Law of attraction - KOOKMIN

By lonely-heartless

When his unrequited love he had left behind asks him to drop everything to come at his help as he's being acc... More

I.
CHARACTERS
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI

We Will Laugh...

466 31 36
By lonely-heartless

By: Lonely-Heartless

FIVE YEARS AGO...

It's raining ropes outside. The weather perfectly in sync with Jimin's current mood. Jammed in the small church nestled on the cliff near Jigseongdong, the guests awaited patiently for the ceremony to launch. The holy place was familiar. It's the same one his mother used to drag him to throwing and kicking religiously every Sundays. The dark-haired male braced himself for the wave of nostalgia to hit him as it's always the case when his treacherous mind conjured up the ghost of his mother, died two years ago from cancer but the young man felt even more disheartened when he realized that the only thing he felt was the same pain and ache gnawing at him.

He sniffed, blinking away unshed tears, a fake smile plastered on his face. Today was supposed to be a happy day. His best friend Jungkook was getting married. The same bestfriend Jimin had been in love with for as long as he could remember.

His attention snapped up toward the beautiful couple Jungkook and Yuna made on the huge platform. His soon to be wife looked simply dazzling in her wedding gown and the younger man looked at her with wonder and love in his eyes. Jimin's breathing turned labored and his throat constricted like he's about to chock but he remained outwardly calm as he watched the younger man slide a slim gold band around the woman's slender annular.

"I now proclaim you husband and wife." Declared the priest and the attendance erupted in a concert of cheers and applause while Jimin finally abandoned all pretense of being alright and just let himself drop backward on the bench. His hands flied up to cover his face as he burst into silent and ugly crying.

His friend Kim Taehyung who'd made the trip all the way from Macau to attend the ceremony in support for him was the only witness to the scene. He sat down beside him and without a word as he rested a hand on his shoulder.

There's softness in his eyes when jimin finally stare up, lips slightly parted to offer what Tae suspected to be either an apology or explanation. He needed neither and so kindly cut him off before he so much uttered a word.

"Everything is going to be alright, hyung." Jimin's eye widened and his bottom lip quivered slightly. It lasted less than a second, a blink of eye later and it had vanished. His lips set into a firm line as he shook his head.

"It is not but thanks for lying, Tae." Hiccuping between sobs.

Taehyung's instinctive response was of course to shake his head in turn and vehemently deny but he stopped himself, his mind falling short of reassuring words to say to his friend. He hated watching him so visibly suffer. He reached out to take his hand with his. "Mark my words hyung, one day this pain you are feeling will fade away and you will be happy." His voice trembled with sincerity. Jimin felt it because he looked startled before, pulling a handkerchief from his breast pocket and wiping away his tears, chuckling briefly.

"I sincerely hope you are right." He murmured.

The newlyweds were traipsing down the aisle which signaled that the guests must welcome them on the church's steps. Taehyung and jimin waited until they passed them to stand up.

"Trust me hyung." He smiled. "Let's go."

But Jimin had taken his decision. He'd simply kept himself from breathing a word to his friends until the end of the wedding. It had taken him a while to come to it but it was the only reasonable and logical solution to all his problems.

Because he loved Jungkook, more than anything else which was why it was so heartbreaking to watch him spin the perfect love with someone else but Jungkook was also his bestfriend and he would do anything to make him happy but he also needed to do what make him happy and staying in Busan had proven to be detrimental to his well being which was the reason why he had decided to leave.

It was the only way he could get a real chance to get over those unrequited feelings.

A thourough break. Cut all contacts and never looked back.

Jimin had already cleared the place he lived in downtown with his father's help. They had spent a week packing boxes and driving back and forth to store them in his room at his parent's house. The landlord had gotten back the keys and Jimin had even heard a new tenant was moving soon. He also went to dinner with Kim Seokjin; one of his College's sunbae. The older man had offered him a job at his law firm and he had accepted and he was supposed to start in a week.

It meant tonight was his last night in Busan.

"Hyung!!!" Shouted Jungkook making Jimin looked up just as he stepped inside the reception hall. He was a lil dazzled by all the embellishments. Beside him Taehyung whistled, chin jutting toward a huge chocolate fountain standing in the middle of the hall.

Jungkook had swapped his previous outfit for a new one and he looked even more handsome in it. The Tom Ford suit outlined perfectly his impressively muscular form leaving next to nothing to the imagination. Red crept up Jimin's face as he chased away lurid thought about the younger man's naked body from his mind. Jungkook's chestnut hair was swept backward stylishly revealing his forehead. He rushed in jimin's direction, pausing just a hair breath in front of him. Jimin's heart pound in his chest as the younger man pulled him in a tight embrace.

