Come Back to Me (Don't Save M...

By AccioTherapists

Harry's fourth year begins and all hell breaks loose as secrets are revealed and Y/n's past comes back to hau... More

Chapter 1: Nightmare
Chapter 2: Amos Diggory
Chapter 3: Teasing
Chapter 5: The Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 6: Bait
Chapter 7: Hermione
Chapter 8: Control
Chapter 9: The Dragon
Chapter 10: Healing
Chapter 11: Reputation
Chapter 12: Study Hall
Chapter 13: Keep Talking
Chapter 14: Obey
Chapter 15: Nervous
Chapter 16: Mistletoe
Chapter 17: We Should All Be Worrying
Chapter 18: Jealousy
Chapter 19: The Dream
Chapter 20: The Second Task
Chapter 21: We Were Just Kids
Chapter 22: Sirius
Chapter 23: Safe?
Chapter 24: Coincidences
Chapter 25: Just a Walk
Chapter 26: Polyjuice
Chapter 27: Blood of the Daughter
Chapter 28: Loyalty
Chapter 29: Imperio
Chapter 30: Who is Alastor Moody?
Chapter 31: Healing
Chapter 32: The Minister
Chapter 33: Take Care of Yourself
Chapter 34: Comfort
Chapter 35: The Truth
Chapter 36: How Long?
Chapter 37: Regulus
Chapter 38: Mine
Chapter 39: It's Not Your Fault
Chapter 40: Home
Chapter 41: The Animagus
Chapter 42: You Can Talk To Me
Chapter 43: Lunch
Chapter 44: Lies
Chapter 45: Born to a Monster
Chapter 46: Promises
Chapter 47: The Potion
Chapter 48: Restless Night
Chapter 49: The Meeting
Chapter 50: Betrayal
Chapter 51: Rumors
Chapter 52: Don't Say It
Chapter 53: Show's Over
Chapter 54: You Didn't?
Chapter 55: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 56: Running Again
Chapter 57: Goodbye
Chapter 58: Friends
Chapter 59: The Hearing
Chapter 60: The Surprise
Chapter 61: Reunion
Chapter 62: Stay Out of Trouble
Chapter 63: Family
Chapter 64: Breakup
Chapter 65: The Patronus
Chapter 66: All We Want
Chapter 67: Weakness
Chapter 68: Animals and Friends
Chapter 69: The Boggart
Chapter 70: Where's Home?
Chapter 71: More Secrets
Chapter 72: The Task
Chapter 73: Work It Out
Chapter 74: Nothing to Worry About
Chapter 75: Don't Anger the Pink Toad
Chapter 76: Fired
Chapter 77: Toad
Chapter 78: Gossip Chat
Chapter 79: Sacked
Chapter 80: Authority
Chapter 81: A United Front
Chapter 82: Occlumency
Chapter 83: The Attack
Chapter 84: Failed
Chapter 85: Promises and Reunions
Chapter 86: My Lady
Chapter 87: It's Begun

Chapter 4: Men in Masks

378 18 4
By AccioTherapists

We were walking toward our seats, climbing up the stairs, when I heard a familiar voice.

"Well, put it this way.... If it rains, you'll be the first to know," Lucius said, answering Ron's question as to how high up we were. I rolled my eyes before turning toward Lucius, though he couldn't see me.

"Father and I are in the Minister's box... by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself," Draco said, proudly. Lucius turned around, jabbing his cane into Draco's stomach.

"Don't boast, Draco. There's no need with these people," he hissed. Harry turned around, preparing to walk away when Lucius lifted his cane, catching Harry's jacket. I quickly stepped forward, removing his cane from Harry's jacket, and moving Harry behind me.

"Y/n! Didn't see you there, love. What on earth are you doing here with the Weasley family?" There was a slight look of fear in his eyes once he realized I was there but it quickly disappeared, making me wonder if I had imagined it.

"I was invited," I replied.

"Honestly, you should have asked me. I could have gotten you much better seats."

"I'm quite alright with the seats I have, thank you," I hissed, growing angry with him. "I suggest you keep your hands off of Harry and mind your tongue when speaking to Arthur and his family."

"Oh, please. Why should I care?"

"Because if you care about me at all, you'll leave well enough alone," I hissed. His eyes softened for a brief moment before locking on Harry.

"Do enjoy yourself, won't you?... While you can... Oh, and Y/n?" he said, looking at me once again. "Be safe tonight." With that he walked away, leaving me confused as I returned to Severus.

