the top of the stairs.

I saw a unusually tall women, maybe 5'11, with an pink old fashion suit and skirt. She had heels and, like the stereotypical rich women, a pearl necklace on.

She was currently giving Benji the tightest hug of his whole life. He giggled. "Hi grandma!"

She pulled him away and stared at her youngest grandson. "Look at you! You grew so much since last Christmas!"

Benji smiled proudly.

Xander tried to make an exit but their grandma didn't allow this, she pulled him into her iron grip. "Oh look at my other baby boy! Oh your so cute!"

She gave him sloppy kisses all over his face. He tried to get away but their grandma wouldn't stop. She clearly loved him.

The twins were next, they both got a hug at the same time. And got a kiss one after the other. "You boys are looking more alike every time I see you two."

They both cringed.

"No Grams don't say that!" Liam said. "Yeah we look nothing alike!" Luke insisted.

"Aw honey buns, your both handsome so that's not a insult!"

"Alright Grams." Liam said quietly.

"Owen!" Their grandma said. Owen stepped forward and let her hug him. "Look at you! You look dashing honey bun! So so handsome."

She kissed his forehead. "Thanks Grams!"

She sighed. "Now where is Ricky?" I've never heard anyone call Eric that before but, if anyone has weird names for people, it's a grandma.

"He's at work but he'll be home for dinner. He can't wait to see you mom."

The mom part surprised me.

I knew from Eric that their grandma was on their moms side.

After she abandoned Hank and her six boys, their grandma stepped up and became a sort of mother figure. Not just for my brothers but for Hank too.

I, of course, didn't know if the women still talked to their mother but I was curious.

I would never ask about their mom, never. I have no right.

"Aw okay."

She looked at Hank now. "Now," she started, a huge smile on her face. "Where is my granddaughter? I've been waiting so long to meet her!"

"Carrie! Come down here!" Hank said excitedly.

I hid behind the wall next to the stairs and covered my face.

I wasn't ready. I didn't want to ruin her thoughts on me.

I wiped my dry eyes and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

I stepped into view and started walking downstairs. She noticed me when I was on the last stair. Her big eyes widened even more.

"OH MY!" She screeched.

"H-hi."

She put her hands on her cheeks. "Oh hello honey bun!" She called me the same things as her grand sons. Does she already think of me as her family?

"I'm Mariam but you can call me Mari or maybe...if you want of course, grandma."

"It's uh nice to meet you," I managed to say. "I'm Carrie."

"Oh I know honey! I've heard so much about you. And oh my you are just so beautiful!"

Mari scanned my body, stopping on my hair. "Your hair is..." She paused, running a hand through the thick black hair. "Very chic, DIY even! I like it!"

I swallowed hard. "Thanks. I do too." She looked at my clothes. "Oh and a sense of fashion! I love all of my grandchildren, but I can't shop with any of these boys! They don't appreciate clothes like us girls!"

Mari was very bright and cheery women. I tried to match her perkiness but that was impossible.

"That's why I got so excited when I heard Hank was adopting a girl," she laughed nervously. "Well not all my excitement comes from fashion hun, I'm so glad you found such a great family like ours! But the fact your a girl does help."

I had no idea what to say to that.

Yeah I'm glad I'm a girl too!

The silence on my end became awkward until Benji took a peak in her suitcase.

"Oh no, not yet honey bun. You'll get gifts later." She whispered the last part. Xander pumped his fist & all the boys looked happy.

"Speaking of gifts, I'm going to take you shopping!" Mari takes both my hands.

"I mean it's the funniest thing in the world and none of the boys want to do it with me...will you?"

Not wanting to disappoint her, I nodded.

She clapped and quickly kissed at my cheek. "This is going to be so fun!"

She turned to Hank. "Hank, would you be a darling and bring my bags to whatever room I'll be staying at tonight."

Hank chuckled and looked at Benji, who was smiling wide- next to him, Xander, was less enthusiastic. He was crossing his arms.

"Benji's room." Hank replied, bringing her way too many bags for one night into my youngest brother room.

"Why the sour face bud?" I asked a still pissed off looking Xander. "Benji's room is taken tonight." He said simply. "Uh huh...so?"

He rolled his eyes. "Who the hell's room do you think he'll stay in, huh?! He's so cuddly and his farts smell like asscheeks!"

Mari gasped and stuck her finger at her grandson. "I know Hank never taught you naughty words! Do not use foul language- especially around and/or towards your little brother! Or at all for that matter!"

