Half a heart

By IngeLanting

Scarlet Marie Styles. Louis didn't know about her. Harry kept her a secret. Scarlet knows he left. Eight yea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 Epilogue
Chapter 41 Extended Epilogue (One Shot Sequel)

Chapter 21

745 26 2
By IngeLanting

Harry's pretty sure he could get used to traveling in luxury like this - it's weird but it's really nice. They're going to be at sea for two days before reaching San Juan and he's already discovered the perks of being in the Haven suite. They've got 24 hour room service plus two private restaurants, open only to people staying in the Haven suites. There's also a private swimming pool for the occupants as well which Scarlet has already made full use of.

Their first day at sea had consisted of pulling on their swimsuits and heading to the top deck after breakfast and going down the water slides until they were too lazy to climb the stairs one more time so they settled for messing about in the pool with other travellers. Eventually Louis and Harry had staked claim on two lounge chairs near the pool, keeping an eye on Scarlet as she played with some other kids, while they talked to a couple from New Zealand.

For lunch Louis orders pizza from Pizza 24/7 and it's delivered hot and fresh from the oven a while later. He's got a veggie one for himself and Harry and a cheese pizza with bacon pieces on top for Scarlet. It's too much food for the three of them so they offer up some to the New Zealand couple and their son.

Their second day at sea consists of the same morning routine before putting on some closed toe shoes and heading to the sports complex. Scarlet immediately pointed to the ropes course where a few others are working their way through the obstacles. Harry's not really that fond of heights, so Louis goes with her while Harry keeps his feet firmly on the deck with his camera held up to snap pictures of the two and anything else that catches his eye. While Louis and Scarlet are up in the ropes course, Harry ends up chatting with a man probably in his fifties who's traveling with his wife on their 30th anniversary.

"Got somebody up there?" The man, James, questioned, pointing up at the course.

"My daughter and boyfriend." Harry replied pointing at the two.

He's always kind of hesitant to say he's got a boyfriend and a daughter, some people don't take well to it. 1) Because that means he's gay and 2) he's not married but has a kid and sometimes people just don't like that. But the man smiles and nods his head.

"Did you carry her?" He questioned which really catches Harry off guard.

"Um, yes, I did." Harry answered and the man clapped him on the shoulder.

"Our son carried his and his husbands son." James told him and Harry sighed with relief, this man definitely didn't have anything against him. "Is he the father?"

"Yeah he is. We broke up before I had a chance to tell him and we got reconnected last year." Harry explained, not going into any detail.

"You love them very much, I can tell." James commented.

"I do." Harry smiled up at Louis and Scarlet who waved down from the second level of the course.

"Well don't ever forget to tell them that. Many people don't say I love you enough and then wish they had when suddenly their chance is gone. Don't be one of those people, tell them every day." James said looking over at Harry with a serious expression before patting his shoulder with a smile. "Have a nice vacation."

"You too." Harry nodded, letting the man's words sink in.

A little while later Louis and Scarlet joined Harry back on deck with smiles on their faces.

"Daddy, I wanna walk the plank!" Scarlet said pointing over at the eight foot plank that extended over the side of the ship.

"Alright love." Harry laughed and they walked over to the line waiting.

By the time they're done with that and Harry's got loads more pictures on his camera, they head off to find something for lunch. For the rest of the day they wondered around the massive ship, weaving in and out of the stores. For dinner, they changed into nicer clothes and headed to Ocean Blue by Geoffery Zakarian. The food is absolutely incredible and Harry makes a mental note to eat there again before the cruise is complete.

The next day they docked in San Juan around 8AM. They're eating breakfast in their room before getting off the ship and it's too early for Louis to go on about San Juan, but Harry listens with mid curiosity.

"Says here San Juan was founded in 1521 an is picturesque with cobblestone streets, chapels, and plazas reflecting its Spanish heritage. Oh and it says it's the second oldest city in the Americas and boosts fine beaches, lush rain-forests, a tropical climate, verdant mountainsides, and imposing forts." Louis read off of the map they received with little facts about the island.

