Come Back to Me (Don't Save M...

Por AccioTherapists

Harry's fourth year begins and all hell breaks loose as secrets are revealed and Y/n's past comes back to hau... Más

Chapter 1: Nightmare
Chapter 2: Amos Diggory
Chapter 3: Teasing
Chapter 4: Men in Masks
Chapter 5: The Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 6: Bait
Chapter 7: Hermione
Chapter 8: Control
Chapter 9: The Dragon
Chapter 11: Reputation
Chapter 12: Study Hall
Chapter 13: Keep Talking
Chapter 14: Obey
Chapter 15: Nervous
Chapter 16: Mistletoe
Chapter 17: We Should All Be Worrying
Chapter 18: Jealousy
Chapter 19: The Dream
Chapter 20: The Second Task
Chapter 21: We Were Just Kids
Chapter 22: Sirius
Chapter 23: Safe?
Chapter 24: Coincidences
Chapter 25: Just a Walk
Chapter 26: Polyjuice
Chapter 27: Blood of the Daughter
Chapter 28: Loyalty
Chapter 29: Imperio
Chapter 30: Who is Alastor Moody?
Chapter 31: Healing
Chapter 32: The Minister
Chapter 33: Take Care of Yourself
Chapter 34: Comfort
Chapter 35: The Truth
Chapter 36: How Long?
Chapter 37: Regulus
Chapter 38: Mine
Chapter 39: It's Not Your Fault
Chapter 40: Home
Chapter 41: The Animagus
Chapter 42: You Can Talk To Me
Chapter 43: Lunch
Chapter 44: Lies
Chapter 45: Born to a Monster
Chapter 46: Promises
Chapter 47: The Potion
Chapter 48: Restless Night
Chapter 49: The Meeting
Chapter 50: Betrayal
Chapter 51: Rumors
Chapter 52: Don't Say It
Chapter 53: Show's Over
Chapter 54: You Didn't?
Chapter 55: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 56: Running Again
Chapter 57: Goodbye
Chapter 58: Friends
Chapter 59: The Hearing
Chapter 60: The Surprise
Chapter 61: Reunion
Chapter 62: Stay Out of Trouble
Chapter 63: Family
Chapter 64: Breakup
Chapter 65: The Patronus
Chapter 66: All We Want
Chapter 67: Weakness
Chapter 68: Animals and Friends
Chapter 69: The Boggart
Chapter 70: Where's Home?
Chapter 71: More Secrets
Chapter 72: The Task
Chapter 73: Work It Out
Chapter 74: Nothing to Worry About
Chapter 75: Don't Anger the Pink Toad
Chapter 76: Fired
Chapter 77: Toad
Chapter 78: Gossip Chat
Chapter 79: Sacked
Chapter 80: Authority
Chapter 81: A United Front
Chapter 82: Occlumency
Chapter 83: The Attack
Chapter 84: Failed
Chapter 85: Promises and Reunions
Chapter 86: My Lady
Chapter 87: It's Begun

Chapter 10: Healing

297 19 1
Por AccioTherapists

Bright lights obscured my vision as I tried to open my eyes, blinking away the fuzziness. I groaned as I tried to move my arm and was met with searing pain.

"Darling?" I turned toward the sound of Severus's voice. I blinked a few more times and his dark onyx eyes came into view. I smiled softly at him and he breathed a sigh of relief as he brought my hand to his lips. "Thank Merlin. I was so worried."

I saw Minerva sitting next to him, a bright smile on her face, as Poppy walked toward my bed, a small vial in her hand.

"How are you feeling, dear?"

"Like I got attacked by a dragon," I chuckled. She smiled softly at me before placing the vial to my lips.

"A potion for the pain, dear," she said as I swallowed the potion. "I'm going to take a look at the wound, now, dear... this may hurt a bit. The potion will help but there's only so much I can do, so... brace yourself."

I nodded and Severus placed a hand on my good shoulder as I gripped his other hand tightly. Poppy began removing the blood-soaked bandages, tossing them in the trash. The wound was no longer open as the salve she had placed on it before wrapping had done most of the healing work. She carefully began cleaning the area and a burning sensation spread through my arm. I clenched my jaw, gripping Severus's hand tightly, as I tried to control my screams.

"I'm here, baby... I'm here," he whispered, burying his face in my neck as I turned toward him, burying mine in his hair, soft whimpers leaving my lips. "I know, baby... I know. It'll be over soon," he soothed, pressing soft kisses on my neck.

"Poppy, how much longer?" Minerva asked.

"Almost done," she replied as she reapplied a salve to my arm and the burning increased. "I know, dear. I'm so sorry," she whispered, wrapping the wound.

Severus lifted his face from my neck, pressing his lips to my forehead, as I gripped his hand tightly.

"There, all done, dear," Poppy said, getting rid of the bandages before gently touching my arm and heading to her office.

"You did wonderful, darling," Severus said, smoothing my hair away from my face.

"It hurts, Sev," I whimpered as a dull ache began to settle in my shoulder.

"I know, baby. Just rest, now," he soothed, gently rubbing my cheek.

"Is Harry okay?" I asked as I felt myself growing tired.

"Yes, love. He retrieved the egg with no problem. He's fine."

"That's good," I murmured, feeling my eyelids growing heavy.

"Just rest, baby," he soothed and I slipped away, allowing sleep to take me.

...

