Beautiful Infatuation

By PurnimaNegi

The worst mistake that Sneha could do was to save a girl from getting assaulted. That is because the girl who... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79

Chapter 67

26.4K 1.8K 542
By PurnimaNegi

12 September:

"Priya, let's go!" Sneha called for her sister. It was Sunday and they had their usual Karate classes.

Priya grabbed her water bottle and followed her sister as she opened the main door of their house.

However, Sneha froze momentarily when she saw who stood outside.

"Ananya?" She whispered in surprise.

After her divorce from Viraj, no one, literally, no one from his family approached her for any reason. She lived her life as it was earlier...as she had always known. She had expected at least Dev to approach her and threaten her further. But, she was proved completely wrong. In a way, she was grateful to Viraj for successfully convincing his father and taking care of everything.

But, then, why was Ananya here?

"Sneha, can I please talk to you?" Ananya asked.

There was a genuine request in her voice that Sneha could not ignore rudely.

"About...what?" She asked softly.

"Alone?" Ananya added while giving Priya a glance.

Sneha looked at her sister and then walked towards the corner of the garden. Ananya followed her. When they were alone, Ananya spoke first.

"I wanted to ask for a favour."

"If it is about your brother..."

"Bhai had asked all of us to never come to you. So, I didn't. But, I don't have any option now."

Sneha's brows furrowed. Did anything serious happen to him? The thought crossed her mind.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Since that day, bhai hasn't come home at all. He stays at his penthouse. He doesn't even come to meet us. We just talk to him on phone, that too barely. It's like, he has isolated himself from the family. He has engrossed himself in the business entirely! We tried every way to convince him..but, I think he has taken your betrayal to his heart."

Sneha's heartbeat escalated. She had no idea how he was living his life...and, honestly, she didn't even care. She was too busy in her life...searching for a good job... going on short trips with her family to come out of the suicide trauma and all that had happened in the past.

Not even once did she give him a thought.

"What..." Sneha cleared her throat. "...what can I do?" She asked in an unsure tone.

"Could you please go to his penthouse and talk to him..."

"Ananya, you know, I can't!" Sneha interrupted immediately.

"No, I am not asking you to go back to him. I am just asking you to talk to him once...and try to convince him to please come back home. He is not even listening to us. But, I am sure, he'll listen to you. Please, Sneha!" Ananya literally begged.

Sneha took a deep breath. She had no idea why Ananya would try to ask such a thing from her.

"Why will he listen to me, Ananya? We don't have any relationship now. He gave me a divorce, you know that."

"Because you threatened him!" Ananya retorted abruptly.

The accusation surprised Sneha. She had no idea that Viraj's family thought so low about her!

"I did not threaten him." She spoke, slowly and clearly.

"Yes, you did, Sneha. The reason why bhai gave you divorce was that you tried to kill yourself. He was afraid you might do it again. That is why he decided to give you what you wanted so desperately."

"I tried to kill myself because your father threatened me with my family's life and your brother tried to control each and every part of my life! Ananya, you may want that life, but I don't." Sneha answered in the same tone.

A momentary silence lapsed between them as the tension rose.

"Look, Sneha, I am not here to argue with you or recall the past. I just want my brother back. You...you are living just fine...It is my brother who is suffering." Ananya indirectly accused her again.

"It is not my fault, Ananya." Sneha became defensive again.

"I am not saying it is your fault. I am just requesting you to please talk to him once."

Sneha thought over it. It made no sense to her. And, she knew it would make absolutely no sense to anyone if she would go and talked to him after what has transpired between them. They were better strangers now.

Sneha shook her head negatively.

"No, Ananya. I am extremely sorry, but I can't talk to him. He and I have parted ways and we will never see each other again. It's better if we don't meet either." She said with a lowered gaze.

"How can you be so selfish, Sneha!" Ananya spoke in a bitter tone.

Sneha's brows raised and she chuckled.

"I am being selfish?"

"You just need to..."

"If...thinking about my happiness and my life and my freedom, is being selfish, then fine, I am selfish. But, I think, I have the right to choose what is right for myself." Sneha spoke her mind.

"Sneha, it is not even going to take an hour! I'll take you to his penthouse and I'll drop you back here as well."

"No, Ananya. I am sorry. I...have to go." She said and turned around to walk back to her sister.

"It's his birthday, today!" Ananya spoke as soon as she had walked a few steps away from her.

Sneha halted as realization dawned upon her.

Suddenly, she remembered Viraj telling her about his birthdate. She slowly turned around and faced Ananya again.