He swallowed down thickly, a surge of arousal going through him like shockwaves that left him breathless. He tried to pull away as he felt himself harden in his pants but the other man was a lot stronger than him. He didn't stand a chance so he inhaled sharply a whiff of the man's heady scent

"I missed you so much." Jungkook muttered into his ear making jimin's already weak resolutions melt like snow under the sun. He had all the difficulty in the world not reading too much into his hest friend's words.

Beside them someone coughed and Jimin froze as he recognized Yuna, Jungkook's wife who had apparently dropped her bridesmaids to join them. They ultimately broke apart and he made sure to not cross her gaze as the last thing he wanted to see was her look of victory.

Oblivious, Jungkook's eyes were fixed on him.

"Where were you, hyung ? I looked everywhere for you." Jimin hid a smile behind his hand as Yuna threw his way a scornful glare.

"Around." He said vaguely. "Kudos to the planner the ceremony was beautiful." He added quickly changing subjects. Yuna's gaze lingered on him, disdaining now.

"Yes, she did. I will give you her card when you get married." She said woth mock sincerity. Jungkook's brows furrowed as he glanced between them before settling back on Jimin.

He was pouting unhappily.

"Are you seeing someone?" He asked.

"She is joking, I'm not seeing anyone."

Jungkook let out a sigh of relief before catching himself up, his expression darkening for the briefest moment as he played with the buttons of his suit.

"If you did it'll be cool because noona and me would have another married couple to hang out with."

Jimin laughed but it didn't sound pleasant to his ears.

"You are an adult now JK. You don't need me to make friends." Jungkook blushed at the nickname and he shot him a boyish grin that made him a lot younger than his 23 year old

"But nothing will change hyung, we'll still hang out like before." His downright childish naivety which had always been part of Jungkook's charms as to Jimin it denoted a sort of purity of his soul felt more hurtful than ever to him now and not that charming anymore.

A server passed by, carrying a silver tray full of champagne flute. Jimin snatched one and downed it. The dark haired suddenly wished for the evening to pass quickly and for tomorrow to come by. He licked his lips, slamming the empty glass down on the nearest column.

"Of course not." He lied through his teeth.

Luckily time went by smoothly after that. He stuck by Taehyung's side who as always was the best and together they made fun of the guests. By midnight when most of the guests were already drunk or sleepy or dancing sluggishly on the dancefloor he turned to Taehyung who nodded before he even uttered a word.

They stood up and walked out the doors.

He had called for a cab to pick him up and take him back to his father from where he would head to the airport in the morning.

TWO WEEKS LATER.

Seoul could've as well been on another universe for little the bustling metropolis had in common with Busan. His place here was of course alot and he wasn't even joking - smaller than the one he used to live in an his neighbours were asshole but it's also new. The first two nights, he followed Seokjin-hyung - the sunbae who had offered him a job in the hottest bars in downtown. They'd gotten so drunk and then stumbled back in the older man's huge apartment where they'd spent the rest of the night making out.

Work was also challenging. The law firm was small and unknown and there were only three others lawyers like him but they got a few cases and the dark-haired male immerged himself in work eager to prove himself.

He was at his desk. Seokjin-hyung - as he had insisted he called him after that first and last makeout session was out to meet a potential new client while jimin stayed behind going through a few paperworks when his PC alerted him about a new message. He looked up from his papers and clicked on it, his heart making a loop in his chest when he recognized the address as belonging to one Jeon Jungkook.

@Golden-Seagull to @Pjimin-law

Hey hyung. I hope this mail finds you well. Kim Taehyung ssi told me you moved to Seoul and I don't understand why you didn't tell me anything. Anyway, I am in Seoul for a few days (Yuna's father wanted me to attend a conference in his name) and I was wondering if you'll want to hang out with your favorite dongsaeng? We could have dinner and drinks idk let me know.

His fingers hovered over the keyboard - hesitating.

@Pjimin-law to @Golden-Seagull

Good morning, No I am busy.

Goodbye.

He hit the send button before he chickened out and then he blocked the contact.

Author's Note:

And the first chapter is done😊😊 Tell me what you guys think🚶I'm sincerely interested. Also I have a playlist for this fic and will post it later.

- Lonely-heartless🥰🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 211 18
-"He watched the boy fade away, taking the beautiful world with him." | In which young Hoseok has cancer and his best friend, Taehyung, has to learn...
365 87 28
A very poor family plan to make their residential home in an odd town.Due to economical disadvantages they are going through.Unknown to them were the...
13.5K 1K 19
If your soulmate goes down the wrong path, something happens to you. So Park Jimin, who lost his ability to speak, knows that whoever was supposed to...
137K 4K 28
You and Jimin are best friends. You laugh have fun and despise the same things. You both fit together so well like two peas in a pod. Your amazing hu...