"What was that about?" he whispered.

"No idea... but stay close to me tonight. I don't like the way he said that... Did you see how afraid he looked when he saw I was here? It was as if he was worried or something... and the way he said to be safe..."

"Something's going to happen tonight," Severus finished, already knowing what I was going to say. He took my hand in his, pulling me close to him as we made our way toward our seats, completely unaware of the men in masks preparing their attack.

***

The tournament passed smoothly, though Lucius's words rang in my ear. I couldn't get them out of my head but I tried to focus on enjoying the tournament.

By the end of the night many of us were dancing and drinking, though Severus wasn't interested in joining the Weasley family in their celebrations. He told me to enjoy the festivities and we would meet back up in a few hours. Everything was going fine and I seemed to have forgotten Lucius's words but I was quickly reminded when Arthur came running into the tent.

"Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on," one of the twins said, laughing, but Arthur quickly stopped them.

"Stop that! It's not the Irish!" he hissed. "We need to get out of here!"

"Arthur, what's going on?" I asked.

"Death Eaters. They're here."

"What!?"

"I've got to go and help the Ministry, but the kids... I-."

"I've got them, Arthur. I'll go and grab Severus from our tent and we'll get them out of here."

"Thank you," he sighed in relief as we made our way out of the tent. As soon as we stepped out of the tent I saw Severus leaving our tent and quickly running toward us.

"Y/n! Oh, thank Merlin!" he said, relieved, as he pulled me into his arms. "Sev, we've got to get the kids out of here." I moved closer to him. "And you cannot be seen not helping the Death Eaters, so we need to get you out of here, too."

He nodded, taking my hand as the rest of the Weasley family rushed out of their tent.

"Get back to the Portkey everybody and stick together!" Arthur called, taking out his wand. Ginny clung to my side as Arthur gave us one final look, nodding to me as a thank you, before running off to fight the Death Eaters.

"Alright, all of you, let's go!" I called, gathering the kids and making our way toward the Portkey. Screams filled the air as we left the scene, making our way back to the Portkey. I looked behind me, realizing we were missing three kids.

"Where are Ron, Hermione, and Harry?" I asked.

"Damn it, Potter," Severus hissed.

"Severus, get them out of here."

"What!? If you think I'm leaving you here, you're out of your mind!"

"Severus, if the Death Eaters catch you here, you are done for! Please, I need you to get them out of here! Please, Severus! Do this for me!"

He looked as if he wanted to argue more but decided against it. They grabbed the Portkey and spun away as I ran toward the field, hearing the screams dying out.

"Morsmordre!" I heard someone shout before a flash of green erupted in the sky and a skull appeared, followed by a snake slithering out of its mouth. I couldn't tell where the voice had come from and I couldn't see anyone. I heard Ron and Hermione calling for Harry and I quickly followed the sound of their voices.

I soon found the three of them embracing and they ran toward me, pulling me into a hug.

"Are you three alright?"

"We're fine. Is everyone else okay?"

"Yes, they're fine. I had Severus get them out so I could come back for you. I'm sorry, I thought you were right behind us... I-I never would have left if I'd known."

"No, it's alright, Aunt Y/n. The crowd pulled me in the opposite direction. I couldn't get back to you. I'm glad you got the rest of them out," Harry said as he pulled me into another hug.

Suddenly we heard someone yell and red sparks shot from wands around us. I quickly pulled the kids down as the spell nearly missed the top of my head.

"Stop! That's my son!" Arthur yelled, pushing past a group of Ministry workers.

"Ron! Harry! Hermione! Y/n! Are you alright? Y/n, did everyone else make it out?"

"Yes, we're alright. I sent Severus with the rest of them. He got them out."

"Which of you conjured it!?" Barty Crouch yelled, aiming his wand at us. I quickly pushed the kids behind me as Crouch's wand pointed directly at my face.

"Crouch! You can't possibly-," Arthur began before he was cut off.

"Do not lie! You've been discovered at the scene of the crime!"

"Crime? What crime?" Harry asked, confused.

"Barty! They're just kids!" Arthur reasoned.

"Then it must've been her!" Crouch yelled, his wand nearly inches from my eye. "Grab her!"

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands grab my arms, cuffing them as I was pulled away from the kids. I heard several screams of protest as Harry tried to lunge for me but Hermione held him back.

"Crouch! Are you out of your mind?!" Arthur hissed.

"We've found her at the scene of the crime!"

