Tintin X Reader

By AKatelynnA

Ever think you'd be on the run with a famous journalist and a retired sea captain? Well, you are now! After b... More

Chapter 1: Brussels
Chapter 2: Trouble In The Flea Market
Chapter 3: Escapade
Chapter 4: You Always Wanted A Holiday!
Chapter 5: Library
Chapter 6: Goodnight, Miss
Chapter 7: To Our Good Health!
Chapter 8: Coordinates
Chapter 9: Sabotage
Chapter 10: Egoist
Chapter 11: The Shephard Shuttle
Chapter 12: Ferryman
Chapter 13: Frying Pan
Chapter 14: Bittersweet
Chapter 15: The Black Market
Chapter 16: Busybodies and Apologies
Chapter 17: Checkmate
Chapter 18: Harp Strings
Chapter 19: Horseplay
Chapter 21: City of Love

Chapter 20: Apprension

499 19 12
By AKatelynnA

(A/n): HEYYY...

Also, I know haven't been good at keeping up. I'm really sorry, I didn't even feel the time fly by and when I saw how long it had been I began writing vigorously to finish. I do plan on finishing this story so don't think I will leave y'all hanging! I intend to finish this story- period!

Anywayyayay I hope you enjoy. I like the support I've had so far and please continue leaving comments because I enjoy seeing what y'all say lol!

(Third Person's POV)

The Starlings tweeted in the delight of the sun. A yellow glow from another chapter of life unfolded over the shoreline and covered the pension with a bit of warmth. And the glow raised over the garden where a couple of birds began to fly away.

Even in this, there was more than just a happy morning for some.

"So it looks like the reporter and his old friend are joining our pilgrimage," the younger said.

"Through the company of the dearest, sweetest young (L/n)," the more mature spoke, calm but possibly irritated, although it was unreadable for his companion.

There was a pause, and the younger individual turned to face the other with an assumption of his emotion.

"I deduce we dispatch, hm?"

"No-" blared the mature. "I've seen what these inferiorities can do. We need them on our end. We can use all their itty bitty help."

"Itty?" questioned the young, voice as silk and intensely charming.

"Indeed." The more mature turned away to leave.

"Not concerned are we that they will catch us using them-"

"NO- I am not-" growled the posh, older man. He wanted to remain calm from his animalistic anger issues and let out an exhale, stroking his facial hair. "I don't want to hinder them... keep the plans changed. Use them. Use them notoriously. I will not waste another hour after so many dreadful years and battle against our next rivals when we can merely keep them instead.

Let them be. We will come out in due time... I swear on that..."

And with that, the mature walked the opposing way of the hotel, while his young compatriot remained fixed on the building with sheer focus on his goal.

Meanwhile...

The Captain, Tintin, and Snowy slept in later than yesterday morning, but we're now alert and passing by the halls, which were mostly windows to their left.

They were striding somewhat quickly as the two were having a casual conversation.

"... It'll be a sumptuous upgrade, aye, laddie?" Haddock was saying.

Tintin, hands behind his back, was attentive and smiling aloofly in agreement.

They made their way around the corner where (Y/n)'s room was, and as soon as they arrived at her hall, the girl exited the room and shut the door behind her.

Upon eye contact, Tintin's body posture rose along with his eyebrows.

"Ah- there's our little troublemaker! Ahoy, lassie!" greeted Captain Haddock with a tip of his cap.

"Oh- Captain!" (Y/n) chirped, startled by the presence of her friends.

Snowy yipped up at the girl so she bent down to pet him before walking to the boys.

"Morning guys!" she greeted, stepping close and tippy-toeing to give the Captain a light hug, having developed a close enough bond by now.

Coming in close with a small smile, (Y/n) looked at Tintin with similar intentions. However, once her hand lay on his shoulder, she remembered his unenthusiasm from the last time and decided against it.

"Morning, Tintin," she said, pulling her hand back behind her and hoping to not make him uncomfortable.