Once they're off the ship, they pose for a picture by the San Juan marker, the ship and ocean in the background, when a middle aged man offered to take the picture. From there they took a taxi to Old San Juan and it's like going back in time as they strolled down the cobblestone streets, Harry's fingers laced with Louis' as Scarlet walked a couple feet ahead, randomly pointing out different things.

When it's getting near lunch, Scarlet pointed to a restaurant called Casa Cortes, her nose leading her to the smell of chocolate. The food is excellent and the chocolate is probably the best they've ever had.

From the restaurant they headed back to the shore and onto a small boat that took them over to Palomino Island. Louis rented scuba gear for them and after a short instructional course they were out in the water looking at all the sea life. Colourful fish swam beneath them and occasionally Scarlet would point to one, her eyes dancing with happiness behind the goggles.

For dinner they stopped at St. Gemain Bistro and Cafe, ordering sandwiches and salads before heading back to the boat with everyone else.

The ship departs from San Juan at 7PM and they're off to Aruba. Despite having walking around most of the day the first place Scarlet drags her parents off to is the rock wall. Harry, again, is happy to keep his feet on the ground while Louis is ready to step into a harness and start climbing.

The sun is beginning to set in the sky as they sail out into the ocean, a light breeze whipping Harry's curls which are pushed back by a bandana. It's so different from the U.K. Out here it's hot and sunny while back home it's mostly cloudy and rainy and cool. He could easily get used to this weather.

"Daddy! Dad said there's a bakery on the ship! I wanna cupcake!" Scarlet exclaimed running towards Harry once she was done climbing up the rock wall.

"Alright, let's go find it. Where's your dad?" Harry questioned, reaching to pull Scarlet out of the way of a few people walking around and not paying attention.

"Taking off his harness." Scarlet answered looking over her shoulder.

Louis came walking up a moment later and immediately reached for Harry's hand while Scarlet skipped ahead of them. They found the bakery and Scarlet eyed all the different cupcakes in the display case, biting her lip trying to decide which one she wanted. Eventually she settled on a strawberry cupcake with fluffy white cream cheese frosting swirled on top. Harry and Louis both settled on classic chocolate with vanilla buttercream frosting on top.

Harry chuckled as Scarlet bit into her cupcake and pulled it away with frosting on the tip of her nose. He reached for a napkin on the counter and handed it over to her.

They're at sea for a day before they docked in Aruba.

"So there's this place called Philip's Animal Garden, I figured Scar might enjoy that." Louis commented as he and Harry finished up breakfast and Scarlet got dressed in the bedroom.

"Yeah, sounds like something she'd enjoy." Harry nodded, finishing off his tea.

Louis paid their admission to the animal garden and they're each given a bag of carrots for the animals. They visit the camels, the kangaroos, the cheetah, the birds, the pigs, and the goats before Scarlet stops dead in her tracks.

Harry frowned and looked in the direction her eyes were staring and the only thing he spots is a black miniature horse sticking it's head through its pen. His eyebrows lifted as Scarlet walked over to the small horse and pulled a carrot from her bag. She held it out and Harry can hear the sound of Louis snapping pictures as the horse takes the carrot from her. Scarlet giggled and pulled out another one.

Harry and Louis walked over as Scarlet began stroking the horses head as it tried to go for her bag of carrots. She looked up at Harry with a wide smile and even wider blue eyes and he knows right where that's going.

"Nope. Absolutely not." He shook his head.

"But I want a horse like this! He's so small!" Scarlet pouted turning back to the horse.

"Nope. You've already got a dog Scarlet and we have a cat. We don't need any more animals and we definitely don't have space for a horse or the money to take care of one." Harry said reaching over to curl his hand around Louis' head and cover his mouth so he couldn't say anything.