"Y/n is Harry's godmother! Her best friends were killed by You-Know-Who! Why on earth would she summon the Dark Mark!?" Arthur said, trying to reason with Barty.

"Perhaps she was working for him all along!" Barty retorted. "Perhaps she was in on it with Sirius Black when the Potters were killed!"

"You bastard," I hissed, my voice dangerously low as I tried to keep my composure.

"Let her go!" Harry called, still trying to get to me.

"I suggest you don't interfere, boy, or you'll be next!" the man behind me said, holding my arm as the enchanted cuffs bound my arms behind my back, preventing me from using any magic.

"Harry, it's okay. It'll be okay. Arthur, you need to get them out of here! Whoever really conjured that could still be lurking somewhere. Take them back to the Portkey. Severus will be on the other side, waiting for you. Tell him I love him and to not do anything stupid. Go find Dumbledore. He'll know what to do!"

"There's no way we are letting this happen!" Arthur said, stepping close to me before he was stopped by Barty holding a wand to his throat.

"Back off, Weasley!"

"Crouch! We've worked together for years! I've known Y/n for longer than that! She wouldn't do this! You can't just arrest her when there's no proof! You and I both know that is illegal!" he hissed, stepping closer to Crouch. "How would the public feel if they learned you were arresting someone without any proof and before questioning the other witnesses. Did you even ask them if they saw anything? No! You simply accused them and then accused Y/n! I suggest you let her go before I take this matter to the Daily Prophet. I suspect that wouldn't bode well for your reelection campaign and I'm certain Cornelius Fudge wouldn't appreciate this either."

Barty looked down before turning to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Did you see who cast it?"

"I-I didn't see his face, but there was a man... o-over there," Harry said, pointing to an empty clearing between some tents.

"All of you! This way!" Barty called. "Let the girl go," he said before running toward the clearing. The cuffs released my wrists and I pulled them in front of me, rubbing the place they had dug into my skin. Arthur quickly moved toward me, grabbing my hands, looking at the marks the cuffs had left.

"Merlin's beard, they always tighten those damn things so much," he said angrily. "Are you alright, Y/n?"

"I'm fine, Arthur. Thank you for that. I'd be on my way to Azkaban right now if it weren't for you."

"Over my dead body," he replied, pulling me into a hug. When we separated, Harry escaped Hermione's hold and ran over to me.

"Aunt Y/n!" he called, crashing into me, wrapping his arms around me. "A-are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Harry... I promise," I assured him, kissing his forehead.

We made our way to the Portkey, leaving behind the burnt campsite and the Dark Mark that somehow left a burning feeling in my chest that I couldn't explain.

***

The earth swirled beneath us before we let go of the Portkey. Severus was standing in the woods near the kids when we gracefully landed. He ran toward me, pulling me into his arms.

"Oh, thank Merlin. Y/n I was so worried. Are you alright?" He carefully searched my eyes before his eyes settled on my wrists. "What the hell happened?" he asked, taking my wrists in his hands, looking them over.

"I was arrested. The Dark Mark was cast in the sky and they accused me of doing it. Thanks to Arthur they let me go."

Severus looked up at Arthur, his eyes softening. "Thank you," he said before quickly turning back to me. He lifted my hands to his lips, pressing kisses over the bruises.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you, my love," he whispered, pressing his lips to my forehead.

"It's fine, Sev. I'm sort of used to it. The Ministry is constantly accusing me. It was the same when they thought I was working with Sirius. I'm used to it."

"You shouldn't have to be used to it, my love."

I gave him a small smile, wrapping my arms around his waist, allowing myself to feel safe in his arms as my adrenaline began wearing off. I felt tears slipping down my cheeks as I realized I could have ended up in Azkaban tonight, simply because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. They would have arrested me without any proof simply because I was there. What would happen when they learned who I was related to? What would happen when they actually had a reason to suspect me? A reason to hate me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

615K 12.4K 46
These are a collection of all kinds of fanfiction I've written for the dear marauder over a long period of time. Hope you enjoy!
409 19 18
A collection of x Reader one-shots. more info inside :) Latest chapter: New beginnings- Sirius Black Requests closed for the time being
44.1K 1.6K 41
A HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION BOOK FOUR IN THE LUCY SNAPE SERIES It's Lucy's fourth year at Hogwarts. Everywhere Lucy, Shona and Snape go they have to b...
37 0 13
The start of Regulus Black's sixth year at Hogwarts could not be going worse, but when James Potter unexpectedly comes to his aid, things begin to ch...