"He is a grown man, Ananya. I am sure, things like this won't bother him." Sneha said and turned back again.

"What did she say?" Priya asked Sneha.

"Nothing. Let's go."

.

.

.

Sneha couldn't pay attention to her self-defence classes as her entire attention was on Ananya's words.

'Should I go and talk to him?' Sneha wondered as she practised with her sister.

'Are you crazy? He'll get the wrong idea again.' She scolded herself.

'And what will I say?'

'Happy birthday, Viraj? I came here because your sister asked me to. He'd laugh at me!'

A sharp blow hit her arm and brought her out of her thoughts.

"Stay focused, di!" Priya scolded her sister.

Sneha sighed and rubbed her aching arm.

"Let's go home." She said.

"We still have 15 minutes." Priya said as she looked at the clock.

"I don't feel well." She lied.

Sensing her sister's foul mood, Priya nodded and followed her.

They exited the academy and walked towards the main gate to take the rickshaw.

"Isn't that..." Priya started when Sneha followed her gaze. Her steps slowed as she saw a sleek black car with which she was very much familiar.

"Priya, go and wait for me near the gate. This won't take much time." She told her sister.

"Why are they here?"

"I don't know." Sneha said and walked towards the car, where Viraj's mother was waiting for her.

.

.

.

"Namaste, aunty ji." Sneha greeted Viraj's mother awkwardly as she stood beside the car. She has always had a huge respect for this woman since she had been nothing but nice to her.

"Namaste, Sneha. How are you?" Meena asked softly.

"Uhh...I am fine, thank you. You?" She answered.

"I am fine too. Ananya must have come to you."

Sneha nodded.

"She told me that you denied talking to Viraj." Meena said gently...almost sadly.

"You know why I denied it. I...Meeting now holds no meaning, aunty ji. Do you think Viraj and I should see each other after the divorce? We have parted our ways!" Sneha defended her view.

Meena nodded in understanding.

"I understand. I would have done the same thing had I been at your place. But, what can a mother do? You are a daughter too. You know how your mother would feel if you are sad and not talking to the family members properly. I don't even know if he is having his meals on time or not. He rarely answers my calls. I am just...concerned about his health." Meena said and the sorrow was evident in her tone.

"I...don't know what to say, aunty ji."

"As a mother, I am begging you, Sneha. Please go to him just this one time and talk to him. Please convince him to come back home."

"He will get the wrong idea!"

"He won't. You can tell him that I asked you to go there."

"Why don't you go to his penthouse directly? I am sure, he will talk to you. You are his mother!"

"Do you think I didn't try this? I did go to his penthouse but he has directed the receptionists there to not allow any one of us to visit him."

"Then I won't be allowed as well."

"Sneha, do you really think he would say no to seeing you? He loves you!" Meena asserted.

Sneha lowered her eyes.

"I can't..."

"Please, Sneha! I promise I will never ask for anything."

"My father has strictly asked me to never meet him." Sneha added and it wasn't a lie.

"You don't need to tell him anything. And if he will somehow get to know about it, I will talk to your father."

"I never hide anything from my parents." Sneha said honestly.

Meena sighed on seeing Sneha's continuous reluctance. There was just one way to convince her.

Sneha took a sharp breath when out of the blue, Meena kneeled on the ground in front of her.

"I am begging you, Sneha. Please bring my son back to me." She asked with folded hands.

"Aunty ji, please don't do this!" Sneha shrieked as her voice became shaky. She too lowered herself to her level and tried to lift her up by her arms.

She succeeded in the second attempt.

"Please think from my perspective too. My father will kill me if I'd go anywhere near Viraj. Please understand!"

Meena audibly sighed in defeat. For her, her last hope had also vanished.

Slowly, she nodded. Turning towards her car, she opened the backdoor. Sneha thought she was going, but instead, she saw Viraj's mother take out a paper bag containing something cuboidal in it.

"I don't think I can convince you anymore. So...if you've ever thought of me as your mother, please go to my son and ask him to come to us. I promise we will never bother you anymore. I can only hope that you'd honour a mother's concern for her son." Meena said and forwarded the paper bag. Sneha unintentionally held the bag since she was holding it out for so long.

"W.What is this?" She asked, referring to the bag.

"This is a birthday cake. If you'd go to him, please give it to him. I know it will make him very happy..."

"I...I can't..." Sneha wanted to cry. Why was she doing this to her?

"...If not, please throw this or give it to the poor kids." Meena added on seeing Sneha's clear denial.

Sneha bit her lower lip as her heart felt heavy.

Meena opened the door of the car.

