The wrong star

By anabe23

Humans are back in Pandora and Miles Quaritch is one of them, at least some form of him. If they couldn't win... More

Hostage
Become the enemy
Forest
Bond
Now we can't go back
I see you
We need a plan
Fire
Fight for the future
---1,000 reads announcement---
I knew it
Journey
------ bonus -------
Tulkun hunt
Everything goes to hell
Bullet
Enemies
Last deep breath
Happy new year
Black out
Village
---10k reads---
Strenght
---10k special Miles POV---
Prisoner
I'm different
Happiness is a fragile thing
They're coming
Time goes by
War preparations
New heir
Fear
Almost time
New life
author's note
what follows
author's note
----Journey, Miles's POV----
I'm not like you
Ametrine
Air
Sister of the ocean
Trip back home
author's note
Mother
Kind of a family
Air view
Not blue
Spirits
No signal
Have some faith
The battle of the halleluyah mountains
The hunt
author's note

Battle

1.4K 81 17
By anabe23

Everyone is alerted and the kids are demanded to stay in the pods, everyone else gathers their weapons and has to meet at the beach.

I hurry up to get my axes in my belt and look for the Spear that the clan gave me the other day, Miles is putting on his vest and charging the pockets with I don't know what.

"Listen, you stay there. Don't do anything stupid. You decided not to leave, well, stay put!," Miles tells spider, a finger pointed at his face in warning.

Spider pouts and I know he's about to say something but we don't have time for this.

"Spider! This is very important, everyone needs to be focused and for that, we need to know that everyone that's not fighting is safe. Go with my cousins and don't do anything stupid," I warn him.

Miles is the one to take him as fast as he can to where all the other kids are, I go to the front line.

Ronal is holding her baby in a fabric that wraps around her body.

"Ronal! please don't fight, we all know you can but-"

"I'm not fighting, I'm not. Right now I have to protect my baby," she says and I am more calm.

"Please go with the others, now," I say.

"Not until I really see a threat," she says. I don't know how to argue with this woman so I just whisper to some of the warriors to keep and eye on her and make sure that she gets safely to somewhere else.

The sun still has some hours to come out so the light we're getting is mainly from torches that have been lit up one by one.

There's a big crowd of all of us reunited at the beach.

"Listen! Our brothers gave us a warning, the enemy visited the islands to the east, they're just hours from here, maybe less! We need to be prepared!" Tonowari announces.

"Do you think they told him how many they were?" Miles asks coming behind me, I shiver a little, I'm very on edge.

"I guess, you can go ask him," I reply.

Miles gives my hand a squeeze and I see him disappear with Tonowari and Jake to talk.

I pace the sand nervously, my tail imitating the beating of my heart, fast and strong, back and forth.

The warriors are slowly taking their positions, three groups on the water with their Ilu's and spears, some on the shore, the ones that make spears that appear more like tridents, and a mix of us on land. I can see Neytiri from the corner of my eye going to where the kids are.

"Aunt!" I call behind her but follow because she didn't listen.

We get to a place where all my cousins and Spider is.

"Kids, this is not a game and none of you have permission to participate. Not like the missions back home, okay? I need you to promise that you'll stay here. Safe," she says.

Lo'ak looks like he wants to talk back but his eyes flash toward Neteyam and he shuts up. He probably still feels guilty.

"If we see that you're in trouble then we can help," Neteyam says.

"Neteyam! All of you, listen to me. I thought-" Neytiri covers her mouth and I hear her voice breaking. She lowers herself so she's closer to all of them. "I thought we lost you and the pain of that... I could never go back from, I could never go back from losing any of you," Neytiri says looking to all her kids, even Kiri's mouth trembles a little with her words. 

"So please, please, stay here. Give me the gift of tranquility so me and your father can take care of this knowing that you're safe. Please," Neytiri says.

All my cousins look like they're going to cry, Neteyam's the first to go hug her and promise that he won't move. The rest of them nod and answer that they promise.

"We'll be okay mommy," Tuk says hugging Neytiri's legs.

"That's the plan," Neytiri whispers as she lovingly brushes Tuk's hair with her hand.

"Be safe," she says before walking out.

I shoot a glance to Spider so he knows that everything Neytiri says applies to him too. Stay put.

"We will take these people down, they think we don't expect them," I tell my aunt.

"I hope you're right, because from now on, we'll have to fight until we end with every single last one of them," she says. I gulp, I know it and it terrifies me.

"Stay safe, Anatuat," Neytiri tells me and hugs me.

"Stay safe, Neytiri," I tell her back.

She goes to her Ikran and I go back to the beach with the crowd.

"Everything okay?" Miles asks me.

"Yeah, she just made one last stop to warn the kids not to try something," I answer.

"Very well," Miles answers.

I take out one of my axes and start doing that thing that Miles hates as I circle around my arm.

"Anatuat-" Miles gets silenced by the sound of something impacting near us and the impact makes us all stumble.

"Get down, get down!" He shouts, some of the people shout it too and they disperse.

He takes us to a place behind the rocks.

"Wait here, we need to know where they're shooting from," he says and runs off.

"Miles!" I shout but don't move as I see another bright yellow flash and feel the earth tremble.

I wait until I hear more of their commands or at least see a human that I can throw my axe to, but soon enough I hear it. There's a helicopter, not a ship like we were expecting.

I see two of them, they start to lower a ladder and people climb down from them, soon the battle begins.

Many of them are quickly determined by the warriors with spears, but then they start shooting so they have to disperse.

I can't wait here without doing anything anymore so I start running, dodging bullets and slashing people where I can.

Neytiri shoots to the helicopters from her Ikran but I'm worried that they'll get her.

"Cover her! Throw the spears at the windows or the things that makes circles!" I call out to the other warriors.

I hear someone charging at me behind my back and I turn in the right moment to stop a human from shooting me, I kick the gun away and use my axes to finish him, the blood spills and covers my hands.

Somehow they take down one of the helicopters and I have to get out of the way as it comes down and collapses near the rocks I was in. The other helicopter goes to the side of the island, where there are more rocks than anything and they lower there, more people coming out, then the thing flies away.

"What are they doing?" I mumble.

We're almost done with the people that were here, but we're missing the ones that just came out.

I decide to just go for it and walk towards where they'll be, I notice a spear lying on the sand and take it up, point at one of them and throw the thing with all my force, it goes through their stomach.

The only things that makes this fight more difficult is that they have guns, so we lose time trying to cover up and then attacking. They manage to get to the sand and they shoot down some of our people.

There's rage growing inside me, I see Neytiri flying above me as she shoots down more of them and when she is out of arrows she comes down and takes a spear to fight.

I run and kill one of the humans that were going to shoot at a warrior, I try to look for Miles and I can't see him so I pray that he's okay as I keep killing the humans I see.

I think.... I think we made it, I think we're done until I notice some of those robots similar to the ones that were used to kill the Tulkun coming out of the water.

"Careful!" I shout at my brothers at sea but I'm not sure they can hear me.

The sky is clearer now.

I notice Miles, he's at the shore firing at some of those things as the warriors on their Ilu's also charge at them.

I'm running towards him when I feel something crushing my arm, I cry in pain.

I look back and I see some kind of robot, someone inside this metallic thing that is at least my height.

I hiss at him and reach for my axe with my free hand, the thing tightens around my arm and I'm afraid it will break.

Neytiri has recovered her arrows and hits the machine where the big cristal was.

It shatters and the pressure around my arm decreases, I take my chance to attack the shattered cristal with my axe until I see red speared.

The robot thing finally falls down and I can feel the real damage that it did to my arm.

"Are you hurt?" Neytiri asks me.

"I don't think it's broken but it hurts," I say, I don't even want to look at it.

I don't listen to Neytiri as I start to run, Miles has his back turned and a soldier is pointing at him, he won't even notice because he is fighting someone else.

I control my panic and take a deep breath before throwing my axe and hitting my target, the man falls to his knees and the shot gets fired in a weird angle missing Miles, he kills the other one he was fighting with and turns around concerned.

"Always look to your back too!" I tell him.

"We're almost done! we can do this!" he shouts to me instead.

I notice that he is true, they're almost all dead.

I have to go check around the rocks to see if there are any more robots, we never even noticed when this one came so, I take a moment to look for any other.

I suddenly stop walking when I feel a pulsing pain in my belly.

No no no. Please Eywa no. I think when I start feeling strong contractions.

This can't be happening, this is not a good moment!

I hear something else collapse, I hope it was one of the other robots from the water or the helicopter, I try to run but I feel another contraction. This time I can't hide my cry of pain.

"Anatuat! Anatuat!" I hear Miles shouting from afar.

I take a deep breath and walk to a more visible spot, I was behind a cave of rocks.

"Here!"

I see him, and when he sees me he rushes to my side and walks us back to the shadow.

"Are you okay?" He asks with concern.

"Yes, yes, you?" I ask checking for any bruises.

"I'm okay," he says.

We hear something else now, louder and bigger, Miles's ears press to his head.

"They're coming right? All of them," I say with concern.

"The first group was just to tire us, they probably went to the other island first and then came here, they notified that the island was empty and they're all here now," he says.

He's recharging one of those guns they have.

I listen intently and try to stay calm but the contractions come again and I can't help but at least hiss in discomfort.

"What is it?" Miles turns instantly to me.

I can't lie to him.

"I'm having the baby," I admit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 1.4K 21
Tanhรฌ, twin sister of Sylwanin must find a way to look past the sky people's wrong doings to her spieces in order to teach an immature dream walker h...
62K 1.2K 23
I am back at it again with another Avatar story this one as you can tell from the title is much different. Nora the daughter of Quaritch is reborn in...
45.5K 1.5K 30
แฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠ แฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠ แฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠ แฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠแฅŠ [อŽKฮนษพาฝแƒง'ฮฑ]อŽ Is a generous soul. Her whole life has been dedicated to helping the peop...
36.6K 1K 13
๐Œ๐€๐†๐„๐๐“๐€ ๐„๐˜๐„๐’, It was scary how far she would go to protect them. the lengths she would take to keep them safe. no matter the cost she kn...