This Means War | Draco Malfoy...

By xonceuponatimex

The war is finally coming, and Voldemort is on the move, looking for the Potter twins that he failed to kill... More

Soundtrack
Chapter 1 ~ Now What?
Chapter 2 ~ The Eight Potters
Chapter 3 ~ Birthday Presents
Chapter 4 ~ A Wedding Gone Wrong
Chapter 5 ~ Temporary Home
Chapter 6 ~ The Devil's Lair
Chapter 7 ~ My Funny Friend and Me
Chapter 8 ~ He Didn't See Me
Chapter 9 ~ Ron's Last Words and Departure
Chapter 10 ~ What to Believe in
Chapter 11 ~ Merry Christmas?
Chapter 12 ~ Ron's Return
Chapter 13 ~ Curiosity Got Us Busted
Chapter 14 ~ Hellos and Goodbyes
Chapter 15 ~ True Feelings on Parchment
Chapter 16 ~ Serious Talks
Chapter 17 ~ Trouble at Gringotts
Chapter 18 ~ Going Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 19 ~ Double Lightning
Chapter 20 ~ The Search
Chapter 22 ~ Decisions, Decisions...
Chapter 23 ~ Tragic Discoveries
Chapter 24 ~ Last Minute Confessions
Chapter 25 ~ A Talk with Dumbledore
Chapter 26 ~ The Final Battle
Chapter 27 ~ A New Beginning
Chapter 28 ~ The Big Question
Chapter 29 ~ Giving the Blessing
Chapter 30 ~ I Do
Chapter 31 ~ Nineteen Years Later

Chapter 21 ~ The Things We Do for Love

5.9K 261 39
By xonceuponatimex

I was running all over the school, looking for Draco. He was nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere for him, but I had a feeling that with all the running around and fighting that was happening, it was going to be hard to find him. I just wanted to tell him that I loved him before it was too late.

Huffing a sigh, I was about to give up. I just decided to go to the Room of Requirement and look for Harry. It was quiet once I got near the Room of Requirement. All of a sudden, I heard voices.

"Are you sure you saw someone go inside?" a voice that sounded like Crabbe spoke up.

"Yeah, are you sure, mate?" another voice, which sounded like Goyle's voice, added.

"I'm positive. Let's go, you two. We can't waste any more time," another voice said. It was Draco's voice.

I ran as fast as I could, trying to catch up with him. "Draco?" I called out once I turned the corner. But he was already inside the Room of Requirement. I ran up to the wall and closed my eyes. "I need to get inside," I whispered to myself. "I need to see him. I need to tell him that I love him."

Suddenly, I was able to get inside. I ran in the Room of Requirement and looked around. I didn't see Draco or Harry anywhere. I began to walk around, hoping that I would run into one of them. So far, I saw no one in sight. That was when I heard the door open again.

"It seems darker and a bit bigger, don't you think?" I heard Ron say.

"It does, actually. We'll never find them in here," I heard Hermione reply to him.

I ran back to see Ron and Hermione. I was glad that they were okay. Hermione gasped when she saw me. When I approached her, I gave her a hug and she hugged me back.

"I'm so glad you're okay," she said. "Where's Harry?"

"I have no idea, but Draco's in here, too," I told the others.

"What?" Ron asked. "Does he know about the Horcruxes?"

I shook my head. "No, I didn't tell him about the Horcruxes. We've got to find Harry, so let's go."

The three of us began to walk deeper into the room. I wasn't sure how we were going to find the diadem in here. This room did get bigger. Before we could start a conversation, we heard voices.

"Come on, Draco. Don't be a prat," Goyle said. "Just do it!"

Draco.

"No!" I shouted. Without thinking, I ran. I had to see Draco.

Ron and Hermione were running behind me. Finally, I saw his face, where we locked eyes for a brief moment.

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione shouted from behind me.

"Avada Kedavra!" Goyle shouted at her, a green light coming her way.

"Stupefy!" she screamed, aiming at Goyle. But she missed and hit a box instead.

I saw Draco running away, so I followed him. I heard Ron's voice behind me.

"That's my girlfriend, you numpties!" he yelled.

"Girlfriend?!" I repeated, turning around to face him.

Ron's face went red when I said that. I was going to get on him and Hermione about that later, but finding Draco was more important. Ron and I stopped running when we saw a flash of orange in front of us.

"Fiendfyre!" I shouted at Ron.

"Max, get out of here!" Draco came out of nowhere.

"What? No, I'm not leaving you!" I cried.

"Go, Max!"

"But, Draco, I--"

"Max, let's go!" Ron yelled at me.