"I'll go now, Sneha. Take care and don't worry about me. I won't hold any grudge against you if you won't go to him. But, a mother will forever be in debt to you if you'd bring her son back to her." Meena said and with that, she entered the car and asked the driver to drive.

Sneha very well knew what Meena did just now.

It was pure emotional blackmail. And, unfortunately, she couldn't do anything about it. If there was anything that could make her go against her opinion, then it was a blow to her conscience. She remembered Viraj telling her: 'You are soft at heart.' 

"Didi, what did she say? And, what is this?" Priya asked when she came near her.

Sneha remained quiet for a very long moment. Priya looked at her sister in concern.

"Didi?" She called for her attention again.

"Priya...do you think I am a selfish girl?" She asked, hopelessly.

"Of course, not!" Her sister answered instantly.

And, her prompt reply touched her heart again. If her sister thought so highly of her, then she must not break that trust.

"Tell papa that I have gone to meet Viraj because his mother came to me and asked...requested for it. It won't take long. I'll be back by 8." Sneha guided.

"Have you gone insane? Papa clearly asked both of us to stay away from that family!" Priya raised her voice.

"Do you trust me?"

Priya hesitated.

"Didi, don't. This is not right."

"Go home. I'll take the bus from here."

"I'll come with you."

"No. It's not safe for you."

"It's not safe for you either."

"Priya." She used the strict tone finally. Priya whined.

"Try to come as soon as possible. And, keep me updated. I'll tell papa if you come late. I don't want him to scold me."

"Okay." Sneha said and soon they parted ways.

.

.

.

"Yes, ma'am. How may I help you?" The receptionist asked the rehearsed question.

"Uhh...I would like to meet Viraj Khatri." Sneha asked politely. Since the moment she entered the premises, her heartbeat had been loud like drumbeats. She felt like her legs will give away soon. Her hands started perspiring again. The fear was evident in her mind. But, more than that lay the curiosity. She wondered how he looked now. It's been almost three months since she hadn't seen him.

"Mr Viraj Khatri?" The receptionist's expression turned serious. Viraj was one of the elite residents and they were given strict orders to not let just anyone meet him.

"Yes. Mr Viraj Khatri."

"Just to cross-check, ma'am, which floor is he on?"

"Uhh...I think it was 32 or 33...I...I don't clearly remember." She stuttered.

"I apologize ma'am, but Mr Khatri has strict orders for not letting anyone on his floor." The receptionist answered, getting a little suspicious.

"I know...His mother has asked me to meet him. It won't take long. If you want, I can meet him here also."

"I am sorry, ma'am. But, Mr Khatri is not someone whom we can call anywhere we want." The receptionist chuckled nervously.

Sneha nodded.

"Could you please call him and let him know that Sneha is here." She suggested seeing the receptionist's reluctance.

The young man consulted his senior and then dialled the LAN.

"Sneha, right?" The receptionist asked as he waited for the call to connect.

"Yes."

"And, what is your relationship with Mr Khatri, if I may ask?"

Sneha hesitated.

"This is for Mr Khatri's information only." He clarified.

"I..." Sneha was dumbstruck. What should she say? Ex-wife? Friend? Relative?

"Just tell him Sneha is here. He will know." She said with a frown.

The receptionist nodded.

Soon the call connected...

.

.

.

Viraj scrolled through a confidential pdf that his assistant had mailed him for a quick review. He was lying on the bed with the phone in his right hand and a glass of alcohol in the other.

A message popped on the screen and he read it. It was from his sister.

"Bhai, at least accept my call or call back! Papa has made all the arrangements here for your birthday. Please, come home." Ananya had texted.

Viraj simply swiped right and ignored the text. He had already told his father to not do anything dramatic. He just wasn't interested.

He was about to call his assistant for his approval when the telephone on his table rang. He thought of ignoring it as well, but then thought against it. It was the building's management, he knew.

So, he dragged himself out of the bed and answered the call.

"This better be important." He asked in a straight tone, devoid of any emotion.

"Good evening, Mr Khatri. This is the reception. There is someone requesting to meet you."

"Send them back." He said and was about to put the receiver back.

"She says it is important. Her name is Sneha."

Viraj had almost put the receiver back when that sweet name fell on his ears. He became alert.

"Sneha? Sneha Khatri?" He asked, unintentionally adding his surname to her name.

"Are you Sneha Khatri?" He heard the receptionist ask the visitor.

He knew it couldn't be her!

Sneha's brows rose in surprise as she heard his name attached to hers.