The boy was rigid. Haddock remained polite with a smile at Miss (Y/n) and smacked Tintin on the back of the arm.

"Good morning!" he greeted stiffly.

Snowy barked in circles around (Y/n) before running some distance behind her and rolling on his back for her to pet.

"I'm excited for today," (Y/n) said once Snowy was done and upright again.

"Ever been to England, Missy?" the Captain asked.

"No sir, but I'm sure we can have a lot more pranks there to commit, right?" she asked.

Haddock laughed aloud at this question.

"Isn't she a pickle, lad?" he asked Tintin quietly in his chuckles, smacking the boy hard on the back- or rather pushing- before answering, "I'm certain there will-"

And then that shove tipped the journalist forward and he tripped on Snowy, who yelped and fled away as Tintin tumbled over a plant, knocking it down and falling. (Y/n) was startled with a gasp, and leaned in to grab him under his arms. Her strength was tested as she almost regretted catching the boy due to his weight, but with her knees bent low, she was alright.

"Woah- Tintin-" She grunted strenuously as she attempted to stabilize him. "Geez- you're kinda heavy-"

Tintin's mind blanked in shock at the sudden fall but when he looked up to see his sudden love interest staring down at him, he then shot back up on his feet and twisted around to face her apologetically.

"Sorry! Sorry-" he forced, making her shake her head sympathetically.

"Well! I see everyone is ready and able now, mm?"

(Y/n) looked behind at her uncle and the pilot. Isaac was wearing posh attire again with his new monocle and a high-top hat to match.

"Oh, good morning, Uncle Issac," the girl said, walking up to him to receive a kiss on her hand.

"Likewise, pet. Now, if you will all follow me, it is that time we ate and headed west to our new location for the flagon. Pip-pip, now!" he commanded, spinning circles with his cane above and walking away.

(Y/n) looked back at the boys to smile. She gestured to them before strolling behind her uncle and Ace Wilder. Tintin and Haddock lingered behind until the others were unseen so that Tintin could have the chance to glare at the Captain.

Haddock fidgetted aloofly for a moment.

"She's strong, now isn't she?" he cooed without looking him in the eye.

This made Tintin scoff while shaking his head, disapproving.

"For heaven's sake, Captain," he began following the others, but right before glancing back at his best friend. "Give it a rest, why don't you?? It's pure nonsense!"

Once Tintin had left to be with the others (as well as little Snow) Captain Haddock forced a laugh to himself in denial and shook his head at the ground as he started to go.