Xander sighed. "Sorry Grams."

"Oh I can't stay mad at you for long baby boy! All is forgiven!" Xander cheeks went red and he went off to his room.

"The day is young, let's go honey!" Grandma Mari's surprisingly strong as she grabbed my arm and took me through the house.

"N-now?" I asked.

"Yes of course! I only have one first day with my one and only my granddaughter! I want to have as much as possible with you!"

She was a sweet lady, I'll give her that.

"Uh how will we get there?" Mari swings Hank's car keys on her finger. "Hanky's letting me use the mini van! It's not my car of choice but it works."

"Yeah..." as I got into the passenger side of the car, I sort of regretted agreeing to this.

But I wanted to make a good impression. I wanted to seen...cool? Yeah that's the word.

"So honey, tell me about yourself!"

"Oh um what do you wanna know?"

She laughed while driving. "Everything!"

"I'm Carrie. I'm sixteen. I uh like reading. I like being space and planets. I like food. I like my friends & my brothers. My dad- well my foster one that is."

She pouted. "I know, I heard about what happened and I'm so sorry honey. You never deserved such a shithead father."

I raised an eyebrow and she giggled. "I can swear a little...when the time calls for it."

We both shared a smile.

We talked for the ten minutes to the mall. She told me about her adventures in every 50 states and in other countries too.

I felt embarrassed that the coolest place I went to was a water park at the age of ten.

Yeah...safe to say that's no Los Angeles or Paris.

She parked in the lot, pretty close to the entrance, and we got out.

She guided me throughout the mall and we hit all the good clothing spots.

We didn't talk much about personal stuff during the shopping, just little facts like how she thought green made her look fat or that purple was totally my color.

She insisted on buying any clothing item I look at for more than a second.

She managed to buy me ten articles of clothing before she stopped at a dress.

She gasped again, so loud she made me stumble back.

"Look at this!" She screeched, ripping a hanger off the rack with a black dress on it.

"This would look great on you!" She looked at the size, a 6. "And it's your size! Oh you should totally let me buy this for you! Please!"

It was a pretty dress, a slim back satin dress with lace at the edges. I couldn't wear it though.

Never.

For one it had spaghetti straps, a low cut chest, and the fact it was shorter than damn short shorts. To be honest, I wouldn't have worn it before my father took me but now...I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

Not alone and certainly not in public.

"It's nice but-" she frowned. "What's wrong with it?" She asked.

"Nothing. It's me." She squinted & cocked her head. "Nothings wrong with you honey, you would rock this dress!"

I looked down and shrugged. "I'm not...my body isn't made for a dress that beautiful."

"What do you mean about your body?"

"It's still scarred, my leg and my arms are gross."

She rubbed my arm. "They aren't honey."

"You haven't seen them."

"I don't need to, to know how beautiful you are and how nice you'd look I'm this dress. How about I buy it and you- when your ready- try it on and tell me if you like it or not?"

"I can't convince you otherwise, can I?" She shook her head and I sighed deeply.

"Alright Mari." She smiled. "Thanks for having faith in me, you won't regret it honey!"

The cashier rang the clothes up and she paid for my new clothes. "Thank you again- for the clothes & for being so sweet to me."

She waved me off. "Of course hon, you absolutely need a positive women role model in your life! And I'll be that for you."

I had one of those, Miss. Brandy. She taught me so much and I'm forever grateful. She's gone now.

Well not dead-gone or anything but I'm not going to see her again.

At least she left King with us now. That adorable dog is cheering everyone up.

"That's sweet of you. Thank you."

As we left the dress shop, she stopped and smiled at someone.

"Oh look, it's Brent! You know him right?!"

Sure enough, I looked over and saw Brent. He was with a few of his football friends (Owen not included) and looked like he was having a good time.

"Yeah...he's my ex."

Her head whipped around, her jaw on the floor.

"Exes?! What happened!"

"I love him but after what happened with my father, I couldn't date. He's still my friend though. I do still um love him."

She raised an eyebrow again. "You said you loved him twice? I sense romance."

I scoffed. "Mari, I'm not ready."

She sighed and nodded. "Understandable, I'm not trying to push you. I'm just saying if you want some sort of romantic relationship again, you shouldn't be ashamed. Never pressure yourself or let others do it to you."

"Yeah, that's good advice."

"I know, I am  the queen of advice!" She looped our arms together. "Oh and he's looking over," she said, waving over us.