"No. Sneha Bohra." She corrected him and Viraj could easily hear her soft voice. It wasn't new to him. He had been keeping track of her on a daily basis. What surprised her was that how come her bodyguards did not inform him about her visit here!

"No, sir. Sneha Bohra is here to meet you." The man replied on phone.

Viraj took a deep breath...His own heartbeat escalated.

He waited a full half minute to respond.

"Hello, sir?"

"Ask her to go back home." He finally replied.

"Okay, sir."

The receptionist cancelled the call and put the receiver back.

"Mr Khatri seems busy, ma'am. He asked you to go back home."

Sneha froze. She had imagined all kinds of scenarios when she was on the bus. She had even prepared the dialogues that she would use in her defence if he gets argumentative...or even romantic!

But, not even once did she imagine him straightaway denying meeting her at all!

"He does not?" She confirmed and the shock was clear in her tone.

"Yes, ma'am."

Sneha still stood there for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and accepting the truth.

"Okay. I'll go. Could you please give this cake to him?" She asked.

"I don't think so, ma'am. Mr Khatri sounded very reluctant to meet anyone."

"Just let him know about it. If he asks you to throw this away, you may."

"Uhh...Okay. I'll send someone to give it to him."

"Thank you so much, sir! May I also write a short note for him?"

The receptionist hesitated but still nodded. He was sure that Viraj will ask them to throw it away anyway. So, why not agree with this young girl with everything for her sake?

Sneha took the sticky note from the table and asked for a pen.

She thought of how to convey her message to him in short and crisp words.

After a minute, she finally started scribbling in her unique barely legible handwriting.

'Please visit your parents and sister when you can.'  She wrote quickly.

"Here. Please give it to him." She asked and the receptionist accepted it with a professional smile.

Sneha turned around to leave the building.

.

.

.

Viraj immediately called one of Sneha's guards.

"Where are you all?" He asked.

"We are at your penthouse premise, sir. Your wife is also here."

"Why didn't you inform me that Sneha was coming to meet me?"

"Uhh...You told us to keep an eye on her and ensure she is always safe. We didn't know we had to inform you if she was coming to meet you." The guard answered.

"Make sure she reaches her home safely. Send me her photo of reaching home." He ordered.

"Yes, sir."

Viraj cancelled the call.

After about 10 minutes, his doorbell rang and he went to answer it.

"I didn't order food." He told the boy who held the paper bag in his hand.

"Sir, this is not your delivery. Ms Sneha Bohra has requested to send you this parcel. She said if you want it to be thrown away, then you may. She has also given this note along with this parcel for you." The boy said and Viraj instantly held the items from his hand.

"You may go." Viraj slammed the door shut.

Like a child, he rushed to his bed and sat on it to open the content.

He took out the note first and read it.

'Please visit your parents and sister when you can.' He read aloud, almost mimicking her tone.

"So, my mother asked you to meet me." He mumbled. Only this made sense to him. Otherwise, she wouldn't have come to meet him, he knew. His father won't even dare to approach her after the huge argument he and his father had on the day that he sent the divorce papers to Sneha.

"Your wish is my command, darling!" He spoke under his breath and a soft smile grazed his lips.

Keeping the note aside gently, he opened the cuboidal box carefully. He was surprised to see a beautiful butterscotch cake inside it. On top of it was written in beautiful calligraphy: Happy birthday.

"She remembered!" He whispered...almost surprised.

He stared at the cake for a moment before picking up the plastic spoon from the bag and having a bite of it. He wasn't a fan of sweets, but this small thing...he relished its taste. After all, his wife had sent it for him.

Fifteen minutes later, Viraj had finished the cake and he stood up to change his dress to something formal.

He decided to honour his wife's request.

He quickly texted his father.

"I am coming home." He typed, deciding to attend the birthday party that his father had hosted for him...just like all these years.

.

.

.

{Hey all!

So, what do you think?

I finally updated on Friday, just like how I used to.

Thank you for your support.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.

Follow me here and on Instagram for more updates and spoilers.

Till the next update...BYEEEEE and take care!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 79 14
It's a love story between a college girl and a handsome ceo πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ Swetha Natrajan❀️ She is a 20 years college girls who is s...
1.1M 53.3K 71
Stood Third place winner in romance category of STARLIGHT AWARDS! Previously known as "Making her mine" "Get ready . You have only 20 mins". He order...
9.8K 510 8
Is daur-e-siyaasat ka itna sa fasana hai, basti bhi jalani hai maatam bhi manana hai !!πŸ–€ π–π‘πšπ­ 𝐰𝐒π₯π₯ 𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐒𝐟𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬...