Thorns Around Roses

By callyhhh

mature More

the call
the passengers
unexpected
bedrest
butterflies
Roses
the visit
slipped
Reality
trouble knocks
heartfelt
state of mind
the turn
sharp snatch
IT'S halal.
spikes
Sweet et sour
Two can play.
the visitors
spotlight
wedlock
cover lick.
turn of event
new
love like
Exposed.
exposè et conceal
Harka
pressure
fortuitous
the 3rd wife.
commotions
flames to blaze
burnt.
Everyone is a narcissist.
her royal highness
Royal highness(2)

twist

30 2 1
By callyhhh

Hey guys, I know it's been a minute and I apologize for slacking. However i hope to meet your expectations.

KHALIFA.

"What are we going to do now? We are about to be blackmaiĺed khalifa". She said being worried.

" honnestly I have no idea ........ darrrn." I said scratching my head.

" this is dangerous,"

" it is "

" khalifa it's beyond us"

" it's not beyond GOD. Let's hope on him okay...?"

"Sure" as usual a tear was about to drop from her eyes

" no no no, I won't take that. It's not accepted at all"

" I wasn't going to"

" you better dont" my phone rang and the caller I. D was fati.

" khalifa I am sorry for what happened earlier" she said over the phone

" That was demeaning and deraging"

" kayi hakuri,"

" it's okay"

" are you coming back?"

" do you want me to come back"

" ofcourse"

" on my way then. Meanwhile I am famished"

" noted" she said. I got to the front  gate to drop sana and make my turn back to fati's place.

" with a heavy heart I have to drop you and get back" she  grabbed her stuff and made her way out quickly

" and what was that for"

" khalifa obviously we have a more pressing issue at hand, however, all you can think of, is running back into her arms" how can sana be this silly

" what exactly is your problem sana" I said getting agitated

" I murdered somebody, I am at a verge of being caught and you careless"

" how do you mean I careless"

" it's obvious" she added.

" YOU murdered somebody not  me " I said that without filtering my words and her eyes bulge out.

" you didn't say that to me"  

    " oh yes I did, just get down from my car" and I zoomed off.

How can sana be this ungrateful. I really want to stay with her, however, I have to look transparent else we would end up being caught. 

Mtswww. I need time to think.
         the drive back was quiet and fast, I got back in time as every one was leaving. 
Hajia Hanna with the crowd behind her, they all came out to see her off in a grand style. Our eyes met and I looked away.

" I promise to join forces to find the culprit behind this massacre"

" massacre you said hajia"

" yes because fahad is many people"

" obviously"

" This is an inhumane act. I promise to see to the end of this." She added.
Hmmm we shall see to that. I said in my mind

" hajia mungode, commissioner is also making his efforts. Fahad didn't deserve to die like that."

" need not to worry, I have made my promise, who so ever has a hand in this,  will be brought to justice soonest IN SHA ALLAH. " she said firmly with her eyes fixed on mine

" keep bluffing madam" I said in my mind
I applaud her tenacity. Don't know if she wished I did it. 
I was going to say something else, but I let it  slide coz my mum will flinch if I do. We preach peace you know. Hasina and rayha approached me.

" you  didn't come back with her?"they inquired

" she's home"

" when you get back to the house, tell her to start packing" they became alarmed

" to to to where" hasina stuttered

" the new house "

" wow what a relief"

" also, the day after  tomorrow is the uku, she could come for the prayers if she's interested. Goodnight"  I stepped into the house, walked down to fati's room and fell on the bed

oh my world. I shouldnt have said that to sana, But she was beginning to irritate me. How many times do i have to tell her its important we act normal and transparent.
Huh.
Maybe she was just being jealous i was going back to fati. But i have to.....oh sanaaaaaaa.
I tried calling and she isn't picking, I flung the phone and Sleep took the better part of me.

           The following morning, I  tried to reach her but she wasn't picking, so I ignored her too. Maybe we both need space. I stayed althrough with the commissioner and received more guests, we prayed inbetween and ate. Fati was getting used to the fact that her brother is no more. she has loosened up a little.
People who came, talked about the deceased as a perfect gentleman, they said many nice things about him which was pleasant to the ears but my ears were blocked.  nothing in this world could cleanse that stain from my mind. I forgive him thou, That's what islam preaches right, to forgive and forget.
Sana is still not picking she wants to drive me crazy. Urghhhhh

Sana.

I lost it the moment he said that to me. I sat back and really thought about it. I came to my conclusions,
     Whatever calamity strikes a man, he should only and solely  rely upon ALLAH'S  help alone. I indeed made a grave mistake of telling him of my predicament.  I got inside and cried an ocean. After that, I gave my self some words of encouragement. I braced my self and will learn to face my problems independently. I should stop being a baby and grow up. Grow up sana. I was getting ready for bed when rayha and hasina entered

"Sana these days you have been unavailable"

" tell me what's up. Menene"

"Please I am going to bed. Make sure you switch off the lights. " I said.  I left the bed for them and made way my to the couch with my duvet in hand.

" Sana" they called out but I ignored them

" very well then, I see you  keeping secrets from me but atleast tell your sister"

" even worst" I said. I covered my face

" khalifa yace you should start packing to the new house from tomorrow" she added. I was surprised he made that decision. I uncovered my face and stared at them for a while. Then I covered my face back.  I took my phone and ordered for new sets of furnitures, made my payment and sent them the address.

         The next morning, I woke up to a million missed calls from him. Like I care. After fajr,  i made sure I hurried to the new house and waited for my furniture to arrive which came two hours later. I supervised how I wanted them to be placed and soon enough we were done. I look at the decore and I was satisfied.
They left and I settled on the new cushion and cried my life. I know I am dying silently but I need to be strong enough until I find a way out.
  Inshort, I reached a decision of packing and moving in today, maybe an entirely new environment could be a therapy. I called some of the helps at home and Together we moved my things.
I made sure I occupied my mind that i don't have to think of my reality.  After insha, I was practically too tired. My girls had no idea I have moved completely coz they've been busy with the others, while I sneaked to arrange my new house.
The house is painted white and I used a navy blue cushions in my parlour, my bedroom has white bedsettings and and a green rug spread allover, while his bedroom  and parlour was brown with a touch of gold. everywhere was sparkling new and screaming class. I liked it. I outdid my self with the decorations looking so beautiful. last but not the least, before I got into the bathroom, I put on some insence (Tulare wuta)which bombarded my nostril awesomely along with the aircondtioner. It feels heanvenly, i took a moment to perceive its grace.  The ambience was just lit.
Stepping into the bathroom, I filled the bathtub with warm water, a touch of rose water, and  some lemon. I entered and I could feel it helping me to relax. I closed my eyes to absorb the moment. I wished things never got rough. It's not easy but I have to help my self.

          The following morning,  My housekeeper came forth to announce the arrival of the potential  new workers I requested for, 

"I will join them shortly"

" okay ma"

" lami "

" yes ma" she was trying to hoard something with an unessessary smile

"Out with it"

" the house looks amazing. I love every detail about it.  all the arrangements, not loud And yet  very classy. Indeed this is the aircommodore's house"

" it's so fineeee" she added

" well thank you. I need to shower and attend to the guests after which I will be heading for the uku prayers"

" sure, breakfast will soon be ready in a giffy"

" okay. I will be done shortly, please don't be hostile to them. Be nice"

"  of course" she left. It was hard to get out of bed but I did. within minutes, I was done. I wore my skinny jeans and a body hug using my burgundy long hijab, I matched it with same colour sneakers, I placed my sunshade on my head, a little dab of lip gloss and I stepped out.

        I stepped into the mini parlour and I didn't see anybody,

"Salam. Wats going on here.  lami!!!" I shouted

" ma" she came forward

" where are they, I thou...."

" sir ordered them out"

" who is sir" and she pointed out towards his sitting room. I moved forward and I saw khalifa standing with both hands in his pocket. He looked clean dope. Why so handsome even when I am angry at him darrrn.

" good morning and why did you send them out, I was going to  screen them." I said boldly

" I have applied in an organisation for that "

" very well then" I said putting my shades on, I looked at lami

" I will skip breakfast. However for lunch I have  guests coming. Rayha and hasina"

" yes ma" I started moving towards the door then he spoke

" lami leave us"

" yes sir"

" you are needed at the police headquarters by noon sharp. obviously, that's after the fidua prayers." he said firmly and walked pass me. There and then I felt a pang on my chest. I went down straight on my kneels I have been found guilty of homicide. 
With the last strength in me, I made two rakas and headed out. Once I was out, I saw Ahmad in the garage, I knew something was up.