"But I want one." Scarlet whined.

"I said no Scarlet." Harry responded. "That answer is final."

Scarlet pouted even more but dropped the subject.

They boarded the boat at four and it set sail at five. They're at sea for another day before arriving in Jamaica. Louis practically drags them off the ship, all of them clad in swimwear. They're in a taxi before they can even blink and Louis is telling the driver to take them to the Blue Hole.

The road leading to the park was beat up, Scarlet shrieking every now and then when the taxi would hit a big hole. When they get there though it's so worth it, it's all lush greenery and tropical flowers. There's a small group forming and a tour guide greeting people.

"Hello! I'm Chris!" The man greeted them. "Your tour guide, you're just in time!"

Chris led them to the Blue Hole and it's absolutely stunning how blue and clear the water looks.

"Feel free to go in the water, fair warning it's a bit chilly!" Chris laughed before diving in himself.

"Daddy can we go in!?" Scarlet questioned watching as other people pulled off their shoes and cover-ups and t-shirts.

"I don't see why not." Harry said pulling his t-shirt over his head and placing it with Louis' and the small backpack he was carrying with the camera inside.

Chris wasn't lying. The water is bloody freezing. Scarlet comes up sputtering and shivering. Louis, being more the daredevil, spotted the rope others were using to jump in and ran over to it. He, much like his daughter, came up shivering and yelping at the coldness.

"Come on Hazza!" Louis called reaching for Scarlet and pulling her over to him. "The water feels f-fantastic!" he shivered.

Harry sighed and stared down at the 6 foot drop. Taking a breath he jumped in. The water is like ice if you ask him.

"C-Crap-p" Harry shivered when he got to the surface and turned to glare at Louis. "I h-hate you."

"Aw baby... it's just a tad cold." Louis smiled, hugging Scarlet close while she giggled, having gotten used to the water but enjoyed watching her daddy squirm.

Eventually Chris led them up a narrow trail by the river to the waterfalls. It's so stunning, Harry and Louis reach for the camera at the same time. Chris took the camera from them and motioned for them to go stand near the waterfall. With Scarlet between them and all of them smiling, Chris snapped the picture then handed back the camera.

They all get on top of the waterfall when they see people walking down it. Chris walked down with Scarlet, holding her hand as Harry and Louis watched on. They followed after and after a while they get out of the water and head over to the bar. Louis and Harry each get one beer while Scarlet got lemonade.

Once they're done at the Blue Hole they headed to eat. The restaurant had people playing steel drums and people dancing to the music.

Before they know it they're back on the ship and heading back out to sea on their way to Grand Cayman. They're there by the next morning and it's another beautiful warm sunny day. Harry's noticed how Louis' skin is responding to the sun... he's got a golden tan going on and it makes him look even more stunning.

"So, I know you were wanting to get a pony..." Louis started once they were on land and Harry quirks an eyebrow. "But that's really out of the question... so how do you feel about going horseback riding on the beach?"

"YES!" Scarlet exclaimed hurrying to hug Louis.

Pampered Ponies is the name of the place Louis takes them. Scarlet is immediately taken with a beautiful chestnut mare with a white streak from her nose to her eyes. Harry helped her up onto the horse after they went through the little orientation and then moved to hoist himself up onto the solid white mare while Louis chose a black and white mare.

They rode along the beach with the guide and eventually she had then turn the horses into the water. Louis snapped pictures with the waterproof digital camera he had purchased on the ship as the horses swam out into the ocean a little ways before turning and coming back in.

It's worth every single penny he spent just to see Scarlet so happy and to see Harry enjoying himself as well. From the horseback ride they went over to the Cayman Stand Up Paddle Company. Scarlet takes to it like a pro, getting to her knees and then standing up ten minutes after the lessons started. Meanwhile, Harry kept toppling over trying to get on his knees while Louis toppled over trying to stand up. Scarlet found it all too funny watching her parents fall off the boards while she paddled around them, life jacket securely on her just in case.

They stopped at the Brasserie on their way to Seven Mile Beach to get something to eat. With Scarlet eating a grilled cheese and Louis and Harry opting for fish cakes, they settled into their chairs and enjoyed the delicious food.

They found loungers open by some miracle at the beach and immediately Louis was stripping of his shirt and tossing his shoes aside and making a dash for the crystal clear water. Scarlet was hot on his heels while Harry decided to lounge on the beach and catch some sun.

A while later he felt drops of water hitting his chest and opened his eyes to see Scarlet standing over him.

"Are you gonna come jet skiing daddy?" She questioned with excited eyes.

"Jet skiing?" Harry responded sitting up and looking over at Louis who just smiled. "Yeah, I suppose so. You have to ride with your dad or me though."

They have a blast. Scarlet cheering as Harry jetted through the water with Louis a little ways away. When they get back onto the boat it's dinner time so they head over to one of the restaurants for a bite before heading back to their suite.

The sun was dipping below the horizon when Louis suddenly stood up.

"Scar? You ready to go bug?" He questioned.

"Yup." She smiled hopping up from the sofa, leaving Harry frowning.

"Be back soon Haz." Louis called and before Harry could get a word out they were gone.

Louis kept Scarlet close to him as they made their way through the crowds of people standing around the boat talking and taking pictures. Splash Academy is Nickelodeon themed and there's already dozens of kids running around.

"Alright bug, just like we talked about while your daddy was sleeping on the beach earlier. Listen to Ms. Diana and be good, make friends with the other kids and behave just like you would for me or your daddy. Okay?" Louis confirmed, bending over some to look Scarlet in the eyes.

"Got it." Scarlet nodded her head and moved to hug him.

"Good girl, we'll be back before you know it." Louis said, hugging her tight then moving to sign her in and give Diana his cell phone number just in case.

With a final kiss to Scarlet's forehead, Louis headed back up to their suite where Harry was still lounging on the sofa.

"Where's Scar?" Harry questioned as soon as Louis walked in alone.

"Splash Academy. Come on or we'll be late!" Louis said holding out his hand to Harry

"Late for what?" Harry asked getting up and taking Louis' hand anyways.

"You'll see!" Louis smiled and led Harry out of their suite.

They got off the boat and headed to the taxi waiting for them.

"Lou... are you sure we should be leaving the boat...?" Harry inquired looking back at the large ship.

"Yes, I talked to the captain earlier, said we weren't leaving the dock until midnight, we'll definitely be back before that." Louis replied as they climbed into the taxi.

Soon they were pulling back up to the pampered ponies and Harry quirked an eyebrow. He allowed himself to be led over to where the horses and two other couples were waiting.

"Ah! Mr. Tomlinson!" One of the employees greeted. "Awesome, we're all here now! Pick your favourite horse and let's get to the beach!"

Harry and Louis mounted the horses they had ridden earlier in the day and followed the guide down to the beach.

"Alright everyone! We've roped off a portion of the beach for you to ride, please don't take the horses into the water except to walk - no taking them out to swim. We've got three stations set up! One has champagne, one has chocolates, and the last is just for you to talk and whatnot.  I'll be riding around, just call if you need something." The employee said then wandered off on her horse.

"Guess we'll just kinda rotate yeah?" An American girl said from where she was sat on her horse next to her husband.

"Sounds like a plan!" The Canadian man from the other couple stated.

"We'll take the champagne first if that's fine with everyone?" Louis questioned looking at the other two couples.

"We'll take chocolates!" The Americans cheered and took off without another word.

The Canadian couple just chuckled and headed off towards the private zone.

At the champagne table set up in the sand, there was a bottle of chilled champagne as well as three sets of two plastic flutes. Louis figured they needed to be disposable - made sense. They climbed down off their horses and Louis popped the cork on the champagne then poured them each a flute.

"To us." Louis lifted his glass to Harry.

"To us." Harry agreed with a smile and sipped the champagne. "When did you plan this?"

"As soon as I saw they did moonlit rides. I couldn't pass it up, I thought it'd be romantic." Louis said, looking down at his drink with a little smile playing on his lips.

"It is." Harry said, edging closer to Louis. "A moonlit ride... I think that pretty much sums up romance when it's on a beautiful island... with really fit guy." he continued, pressing his nose to Louis' cheek and kissing his jaw sweetly.

A while later they switched to the chocolate table and found a box set out for each couple, their names written in fancy scroll on the tops. Louis has to will himself not to get hard when Harry let's out a deep moan as soon as the rich chocolate hits his taste buds. Of course, when Louis bites into his piece he releases the same noise and when he looks back at Harry he swears he looks a little flush.

"You think she's getting along with the other kids?" Harry questioned once his bite was gone.

"I'm sure Haz, she does really well in school, seems to have nice friends... everyone loves her." Louis replied.

"That's true, she turned out pretty good didn't she?" Harry inquired.

"All thanks to you, you've raised her proper... just like your mum raised you." Louis said, resting his head against Harry's shoulder as he picked up another chocolate.

"I did the best I could." Harry responded quietly.

"You did fantastic." Louis stated, curling an arm around Harry to squeeze him before letting go and walking over to the horses. "Wanna ride a bit?"

Harry blushed at the words, his mind going somewhere other than riding horses. He shook the thoughts out of his head and strolled over to his horse and hoisted himself up in the saddle. Louis did the same and walked Gypsy, his horse, over to where Harry sat on Star and leaned over, placing a hand on Harry's knee. Harry smiled, blushed, and leaned over as well to brush their lips together.

It's sweet and quick before they're pulling away and moving along down the beach through the water rushing up on shore. The last area has a table with a small CD player that's playing quiet piano music it sounds like. Instead of dismounting, they walked the horses a little longer before coming back to the CD player.

It's switched from playing piano music to playing Ed Sheeran. Kiss Me fades off and Give Me Love begins to play. Louis can't help but smile because it's his favourite song.

"This is like my favourite song by Ed." Harry commented, swaying with the music.

"Really?" Louis questioned looking over at Harry. "It's mine too!"

They both laugh because yeah they're still into the same things even after all those years apart.

"Dance with me?" Harry inquired rather shyly.

"Of course..." Louis murmured stepped closer to curl his arms around Harry's neck while Harry's hands settle on his hips.

Harry rested his forehead against Louis' and smiled, showing off his dimples - a sure sign that the smile was genuine and he was happy.

"I met a guy on the ship the other day." Harry said after a few moments of nothing but music filling the air around them.

"Yeah?" Louis quirked an eyebrow.

"Mhmm, noticed me watching you and Scar when you were doing the ropes course." Harry explained. "He asked me if I carried Scarlet, said his son carried his and his husbands baby."

"Oh? That's cool, I haven't met any other men that carried." Louis responded, holding Harry a little closer.

"Yeah." Harry murmured, leaning in to press his cheek to Louis'. "Said he could tell I loved you both, told me never to let a day go by where I didn't tell you because some people don't say it enough and then wish they had when suddenly their chance is gone. So I just wanted to tell you that." he said, circling his arms around Louis' wait. "Wanted to tell you that I love you, never stopped and never intend to stop."

Louis tightened his arms around Harry's shoulders and pressed his face into Harry's curly hair. It really all he can do not to let tears slip from his eyes even though they'd be happy tears.

"I love you too darling and I promise I'm never gonna stop." Louis whispered into Harry's hair before pulling back enough to press his lips to Harry's.

They can hear Ed singing in the background...

_My, my. My, my_

_Oh, give me love_

_My, my. My, my_

_Oh, give me love_

They danced along to the music, Harry's forehead resting back on Louis'. At the last note, Louis kept an arm around Harry's neck but moved his other to his waist and dipped Harry carefully so they didn't topple over in the soft sand.

"Hi." Louis smiled as Harry clung to is neck and bicep.

"Hi." Harry squeaked, taken by surprise.

Louis started to lean in to kiss him when Gypsy pressed her nose to Louis' shoulder with just enough pressure to send them toppling over.

They both let out startled yelps as they hit the ground and looked up at the black and white mare who just blinked at them and then wandered back over to Star. Beneath him, Louis felt Harry's chest begin to shake and looked down to see him trying not to burst out laughing.

Louis can't contain it when it bubbles up inside him and buries his face into Harry's chest and begins to laugh.

"Bloody horse ruined the moment." Louis chuckled, one arm under Harry while the other was draped across his stomach.

He could feel how tone Harry was beneath his cheek and arm.

"Doesn't have to be ruined I suppose." Harry commented once his laughter subsided. "I mean we're laying in the white sand on an island under the moon and stars..."

Louis looked up from where his face had been resting against Harry's chest. He shuffled up closer, pulling his arm from under Harry's back and pushing it under his neck before letting his other hand creep of Harry's stomach to his collarbones.

"Yeah, I guess it doesn't." Louis whispered and he felt one of Harry's hands come to rest on his hip.

"It really doesn't..." Harry murmured as Louis leaned in closer, bumping their noses together.

Louis sealed his lips over Harry's and curled in closer to him as the gentle breeze coming off the ocean blew around them. Harry's got one hand on Louis' lower back and his other resting on Louis' hip, his thumb rubbing back and forth against the fabric of Louis' clothes. Louis ran the tip of his tongue over Harry's bottom lip, requesting entrance and Harry parted his lips.

They haven't kissed like this since they were a couple ten years ago. It's just as electrifying as it was back then. Their grips tightened on each other as their tongues danced together.

Eventually, they pulled apart and Louis helped Harry stand up. They brushed the sand of their clothes then hoisted themselves back up onto the horses and rode back to where the guide was waiting for everyone.

They arrived back at the boat at 11, hand in hand and smiling like they were on top of the world. Scarlet was playing with another little girl named Cassidy when they walked into the splash academy to pick her up. She waved goodbye to the other girl and hurried over to Harry and Louis.

"Did you have fun love?" Louis questioned, draping an arm over her shoulders as they walked back to their room.

"Loads! Ms. Diana let us watch Scooby Doo and gave us some candy!" Scarlet said, tucking herself further into Louis' side as they passed by a few drunken people.

"That was nice of her." Louis smiled.

Up in their suite they took turns showering and got into their pyjamas. Scarlet was the first to crawl into bed, burying her face into the pillow and drifting right off. Harry paused in the living area long enough to kiss Louis.

"Thanks for tonight, I had fun." Harry said, pulling away.

"Anything for you." Louis smiled reaching out to stroke his thumb over Harry's jaw. "Sweet dreams love."

"Night Lou." Harry replied then headed off to bed.

They docked in Mexico at ten AM the next day. There's already hundreds if not thousands of people the beach by the time they get off the boat and head over to Nachi Cocom. There's people waiting to go parasailing, rent wave runners, ride the banana boat, rent private boats, and everything in between.

Louis' already got it covered though, having used the phone in their room to call ahead and book all the things they wanted to do.

He's reserved a private yacht, rides on the banana boat, two wave runners, a spot for parasailing, and snorkelling at Palancar Reef. They've got time before their reservation for the banana boat to go eat so they go to Burritos Gorditos, a local joint that they've been hearing other passengers on the ship talk about.

Scarlet gets a beef burrito with no beans, Louis goes for pork, and Harry opted for chicken. They're filling and fantastic and they mentally thank the people on the boat for talking about the place. As soon as they arrived at the beach they headed over to the banana boat and climbed on for the reserved ride.

From the banana boat they walked over to one of the boats for parasailing. Scarlet got strapped into the seat between Harry and Louis and the boat took off when they were ready. The parachute filling with air and slowly lifted them up from the back of the boat as the boat gained speed. They drifted up above the water, Scarlet letting out a cheer of excitement while Louis snapped photos of the land below along with pictures of Harry and Scarlet. Fifteen minutes later one of the workers flipped a switch for a motor to pull them in.

After they were back on the beach, Louis led them over to a different boat for snorkelling. The reef is full of colourful fish and coral. Harry snapped pictures with the waterproof camera, taking in the underwater world that was surrounding them.

Once again, when they got back to the beach, Louis snatched Harry's and Scarlet's hand and led them over to yet another boat, only this one is a yacht. The captain greeted them with a cheerful smile and welcomed them aboard before heading off and getting the boat out to sea. There were two wave runners attached on the back of the boat and they climbed onto them as soon as the captain stopped the yacht.

By the time they got back on board the yacht, Harry's pretty much decided that he'd absolutely love to own wave runners and maybe he'll casually bring it up to Louis one day. They had dinner on the yacht and then headed back to the ship.

Some of the locals are watching them board and Louis doesn't miss the shouts of some paps and fans of Little Mix that recognize him or the flashes from their cameras. He gets why their other locations have been some quiet, Little Mix isn't well known in Jamaica yet, he definitely wants to change that, but he gets that that's why he hasn't received much attention. However, Little Mix is scheduled to perform in Mexico as soon as they're done with their final US concert.

They sail through the night and into the day a little before reaching their final destination on their cruise, the Bahamas.

"Are we going to Atlantis!?" Scarlet questioned as soon as the ship was docked.

She was bouncing around in a royal blue summer dress over her swimsuit and her white sandals. Ever since Niall had mentioned Atlantis to her, Scarlet had been geared up and ready to go to the water park in Paradise Island.

"Yes baby, we are." Harry answered, grabbing up a duffel bag with their towels and sunscreen.

Harry was wearing navy blue swim shorts that sat low on his hips and drew Louis' eye right to his slender frame. If Louis' honest... he'll probably dream of yanking down those shorts and ravishing Harry tonight when he falls asleep.

With their hands securely laced together and Scarlet leading the way, they made their way off the ship and to a taxi to take them to Atlantis. Louis paid for their tickets before Harry could utter a word and they headed into the park were hundreds of others already were.

The leap of faith, the challenger slide, the abyss, the serpent slide - anything that Scarlet pointed to, they rode, which turned out to be everything. They only stop to use the bathroom and to eat lunch at a place called Shark Bites.

Once they rode everything in the water park they headed over to Dolphin Cay for the shallow water dolphin interaction and the  sea lion interaction. Harry's pretty sure he's never seen Scarlet happier as one of the dolphins comes up and let Scarlet kiss it's nose while Louis snaps a picture.

After they had done everything there was to do and seen everything there was to see, they headed over to Pink Sands beach. The beach is stunning and the sand is soft under their feet and just warm. Louis and Harry stood together on the beach while Scarlet splashed around in the shallow water with a few other kids.

"This has been so amazing, thank you for all of this." Harry said turning to look at Louis.

"You're welcome Hazza, this has been probably the best two weeks of my life in the past ten years honestly." Louis responded, nuzzling Harry's neck. "I couldn't have asked for a better holiday."

"Me either and I know Scar has really enjoyed it. She loves the sunshine and water almost as much as football." Harry commented, watching as Scarlet picked up a seashell.

"Well, maybe we'll just have to buy a vacation home somewhere sunny with lots of water." Louis said, dreaming of a perfect beach cottage somewhere warm with sparkling blue  water.

Harry doesn't reply because he's caught up in what Louis just said...  _we'll have to buy a vacation home_... Louis really doesn't seem to be intending on going anywhere anytime soon. In fact it seems as though he's got plans to make himself a permanent fixture, not that Harry has any problem with that anymore really...

They boarded the ship as the sun began to sink low in the sky, even though the ship wasn't scheduled to leave until ten or eleven. Louis, Harry, and Scarlet put on their best clothes. Scarlet walked out of the bedroom where a dress Louis had gotten her back in London that had a black bottom and a white top with lightly ruffled shoulders trimmed in black that went perfect with her new black gladiator sandals from Miami. Harry had pulled on his slim fit black trousers with a white button up and slender black tie. Louis came out wearing similar slim fit black trousers but with a blue button up. It was their final meal on the ship so they went to the private Haven restaurant and enjoyed a fabulous meal with the other Haven passengers.

After their meal they headed back to their room and changed into their pyjamas before piling onto the sofa bed and selecting a movie to watch as the ship took off from the dock.

The next morning when Harry awoke it was with a wait on his shoulder and something pressing against his legs. Blinking his eyes he found Louis' head resting on his shoulder, the just older lad soundly asleep, little snores falling from his thin parted lips. Looking down he found Scarlet sleeping between them with her face pressed against Louis' stomach.

Louis stirred and blinked his eyes open. He looked at Harry and then Scarlet then back at Harry.

"Guess we fell asleep during the movie." Louis whispered, pressing his nose against Harry's shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess we did." Harry laughed softly, reaching for the remote to switch off the TV.

"I think we're going to be docking soon, should probably make sure we have everything packed and ready to go." Louis said, pulling away and gently moving away from Scarlet.

"I don't want to." Harry whined quietly.

"Sorry babe, but we have to." Louis said walking around to Harry's side of the sofa bed and leaning over to kiss his lips, not caring about morning breath.

Harry hummed happily into the sweet kiss.

"Gross. Stop it." Scarlet muttered as she woke up and caught sight of them.

The two adults laughed while their daughter gave them a barely disgusted look.

"Go brush your teeth and get dressed love, we need to be ready to leave the boat." Louis said reaching out to ruffle her curls before walking away.

Soon they were walking off the ship, waving goodbye to others they had met along the duration of their two week cruise. A taxi took them straight to the hotel Louis had booked, the Hyatt Regency Pier 66, since their flight home wasn't until the next morning. Once they dropped their things off they headed to Las Olas Boulevard and spent the rest of the day shopping and sightseeing.

They stopped at Gilbert's 17th Street Grill for dinner and then made a stop at the Florida Snow Factory for frozen yogurt. Scarlet smiled happily as she spooned up a bite of her chocolate frozen yogurt with cookie dough and chocolate chips mixed into it. Harry went for strawberry with strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on top and Louis got a chocolate shake.

By the time they got back to the hotel they were exhausted and fell into the beds immediately after changing.

At four the next morning they boarded their flight back to London. They're in first class again and instead of sitting between them, Scarlet sat next to the window, peering out at the world below them. Harry rested his head on Louis shoulder and Louis reached up and rubbed Harry's scalp gently.

"Sleep baby." Louis whispered, turning his head to kiss Harry's forehead.

"Mhmmm." Harry hummed already half asleep.

Louis smiled and pressed another kiss to Harry's forehead, "Love you."

"Love you too." Harry responded as he drifted off.

His dreams filled of memories from their holiday and his future with Louis.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 19.7K 48
"You are far from a mistake, Louis. You are the best goddamned thing that's ever happened to me." - Louis was in a car accident while Harry one month...
23.1K 638 30
Heir to the throne Harry Styles needs to have a loyal companion to take his place on the throne. But when he meets a handsome peasant named Louis Tom...
8.1K 450 25
Louis and Harry have been best friends since childhood and lovers since they were 15. They can't imagine their lives without each other and yet that'...
17.7K 627 27
Louis was very vocal about his love for Harry Styles going to every concert and documenting it on his social media what happens when louis gets surpr...