The wrong star

By anabe23

Humans are back in Pandora and Miles Quaritch is one of them, at least some form of him. If they couldn't win... More

Hostage
Become the enemy
Forest
Bond
Now we can't go back
I see you
We need a plan
Fire
Fight for the future
---1,000 reads announcement---
I knew it
Journey
------ bonus -------
Tulkun hunt
Everything goes to hell
Enemies
Last deep breath
Happy new year
Black out
Village
---10k reads---
Strenght
---10k special Miles POV---
Prisoner
I'm different
Happiness is a fragile thing
They're coming
Time goes by
War preparations
New heir
Fear
Almost time
Battle
New life
author's note
what follows
author's note
----Journey, Miles's POV----
I'm not like you
Ametrine
Air
Sister of the ocean
Trip back home
author's note
Mother
Kind of a family
Air view
Not blue
Spirits
No signal
Have some faith
The battle of the halleluyah mountains
The hunt
author's note

Bullet

2K 86 8
By anabe23

"Cuff them to the railing!" Miles orders the soldiers.

Lo'ak tried to free Tuk and another girl that I don't know, but he ran out of time and they got them all.

"Cousin!" I scream in Na'vi.

Tuk and Lo'ak turn to me, I'm so happy to see them.

"Anatuat!" Tuk screams in excitement.

I try to go to them but one of the soldiers stops me.

"Anatuat help us!" Tuk screams.

"Wait, just wait a little, I'll get you-" the soldier grabs me tightly and covers my mouth.

I'm afraid of how hard he is crushing me so I bite him and get free.

I have to remember that if any of them notice my bump they'll use it against me and they'll start looking for the father. So I try to act calm, thankfully I was wearing the jacket.

"Take her to her room," Miles orders the female soldier.

I plead with him to let me help my cousins but he turns his back on me.

What the hell is he doing?!

I resist again and fight the soldier, she tells me that if I don't calm down she'll hit me.

I hiss at her and kick her in the stomach, he wasn't expecting that from me right now. I run back to the deck and Miles lets out an angry sigh.

"I can take her to her room if you want," Slovich volunteers.

"She wants so badly to be here, then she'll be here," he says as he takes my arm and cuffs me not so far from my cousins.

"Miles..." I whisper but he ignores me.

Now I'm nervous, I really don't know what the hell is going on.

"So how have you been?" I ask my cousins.

"I think a little bit better than you cousin," Lo'ak answers and I smile a little.

"This is Tsireya," Tuk introduces the other girl.

"Hi," 

"Hi," she replies and smiles a little.

"Stop talking!" Miles orders us and we shut up.

I decide to sit down, I'll still be cuffed anyways.

"How did you-" I'm about to ask them how they ended up here when Miles comes and takes Lo'ak's microphone away.

"Hey Sully, I got your kids," he says.

I look up at him, he has a determined look. A soldier on a mission, but I don't know what his mission is right now.

We all wait for whatever he is going to say next but instead of talking he takes out his gun and points it at Lo'ak.

"Don't! Miles, don't!" I scream in fear, Tuk and Tsireya scream too. Lo'ak doesn't react.

"Come on, I know you can see me." He says and activates the gun. "Turn yourself in or I'll shoot your son, then I'll shoot your daughter and then the rest of the people you see here," he says and smirks.

I'm lost at his words. What the hell is going on? Could he have sided with the humans after all...? Maybe this was just a sick way to get Jake's attention.

"Don't come!" Lo'ak screams and Miles laughs as he points at his head.

"No!" I scream. He looks at me if only for a second but I never see his hand tremble or him hesitate.

I guess Jake agreed to surrender because Miles smiles and lowers the gun a little.

He makes a signal with his hand and the soldiers position themselves around the deck.

We're there frozen in time, waiting for whatever comes next when all of a sudden I feel water on my face and the sun is gone.

"Get down!" A soldier shouts and I turn.

A Tulkun is flying above the ship, meters away from us when it hits the ship.

"Payacan!" Lo'ak calls out.

The people who don't run out of the way start shooting and I try to make myself into a ball. This is exactly the type of situation where I would love to have my weapons.

All hell is loose as there are screams and they shot at the Tulkun, Miles stays a little close to me but gives orders to his team.

The ship starts sinking and people start evacuating.

Miles gets distracted by that and I suddenly see Neteyam.

"Neteyam!" Tuk whispers excitedly.

"Miss me brother?" he teases Lo'ak.

He unties Tuk and Tsireya but is wasting time as he teases Lo'ak.

"Guys hurry up and leave!" I tell them.

"Untie her," Lo'ak signals with his head to me.

"No! you go first, you can give me the knife and I'll do it myself but please, please get out of here," I plead to them.

Tsireya seems to be the only one listening and urges Tuk to start walking.

"Cousin..." Neteyam says walking to me.

"Hi, just leave the knife. Hurry up and get your brothers out of here okay?" I say.

"But-" he gets cut off by more gunshots and the ship sinking a little more.

"Go!" I order him. He gives me the knife and I look to make sure they get out of here. Once they're out of my sight I start cutting.

"Keep the knife," I hear Miles say as he kneels and unties me.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask in exasperation as he drags me away.

"Let's go get you weapons and try to talk to Sully," he says. "Let me guide you okay?" he says taking my hand.

I don't know what's going on but I'll trust him so I nod and we start running. Some of the soldiers are still firing at the Tulkun or at the natives, the fight is now in full order.

Miles guides me to the control room, my feet are wet.

"Miles..." I cry out in fear.

"Try to walk diagonally and don't let go of my hand," he indicates to me. He's calm, focused.

We somehow make our way to another place downstairs, I'm starting to get claustrophobic as I see more and more water coming in as we go down.

"Please tell me we're close," I say.

"To the left," he indicates me and I follow.

"Grab onto the stairs," he lets go of my hand for a moment to open the door to this room, they have an arsenal and at the back of the room, I see them. My axe and bow, I've missed them so much.

"I'll hold you as you strap them on," he tells me and helps me keep my balance as I put them on. My bow crosses my body as my two arrows are strapped to it and my axe fits into a belt that helps my keep it in place on my back.

"Let's get out of here," I say.

"Wait," he says and points to the microphone around his neck.

"It's Lo'ak's," I say and he nods.

This is great, now we can talk to Jake, and let him know that we're on his side.

"Jake," Miles says.

A moment goes by and it feels like forever until I hear a faint hiss coming from the earpiece.

"No, wait- I didn't, I never fired at him," Miles says.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Sully, I swear I didn't touch the kid," he says.

"What the hell is going on?" I ask desperately.

"Sully-" Miles grunts and hits the wall, it sinks in the shape of his fist.

"What is it?" I ask as he starts taking me upstairs.

He shakes his head a little before answering and turning to look at me.

"His kid has been shot," 

I cry out.

"No, no! Who?!" I ask frantically.

"I don't know, Jake didn't let me explain or say anything else, he just said he's coming and we're paying for it," he says.

I'm crying. I don't care if Jake comes, I care about my family. I care about one of my cousins being shot and probably dying.

"Is he going to die?" I ask.

Bullet wounds are not that common, and most times when Jake and the others came back from a mission to take down cargo or something like that, the few killed were killed by bullets, so I was very afraid for my cousin's life.

"I don't know, it depends on the wound and if someone can heal him," Miles says.

I cry again and hiss in anger.

"Listen to me," he takes me by the arms and shakes me a little. "Anatuat, listen. We'll go back up there and you'll have to be strong and fast okay? I want you to escape in one of the boats, I'll go with you and help you get on one, take Spider with you. I'll follow you in my Ikran and we'll look for your family okay?" he says.

My mind can only focus on blood, the smell is suddenly very strong.

"Anatuat!" he shakes me a little more again. "You have to be focused okay? when I tell you to duck, you duck. When I tell you to stop, you stop. If I have to fire and cover you I will, but you'll move fast okay?" he asks looking me in the eye.

I swallow hard.

"Okay?"

"Okay," I respond in a low voice.

He nods and takes my hand again.

Eclipse had passed and now the sky is dark. There are red lights that alert whoever is left on the ship that they have to get out, a few humans are fighting with each other and some Na'vi are still here.

"Run!" Miles tells me and leads the way as he takes me by the hand. We get safe to another part of the ship when I remember.

"Where's Spider?!" I shout over the alarms.

Miles looks frantically to one side and the other, he even shouts for him but there's nothing.

"Spider!" I shout. Nothing again.

"Anatuat!" I hear my name but it can't be. 

I let go of Miles's hand and run to the railing behind this part of the ship.

"Kiri," I breathe out when I find my cousin cuffed there.

"Help me, please.." Tuk says in a sad voice leaning behind Kiri.

"What are you doing here?!" I ask them as I approach them.

"We came to rescue Spider," Tuk answers.

"Anatuat!" Kiri screams in warning and nods behind me, I turn to find Miles.

"Let me get them out," I tell him.

Kiri seems confused at this.

"Are you... are you with him?" she asks in disbelief.

"No, no it's not... what it seems," I being explaining.

Miles loses no time and approaches Kiri to take off her cuffs, but she hisses at him.

"Kiri! let us help you," I say.

"What are you doing with him? You're even dressed like the sky people," she accuses me.

I'm only wearing Miles's jacket over my clothes.

"I'll explain to you later, please let's just-" I can't finish talking because the ship shifts again and I lose my footing, Miles wants to help me but I slide down and fall.

"Anatuat!" he screams and I try to hold onto something as the water pushes me down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 1K 16
THIS STORY FAVORS SPIDER SO IF YOU ARE A SPIDER HATER DON'T BOTHER READING. This is a story following the events of Avatar The Way of Water. Its abo...
41.9K 1.1K 16
Y/N has known only one thing in their time since the Sully's adopted him: family is everything. When old enemies of the Na'vi return to Pandora, can...
94.5K 3.1K 38
- Jake Sully X Reader (Avatar The Way of Water Fan-Fiction) - |Avatar Franchise| - Single Book - After losing Neytiri in battle against the resurfa...
328K 7.1K 85
This story is about a girl, y/n, who was abandoned on Pandora after the war against the sky people and Omatikaya clan after her parents died. She re...