"What a fool," he told himself. "Aye- blistering blue barnacles, illiterate pipsqueak can detect a thief by his shoe buttons but not a good heartthrob in his own soul. Ha! Wouldn't take a magician to see new besottedness in his eyes... what a sap!" Captain muttered to himself before deciding to jog after them.

~~~

It was a bit of a time muncher- the ride was- from the German pension to the Netherlands, the Hook of Holland, and then up on the next ferry where they took a rocking ride to the next destination dock for England.

Only hours after arrival... which wasn't too bad for the more patient of the group, the crew finally made it to the edge of the English shore, docking their complementary transportation along the border and making their way on the streets of England.

Immediately the group headed to the nearest train station for a ride to London, which was where the next Cornelius house was. According to Mr. Finn, there were multiple homes throughout Europe which the family had often stayed throughout, depending on the environment they felt like switching to, but the primary home was in England. It was also the only one residing in the city of the region it's located, rather than the countryside.

(Y/n) was very curious as they entered the train station and kept looking in new directions at the next interesting distraction. She hadn't ridden a train before- or at least- couldn't remember if she did. The place was bustling and everyone was in such a rush that day. Luckily, though, they were able to get tickets right away.

"That's our train, love," Isaac said to her when the number was called.

The group hurried promptly to get on and were seated in a nice cart, due to the fact both pairs of gentlemen were wealthy, so (Y/n) was rather fortunate to be with them all.

Moving on, they were easily able to get seats with it being a more luxurious, expensive class, and (Y/n) thought it would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

(Y/n) lingered as they picked spots because she was in awe of the class interior. Tintin was about to sit by the window, and Haddock would've sat beside him if hadn't noticed the grand opportunity.

"Oh- please, Miss! Ladies first!" the Captain quite unhesitantly magnified, standing up and offering his seat.

(Y/n) was bemused by this eager display, looking at both men's expressions with skeptically, amused eyebrows. Tintin looked tenser than anything but he didn't seem annoyed this time like usual. (Y/n) hesitated slightly, but smiled a bit with the intent to sit down.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n) doll, please, sit with your uncle. I'd like to talk to you and Kadron a bit while we're waiting," Isaac obliviously asked.

Reluctantly, the girl was torn but, pressured by her uncle's gestures, she shrugged at the boys before walking past to sit with Isaac.

The Captain accepted and along with Tintin sat down with a grunt. Isaac began talking immediately about what (Y/n) missed when they had met in the morning the day before and a few more people got seated during this time. It was rather unique seeing the rich folk stroll through and how very few they were. But that's always how first-class seemed to be.

Haddock paid attention to the motion, yet he was inclined to notice how Tintin was just starting at the other three in the group at a table-chair duo. The Captain followed his gaze for the moment and watched as well. (Y/n) was very tuned to listen to Isaac but did glance behind her shoulder at the eyes staring at her over their chairs. Both boys had different intentions behind it, but (Y/n) couldn't get herself to understand (or at least ask them about it) and rested her face on her palm, turning back to pay attention to her uncle.

Captain Haddock rolled his eyes and sat back comfortably as Tintin continued to goggle with disconcertment. When the train started to move, however, Tintin came to his senses and slowly sat forward again. The young boy was distant-minded at first but since the Captain started staring at him, Tintin gave him his attention.

The duration of this stare was longer than Tintin expected. He struggled to keep eye contact, forcing furrowed brows to seem confused even though he knew darn well what the Captain was thinking. But the Captain wanted to make him squirm first before speaking.

"Nonsense, is it?" Captain Haddock finally questioned, scoffing and putting his cap over his eyes to relax.

That was all. Tintin didn't say anything back and only turned to look out the window. He couldn't deny anything so he'd much rather stay quiet.

After all, it was a very romanticized point of view for him now.

It was a short while 'til the train reached the next stop in London with a satisfying hiss of the engine. No one hesitated to leave, especially the adventurers who were on a very busy schedule. (Y/n) was first to exit and squinted a bit from the sunny day as she gazed up at the clock tower, Big Ben.

Isaac fumbled over the notepad with the map he had. (Y/n) watched him a moment before noticing his slight confusion. And she wasn't reluctant to get close to him in his frustration.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh- just trying to remember where it's at-" He then faced away from her and mumbled, "does this look right-" to Kadron.