Brent waved back and I silently breathed a sigh of relief when he didn't start walking over to us.

He locked eyes with me and smiled. A real smile. No more heartache or pain.

It was bittersweet.

He wasn't hurting every time he looked at me but that probably meant he was over me.

Which is what you want, Carrie!

You don't want a relationship dummy!

I gave him a halfhearted wave and a weak smile.

Then he turned around and walked away with some of his friends.

Mari nudged me in the direction of the exit and we left.

The ride home was nice, we spent it talking about her 'old people' gossip.

It was kind of fun.

We made it home around 4PM, Eric's car was in the driveway.

Mari squealed. "Oh my baby's home!"

She parked and we brought the bags in. "Can you bring those into your room, I wanna see my Rick?" Mari asked, I nodded. She gave me the half of the bags she was holding and ran inside.

"Ricky!" She shouted, she ran into the kitchen and collided with someone.

"Oh look at my dashing boy!" I peeked my head in & met some of my brothers in the front door hallway.

"Damn she spoiled you!" Luke said. Liam nodded.

"I couldn't say no, literally!" I admitted, lifting the six or seven bags I had in my hands.

"Let me help you sis." Owen scooped up half of the bags and helped me up the stairs.

"So how'd shopping with grandma go?"

I smiled. "Good, she's cool. I like her."

He squeezed my shoulder. "I'm glad things went good."

He paused for a minute. "Brent said he saw you at the mall." I whipped around to face him.

"Owen don't..." He put his hands up. "Hey, hey I'm just telling you!"

"Mhmm sure." We got to my curtain door and took my bags back.

I threw the stuffed bags onto the ground.

I pet King on the forehead, who was on my bed, and went face first on my bed. Knocking out almost a few seconds after.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I was exhausted. Even if I had taken an hour and a half nap.

I stumbled my way through the second floor hallway with King in pursuit. I hopped down the stairs turned into dining room.

The younger boys, Xander and Benji, were setting the table while Eric and Hank were making food. I still didn't know they were making but it smelled so fucking good.

"Anything I can do to help?" Hank turned to me and shook his head.

"Go sit. We've got everything covered." Oop...alright guess I'm not needed.

I sat down on one of the ends and waited. Benji sat next to me. We had a small conversation on how he was doing and how his best friend Hunter was.

After a few minutes, everyone came to the table and we all sat down to eat.

Eric bragged about officially becoming a cop.

Owen complained about how shit his football season already was after four games (they won 3-4 games).

Liam and Luke traded insults to each other...about their athletic ability, girls, and everything else.

Xander pouted and looked uninterested the whole damn time, typical Xander.

Benji talked and talked and talked some more about all things, a huge smile plastered on his face.

I just sat there, listening.

I loved my family.

"Carrie?" My name being said made everyone quiet.

"Yeah?" I replied to Hank, who had a big grin on his face.

"We have one more gift for you!" Mari said.

Another one?! Oh lord...

This is more material love I have ever had. Let alone in a day!

Hank presented a orange envelope and handed it to me.

I tilted my head but started opening it.

I the first I saw:

ADOPTION PAPERS

CARRIE MARIE HUDSON

HANK JEFF ANDERSON

My mouth fell open.

Was this...oh my God!

"Are you adopting me..?" I asked, I couldn't resist the smile on my face.

Hank wiped his wet eyes. "Y-yes. We have a court date in two months."

"Oh my...oh my God." I covered my mouth & closed my teary eyes.

"Is that- is that what you want?" Hank asked.

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his still seated body. "Of course dad, I love you!"

"We love you too!"

Benji jumped into my arms & my family surrounded me.

Love surrounded me.

And for the first time since my father, I was honestly truly happy.

Suck on that dad!

Suck on that Jude Aarons!

My life couldn't go anywhere but up!

And it's all thanks to the Andersons!

~ TWO MORE CHAPTERS TO GO! Hope you enjoyed this one! ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 18.9K 31
Seventeen-year-old Hazel never saw having a sick mom in her future. And the last thing she expected was for her new next-door neighbor to give her a...
182K 6K 39
"What do you mean I have to live in New York?!" "Honey, your grandma is very sick and we have to fly out to Canada to take care of her, but we don't...
834 73 11
Four boys meet at Hillston boarding school and become best friends. Together they experience drama, love, trouble, parties, parents and secrets. How...
49.6K 1.4K 31
After enduring years of abuse, Ali finally had enough. She packed everything she could and left her ex to start a new life with her four-year-old son...