" I was  specifically ordered to drive you, whether you like it or not"

" what's the meaning of this....."

" Sana please  enter the car.  this is not up for an argument. you know I would not compromise my work. " he said shutting me up. he drove swiftly untill we got to the house. I wiped my tears and made sure I was not sobber. The moment I stepped out of the car, ashraf's wife  ( maryam) was the first I saw.

" shigo daga nan, that other entrance has been closed."

" goodmorning" I said following her lead. I came just in time the prayer was concluded. 

" you are quite late coz they just concluded the prayers. Does it even matter. It's the intention that does  my dear......." She said

" what a loss"

" ALLAH YA JIKAN MUSLUMAI"

" AMEEN"

" Sana, because of you now ashraf is beginning to see me" she said making us stop on the way

" I don't understand " I said being curious

"  one day he came back to the house and used  three sentences that changed my marriage entirely.

" how do you mean"

" I quote"

   *You all dislike sana because you can never be like her.

    *You all act thesame because you don't know what you want in life.

  *If only you could fill your hearts with positivity and learn to stand out,  then you are about to get it right.

" he said that? " I asked

" he did " she said firmly.

" there is alot going on everywhere"

" Sana ashraf doesn't look at me at all.  So I sat back and asked my self what exactly do I want in life, what exactly do I gain moving with the flock, then I made my choice not necessarily following your footsteps, rather be independent away from all the skimming. It's tiring and not satisfying. " she said leaning a hand on my shoulder

" this is new"

" it is "

" walahi we are not happy fa. Inshort it's a way of channelling the frustration ne kawai"

" I didn't see that coming"

" for the record, I am out. Wana concentrate on my home now. It has to work. It's barely two years and huhh,  such a mess. I have been following bunch of confused people"

" maryam it's all bygone. Besides I have more pressing issues" I said knowing she wants to apologise

" no you don't. The way khalifa adores you is commendable. I mean it's always about sana. Two hours ago he kept asking if you've arrived.

* Has anyone seen sana.
*Is she here yet and more.
come on,   the only time ashraf  cares to know my whereabouts is when he wants something done. He just calls without any courtesy,  no greetings nothing nothing, kawai straight to the point.
*Where is my stuff.?
*are you coming back today or I lock my door ?

" darrrrn. no he didn't  do that"

" hmmmm my dear it's not all rosey. If I open ashraf's chapter, you will faint."

" but he is a gentleman"

" that's what everyone says, I can't say thesame. Sana let me not bore you"

" no, I rather it is a gist for another day" I said. We walked a bit and I joined my friends.

" toh what are you two up to? You and maryam. Really"rayha said.

" I see You are recruiting new members to your......" hasina said

" your husband has been looking for you and why do you look so fineeeee and yet worried" rayha added

" Sana what is really  going on . Girlfriend are you gonna talk to me or what"  my eyes formed tears. I excused my self and got inside to greet everyone. After that, I got back to my car. rayha  tailed me to the car. I was sobbing

" hey gurl talk to me. Menene you've  been acting  strange  and I don't like it. Is it khalifa? "

......no

" hajia Hanna"

" no "

" his mum"

" no"

" fati"

"No"

" toh wanene.  You even packed without telling us. What is going on sana. Talk to me"

" I am silently dying "

" Sana, then please tell me what's the problem"she said with much concern. I stared at her and had a reflect.  how she's been with me through every moment. The ups and downs of life. How our friendship has been a test. I should just tell her

" fahad ne "

"What do you mean fahad?. He is late ai"

" come out" we heard,  we turned and it was khalifa. His eyes  was  cold. 

" NOW"He added. 

" khalifa if definitely the issue"  she said cox he wasnt smilling at all. I wiped my tears and came down from my car. We walked to his car and Ahmad drove us. 

" you were gonna be silly to tell her"

" she's........"

" it's best you shut that mouth of yours"
Ahmad's phone rang and he picked. It was brief. he ended  and spoke to khalifa.

" sir,  the blackmailing guy just called"

" and......... he has sent the location for dropping the money."

" good. Did you get the money?"

" yes sir, it's in the trunk"

"I hope everything is going  as planned."

" yes sir,  but he insists you drop it alone"

" that's expected"  he said staring at the window. He doesn't wanna talk to me. Not to even look at me.