"Maybe we should ask for directions," (Y/n) asked.

"Hmm, I- oh! Oh- yes- yes- got it. This way, dear," he answered distantly, dragging her in the right direction with Kadron.

Tintin and the Captain glanced at each other before following behind the three.

"Let's see- ahah! There we are!" Isaac gleamed, stepping up to a rental car district. "Pardon moi, we need your fastest locomotive!" he asked a worker boldly.

"What do you want, sir? An MG, Astin Martin, Bentley-" the guy went on to list calmly.

"Whatever- any of them! Just get me one. This should cover it-" Isaac rushed, writing a check swiftly and forcing it into the kid's hands.

The boy's eyes widened at its price.

"Alright... Bentley 8 it is!" he said back, hurrying to get a nice car for Mr. Finn.

Isaac chuckled to himself as he put the checkbook in his pocket.

"Won't be long now..." he muttered. A car soon pulled up and Isaac approvingly tugged on his bow tie. "Ah- splendid. Come along, we must go!"

Everyone seated into the car fast and then Kadron was quick to drive them around the city. Isaac did plenty of barking when it came to directions but it was pretty much expected now. They all knew him to be... eh, passionate, you might say.

(Y/n) was entranced by the castle they passed by and lay her head on her arm by the window to watch... at least until she spotted Tintin's eyes in the reflection. Rather boldly did she turn to see what he wanted. But having been caught, Tintin blinked his blue eyes away from hers and sat back deeply in his seat to sort of hide beside the Captain, who was internally amused but this only made (Y/n) confused.

They took a few turns and 'shortcuts' through the city until they reached the wealthy suburbs not very far away from the castle. Each house was relatively bigger than the last. But after going through the farther end of the community, Kadron passed by the biggest one of all, directly in the heart of the neighborhood.

"Stop!" Isaac blurted, taking it in and ignoring the distant thunder that was coming towards the area. "That's it- that's it, it is-" he hurried out of the passenger's side. "Hurry now while we have our wits! The English don't like us scurrying around this area!"

The group was slower than Isaac certainly wanted but it was only because they were entranced by the desolate house's magnitude, which was sadly untouched so that many vines and earthly things crept over every inch of the perimeter.

They walked to it together. Kadron reached the latch from behind the fence bars and flipped it, giving the chained gate a tug before the entire loop crumbled to the ground in rusty shambles. He glanced at the others with mutual emotion before pushing the gate open for them. There was an eerie screee that screamed in their ears from its rust, and everyone stared up at the creepy mansion they must enter with uneasiness before going on inside to find that flagon!

As the door creaked open and revealed its vast emptiness, the group hesitated to enter due to its haunting appearance. No riot seemed to have screwed it over in the past like the Belgian house; but rather, it was simply abandoned.

(Y/n) frowned at the lack of light that leaked through the dirty windows and jogged back to the car. She searched around until she found a flashlight in the glove compartment and brought it to the men. Being offered it, Tintin gladly took the torch and glided its light across the blue glow to better see the academic decor that filled the home.

Silently, they all moved further in (Snowy bounding excitedly to see what smells and sensations he could detect,) quite fixed upon the solemness of the place. Everything, from the furniture to the table decor and the chandeliers, was in perfect shape. The only thing worn about them was the layers of dust and cobwebs that were crusted over. Otherwise, it was very well preserved.

"It's bright enough for us to go ahead and look about... go ahead! Be on the lookout- the flagon is small and missable so if you aren't looking for it then you are certainly not going to find it!" Isaac said.

With that, the gentleman wandered over to the hallways nearby the grand staircase to search tenaciously, talking to himself as he did. Kadron and the Captain hovered until they separately found the many closets and doors of the first floor to busy themselves with. (Y/n) was to herself at the beginning, wavering at whether to go up the grand staircase by herself or not and also a bit nostalgic about this mansion for some reason she didn't get. But she happened to notice Tintin had gone his own way before her uncle said anything, intrigued by the library right above the ballroom/living room- er- whatever it was supposed to be.

Knowing how convenient Tintin's curiosity always was, (Y/n) decided to go with him and see what he was so drawn to.

