Aftermath

By heartlessbrock

This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy! More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
Not a chapter

75

3.8K 78 20
By heartlessbrock

My body was buzzing in a way I haven't felt in a while. Every muscle felt like it was being ripped in half.

Sleeping was difficult but being secured in Colby's arms made it easier to drift off into nothingness.

When I woke up I felt a cold chill, my body shivering against it.

I still felt super groggy and sick but craved the feeling of Colby holding me.

I patted my hands in the empty spot where he was once laying then frowned and opened my eyes.

"Colby?" I asked and sat up, my head going swimmy as I did so.

"Oh.." I hummed and put my hand on my head. "Colby?" I called out again, trying to get out of bed.

My legs felt like jello and I wasn't strong enough to fully stand.

I cried out in frustration in pain and looked down at my shaking hands.

Something was happening to me that I didn't understand and it was freaking me out.

I sat on the edge of the bed, trying to get my composure and strength back but before I could, Colby was coming into the room.

"Oh. You're awake." He said and came over to me. "You left." I said quietly, looking up at him with sad eyes.

"I know. I had to take care of something." He said then grabbed a duffel bag.

"What's going on?" I asked and looked at him with concern. "I'm taking you somewhere." He said as I frowned.

"What's going on?" I asked with more panic than I was intending.

"Hey. It's okay." Colby said and came over to me, taking my face in his hands.

"I really don't feel good and now we're on the run again?" I asked, my eyes watering. "We're not on the run, baby." He said gently.

"Then why are we running?" I asked as he wiped the tear that was trickling down my cheek.

"We're not. I'm just taking you somewhere. I promise you'll like it." He said as I shook my head.

"I don't feel good..." I said as he nodded. "I know. You'll feel better soon." He said then kissed my forehead.

"What aren't you telling me?" I asked as he turned to pack things.

"Nothing. I've been toying with the idea of taking you somewhere and now there's an opportunity to." Colby said and continued packing.

I nodded, wincing in pain as my body buzzed uncomfortably.

"Can I take something to help the pain?" I asked, picking at my nails. I watched as his face fell slightly.

"I don't think it's a good idea, Jules." He said as I nodded. "Yeah. You're right." I said then tried to stand up.

My legs were shaky and my stomach was uneasy, but I was getting stronger.

"Where are we going?" I asked and slowly made my way over to Colby. "You want me to tell you?" He asked as I nodded and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest.

"We're gonna head to LA. Sam is holding a banquet. I didn't know if it was a good idea for us to go, but now I'm sure that it will be fine." He explained and wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you sure?" I asked as and pulled away from him. "Of course. I wouldn't do it if I thought it would be too dangerous. Plus it will be good for you to see the girls." Colby said as I nodded.

"I miss them." I said as my head pounded. "They miss you. Things have been rough there for them. They had a break in and it freaked the girls out." Colby explained then continued packing.

"So we're going to stay with them?" I asked and closed my eyes, sitting on the bed again. "No, we'll stay somewhere else." He said as I nodded.

"Do I get to take a nap?" I asked as he chuckled. "Yes of course, you sleepy girl." He said then came over and gave me a kiss.

"Did something happen?" I asked, noticing a small bit of dried blood on his neck. "Why do yoI ask that?" He asked with confusion.

"There's blood on your neck." I mumbled and pointed to where it was. "Shit." Colby said as I clenched my jaw.

"I knew you were hiding something." I said and crossed my arms. "I had to take care of someone. It's nothing for you to worry about." Colby said with a sigh.

"You left me to go kill someone." I said as he nodded. "It's my job, Jules. You know this." He said quietly.

"Yeah. Doesn't mean that it doesn't suck." I said with a frown. "I know. Just don't worry about it." He said then kissed my forehead.

I nodded, trying to let it go. There was no use fighting with Colby about something that was his job.

I didn't like that he left me to kill someone while I was sick, but it was part of life.

I watched Colby as he packed our bags. It was cute how he would catch his lip between his teeth while making sure he had packed everything.

I offered to help him but he declined the offer since he knew I wasn't feeling well.

"Alright. Are you ready to go?" Colby asked as he zipped up the bag. "Yeah." I said then stood up.

"I don't have a pretty dress though," I said with a sigh as he chuckled.

"Don't worry, we'll find one for you. We'll try not to ruin it with blood though." He said then took my hand and led the way out to the living room.

"I won't be holding my breath on that one." I said as my head ached. "God damn." I mumbled causing Colby to turn.

"I wish there was something I could do to help that." He said with a sigh as I closed my eyes against the pain

"It's alright. I just wish it would go away." I said as we left the apartment.

"I'm sure your car nap will help at least a little bit." He said and held my hand tightly.

There was something off about Colby.

I could tell he was hiding something from me and that some sort of new information was given to him but I didn't want to pry.

I was in entirely too much pain to argue with Colby right now so I was just going to shut up and hope he would let me in on the secret soon.

When we got to the car, Colby put the suitcase in the back while I got in the front seat.

My body was buzzing with pain as I closed my eyes. The swimmy feeling in my head was back with a vengeance and I didn't know how to stop it.

It was a feeling I knew all too well.

"Colby?" I whispered as he got in the car. "Yes?" He asked and looked over at home.

"Did you give me drugs?" I asked, my stomach dropping at the realization I just had.

Colby's face dropped as my eyes watered. Did he really try to drug me when he knew about my addiction?

"Jules, it wasn't me." He said and reached for my hand. I pulled my hand back, feeling my jaw quiver.

"Someone drugged me?" I asked, my voice cracking. Anger washed over his face as he looked away.

"So, yes." I whispered as he nodded. "That's who I killed." He said then looked over at me.

"Okay." I said then took his hand, squeezing it gently. "They replaced your seizure medication with some sort of drug. That's why you had that seizure and that's why you're relapsing." He explained, not looking at me.

"I went and killed the guy who did that to you. I'm sorry it happened, you don't deserve that." Colby said with so much guilt my heart sank.

"Hey." I whispered and brought my hand to his cheek, turning his face to look at me.

"It happened and it's not your fault." I said quietly. "That's the lowest low they could do. You've been doing so well." He said as I nodded.

"You don't deserve this." He said and looked into my eyes. I couldn't help the tears of frustration that were building up.

It was brutal to think that there weren't only people against Colby but people were actively against me, too.

It felt so targeted that someone would try to drug me and take me off of my sober course.

The fact that Colby knew who it was so fast and could find them to kill them, meant they were close to us.

"Try not to worry about this situation though, Jules. I see the wheels in your head spinning." Colby said as I nodded.

"Are we sure this is a good idea?" I asked as Colby nodded. "I made it very clear that I'm not one to fuck with. One quick trip to LA will be okay." He said then leaned over and kissed me gently.

"Just try to relax and get some sleep. We'll be on the road for a while." He said then started the car.

I could tell he was still bothered by what happened but I couldn't exactly blame him.

It was really fucked up and I had a feeling this was just the beginning of these sorts of things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5.3K 111
Final book to the heartless series, if you haven't read the last 3 go do that ❤️
17.4K 349 17
Two souls meet. Is it fate or is something else at play? Fanfiction featuring youtuber Colby Brock. **Some Sexual content/strong language** Story co...
575 2 11
"He's not just hunting us." Colby said. His hands were gripping the sides of my arms. Tears cupped his eyes. "He's ruining our lives." _ _ _ _ Thi...
108K 1.3K 81
Hey guys so this is a sequel to Colby Brock Instagram Hope you guys like