" how did I even get here" he whispered

" I am sorry for dragging you......"

" please don't add to my misery. I  advice you shut it."

" we are here" Ahmad announced

" khalifa dropped and went behind to the trunk of the car. I watch him take a brief case and moved, then Ahmad started the car

" why are we leaving him behind" I asked

" he will be fine" he said not intending to answer my every question,

" where are we heading to"

" gusto"

" for.......". He didn't reply me and in a few, we arrived just there.

" Sana please step out"

" no I won't, what do you take me for. I asked you"

" fine. You are here for breakfast"

" do I look hungry to you"

" on the Doctor's order" i kept shut and  stepped out.

" be fast, we have to be at the police station on time" I slowly walked in and there was a reservation for me. I sat quietly and ate what I could. Everything tastes numb Coz my taste buds is not working but my stomach needs something. I wiped my mouth and went back to the car. we headed straight to the station. Once I stepped out, I saw quite a number of familiar faces.

" Sana are you just coming" al-ameen said and i was alarmed.

" what happened" I said sounding worried. I walked further and every one was staring at me, I became alarmed, the more I walk in the more i feel intense gaze at me.
I am dead. I know he brought me here to lock me up. I should have known better. He brought me here to humiliate me
I went to where his mum was and she just pointed to another direction Which i followed. I saw fati's younger sister aisha and thier family too.
                 I said it. I know my cover has been blown. Tears started rushing out of my eyes. I entered the dpo's office in tears, I saw khalifa  and the rest . Once I stepped in, everyone was staring at me. I felt uneasy. Fati glared at me,  I know the end is near.

" and who are you" the dpo said

" I....... I...."

" Mrs khalifa" I said

"  her name is Sana" fati chipped in.

" he asked of your name not your husband's name" she added. My eyes met with his and he turned his gaze. My face fell. He dislikes me now,  my heartbreaks.

" well, sana thanks for joining, you may find your self a seat"

every where seems to be occupied. Mujaheed stood up and gave me his seat. Khalifa cared less and it's hurting me soo bad I can't contain it. How did he even get here before we did?

" thank you" I said to mujaheed

" your are most welcome mi lady"

"Well the general and commissioner, I am glad to inform you all that the culprit has been Identified."

" how was she found"

" well the air Commodore had already reported his phone went missing earlier on his wedding day  which was tracked, surprisingly  it was traced in fahads house, then later on, it wasnt there again, after a while the cultprit decided to use same phone to extort money from the aircommodeore. His crimes are beyond pardon".

" meaning no bail?"

" no bail"

"He has a murder case on,
he is also charged for blackmail And extorting money from the aircommodeore. A senior army officer officer of the off the federation"

" d.p.o make sure he is sentence to death for killing fahad"

" hajia Hanna. Don't worry the law will definitely see to  it. He must be brought to justice"

" I am glad the police department is being efficient."

" you can count on us"

"Ofcourse you can.  the police is your friend."

" indeed" khalifa said. I stood there in utmost shock. Did I just see a whole murder case being transferred to an innocent someone, well not entirely innocent but...... I was in a state of shamble. I could hardly swallow my own silver. What is happening here.

" please i would like everyone to write down their names before leaving and we would inform you all of every little details. We need your contacts for contingency".  I watch them all rose and moved further to write down their names, I sat  there on my seat. How am I suppose to live with this. They all started leaving,

" Sana can you come forth" the dpo announce

" Mr d.p.o. I would be honoured  if you referred to her as Mrs khalifa. Mrs khalifa it is." Khalifa pointed out

" ofcourse"

" hmmm" they both nodded. I watch as everyone walked out from his office. My head can't take it. I did it.  I bloody did.

" Mr dpo sir." I called out and the rest turned towards me.

" I did it. It was me. I murdered  fahad!!!" I shouted. 

Wahala no dey finish.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 16K 23
❗⚠SEXUAL CONTENT⚠❗ ⚠❗MATURE AUDIENCE❗⚠ STRONG LANGUAGE❗❗
3.1K 55 15
𝘈 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘵. 𝘓𝘶𝘩 𝘛𝘺𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘢4𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘋𝘢𝘵𝘦 - 3 // 17 // 23 𝘌𝘯𝘥...
197 17 16
mature
534 1 35
END OF DAYS