It took her a good jog across the wide floor of this one room on the first floor and she was a bit winded once she reached one of the ladders that led to the library. Snowy was already there and on his back legs, looking up where Tintin went with the desire to follow. (Y/n) smiled and patted his head, then started climbing up. About half the way she peeked down and felt a wave of nausea fill her head to toe from the height it was, and it took her a good self-encouragement to have the guts to finish climbing up without looking down again.

At the top, the girl sort of crawled onto the floor for grip, just stunned to have made it up without falling back and needing a couple of seconds to stabilize her brain... especially since she would have to climb back down eventually too.

When she was composed and on her feet, she saw Tintin was still glued to the bookcase with the flashlight in his hand, not saying a word to her. (Y/n) watched a short bit before realizing he simply hadn't noticed her yet, since he was so entranced by something that this one-wall library possessed in his eyes.

That was probably a good sign, (Y/n) thought though, that Tintin was severely focused since he did always seem more efficient when he's deep in thought.

Waiting a minute to see if he would acknowledge her presence, (Y/n) soon after decided to go up to the boy and see what he was intently looking at.

(Y/n) stood behind him coyly, still waiting and watching the boy search around quietly before she inhaled.

"What are you looking at?"

Tintin flinched and gasped sharply at her presence- which (Y/n) stifled a laugh at. The boy relaxed after the alarm, and did indeed give a genuine grin of amusement and- perhaps under (Y/n)'s nose- some soft affection.

"(Y/n)," he greeted.

(Y/n) did have a slight sense of the kind of different grin he was giving her, so her eyes shifted just the slightest but she struggled to ignore this.

"Did I scare you?" she shyly asked with a smile.

"Well-" Tintin remembered the wall and turned back to it with his flashlight. "I did happen to notice the awkward state of the library and how problematic the structure is... do you see the adhesive along the edges?"

(Y/n) followed the light and did see the seal he was talking about.

"Yeah," she answered.

"Do you think that maybe this wall was built here as just a distraction? Perhaps... even to hide something that's here or was once in the past? It could certainly be just a bad location... however I can't help but feel as though it's... peculiar..." Tintin asked her as he scanned the books.

Thinking about it herself, he wasn't entirely wrong about how awkward the structure of the unnecessary library was.

However, (Y/n) wasn't sure what that could mean.

"Well..." she trailed, trying to understand and replying, "I'm not sure..."

(Y/n) looked along the bookcases in desperation to help Tintin figure out whatever he was questioning but besides the adhesive, the only thing that stood out was just a lion-head candle holder, which was barely hanging by a loose screw on the wood. But that wasn't anything special. Although, (Y/n) did feel the need to fix it at least so she didn't twitch by its position.

"Honestly, the only real thing that stands out to me is the fact that this candle thing seems to be falling off," (Y/n) amusingly mumbled to Tintin, gently placing her hands on the sides of the head to push it. "Let me see-"

Click

The lion abruptly opened its mouth and startled (Y/n). She flinched and jumped away when the lion made a grinding sound that came from the other side of the wall. Tintin furrowed his brows and watched beside her as the lion head went on. Soon after its fit, the head made a fin growl and split down the middle. The shelves between it shifted inward and slid open as double doors, smoothly turning back into the wall and revealing a secret room that had been hidden there for many, many years.

(Y/n) dropped her jaw low with utter astonishment, covering her mouth with her accidental discovery. Tintin raised his brows in shock and gaped at it.

"Great Snakes, (Y/n)-" he cried, excitedly rushing over to shout over the rails. "Captain! Mr. Finn! Kadron! Come look at what (Y/n)'s found!!" Tintin exclaimed.

The boy grinned at his female friend before leading her into the room. The other men were quick to hurry up the ladder with curious urgency. Snowy was envious he couldn't join and barked as each person passed him by, but it was to no avail.

Tintin and (Y/n) slowed when the light of Tintin's torch flashed along the hidden remains of the secret room. Under the short roof, built with edges made of glass that revealed a bit of light from the sudden sprinkling outside, were several unique crowns and jewels, beautiful in designs and set decoratively in their glass case pedestals. The room itself was a bit small and dark from the one color choice. Yet, it was still a breathtaking secret to stumble upon.

The others dashed inside and paused at the array of jewels that were presented to them now. Nobody spoke for a good couple of minutes, beginning to trickle in and take turns admiring each piece behind the dust of their glass. (Y/n) was particularly the most invested, seeing this was from her family line, and paused when she spotted the most beautiful tiara she'd ever seen in her life.