Draco and I stared at each other as Ron ran off. I finally nodded my head after seeing his sad expression and followed Ron as the Fiendfyre was getting bigger.

"Run! Crabbe just set the bloody place on fire!" Ron screamed.

Ron grabbed Hermione and took off with her while Harry waited for me. As we were running, Harry began talking to me.

"Where's Draco?" he questioned.

I ignored him, using my wand to make random objects fall so that we had more time to get away from the Fiendfyre. We ran until we were trapped. Fire was at every corner and there was no way out.

"Harry, look out!" I shouted, pointing at the Fiendfyre behind him.

He took his wand and cast a spell, causing Ron to fall backwards. We looked over and saw that he fell right beside a few brooms.

Brooms. That was it.

We each grabbed a broom and mounted on them. While the other three were heading for the exit, I was heading for the opposite direction.

"Max, what are you doing? The exit is this way!" Harry shouted, pointing in the other direction.

I turned around to face him and shouted back, "I'm going to save my boyfriend!" With that, I flew up in the air and went looking for Draco.

I scanned around the room and spotted Draco and Goyle. They were hanging from a desk, trying their best to hold on. I reached my arm out to him as I flew by him. He grabbed my hand and I pulled him on top of me.

"I thought I was supposed to be the one saving you!" Draco protested.

"I like being the heroine every now and then!" I replied, grinning.

I turned around and saw that Harry saved Goyle. The other three were behind me. I was dodging the flames that were spreading everywhere in the Room of Requirement.

"I can see the exit!" Draco shouted.

"Me, too!" I shouted back as we got closer to the exit. "Draco, I have to tell you something! I want to tell you that I--"

BOOM!

There was a loud explosion behind us, causing us to be knocked off the broom. Draco stared at me and I stared back.

"Just go, Draco!" I shouted at him, forgetting about what I wanted to tell him. "I'll be fine."

With that, he came over to me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. I was frozen for a moment. Then he ran off with Goyle as I looked at the diadem that was on the ground.

"Max!" Hermione shouted, throwing me a Basilisk fang.

I caught the fang and stabbed the diadem. What I felt when all the other Horcruxes were destroyed came back to me as Ron kicked the diadem in the Room of Requirement. I leaned back against the wall, panting, a pain shooting all over my body. Harry did the same, sitting beside me. I saw Nagini and Voldemort. He now looked weak and scared that we had just destroyed another Horcrux. Then he Apparated with Nagini. In that moment, we finally knew what the last Horcrux was.

"It's the snake," Harry told Ron and Hermione. "She's the last one. The snake is the last Horcrux."

I felt the sweat running down my face. I saw Ron get down on his knees and I felt him staring at us.

"Find out where he is," Ron said.

I shook my head. "We can't..."

"Yes, you can, Max. If we find him, we can find the snake. Then we can end this."

Hermione got down on her knees and took my hands in hers. "Focus, Max.."

"No. No, I-I can't, Hermione."

"Yes, you can. Come on, Max. Just find out where he is."

I focused hard on what I was seeing, closing my eyes. I saw water and a boat. Nagini was curled up on the ground, staring at someone. I saw that she was staring at Lucius Malfoy, which made me cringe a little bit. He was talking to Voldemort about calling off the attack and suggested that Voldemort should just look for us. But Voldemort believed that we would come to him. Voldemort then asked Lucius to bring Severus to him.

Finally, I sighed in relief, happy that the pain was gone. I opened my eyes and looked at Ron and Hermione. Harry did the same.

"We know where he is," we said at the same time.

A/N: Hiii!

I know that I haven't updated this story in forever, but I did today! Yay!

Anyway, what did you think of this chapter? It sucks that Max didn't tell Draco that she loved him.

Song is The Things We Do For Love by 10cc.

Random thought: Could you imagine Tom and Nina doing a movie together? Like, that would be great. Just saying. :D

Comment, vote, Draaaaaaax! <3

-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

482K 15.3K 25
Harry Potter's parents were killed by Lord Voldemort. His entire family was gone in the blink of an eye. Everyone except his twin sister, Maxine Pott...
1K 49 16
Harry Potter is dead, Lord Voldemort is dead. In the aftermath of the war, the Ministry attempts to bring all the dark wizards to justice with the he...
104K 3.6K 31
It's been years since the famous Potter twins defeated Voldemort and won the Second Wizarding War. In between those years, Harry and Max Potter marri...
11.7K 144 22
This story was previously named "The Things You Do To Me." And "The Blue Rose" - The Main antagonist in this story; Voldemort. When Voldemort recrui...