I slipped in and out of consciousness over the next few hours. I remember Severus holding my hand through all of it and Poppy changing the bandages a few more times. She said I wouldn't have a scar and I was happy about that. Harry had been in to visit me and I congratulated him on defeating the dragon before I slipped out of consciousness again.

...

I awoke to the feeling of a hand on my forehead before I opened my eyes, seeing Poppy standing over me.

"Ah, she's awake. We were getting worried, dear."

"Why?" I asked.

"You spiked a fever about an hour ago and we couldn't get you to wake up. We were worried about an infection but nothing seemed to be wrong."

"We were so worried, darling," Severus whispered and I could see tears in his eyes as he held my hand in his.

"I'm alright, Sev," I said, giving him a soft smile as he rubbed my cheek softly.

"She's a strong girl, Severus," Poppy said. "In fact, I think she'll be okay to leave the hospital wing tomorrow if she doesn't spike a fever overnight."

"Poppy, what do you think caused the fever?" Severus asked, seeming worried.

"Oh, it could be any number of reasons, Severus. Most likely she was in some pain and it caused her fever to spike. I don't see any sign of infection so I suspect it was just a one time thing. Besides, I suspect you'll bring her back to me at the first sign of trouble."

I chuckled at this as Severus smiled, looking down at me.

"We all know that's true," I said, smiling as I squeezed his hand. "This is good news, Sev." I saw fear in his eyes and that worried me. "Sev, what is it?"

He looked up at Poppy and she immediately understood. She nodded toward us before heading to her office, leaving Severus and I alone.

"Severus, what is it?" I asked, growing worried. I looked around, noticing Minerva was no longer in the room.

"About an hour ago... Minerva had to help Albus with a misbehaving student. Not long after she left... my left arm started to burn. Not long after that happened... you spiked a fever. No one knew why and I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but..."

"I don't think it was a coincidence, Sev," I whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"Show me your arm."

"What?" he asked, growing nervous.

"You know exactly what, Severus. Show me your arm."

He sighed, knowing I wasn't going to let go of this. I slowly sat up, feeling a familiar burning in my chest. I winced, clutching my chest and Severus held my body upright.

"Darling, are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I breathed, sitting up fully, my back resting on several pillows. "Show me your arm."

He began unbuttoning the cuffs of his sleeve, carefully lifting it, and exposing his veiny arm. He turned it over, exposing what should have been a faded Dark Mark. My breath hitched as I saw the black returning to the once faded mark, the snake curling around itself before reaching the end of the arm, its mouth open. I reached my hand up toward his arm but he seemed to flinch slightly. I looked up, locking eyes with him.

"May I?"

He gave me a slight nod and I lifted my hand to his arm, carefully touching the skin. I traced the lines of the mark, noticing how it began moving and he winced in pain at the same moment I felt a burning in my chest. It stopped moving and my pain subsided.

"When did this start?" I asked, tracing the snake around the skull's head, reaching the open mouth, before moving my hand back up, trailing around the skull.

"Just after the Quidditch World Cup."

My movements faltered and I felt my hand gripping underneath his arm as my other hand rested on the mark.

"And you didn't tell me?" I asked.

"You had enough to worry about... especially once Harry was entered in the tournament. I didn't want to worry you."

"Severus... we are together. I want you to worry me if something like this comes up. You don't have to go through this alone anymore."

I saw tears in his eyes as he lifted his other hand to my cheek, gently rubbing it.

"I promise not to keep anything like this from you again," he assured as I gave him a soft smile before looking down at the Dark Mark again.

"How often does it burn?"

"Not very often, though it seems to be much more active today. It hasn't really been bothering me since the World Cup. Usually I just notice it getting darker but, today, it's a bit more painful."

"I'm sorry, my love."

"It's not your fault. I made my choice," he replied bitterly, guilt in his eyes.

"You're a good man, Severus," I soothed and he smiled at me.

"What did you mean when you said it wasn't a coincidence?"

"You're probably going to think I'm crazy, but... at the World Cup, after I saw the mark in the sky, I got a weird burning in my chest. I hadn't felt it again until today... at the same time your mark moved."

"You're right... that is crazy," he replied, giving me a soft smile, though I could see the concern in his eyes.

"It's just a coincidence... right?"

"Of course it is, darling," he assured, though I could tell he didn't believe it.

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming from Poppy's office and Severus quickly rolled down his sleeve as I let go of his arm.

"What are you doing sitting up?!" Poppy exclaimed.

"Poppy, I'm fine," I chuckled. "I've been laying here for the entire day. I'm fine. You've done a great job."

She looked as if she wanted to argue but when she saw Severus grab my hand, giving me his signature smile, she decided against it, giving us a smile.

"Any sign that she isn't doing well and you better call for me, Severus," she said.

"Of course, Poppy," he assured and she walked away, leaving Severus and I alone, extremely worried, though neither of us would admit it.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

14K 621 28
[Star Wars x Harry Potter Crossover] [YEAR 3] After recovering the events last year in the chamber of secrets, Y/N and Harry prepare to return to sch...
615K 12.4K 46
These are a collection of all kinds of fanfiction I've written for the dear marauder over a long period of time. Hope you enjoy!
69.6K 1.7K 41
After Sirius breaks your heart you and regulus get closer
7.8K 449 13
𝒐. where regulus black has a one-night stand with his best friend's crush. ━━━ ❛ if something goes terribly wrong, find me on the other si...