It was adorned with just the right amount of stones for her personal liking. And it happened to be with birthstones, unlike the other necklaces and jewelry in the room. (Y/n) bent low to capture its magnificence, thinking how pretty she might look wearing something like it.

The others began to speak.

"Blisterin' barnacles- what kind of stow-away is this?" Haddock questioned in a mumble.

"Well off, were they not, sir?" Kadron asked Isaac, who was too entranced to reply.

"But what does it mean...?" Tintin wondered before stepping to Isaac. "Can you explain anything more about the Cornelius's bloodline? Their rank or their affiliation with the royals- maybe they were of noblemen or the barons-" Tintin started to ask, thinking of more questions with each one already asked.

"N-n-now, all I can say is about as much as the legend goes on and that's that!" Isaac answered, coming to and seeming a bit in a spot under the intelligence of the young journalist's thoughts.

(Y/n) was so fixed by the tiara's beauty that she didn't really listen to the others talking or partake. Instead, she noticed the strange grooves wrapped around the pedestal that only the tiara's stand seemed to have. After careful examination, the girl felt the indents with her fingers and followed them around the stand. Eventually, the lines conjoined and spiraled down to a silver bulge at the very foot of the pedestal. Confused, (Y/n) looked at the other stands beside to see if they had it too but there weren't any, so with a scrunched face (Y/n) picked at the knub, noticing it was loose and then pulled it up with a light finger til it locked in place.

There was a creak. (Y/n) looked around at the front and saw the stand's front panel had opened as a door. Blinking profusely, the young lady pulled it open and gaped at the item inside.

The flagon. There it was.

"Guys... guys-" (Y/n) stood and cried.

The boys hushed after a couple more calls and gave her their attention. The girl moved out of the way, revealing the item in the case for them all to see, and their expressions quickly changed upon seeing it. It was all too simple it seemed. There was the next item, right there in their midst. Now they had just one item left before they could discover the truth about (Y/n)'s history, and perhaps change their own, too.

Tintin raised his brows and gave (y/n) a face of surprise.

"(Y/n)... you've done it again...!" he whispered.

Before more could be said there was a bam outside. The crew turned their stare to the entrance of the secret room and hurried out of it to see the commotion. (Y/n) was very concerned and pushed her away in front to see, but when she saw what was coming, her face dropped, and the girl fearfully backed up into the room without another thought.

"OI! YOU THERE! HALT!" shouted one of the policemen storming into the mansion.

The group all backed up, discombobulated, and panicked. (Y/n) hid behind all of them in the room and anxiously watched as the horror unfolded for her. What had they done? What was going on? She didn't want to go to jail or even be handled by someone of authority!!

The officers charged up and into the room as the group pulled away and began apprehending each person without explanation. Each man fought against it to an extent but was just so caught off guard by it that they didn't even have time to truly react. Knowing full well they wouldn't be returning anytime soon, (Y/n) flinched at the officer approaching her and hurried to grab the flagon from the case. Her arm was cruelly yanked back directly after as the officers were in a rush to exit the building.

Snowy was ignored even while barking obnoxiously, and not one cop attended to him. So he anxiously followed the fretful commotion out the door and watched his friends being arrested.

"This is an outrage! I demand an EXPLANATION!" Isaac hollered as he was roughly shoved into a vehicle.

Snowy whined helplessly at the event and ran towards the group to help. However, as Tintin called out to him with worry, the cars sped quickly away from the house, leaving Snowy behind in the light rain with a sense of concern and fear for his friends. It was up to his nose and legs now to catch up, and who knew what Snowy must do to get them out of this.

After all, at least three of them were his bestest friends. It was up to Snowy now to rescue them.

But... how?

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

820 125 49
Dear diary, Life isn't like the Disney fairy tales, with the lost slipper and hell of a cute prince charming. Life is bittersweet, cruel and hurtful...
2.6K 290 47
I pointed the barrel at him and shot twice, one bullet hitting him in the neck while the other hit his chest. "I've had enough of you" I muttered an...
63 14 9
"Ilvenie Dest, Rebelli Neur." The Atlas was just a myth. A ship that sails on its own compass. They said you don't need a map to get to your destinat...
5.2K 63 6
After solving the case of the lake of sharks Tintin and Captain Haddock was having a break from getting mixed up in adventures. But their greatest a...